Bewitched

Bewitched

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  494 ratings  ·  25 reviews

Two steamy classics from New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Lori Foster
In Too Deep
P.I. Harry Lonnigan wasn't fooled by her disguise. The waif dressed as a boy, who was about to blow his cover and maybe get herself killed, was every inch a woman. His first priority should have been reuniting Charlie with her estranged father--but her first priority was to sed...more
Published November 1st 2010 by Harlequin Books (first published October 13th 2010)

Willow Brook
I'm very fond of Lori Foster but I found the two stories in Bewitched disappointing. It was hard to believe these were written only 10 years ago. Both plots were so nonsensical, making me repeatedly wonder things like "why aren't the cops being called?" "why won't he get a paternity test?" "do people really get all worked up about the "leading families" in big cities any more?" "how will a temporary marriage help fix things?" "doesn't anyone have a cell phone?" "why was it so hard to track down...more
Carrie
IN TOO DEEP - I really liked this story. Harry is very funny with his big words and fancy attitude. Charlie is his complete opposite and that makes them such a fun couple. Harry and Charlie have a complicated relationship, but Ms. Foster is able to write it in such a way that the reader believes everything will work out from the very beginning. Even though there are misunderstandings and half-truths being told left and right.

MARRIED TO THE BOSS - I had to do a little investigating after reading...more
Ada
I thought it was pretty good overall. 3.5 outta 5

In Too Deep - 4/5

Absolutely adored the male lead, Harry. I can picture him if he was in Regency England as some stuffy Lord of the realm and Charlie as some street urchin. Just love a man who knows his way around words, it made his character such a perfect foil for Charlie. Great book, could have used a slightly better ending but very satisfying read.

Married To the Boss - 3/5

Wasn't as enamored by this story and didn't even realize Lori Foster had...more
A.Lux
(3.5) Dont be fooled by the cover...though it is nice to look at. To be brutally honest, I only picked up this book b/c of ‘Married to the Boss,’ I had no intention of ever reading ‘In Too Deep,’ but found myself turning to its pages anyway…
And was not satisfied at all with the book I had intended to only read in the first place, until I found out after a little research that Bewitched was a reprint of Foster’s books. For those of you didn’t like the second book Married to the Boss, it’s actuall...more
Tamara
I loved IN TOO DEEP, it was a great story with Lori's typical kick-ass heroine and the hero who doesn't think he's a hero. The supporting characters, Jillian and Dalton were interesting and it had a good sub-plot of suspense to add some drama.

MARRIED TO THE BOSS was O.K. Dana got on my nerves, because she was so insecure, and RJ was a little to dense in recognizing his own emotions. Also, a sub-plot got left totally unresolved and I HATE that! I have searched for a sequel that finishes that plot...more
Patricia Solla
The first story In Too Deep has lots of action and an interesting storyline. The second story Married to the Boss has an interesting twist to the marriage of convenience proposal. The problem with this second story is that I realized that it was part of an old series from Harlequin and there's more to it than this tale. But finding the rest of the stories is not that easy and leaves me disappointed as to finding out what comes next. Not even sure that the series is all by the same author (threre...more
Elizabeth Breese
Both were cute stories, but I didn't love either of them.
Lori
It's hard to believe that a mere 14 years ago we read and write about heroines who were so prim and proper and unfair of their sexuality. Married to the Boss was definitely a struggle and the whimpering virgin was uncomfortably hard to like m
Keri
These are short stories and in general I'm not crazy about short stories... just seems you can't really develop good believable characters and situations in that short of time and that was true here. Overall the stories were ok just sort of hokey and rushed at times. I liked Married to the Boss better than In Too Deep - the heroine was much more likeable.
Leslie
Two stories in one book.

In Too Deep was a little less enjoyable for me. Charlie's character got on my nerves quite a bit.

Married to the Boss was more my speed regarding characters IF you can get past the obvious: why was a paternity test not the first order of business? Otherwise, I really enjoyed this story.
Shawn
Just couldn't get into either of these stories..the characters were too annoying BUT am going to finish the second story in the book.

In Too Deep is the first story that I didn't care to finish due to characters and story being irritating and reading this just wasn't fun.
Monica
I was not impressed with In Too Deep, so I was a little slow in reading Married To The Boss. I enjoyed it much more. But I was frustrated with some parts of it, such as a simple paternity test. However, I liked it enough to want to read the other books in this series.
PepsiGirl
Once again good cover, that has nothing to do with the stories. In too deep was not worth reading. Married to the boss was better. But both of these stories I could have skipped. These are her earlier works that have bbeen repackaged and rereleased.
Lesli
In Too Deep is a little stupid and campy in a terrible way. Meh all around.
Married To The Boss is...too short to be a whole book, too long to be a short story. There's a lot of detail left out. It is also one of several connected stories.
Brianna
it was okay. i really didn't like the first main femal character. i felt like she was a little bit too pushy for the guy that she was with. the second one was a lot better, but still the main femal character got on my nerves as well.
Splage
I very much enjoy Lori Foster as an author, but I don't know why I keep picking up her short story books. Neither of the 2 stories kept my interest as it took me 3 days to finish the book.
Haylie
I really liked both of these stories but my absolute favorite was "married to the boss". it was a great story of unrequited love a secretary has for her boss until he falls for her.
Jill
If you want to read about love, romance, humor, family . . ., Lori Foster should come immediately to your mind. This book was another great one from her. Highly recommended.
Zoe
These were reprints from her early career, one obviously part of a Harlequin line about a particular business.
Krystean
1.5 stars as I didn't dislike it or think it was terrible just not into them.
Kellie G.
Loved the first story! Didn't care too much for the second one.
Sawah
Nice romance. Cute, as always with Lori Foster!
Marie
I love all of her books.
Heidi
Heidi added it
Jul 23, 2014
Two Lori Foster Classics Just Released In BEWITCHED 1 4 Nov 02, 2010 07:42AM
  • All Through The Night (Brava Girlfriends #1)
  • A Mother's Touch: The Way Home\A Stranger's Son\The Paternity Test
  • Bare Essentials: Naughty But Nice\Naturally Naughty
  • Shadows from the Past (Jackson Hole #1)
  • If the Shoe Fits
  • The McKettrick Legend (McKettricks, #5 & 9)
  • Bad Boys in Kilts (Chisholm Brothers #1)
  • Hot under Pressure (Harlequin Blaze #485)
  • The Perfect Wife
  • Afterglow (Lodestone, #2)
  • The Winter Man (Includes: Silent Night Man AND  Sutton's Way)
  • Here to Stay
  • Charmed (Harmony #0.5 included; Winston Brothers #2 included)
  • How a Lady Weds a Rogue (Falcon Club, #3)
  • Worth Dying For (The Protectors, #24)
  • My Hope Is Found (The Cadence of Grace, #3)
  • The Night She Got Lucky (Dog Walkers, #2)
  • A Big Sky Christmas (Christmas, #3)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro...more
More about Lori Foster...
When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1) Savor the Danger (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #3) Trace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #2) A Perfect Storm (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #4) Causing Havoc (SBC Fighters, #1)