Start by marking “Silent Hero: A Tribute to the Legend of Zelda” as Want to Read:
Silent Hero: A Tribute to the Legend of Zelda
read book

Silent Hero: A Tribute to the Legend of Zelda

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  120 ratings  ·  31 reviews
The Triforce, that golden entity set in place by the three goddesses to protect all Hyrule, has been broken—into nine Shards instead of three this time. Darkness creeps along the fringes of not only Hyrule, but also of Termina and Twilight. These three realms, intimately linked, can only be rescued by...
A young boy who cannot speak but whose courage will emanate louder tha
Published July 5th 2012 by Smashwords (first published November 3rd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Silent Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silent Hero

Blackfrost
Wow. So much here, and yet, so much missing. This book is a definite read for anyone who has plenty of time, a Zelda addiction, and really likes fan fiction. Otherwise, don't waste your time. It stayed true to a lot of the core concepts and heart of Zelda, but was very confusing and vague. I liked the relationship between Link and Midna until Midna started being just as much of a hero as Link with her saving his hide more than once. I did like the nice spin on Link, being unable to talk and all, ...more
Heather
This was an interesting read, to say the least. Any fan of the game will really enjoy it. There are several inside jokes that you pretty much have to be an avid gamer to enjoy as well as a Zelda fan. The only thing I really didn't like was how abrupt the ending was; had it been better, I likely would have given it five stars.
-RadioActiveBookWorm-
I'm only going to put this with three stars, and here's why: This is a published fanfiction, and that's not cool. I'm probably only going to say that once. It has a bunch of copyright infringements, or so my dad explained so many times, and apparently there's a law somewhere about something so 12 year olds can't publish things about video games. I dunno. I wasn't paying that much attention. Whatever. Okay. Moving on. This book is about a new hero, also named link, who goes on yet another journey ...more
rhea
Fanfiction is fanfiction. I had fun with it as a quick read at work when I forgot a book. Now that I've covered a Zelda and a Harry Potter fanfic I can use the ebook section here for other things.
(This review may contain spoilers).

I only ever played the first game of Zelda, but it was one of the first games I played on a console that wasn't a gameboy and one of the first I managed to play right through to the end. So when I realised an author I liked had written a tribute to The Legend of Zelda, I decided to read it.

As good as I found this book, I'm glad it was offered for free, since fan fiction shouldn't be made money from. I found it to be a very well-written book and Link's inability
Eden
The Triforce has been broken into nine shards. It is up to Link and Midna to save both their worlds both it's too late.

Legend of Zelda are all really fun games with a great story. I think this book covered that well. The book has its funny moments just like the games and of course I really like Link. He's silent, but a good character. I can imagine how frustrating it is for him not to be able to speak, though. And Midna was sweet. She and Link really care for each other.

This the first I've ever
Lauren
I occasionally write fan fiction, but it is usually nothing compared to Silent Hero. This tribute to the Legend of Zelda games follows fairly close, from what I remember (I've only watched my brother play Ocarina of Time, so I'm not really in a position to judge accuracy). But Schulze has opened a box of vivid description and fun wordplay to create the world of Hyrule, Kokiri, and the rest. It had good pacing, never dragged.
So why three stars? It just wasn't for me. I guess I'm not enough of a Z
Nick
In all honest, i think my love for the zelda universe is what kept me reading this one to the end. The writing wasn't terrible, however some of the story line, and a lot of the "It was like this, but also like opposite-of-this", which kinda got annoying at the end. I didn't mind that link couldn't talk, it was a good "twist" on a classic character. All in all i probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone, and the 3 stars really are for the classic characters for which i have so much love for.
Gabbi Pace
I was on the fence with this book. It was a good read that had me hooked. However, The grammar and spelling was quite horrendous at times, and sometimes I felt as if they were taking too many privileges with the game. Overall though, the book was a good one, and I would definitely read it agin. It is somewhat necessary to have at least a small portion of Legend Of Zelda knowledge to understand the book. Involves Link-Midna shipping, so if you don't like it, don't read it.
Brad
Another great novel from Christine E. Schulze!

Let me be honest... I've never played Zelda. Yes, I've heard of it, and yes, I know what it's about, but since I've never played the video game, some little parts in "Silent Hero" were actually a learning experience for me! Again, another fast-paced novel to where I finished it very quickly. Please do pick up some books by Christine, because I'm sure you will love them!
David Feliciano echevarria
It was really, really good. It had many grammar errors, but nobody's perfect. I enjoyed the ending, even if it wasn't a "regular" ending. I really hate those "Happily Ever After" endings. This mix, 'cause it's clearly a mix from all games (maybe not all, but most of 'em), was pretty cool and intriguing, even if in some parts I felt the urge of falling asleep. Even though, I highly recommend this e-book.
Olivia Blouin
I absolutely love this book! The author melted to games together so beautifully to present an extraordinary book. It's definitely my favourite book.
Aaron Linn
as the tittle states this is a Legend of Zelda story and its wrote wiyh those who love the game series of the same name. I my self am a huge zelda fan and was rather exited to read a book based on zelda, but as I ws reading it it felt less and less like a book and more like a some bodys fanfiction, a well wrote fanfiction but fanfiction none the less.
Eloise Corona
I... Loved... THIS SO MUCH! It fit the Zelda series so perfectly. The characters, the scene, and Link. It was a shame though when Midna sacrificed her life. She loved Link and Link loved her. It was so sad I actually cried. This indeed showed that this author is a true Zelda fan. I am looking forward to more :)
Christine
There was many issues I found and many plot questions I came across. Overall the book isn't great although I did enjoy the attempt of a new story and much more. Some of it caught my attention and then others made me wonder, what? I suppose that's all I can really say. 2 star rating.
Lucy Ride

