Start by marking “Busting Loose from the Money Game: Mind-Blowing Strategies for Changing the Rules of a Game You Can't Win” as Want to Read:

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  304 Ratings  ·  57 Reviews
Real people, real transformations "Absolutely amazing It completely shifts your paradigm for life. One of the most wonderful things about it is that the results are immediate. My whole perception and relationship to money has undergone a major, substantial change."
--Chris Attwood, writer and teacher, California

"I've spent most of my life trying to figure out what's true an
Published May 20th 2010 by Wiley (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Busting Loose from the Money Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Busting Loose from the Money Game

Duygu
Oct 17, 2010 Duygu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First things first, the phrase "Don't judge a book by it's cover" was coined for precisely this book.

If you have a natural progression of reading that goes something like :

The Secret
The Power of Now
The Four Agreements
Loving What Is

Or if you have had a progression of:

Abraham-Hicks
Seth
etc

Then you MUST READ this book. It is not really about money , its not a gimmicky book, its not something you can read and every forget what you read.

You may decide to never follow the teachings, but I can bet you t
Jeanne
Feb 08, 2011 Jeanne rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I just don't buy the premise. There are somethings in this world that are beyond our control. Our strength comes from learning how to deal with that with grace.
Erica Chang
Dec 23, 2013 Erica Chang rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the weirdest books I've read this year! But I'm very pleased that I read it....or shall I say, "created this illusion and experience of reading it".

Had no idea what this book is about when it appeared on the list of books to read from my book club, reading its Chinese title (literally "You Deserve a Better Life") , I'd thought that this is just another book on motivation, affirmation, LoA...etc, but reading the original English title, I then thought maybe this book is on finance and econo
Michael
Aug 31, 2012 Michael rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
Simply an extraordinary work and achievement. It doesn't matter who you are or what you have read in the past, if you choose to read this book seriously, it will turn your world upside down. For me it represents the most radical departure in spiritual awareness that I have encountered. If you have been looking for a 'solution' to such issues, a Truth to lead you to a more expanded experience of existence as a human then this book could be the one for you. After this, you will not NEED to read an ...more
Lisa Barri
Jan 02, 2010 Lisa Barri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book blew my Mind! It shook me up in a most profound way. Although it's in the title, it is not a work about money (although it touches on it a bit), but a spiritual work regarding reality and illusions. The book doesn't just explain it's ideas, but gives helpful methods to break one's illusions. Simplifying the ideas in quantum physics, it asks one to live the Truth of who they are--for there is nothing else-nothing anywhere. I highly recommend this book!
Karla
Apr 27, 2008 Karla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Karla by: Chery
Shelves: life-enhancing
Don't bother reading unless you are ready for embracing a new paradigm shift in life. If you have already experienced sartori or some other perspective shifting creation, you are probably ready for the strategies in 'Busting Loose.' And it's really not about the money game, unless that's all you want it to be about.
Brooke
Mar 19, 2014 Brooke rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business-general
The author attempts to combine law of attraction, NLP, quantum physics, and call it something new and innovative. This was a horrible long winded advertisement for his live classes. Given all of the hype I was thoroughly disappointed.
Toni McKilligan
Apr 06, 2015 Toni McKilligan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was recommended to me by my daughter. Money seems to be a big issue in both our lives, so taking it as a sign (and following it!), I got the book and started reading. It's an easy read with lots of repetition without being condescending. The voice of the author is one of genuine passion for the message and the message has enormous potential to be truly transformative. I'm not sure I buy into his model completely, but that hardly matters. What does matter here is that a fairly simple sh ...more
Hayden
Jan 23, 2016 Hayden rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Absolutely terrible! The author spent more than half the book talking about his world view of how other people aren't anything more than a figment of your imagination and that you can change the numbers in your back account by just thinking about it. I'm a big believer in visualisation techniques, but this went way beyond giving advice. He actually said that if you think like him, you are on a higher level of thinking than anyone else, and if you didn't think the way he did, your thinking just h ...more
Christine Theberge Rafal
The basic model of this book--that our apparent experience in this world is a holographic projection from another dimension of our selves--maps fairly well onto the claims of A Course in Miracles. Your real self is an expanded, infinite being; or an extension of God if you will.

What A Course in Miracles (ACIM) might describe as this world when seen through the Ego/Wrong Mind parallels what Scheinfeld calls Phase 1.

