Start by marking “Sleepy Hollow Sleepover (A to Z Mysteries Super Edition #4:)” as Want to Read:
Sleepy Hollow Sleepover (A to Z Mysteries Super Edition #4:)

Sleepy Hollow Sleepover (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition #4)

4.11  ·  Rating Details  ·  454 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
More adventure, more illustrations, more Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose. . . . A to Z fun keeps on coming!

Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose are spending Halloween in Sleepy Hollow, home of the legendary Headless Horseman. They are going to sleep in an old cabin, take a haunted hayride, and check out the Old Dutch Church. That's where some people say they've spotted the ghostly horseman
Published July 27th 2010 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Sleepy Hollow Sleepover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleepy Hollow Sleepover

Noah Rucks
Personal Response:
I read the book Sleepy Hollow Sleepover. I liked this book because it always kept me in to the book. I liked how this book had some picture to also explain what was happening in the book.

Plot:
They are from a town called Tarrytown which it is now Halloween. The bank is have a hay ride with a mechanical headless horsemen. They are going to sleep in an old cabin, take a haunted hayride, and check out the Old Dutch Church. Some people said they have seen the headless horseman. Some
Nielson
Apr 16, 2011 Nielson rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: easy-reader
In this super-edition, the adventures of Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose continue! Celebrating Halloween in Sleepy Hollow, NY, the threesome is in for a spooktacular time! Sleeping in the "Haunted House" cabin, going on haunted hayrides, and participating in a spooky carnival is just the beginning of their adventures! When someone burns down the hayride wagons and slashes the police mens car tires, the threesome follow the clues to solve the mystery, but it is not what they expected!
I'll be honest, I
Deepthi Herga
Nov 19, 2015 Deepthi Herga rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: snugli-books
My 7 - year old has finished the entire set of the A to Z mysteries (including all the super editions). The super editions are lengthier and more satisfying. I started reading them because I wanted to find out how good these mysteries are and after I started, I finished the entire set myself. This will be a common review for all the books in the set (so please forgive me if you see this repeated under another book).

First of all, the mystery part of the book is fairly simple for an adult, but I c
Krista
Sep 11, 2011 Krista rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a must have for a young reader's Halloween shelf. The story is good and the extra puzzle to solve finding a letter in each illustration to reveal a message at the end is great fun.
Dolly
Sep 28, 2011 Dolly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read longer chapter books
We have loved the A to Z Mysteries series and have read them all. We love that Mr. Roy has written several extra "Super Edition" stories with the same characters. Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose feel like old friends to us.

This was a fun story with a Halloween theme and provides a little background information about The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving. The story is fun and exciting (and a little dangerous, too. Our girls loved it and we read this book in two quick readings, with my younge
Marlee
Dec 19, 2014 Marlee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun and exiting book for fans of the A-Z Mysteries. A little bit spooky for younger readers, but not too much. Both my children, ages 7 and 10, really enjoyed this book. Great as a read aloud.
Mitran Kumar
Mar 31, 2015 Mitran Kumar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book. There are tiny mysteries made made by three people. there is also a letter hunt in all of the 26 pictures.
Penny
Nov 08, 2013 Penny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My daughter loves these books, this one especially because of the headless horseman. We both loved the way the town and original story were both incorporated. The story is about a mysterious sequence of events that happened one Halloween night. It took me a little llonger than it should have to figure out the criminals, but it was still fun. These books are getting a bit too predictable for my daughter because she was able to anticipate most of the end of the book, but I think she'll enjoy readi ...more
Gina
Finished 3/4/16
Caleb
Jul 03, 2015 Caleb rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was good
Cadie
My kids loved this book. They love the A to Z Mysteries.
Rebecca
Aug 17, 2015 Rebecca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun twist on the classic tale. I especially liked the hayride part.
Robert
Jan 16, 2014 Robert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-with-owen
From Owen: "I loved it"; "It's from when I started to like A-Z mysteries and I like scary non-fiction stories."
Raja99
Mar 21, 2013 Raja99 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mcpl
This is another fun little mystery by Ron Roy. It's aimed at kids so it's not too hard to figure out. There are some nice descriptions of a haunted hayride. There's also a message hidden, one letter at a time, in the pictures; even after reading the message, I still can't find some of the letters.

