Start by marking “The Nitpicker's Guide for X-Philes” as Want to Read:
The Nitpicker's Guide for X-Philes

The Nitpicker's Guide for X-Philes

The truth is, the nits are out there....
"What's weird about Samantha T. Mulder's birthday?
"(She has two of them: January 22 and November21.)
"What's amazing about Mulder's cell phone?
"(It operates inside a metal boxcar, buried in a canyon, out in the deserts of New Mexico: anywhere )
Scully and Mulder, you have reason to be paranoid. Armed with keen detective sense, att
Published November 5th 1999 by Dell Publishing Company (first published November 10th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Nitpicker's Guide for X-Philes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Nitpicker's Guide for X-Philes

Kathryn
Jun 27, 2008 Kathryn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book represents a first for me. Instead of checking this out from the library, borrowing it, or buying it as a present for someone else, this was the first book that I found (while shopping all by myself) and then decided, “I want this, so I shall buy it, and celebrate at the bookstore coffee shop by drinking coffee with cinnamon.” (Yes, this was a LONG time ago, but still...)

I was afraid this book would be kind of know-it-all and smug, but the author walks a fine line between cynical and f
Ellen
May 04, 2009 Ellen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
I mourn that there was never a second edition of this book, covering later episodes. My copy is falling apart, and also has notes written in the margins.
Nov 03, 2013 Laura rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
I watched the X-Files from the day the pilot aired until it's last episode. I watched all the movies. Yet I wouldn't consider myself a geek about it because I just enjoyed the stories. The author, Phil Farrand, is definitely a geek about the X-Files (and other science fiction shows). He nitpicks to a degree I find irritating.

I bought the book on ebay just for fun. I thought I'd enjoy re-living the episodes with a bit of trivia thrown in. Unfortunately, Phil Farrand is the type of guy who really
Jason
Oct 18, 2009 Jason rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This guy may be an even bigger X-File nerd than I am. His nitpicks are thoroughly researched, sometimes incredibly abstract, and provide a greater appreciation of the show than you may have had otherwise. My only two quibbles were that his jokes are sometimes incredibly nerdy and directed toward Star Trek fans, and his inclusion of "Musings of a Cigarette-Smoking Man" in his worst five episodes list is a bit snarky and unfair. Otherwise, great stuff. A must-have for any fan of the show.
Allyssa
Apr 11, 2012 Allyssa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
as a bonafide x-phile, and fellow nitpicker, i couldnt resist grabbing this one. it's was an entertaining read. the author did add some comments, that he probably could have dont without adding, but i could see past that. this was a fun read. i only wish he'd put one out for seasons 5-9.
Lina
May 04, 2012 Lina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book!!! Heaps of valuable information for every x-phile out there:)I wish there was a next volume covering seasons 5-9 and both movies.
Mia
Mia rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2015
Jason
Jason rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2009
Robotmatt
Robotmatt rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2011
Meg
Meg rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2009
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2007
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2012
Lauren
Lauren rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Patricia
Patricia rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2015
William Wallace
William Wallace rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2014
C.J. Arellano
C.J. Arellano rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2011
Allen Stucker
Allen Stucker rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2012
Davidl
Davidl rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2009
Jeff
Jan 24, 2016 Jeff rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm in this and am included in the acknowledgments! I submitted the nits for "Small Potatoes".
Zenon
Zenon rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
Joyce Liao
Joyce Liao rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2013
Stephanie Bequeath
Stephanie Bequeath rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2013
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2010
Fatima Pinho
Fatima Pinho rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Jennifer rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2011
Jayson
Jayson rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2012
Anthony
Anthony rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2012
M
M rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2011
Darrin
Darrin rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2013