This book is based off of Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and some other characthers are from Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess. It is not very Zelda like and is very loosly based (but like i could do any better)
Ridge Simmons
I read this book because my friend Brad Sells loaned it to me. I have always loved the game so you can guess that I love this AMAZING book. Christine Schulze is an amazing writer I can't wait to read more.
Grant Sherman
Ss uca great book. The ending was so intense with the epic batle in between azure zaruman vs. Link and majora vs. Midina. But the end was also the saddest, I can't wait to find another book like this.
Jfort3
I think this book is an accurate description of what would happen if Link and Midna were to team up again to protect Hyrule from enemies from Termina, Hyrule, and Twilight.
Lotrsgal
Very good. It is set in a different time to the Zelda games which made it more interesting. It's a full a action but is still very detailed and really is a great read
Ashley Mann

Not what I expected from fan fiction but altogether a nice read. Only gave 3 stars because as a true Zelda fan it didn't live up to all of my expectations.
Josh
Great book a must read for all Zelda fans and to those who read he doesn't talk in it...just a reminder he doesn't talk on the games he grins in the games :-)
Michel
As a person who never played Saving Zelda I was a bit lost. Though I did like the way the words flowed. though once in awhile I did get a little lost.
Emily Trees
While I found the story to be very well done and following a lot of the canon, I can't wait for the re-write that should come out soon.
Ryan Thrasher
It was awesome, but sad at the end, I loved the Legend of Zelda my whole life, and this was excellent.
Lauren
Not bad for a fanfiction. I liked it a lot.
Landon
I saw this on the giveaway page and entered to win a copy, and then saw that I could read it for free on goodreads, so I withdrew from the giveaway and just read the ebook version. I loved the idea of this book, as a child, The Legend of Zelda games was a loved pastime, and though I haven't even thought about it in many years, when I first saw the book it brought back wonderful memories. I was very disappointed, which I guess I should have expected. Fanfic is always something I've looked down on ...more
Turtle
Jun 11, 2012 Turtle rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No One, Not Even Zelda Fans
Recommended to Turtle by: My Nook
If Stephanie Meyer wrote a Zelda fanfiction, I imagine it would read like this. And I think that would even be a slight against Meyer, despite how much I dislike her vampire novels. This novel (if it could even be called such) lacks conflict, good characters and heart. Even the love story, which seems to be the main premise, is flat and dull. I have to wonder if the author was as bored writing this as I was reading it. The villians aren't even introduced until the last few chapters. I was starti ...more
Elizabeth
I have played and greatly enjoyed several Zelda games and I was hoping for something better in a book like this. It doesn't strike me as very imaginative; many things are taken from a few games, especially Ocarina of Time, and tossed together. The quest on which Link and Midna embark is basically going from one place to another, collecting things and sometimes talking to people. Nothing much really happens. The bad guys are kept in virtual obscurity till near the end. The one thing that struck a ...more
Christine E. Schu...: "Silent Hero" Re-vamp 1 4 Jul 05, 2012 05:41PM
  • The Legend of Zelda and Philosophy: I Link Therefore I Am
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii Version) -- Collector's Edition
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Zelda, #9)
  • The Legend of Zelda:  Forgotten Goddess
  • The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia
  • The Necromancer's Apprentice (The Necromancer's Apprentice #1)
  • From Barbie to Mortal Kombat: Gender and Computer Games
  • Portal 2: Lab Rat
  • From Myst to Riven: The Creations and Inspirations
  • Brood of the Witch-Queen
  • Spooks and Magic (Alana Weatherbee, #2)
  • Power-Up: How Japanese Video Games Gave the World an Extra Life
  • Blindsight (Mirus, #1.3)
  • Replay: The History of Video Games
  • Geek Mafia
  • All Your Base Are Belong to Us: How Fifty Years of Videogames Conquered Pop Culture
3242087
Christine E. Schulze has been creating books since she was too young to even write them in words. Her collection of YA and MG fantasy and Christian Fantasy books, The Amielian Legacy, is comprised of series and stand-alone books which can all be read separately but which weave together to create an amazing fantasy.

One of her main aspirations for The Amielian Legacy is to be able to create grand f
More about Christine E. Schulze...
Bloodmaiden Golden Healer, Dark Enchantress (The Stregoni Sequence #1) Lily in the Snow The Hero Chronicles: A Complete Collection The Hero of 1000 Years (The Hero Chronicles, #1)