Start by marking “Supernatural Childbirth” as Want to Read:
Supernatural Childbirth

Supernatural Childbirth

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  232 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Pregnancy and childbirth are often depicted as a time of sickness and mood swings for women followed by twelve to twenty hours of pain and hard labor. Many women have been told they can never conceive. Others have suffered the pain of conceiving and miscarrying. Have you had enough of this picture?

Supernatural Childbirth is a practical and realistic look at God's promises
Published May 26th 2010 by Harrison House LLC (first published July 1st 1993)

Michelle Daniely

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
This book was a blessing to my husband and me. It encouraged me to spend even more time in the Bible renewing my mind with the Word concerning childbirth. The time in the Word coupled with the encouragement in this book, reminded me I have been redeemed from the curse of the law.
My first daughter was
Rebecca
My whole gripe with this book is that the entire premise is nonsensical. Since when does faith abandon reason? Genesis clearly states that one of the punishments for the fall was guaranteed pain in childbirth. In a pre-lapsarian world, childbirth would have been painless. Yes, I know that our faith in the (NT) promises of God give us victory in this life, but I don't believe that victory always comes without pain. Nor do I believe that God intended us to retrofit and isolate verses of personal e ...more
Tara Dulin
A must read for any woman interested in delivering their baby naturally -- no meds, no pain, no tearing -- i.e., supernaturally. I experienced supernatural childbirth twice. Both times were the most empowering experiences of my life! I cannot say enough good things about this book.

I would also recommend this book to anyone recovering from a miscarriage or struggling with infertility. The many prayers and scriptures compiled here will encourage you to press into the Lord and renew your faith.
Jessica
I could not have done without this book. It is a true jewel for all pregnant women. It builds your faith to an enormous level, and after reading it and praying about it, I truly had a supernatural childbirth. I pray that every woman that reads this had the same revelations that I had.
Katy
It just weirded me out too much. I had a hard time connecting. While I absolutely believe that God answers our prayers and gives us the desires of our hearts, and that miracles happen and we should always move forward through life in faith and focus that God is in control and means to bless us, I just can't connect beyond to the idea that any pain in childbirth is a result of fear and the devil, and that things like a C-section or asking for pain medication are not moving forward in faith that G ...more
Kj Brazelton
I Loved this Book!!

I am so ready and excited for our next birth. We haven't even confirmed a pregnancy test yet but we are planning out our Supernatural Birth after reading several negative reviews on this book, I must say that this book is definitely Not for everyone. If you don't believe in God or if you don't believe that Jesus took on our sickness, disease and pain (on the cross) so that we don't have to live under that curse .. Then you probably won't be able to tap into the very simple tr
Lacresha
I read this book some years ago and it changed my entire way of thinking about having children. It opened the scriptures to me in a new way. I HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone who wants to have children. I lost my first copy but plan to get another copy within the next few days to read again and again.
Cherise
The whole book was based on a completely unbiblical principle. It twisted Scripture to fit its purposes. The whole thing was incredibly irritating and made me a bit sick at times. :(
I highly suggest not reading this book if you want accurate biblical theology.
Kimberly Crowe
One of my new favorites! A must read for anyone who is pregnant, planning on in future, or just to read for enjoyment. It will bring a whole new perspective to childbirth!
Angela
Dec 12, 2007 Angela rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who plan to have children one day
This book blessed me beyond words. I learned from this book it doesnt matter what you been told by doctors they dont have the last say my God does and he's the healer.
Regina Clark
Great book for moms-to-be! I had a pretty smooth time of it with my first, thanks to the lessons learned.
Lori
This was pretty good. I think, with anything, you take what you like and leave the rest. I loved her verses that affirmed our ability to conceive carry and birth a child without pain according to Gods Word. The concept of truly believing and praying for a pain free birth was a new idea for me. I'm nine months pregnant so I'll let you know how it goes :)
Jessica Ma
Recommended to me by a friend who read and experienced a pain-free childbirth as a result.

It was a joy to read this book, I particularly enjoyed the numerous testimonies and comprehensive scripture list towards the back. My husband and I have been applying this to our prayer life though we are still a few years away from starting a family.
Hilary
Very spiritually encouraging while trying to conceive