(Finished 2013-03-21 14:11:54.5 +/- 0.20s EDT. Approximately.)
Sean McBride
This little book reminded me of the Hardy Boys, just a little younger and without that fifties pizzazz (They drove cruisers instead of Jalopys). Lots of fun and getting my head slowly into the Halloween spirit! It seems to me that Halloween seems more about nostalgia than horror and I'm having a load of fun reading these kids books before I go to sleep!
Jami Howe
This book is about a group of kids (Dink, Josh & Ruth Rose) that are on a Halloween adventure. They begin by taking a hay ride into the woods for a Halloween party put on by the policemen. A wagon is started on fire & they mystery begins. My 3rd grade class was into the book, but I thought it was somewhat cheesy.
Brenda
Apr 10, 2013 Brenda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even though I grew up in the South, I have never been on a haunted hayride and after reading this book, I really want to, even at my age, I think I'd find it fun. This was a great twist on a famous tale, one of my favorite tales at that, and I loved it, I say this is a must read for any mystery fan.
Tasha
Oct 29, 2012 Tasha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books
These are great to read with your kids especially the Super edition ones as you have to find the hidden letters in the pictures throughout the story and solve the hidden message at the end of the story. This was a scary spooktacular read during the Halloween season, my son loves these books :)
Lisadunbar22
Feb 06, 2013 Lisadunbar22 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: evan
My favorite is when they found out where the money went. I like when they found a way to get out of the hole under the barn. I liked Josh best because I have freckles and he has freckles. If he had brownish blond hair like me then he would look exactly like me. Review By Evan
Jay
Jan 12, 2014 Jay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good book
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
when dink and his friends hear the legend of the headless horseman and people say that they saw a ghost of the headless horseman they don't really know if there's a ghost of the headless horseman coming.
Luca
Apr 09, 2016 Luca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THat was a really creepy one, especially the answser on the back 'THE HEADLESS HORSEMAN RIDES' or something like that.
Nicole
Jun 02, 2012 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
Read this one with my son for book chat. A "just right" book that he enjoyed. He loved looking for the clues!
Jafet Isaac
Jan 27, 2012 Jafet Isaac rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anna Delgado
Sep 20, 2015 Anna Delgado rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the way Ron Roy took the characters feelings and made them real
Ann Babcock
Jul 15, 2012 Ann Babcock rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is a cute book about my favorite holiday-Halloween! Great story!
Kaytee
Oct 19, 2015 Kaytee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i liked it very intense i could not even put the book down
Lil
Nov 13, 2012 Lil rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My son's favorite of this series.
Amelia
Nov 14, 2011 Amelia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was scary and cool!
  • The Case of the Snowboarding Superstar (Jigsaw Jones, #29)
  • Mrs. Jeepers' Monster Class Trip (The Adventures Of The Bailey School Kids Super Special, #5)
  • Dogs in the Dead of Night (Magic Tree House, #46)
  • Mr. Sunny Is Funny! (My Weird School Daze, #2)
  • Who Was Mark Twain?
  • The Pinstripe Ghost (Ballpark Mysteries #2)
  • Nate the Great and the Halloween Hunt
  • Help! A Vampire's Coming! (Ready, Freddy!, #6)
  • Cam Jansen and the Green School Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #28)
  • Stink: The Ultimate Thumb-Wrestling Smackdown (Stink, #6)
  • Horrible Harry at Halloween
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition (8 books)
  • Detective Camp (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #1)
  • Mayflower Treasure Hunt (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #2)
  • White House White-out (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #3)
  • The New Year Dragon Dilemma (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #5)
  • The Castle Crime (A to Z Mysteries Super Edition, #6)
  • Operation Orca (A to Z Mysteries Super Edition #7)
  • Secret Admirer: (A to Z Mysteries Super Edition #8)