Start by marking “The Nitpicker's Guide for X-Philes the Nitpicker's Guide for X-Philes” as Want to Read:
The Nitpicker's Guide for X-Philes the Nitpicker's Guide for X-Philes

The Nitpicker's Guide for X-Philes the Nitpicker's Guide for X-Philes

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The truth is, the nits are out there....
"What's weird about Samantha T. Mulder's birthday?
"(She has two of them: January 22 and November21.)
"What's amazing about Mulder's cell phone?
"(It operates inside a metal boxcar, buried in a canyon, out in the deserts of New Mexico: anywhere )
Scully and Mulder, you have reason to be paranoid. Armed with keen detective sense, att...more
Published November 5th 1999 by Dell Publishing Company (first published November 10th 1997)

Be the first to ask a question about The Nitpicker's Guide for X-Philes the Nitpicker's Guide for X-Philes

Ellen
I mourn that there was never a second edition of this book, covering later episodes. My copy is falling apart, and also has notes written in the margins.
I watched the X-Files from the day the pilot aired until it's last episode. I watched all the movies. Yet I wouldn't consider myself a geek about it because I just enjoyed the stories. The author, Phil Farrand, is definitely a geek about the X-Files (and other science fiction shows). He nitpicks to a degree I find irritating.

I bought the book on ebay just for fun. I thought I'd enjoy re-living the episodes with a bit of trivia thrown in. Unfortunately, Phil Farrand is the type of guy who really...more
Kathryn
This book represents a first for me. Instead of checking this out from the library, borrowing it, or buying it as a present for someone else, this was the first book that I found (while shopping all by myself) and then decided, “I want this, so I shall buy it, and celebrate at the bookstore coffee shop by drinking coffee with cinnamon.” (Yes, this was a LONG time ago, but still...)

I was afraid this book would be kind of know-it-all and smug, but the author walks a fine line between cynical and f...more
Jason
This guy may be an even bigger X-File nerd than I am. His nitpicks are thoroughly researched, sometimes incredibly abstract, and provide a greater appreciation of the show than you may have had otherwise. My only two quibbles were that his jokes are sometimes incredibly nerdy and directed toward Star Trek fans, and his inclusion of "Musings of a Cigarette-Smoking Man" in his worst five episodes list is a bit snarky and unfair. Otherwise, great stuff. A must-have for any fan of the show.
Allyssa
as a bonafide x-phile, and fellow nitpicker, i couldnt resist grabbing this one. it's was an entertaining read. the author did add some comments, that he probably could have dont without adding, but i could see past that. this was a fun read. i only wish he'd put one out for seasons 5-9.
Lina
What a great book!!! Heaps of valuable information for every x-phile out there:)I wish there was a next volume covering seasons 5-9 and both movies.
Jeff
I'm in this and am included in the acknowledgments! I submitted the nits for "Small Potatoes".
Jessica Claycomb
Jessica Claycomb marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Jen
Jen added it
Jun 19, 2014
Joe
Joe added it
Feb 19, 2014
Tufty McTavish
Tufty McTavish marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2013
Dana
Dana added it
Sep 08, 2013
Tally
Tally marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2013
Jason
Jason added it
Aug 10, 2013
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2013
Li
Li marked it as to-read
May 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Nitpicker's Guide for Next Generation Trekkers The Nitpicker's Guide for Next Generation Trekkers, Volume II The Nitpicker's Guide for Classic Trekkers The Nitpicker's Guide for Deep Space Nine Trekkers The Son, the Wind and the Reign