Great Christian book for women trying to conceive, or already pregnant. Good for father's-to-be also. All of the bible verses pertaining to conceiving, child birth, etc are all here. Very easy to read and reread to give yourself peace of mind, and learn to wholly trust in the Lord, and not have fear.
Jenn-lee
I LOVE this book. I highly recommend it to any woman even remotely curious about birthing without epidural, pain meds etc. I had five births with an epidural before reading this book. I believed I was a wimp and could never go without all the drugs. This book have me the confidence to continue with my conviction to go natural for my sixth. As a result I had no pain. I felt intense contractions but really truly experienced a very super natural childbirth with no pain. It was a miracle. Read this ...more
Bree Fennell
Great book! I feel ready now for my boy to arrive!
Alexis
Wow, I learned a ton from this book. Basically I would just say that if you are a Christian and you are pregnant it is a must read. It really gives a lot of strategy in dealing with fear and anxiety surrounding conception, pregnancy and delivery. I don't think it's the only book you should read to prepare for delivery because there is not very much practical advice given for that phase, aside from not getting into fear. But definitely a lot of insight on God's heart for "child bearing".
Tal
i love that this book is mostly her testimony. they talked about how they found what God's Word said, stood on it and obtain favorable results. it even talks about when their faith started to falter and how they overcame. i loved reading the testimonies in the back as well (though, i think those should have focused more on God and less on the authors pointing them to God). it's about faith and it's not hokey at all. i really enjoyed reading it.
Sara
I loved this book for building my faith that God could allow me to have a son. My amazing boy is almost 5 months old now!
Rachael Neagle
Jul 17, 2008 Rachael Neagle rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Rachael by: Camille Farrow
I can't say enough about how much this book helped me. First, the prayers to believe for conception and then the scripture references and prayers that helped me believe for a healthy pregnancy. I recommend this book to anyone struggling to concieve and for reference throughout pregnancy.
Dana Cooper
I LOVED this book! It helped to calm my fears and worries about childbirth. While I didn't deliver naturally it did allow me to get to 7cm dilated without feeling overwhelmed and consumed. It came highly recommended by a close family friend. Our bodies are amazing!
Afiyfa
Oct 20, 2008 Afiyfa rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kimberly Ingram
Recommended to Afiyfa by: Alonda Sullivan
This is a must have book for all woman who are believers and know that God has redeemed you from the curse in Eden and the curse of law. You can have an easy noncomplicated conception, pregnancy and delivery. Stand on his word!
Nike
I enjoyed this book, I connected via hope of my own desires! The strength of their faith, was an incredible thing to me, because that was not really the easy route!
Krista
This book challenged me to have faith during delivery. It was a huge encourager and motivator. Who needs an epidural anways....just increase the faith. :-)
Lindsi
This book was interesting. It had some good points and helped me to be calm through labor, however I don't agree with the overall concept of the book.
Abby
I highly recommend this book to anyone expecting a baby...and desiring for God's peace and promises for the delivery!
Katherine
I suppose this could be considered a sort of announcement... ;-)
Lots of good scriptures in this one.
Chee Keong
It build my faith.
Kate Krause
Kate Krause marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Could this theology be applied to other things? 2 3 Aug 08, 2013 12:40AM
  • Hints on Child Training: A Book That's Been Helping Parents Like Your...for More Than 100 Years
  • I Promise: How 5 Essential Commitments Determine the Destiny of Your Marriage
  • Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way
  • Vaccinations: A Thoughtful Parent's Guide: How to Make Safe, Sensible Decisions about the Risks, Benefits, and Alternatives
  • The Strong-Willed Child: Birth Through Adolescence
  • The God Catchers: Experiencing the Manifest Presence of God
  • The Christian Parenting Handbook: 50 Heart-Based Strategies for All the Stages of Your Child's Life
  • The Treasury of David, Volmes #1-3(The Treasury of David #1-3)
  • The Nourishing Traditions Book of Baby & Child Care
  • Active Birth : The New Approach to Giving Birth Naturally
  • Your Two-Year-Old: Terrible or Tender
  • What to Do about Your Brain-Injured Child: Or Your Brain-Damaged, Mentally Retarded, Mentally Deficient, Cerebral-Palsied, Epileptic, Autistic, Athetoid, Hyperactive, Attention Deficit Disordered, Developmentally Delayed, Down's Child
  • Beyond Bath Time: Embracing Motherhood as a Sacred Role (True Woman)
  • Your One-Year-Old: The Fun-Loving, Fussy 12-To 24-Month-Old
  • Sparkling Gems from the Greek: 365 Greek Word Studies for Every Day of the Year to Sharpen Your Understanding of God's Word
  • Family Driven Faith: Doing What It Takes to Raise Sons and Daughters Who Walk with God
  • Standing on the Promises: A Handbook of Biblical Childrearing
  • Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends: How to Fight the Good Fight at Home
Prayers and Promises for Supernatural Childbirth Supernatural Childbirth Experiencing The EMBARAZO Y PARTO SOBRENATURAL (Supernatural Childbirth) Contemporary Readings in Family & Human Development Daily Guide to a Better Marriage