Start by marking “Acorna's Search (Acorna, #5)” as Want to Read:
Acorna's Search (Acorna, #5)

Acorna's Search (Acorna #5)

3.74  ·  Rating Details ·  3,122 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Acorna's people, the Linyaari, are once more without a home. Though they survived the brutal attack from the cold-blooded Khleevi, the battle left their planet, narhii-Vhiliinyar, horribly scarred. Banding together, the Linyaari decide to rebuild both narhii-Vhiliinyar and their original homeworld, Vhiliinyar. But just as work begins to get under way Linyaari begin mysteri ...more
Paperback
Published May 1st 2003 by Corgi (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Acorna's Search, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Acorna's Search

Jerry
Dec 15, 2014 Jerry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An improvement over the previous volumes in the series.
cookiemonger
Sep 16, 2014 cookiemonger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This was actually pretty good. Acorna's Search is the first book after the defeat of the major threat, the Khleevi, and overall, I think this was a good place to go with the story. The writing style improved a lot here, and there was much less Twee and Self-righteousness.

In a way that reminded me of post-war healing, the Linyaari return to their original homeworld with the intention of surveying the land in preparation to terraforming it anew. But soon after they arrive, people start to go missi
Rebecca
I had actually raed the book that came after this one a few years ago so I knew all along that the situation with Aarri wouldnt get resolved. It was ok and like most Anne Mac books i read it really quickly....something about her writing style i can just consume her books in no time at all (only other author i feel the same way about is an aussie author - Traci Harding).

Anyways it was kind of interesting to learn about Acornas peoples past a bit more, and i just love the android Mac, but other th
Amy
Jul 31, 2011 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just finished this book. I could not put it down, except for a very few times just to rest my eyes. The Linyarri fate is plunged into a crazy realm of time travel, wonder, and distress as all that is known is wrenched away from all the Linyarri characters we know and love. I cannot believe the state in which Acorna was left. I cannot wait to start the next book where there will hopefully be a complete and happily instated resolution.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I fell down the rabbit hole. What the hell just happened? Now we find out about Kubiilikaan? As a side note, where the hell does she come up with some of these names? Once again the rug is ripped out from under me. Alien scientist? Really? WTH. I do like this Host city though. I want to see it. The descriptions are so clear I wonder how Ms. McCaffrey comes up with all these devices and cool technology.
Elizabeth Hirata
This book is worth reading for the sheer hilarity of it all. It's extremely fast-paced in the beginning, so you won't get bored until the last fourth when they're wrapping up loose ends. Other than that, the characters are pretty flat, things are said rather than shown, and techno babble is everywhere. However, the reasons we don't have unicorns anymore today is because the aliens stole them. Of course.
April
I had hoped that the different second author would make a difference because I liked other books this pair had written. Really though, these books didn't get better (or worse, really). The characters are caricatures. The real problem (I realized as I lay in bed wondering why these were irritating me) is that the "adult" characters are extremely childish and the children are way more adult that they are. It bothers me.
Deirdre
Jan 06, 2008 Deirdre rated it liked it
A book that you'd get lost in unless you've read the rest of the series.

When people start disappearing as they explore their destroyed world to prepare for terraforming, people start disappearing and when they start looking they discover an underground city.

Readable but not impressive. It wasn't a book that would urge me to continue reading the series.
Mollie *scoutrmom*
May 24, 2010 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nobody
Shelves: read-in-2010, fantasy
I was fairly disappointed with this story. There was a fascinating plot, poorly executed, and one had to have read the earlier books in order to understand the characters and their motives. Perhaps I should have quit with the previous one, but I've got the next two checked out so I'll just plow on. There was a cliffhanger ending and I want to find out what has become of Acorna's lifemate.
Theresa
Jul 23, 2011 Theresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
Acorna's Search (Acorna #5)
McCaffrey, Anne
how acorna searches through the universe for someone of her own kind,trying to find out where she comes from acorna learns to learn that she is not unique in the world
Hannah
Jan 14, 2009 Hannah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book was really good and when i finished it, i was really surprized at what happened because she found the lost city of freedom and there she found a whole bunch of people and when she basically saved them except for a few that had died brfore she had got there
Jackie Krasuski
Aug 06, 2011 Jackie Krasuski rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The heroic story of Acorna touched my heart. Her saga is a fantastic sci-fi journey in another galaxy, but the writing of the places and times makes them seem so real and even comfortable. Fantastic read for any sci-fi fan.
Celina and Don
May 10, 2011 Celina and Don rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome
Lorrie Gipson
left you hanging
Sharon
I was somewhat disappointed when McCaffrey came out with several books in this series. This first installment contained some interesting elements, but the whole thing became extremely drawn out.
Madeline
Aug 12, 2007 Madeline rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: women fantasy/sci-fi lovers
Much better than the previous, took a step down on the over explained past of the characters. I actually was intrigued by the plot this time instead of just trudging through it.
Jeremy
Jan 16, 2009 Jeremy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Finished. I only got to page 37, and I put it in the "take back to library" pile. I'm pretty much done with this series; most of that seems to be because of the author. I'm just done with her.
Tristan
Read prior to 2010
Kerri
Dec 22, 2008 Kerri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I honestly don't remember much about this book, but I'm sure I liked it at the time. Fun light reading for even the non-science fiction fans.
Erica
Erica rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2010
Misti
Misti rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2014
Salix
Salix rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2015
Marcia Berbeza
Marcia Berbeza rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2011
Burmesecat
Burmesecat rated it it was ok
Jun 18, 2012
Carol
Carol rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2015
Steph
Steph rated it it was ok
Aug 28, 2012
Becki
Becki rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2012
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2009
Christina Dominguez
Christina Dominguez rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2015
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2014
  • The Ship Avenged
  • The Ship Errant (Brainship, #6)
  • Anne McCaffrey's Unicorn Girl: The Illustrated Adventures
  • The People of Pern
  • Dragonholder: The Life and Dreams (So Far) of Anne McCaffrey
  • Command Performance
  • Blue Beetle, Vol. 5: Boundaries
  • Blue Beetle, Vol. 4: End Game
  • Blade Dancer
  • Silence in Solitude (Roads of Heaven, #2)
  • Children of Scarabaeus (Scarabaeus, #2)
  • Animal Crackers: A Gene Luen Yang Collection
  • Blue Beetle, Vol. 2: Road Trip
  • The Infinite Sea (Chaos Chronicles, #3)
  • Chaos Mode (Mode, #3)
  • The Dragon of Despair (Firekeeper Saga, #3)
  • A Wizard in Midgard (Rogue Wizard, #7)
  • Anne McCaffrey's Dragonflight #2
Anne McCaffrey was born on April 1st, 1926, in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Anne was educated at Stuart Hall in Staunton Virginia, Montclair High Scho
More about Anne McCaffrey...

Acorna (10 books)
  • Acorna: The Unicorn Girl (Acorna #1)
  • Acorna's Quest (Acorna #2)
  • Acorna's People (Acorna #3)
  • Acorna's World (Acorna #4)
  • Acorna's Rebels (Acorna #6)
  • Acorna's Triumph (Acorna #7)
  • First Warning: Acorna's Children (Acorna, #8)
  • Second Wave: Acorna's Children (Acorna, #9)
  • Third Watch: Acorna's Children (Acorna, #10)