Start by marking “Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)” as Want to Read:
Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)

Original Sin (Personal Demons #2)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  3,043 ratings  ·  303 reviews
Luc Cain was born and raised in Hell, but he isn't feeling as demonic as usual lately—thanks to Frannie Cavanaugh and the unique power she never realized she had. But you can't desert Hell without consequences, and suddenly Frannie and Luc find themselves targeted by the same demons who used to be Luc's allies.

Left with few options, Frannie and Luc accept the protection of
Published July 5th 2011 by Tor Teen

To ask other readers questions about Original Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Original Sin

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterSilence by Becca FitzpatrickPassion by Lauren Kate
YA Novels of 2011
75th out of 1,164 books — 6,932 voters
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareSilence by Becca FitzpatrickDead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
Can't Wait Books For 2011
118th out of 1,221 books — 6,932 voters

More lists with this book...

oooooohhhh, is this going to go back and forth between Frannie and Gabe this time?? That's what the cover makes it look like. Not that I don't absolutely love Luc, I just wanna learn more about Babe, oops, I mean Gabe ;)
Jennifer Armentrout

I had to stay up until 2am in the morning to finish reading this.The book manages to make you smile, make you want to cry, make you say WTF and make you want to drop kick several of the characters in the face (repeatedly) over the span of a few pages.

Now I need Book 3 now
First of all,
I have problems. A lot of problems with this series. If I can turn back time, I'll hit myself in the head before I can purchase this nightmare. Sure, I might get a bump on my head the size of an egg for a week but at LEAST I could have saved myself some money AND from the trauma and doubt in humanity this series caused me.

Yes, I admitted that this book was written in style that is slightly better than the first book "Personal Demon" (It's really my demon if you get what I mean) so
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

I want to preface this review by saying that I loved PERSONAL DEMONS, the first book in this series. I thought it was deeply romantic and I loved the dichotomy between angel Gabe and demon Luc and how their love for Frannie manifested itself so differently depending on their nature. I even loved how torn Frannie was between them. But ORIGINAL SIN is like a completely different animal, one that I think may need to be put down.

The first half of ORIGINAL S
Kendare Blake
Rougher. Naughtier. Less Hellhoundey.

In the beginning, it was just nice to see Frannie and Luc and Gabe again. All seemed well, sort of sweet and hopeful. The horizon was rosy. But of course it can't stay that way. Oh no. They all have to get dragged through a maelstrom of insane crazy twists, so that by the second half of the book you're all, "Wait, what?" and "Oh no. She did NOT just do that." And, "He'd better just straighten up, or I'm gonna burn this mother down."

Needless to say, Original S
While the writing was good in Original Sin, the story didn't always make a lot of sense, and especially Luc should have been able to understand many things long before he did - which was when it was actually too late.

This and all my other reviews are originally posted on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews
Review from Teens Read and Write

ORIGINAL SIN is sinfully delicious! A sexy, adventure jam-packed with tons of fun and excitement starring some of my favorite YA characters!

The demons are back in spades and using every sneaky trick in the book to isolate Frannie and Luc, exploiting human emotions and bringing about the worst. They're so good at their jobs!

Frannie returns as her spunky, strong self. Luc - still sooo super sexy. Okay, I did have an issue about him missing some glaring clues about
Wow, so much better than the first. As you can see from my ratings, I loved it. But here is a couple things that irritated me.

Frannie and Lilith:

Frannie: I hate you Lilith! *pouts*
Lilith: But Frannie, you waaant mee'z!
Frannie: No I--! Oh yes, I do want you! GAH
*Makes out with her*
Frannie: N-no, I hate you!
Lilith: No, you waaant me'z!

Now, repeat that 10 times....

Team Luc. Frannie. please get the over it, Lilith was a fucking succubus (The most powerful one at that), he had no chance. Luc,
Courtney Allison Moulton
Mind. BLOWN. Review to come.

Last September I read an ARC of Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers and fell utterly in love. The world was so fun, the story stellar, and the tone was really sexy. Recently I got the chance to meet Lisa at an author event hosted by the store I work at. So of course two weeks later an ARC of her upcoming sequel, Original Sin, turned up in my hands. No autograph for me. Bollocks.

