Start by marking “Turnipseed's Bookstore” as Want to Read:
Turnipseed's Bookstore

Turnipseed's Bookstore

Ophelia Redwine has been having dreams about a beautiful young lady singing a nonsensical tune… “with bells on her fingers and rings on her toes.” And she won’t go away. A forty year old, unidentified corpse and a mysterious, little old man who appears to know more than he’s letting on, connect to Ophelia’s dream in a most disturbing way. Can Ophelia fit the pieces of the ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 217 pages
Published June 2010 by Redwine Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Turnipseed's Bookstore, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Turnipseed's Bookstore

Anita Leon
Nov 04, 2010 Anita Leon rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The characters seemed real to me. The author's good humor and sense of humor came through in the writing. I want more, more!
Stacie White
Nov 04, 2010 Stacie White is currently reading it
This book was written by a brilliant southern writer! She so charismatically brings her characters to life, and you can almost smell the apples in the cake that is mentioned in the book!! A little bit of love here, sugar there with a twist of mystery and intrigue, it doesn't get any better than this folks! Jerre B. Shoemake is a very talented story teller and I cannot wait to read her future work!! I give this southern gothic novel a 5 Star Rating and highly recommend it to everyone!!!
Mary Wilburn
Shoemake crosses from life to afterlife with elegant ease. She also spins a spooky but humerous yarn.
B.  Barron
Nov 04, 2010 B. Barron rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Okay, definitely five stars.

I know these people and this place. Yes, they are fictional – but growing up in Georgia I know and knew people and places just like these. Witchy-women are everywhere, tacitly accepted and sought after for their wisdom and power – just as long as they attended church on Sundays and didn’t advertise it too much. And the stories, ghost dog packs, ghostly horses (no rider, just the horse), even a ghost possum that would lead hounds on a merry chase and cause cars to driv
Tanny Vanlandingham
I read this book in less than a week and that is saying something for it. I enjoyed it so much , I recommended it to my husband, which then read it in a day and a half!! The story line is full of suspense with twists and turns at every corner, and the comic relief is well timed and very smart!! I absolutely loved the book and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good mystery with a paranormal twist! Not a good read....a great read!!!
Tamara
Nov 14, 2010 Tamara rated it it was amazing
It was very well written. The story drew me in and kept me interested and wanting more in the end. The characters were warm and loveable. It took me about a week to read it, but if I had a cleared calander, it would have been a day read. Awesome!
Richard
Nov 11, 2010 Richard rated it it was amazing
This book grabbed me, and held me to the very end! It was written well with a great story and believable characters.
WHEN will your next book be out, and HOW SOON can I get my hands on a copy?!!

Richard H. Vanlandingham
Pettimay
Dec 04, 2010 Pettimay rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Pettimay by: co-worker
I loved this story, and can't wait for Ms Shoemake's next book.
Sarah Redding
Nov 07, 2010 Sarah Redding rated it it was amazing
This book was a wonderful read! I enjoyed it so much. It is truly written With Southern charm, and like anything from the South, the comfort of home. I can not wait to read more!
Rachel
Mar 21, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it
It was a fun read. Looking forward to more with the same characters!
Nadine Battaglia
Nadine Battaglia rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2010
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2010
Isabel
Isabel rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2012
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2010
Jerre Shoemake
Nov 05, 2010 Jerre Shoemake added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2010
Mariska Natasha
Mariska Natasha marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2010
Hashmi
Hashmi added it
Apr 15, 2011
Laura marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2011
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2012
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2013
Wendy Nichols
Wendy Nichols marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Sheri
Sheri marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Jo Dunn
Jo Dunn marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016