However, missing the chance to have her sign the book aside, Original Sin lived up to Personal Demons. The mood carries
3.5 out of 5 rating

Original Sin is the second book in the series, with Personal Demons being the first one. And I'm a little conflicted with my feelings about the book. Like in the first book, I got tired of the whole love triangle. I usually like love triangles, I do. But this one took it too far. It's almost like Frannie is in a relationship with two guys and that just bothers me. You can't keep running back and forth from one guy to another, with both guys being okay with it for the most part
I didn't enjoy the first book from this series - Personal Demons - but for some reason I was still interested to see where the author took the characters so I decided to give this book a shot.

A lot of the cheese factor and "smells" are gone from this book which helped. I could never tell if I was supposed to be taking what the characters said seriously in PD or if it was "wink...wink" Maybe both I guess.

My problem is with Frannie. She loves Luc. Luc loves her. Their relationship really progresse
I Loved loved LOVED Personal Demon's, so when I saw that Lisa Desrochers will be at BEA I knew I needed to see her. And there she was signing Original Sin. I was thrilled, which is why this one is one of the first books I read from my BEA pile....

In Original Sin Frannie and Luc have to deal their new situation. Luc being mortal, Frannie is tagged for Heaven and tries to use her special gift "sway". But, we also have a new important character here: a new/old *smiles* guardian angel that is here
Considering how much I disliked Personal Demons, I was surprised to see the Original Sin is a sequel that far surpasses it's previous installment. Without a love triangle and all that comes with setting up the "forbidden" romance, the story moves a lot smoother. Frannie and Luc are together and Frannie's dead brother has been charged with being Frannie's guardian angel. Luc is being hunted down by a former associate from Hell and Matt is being tempted by Luc's next-door neighbor, Lili.

Despite t
Dec 28, 2010 ☺♡M♡☺ marked it as to-read

Who will Frannie end up with? Luc? Gabe? Or…*gasp* NEITHER OF THEM?

Will Hell takeover Frannie in this book? Or will Heaven keep her? Or even better, she turns un-tagged again?

Lisa Desrocher, I beg you, release this book earlier. Please, for the sake of my sanity.
Bigger, better and oh so much fun! Did you think Personal Demons was dark, sexy and dangerous? Add hell into the mix and you have a burning roller-coaster of emotions! One you so want to hop onto!
Mar 07, 2011 Carrie added it
Oh Gabe, how I love thee. Let me count the ways.

Nah, I can't count that high.

Such a crazy-sexy book. AWESOME.
Valy P.
Recensione qui:
Ne “Il bacio del peccato” la storia si complica molto. Questo libro si divide in due parti diametralmente contrapposte. Nella prima il clima che si respira è di felicità, ottimismo, gioia e grandi aspettative verso il futuro. Tutto è roseo e la vita dei due protagonisti non potrebbe essere migliore. Nella seconda la calma precedente però viene intaccata profondamente, non in maniera netta ma graduale e assolutamente subdola, impossibile da
Karina {A Reader Under The Sea}
More reviews at A Reader Under The Sea

NOTE:This is a second book in a series. I advice you to check out my review of the first book (click here).

Pure genius!! It's one of the most marvelous sequels in book series' that I have ever read. It brings out all the emotions. There were tears, happiness, and laughter. But overall, it will make you want the third book in a heartbeat.

I actually read this book in one sitting because I NEEDED to know what was going to happen! It was a super quick read. Th
The word epic is not enough to describe how much i loved this book!

In personal Demons we are back in Frannie still beeing in a dangerous situation but having more allies to her side now : Luc, as human, Gabe even that he is leaving (no no dont cry he will return much later) and the return of a familiar face her brother Matt.

It all begins when a new character called Lili (sounds familiar?) comes and stay to the appartment next to Luc. At the same time that Gabe left (you will get your answer late
Tawni (The Book Worms)
Lisa Desrochers is pure genius. I don't think I can muster up the words to express how much I loved and enjoyed reading Original Sin. The Personal Demons series is smokin' hot and a must read for YA lovers! Original Sin makes you feel sad, happy, angry, shocked, and excited all in one book! Lisa's writing is truly amazing and I felt every word and scene as the characters did.

I'm team Luc all the way, but when Gabe left Frannie it was sad, because she loves Gabe too. Although Frannie knows that n
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
Review originally posted at The Starry-Eyed Revue.

First things first, don't do like I did and read all the teasers the author posted on her blog and ruin the first half of the book for yourself. [To avoid temptation, I'm not linking to the author's blog. :)]

That said, once I got past all of the stuff that I'd already figured out based on the teasers, the story really did attain 'un-put-downable' status. The Personal Demons books are light, quick reads with a touch of smuttiness that makes them a
Original Sin is a story that beautifully escapes the snare second books in a series sometimes fall prey to, increasing the emotional intensity and physical action while also answering some of our lingering questions from book one before forcing us to ask new ones. While Personal Demons had a bit of a lighter feel and some rather spectacular romantic waffling on Frannie's part, this second installment shows us some significant character growth while introducing new elements that never let us forg ...more
Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)
I cannot write this review without saying WOW about five hundred times. WOW! Original Sin was just...WOW! If you thought Personal Demons was good, just wait until you get your hands on Original Sin. It's definitely for a much more mature audience. I would say for readers ages sixteen and up.

I kept reading reviews where everyone basically said how "hot and steamy" this book is. They are not WRONG! I was actually shocked at how "HOT and STEAMY" Original Sin is. I loved it! Every single thing abou
This isn't a review. I just couldn't write one.

I liked Personal Demons a lot. Especially because of Luc and Gabe. I didn't really care that much for Original Sin though. I'll try to explain my jumbled up thoughts here:

1. I couldn't connect with Frannie. At some point I started to get really annoyed with her. Frannie made stupid, reckless decisions that would hurt her friends for no reason besides that she wants it. (Like with Gabe...)

2. I liked the clever Luc that had me laughing out loud. This
I honestly don't know what to say about this book. I finished it about a week ago and I'm still at a loss for words.

I really enjoyed the first book. Frannie's inability to make a choice annoyed me there, but Luc stole the show for me. I really enjoyed his character and the growth he portrayed. And I found I still enjoyed him in Original sin. But not even he could save the train wreck that was this book.

Frannie is quite possibly the worst heroine I have ever met. She's selfish and immature and ju
Katie - The Literary Files
As many of you probably already know from my constant swooning, I fell head over heels in love with Personal Demons (and Luc) and had been dying to get my hands on the sequel since the second I finished book one. I'm so grateful to Lisa for sending me a copy so I could start my fangirling early. I knew that Original Sin was going to be absolutely amazing, but oh my goodness, this book surpassed all of my expectations.

I can't say enough how much I love Lisa's writing. She flawlessly captures a be
Personal Demons was a steamy, passionate ride and Original Sin perfected it. Frannie, Luc, and the gang are back and flourish with an unique and page-turning plot. The enemies are deliciously bad, the good guys are flawed and the dual points of view were just as good the second time around. Original Sin is everything I wanted in a sequel and more!

Frannie continues to be a capable heroine in this next installment of the novel. I liked in the first novel that she was strong and able to hold her ow
  • Eternity (Fallen Angel, #2)
  • Betrayed (The Guardian Legacy, #1)
  • Wildcat Fireflies (Fenestra, #2)
  • Lemniscate (Angel Star, #2)
  • A Touch Morbid (A Touch Trilogy, #2)
  • Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • Shift (Shade, #2)
  • Breath of Angel (The Angelaeon Circle, #1)
  • Wide Awake (Academy of the Fallen, #1)
  • Absolution (Heavenly, #3)
  • Angel Fire (Angel, #2)
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • The Mephisto Covenant: The Redemption of Ajax (The Mephisto Covenant, #1)
  • Beautiful Beings (Beautiful Beings, #1)
  • Forbidden (The Demon Trappers, #2)
  • Exile (Mercy, #2)
  • Out in Blue (Return to Sanctuary, #1)
Lisa Desrochers is the USA Today bestselling author of the A LITTLE TOO FAR series, courtesy of HarperCollins. Also in stores is her YA PERSONAL DEMONS trilogy (Macmillan). Look for her upcoming adult contemporary featuring hot Mafiosi, begining with OUTSIDE THE LINES , coming from Penguin in October 2015.

She lives in central California with her husband and two very busy daughters. There is n
More about Lisa Desrochers...

Personal Demons (3 books)
  • Personal Demons (Personal Demons, #1)
  • Last Rite (Personal Demons, #3)

“This is Hell. And Frannie and her demon put me here!
No good deed goes unpunished." - Luc Cain”