What A Course in Miracles decribes as the happy dream or the real world (as contr
Corey
Feb 13, 2016 Corey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
Do you remember the scene in the matrix, where Morpheus is training Neo inside the matrix. Neo had to learn an entirely new set of rules in order to operate. And the rules were, there are no rules because it wasn't real. All through this book, I had this vision of being plugged into the universe, watching myself. I listened to the audiobook while I was running. In one instance, the author described how what we think is our reality, is actually a hologram that our infinite being (our extended sel ...more
Mitzi
Oct 10, 2015 Mitzi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is like The Secret on steroids. I actually can see his theory being true - that we are basically living in a hologram set up for our eternal souls to play "the human game". But I don't see myself being able to believe it quite enough to put his process into action. I guess I have programmed myself in "phase 1" just a little too well? Who knows.
Lisa Shultz
Dec 23, 2014 Lisa Shultz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: open-minded people
This is my second read of this book. I found it a "mental trip" the first time and less so the second time. I have been shifting since the first read and was pleased to find I had come a long ways in the years between reads. The ideas in the book are a big paradigm shift that I needed years to process and practice. If you are ready to have your world rocked and make some significant changes in how you view and live life, then dive in.
Janika
Kirja mnenee hitaasti aiheeseensa, mutta syy tähän selviää loppua kohden. Useita hyviä ja selkeyttäviä ajatuksia ja tuoreita näkökulmia selkeästi esitettynä. Jankaaminen häiritsee välillä, joistakin asioista olisi kaivannut lisää syventävää settiä. Mutta eiköhän tällä alkuun pääse Prosessissa.
Christine Theberge Rafal
Aug 29, 2008 Christine Theberge Rafal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finance
Like this book, _A Course in Miracles_ also says that we do not actually perceive things as they really are. I had started to wonder if we were like in the _Spy Kids_ movies, playing in a virtual reality/video game. It is rather scary to start playing with perception because disperception can get folks labelled lunatics. But isn't it scary and saddening to walk around thinking you are more limited than you really are? It feels empowering to ask of every uncomfortable situation, why has my Expand ...more
Summer Bock, Holistic Nutrition & Herbs
My word for this year (2008) is "money". I have made the commitment to myself this year to understand money and explore the truth behind my relationship with it. This book well served my purpose in uncovering deeper meanings about money. Even though it doesn't say so in the title, this book is truly about abundance.

But it is about more than money. The main exercise is a practice called, "the process" which is helpful for any uncomfortable or loaded situation in your life. I find this exercise ve
Chris Jackson
Oct 27, 2014 Chris Jackson rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Read some Feb 2013. Got over halfway thru. General BS, although some concepts appeal to my spiritual views.
Joeann Fossland
Apr 06, 2016 Joeann Fossland rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating way of taking charge of everything that causes concern, worry and angst. The author builds his case for using his technique and shares amazing results he and others have gotten. There is, it seems, a very fine line between being unconscious about money and being intentional and yet letting the universe figure it out.
I'd recommend this book for anyone who is ready to fully take responsibility for everything in their life and to let go and have more joy and fun!
Rik Schnabel
Apr 22, 2016 Rik Schnabel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book if you want to reshape your paradigm of how the money game works.
Dec 02, 2015 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting....
Sasha Menendez
Feb 11, 2008 Sasha Menendez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who are ready to see money in a new way.
Recommended to Sasha by: My sister
I gathered a new wrinkle in my view of prosperity meets spirituality. This is an interesting perspective put forth by Mr. Scheinfeld. If you really get reeled in it can put quite a mindfuck on you. It gets challenging thinking to yourself everything you experience is a hologram you created to challenge your divine self in a sort of a game to make you appear limited. I'm not sure everything gets convincingly worked out in the end. I'm still wrapping my head around this one. I do encourage others ...more
Jennie
Jul 30, 2011 Jennie rated it it was amazing
I created this book to come into my hands at exactly the right moment.
It has given me great encouragement that I am on the "right" path along with some useful tools and refreshing chuckles.
I am really appreciating the life I am creating. It is SO fun.
I am appreciating another aspect of myself ( Robert Scheinfeld)for popping into my sphere and giving me so much joy.
If you don't know wtf I am talking about then you will when you read this book.
Margot Cole
I learned that letting go of patterns that were formed throughout life is not easy. I learned that we are a part of a universal holograph, which we can change with our thinking. I learned that when it comes to metaphysics, simply repeating positive affirmations is not enough. We must FEEL our negative emotions, not simply stop thinking about them and we must BELIEVE that we are the Power and the Presence of God creating everything we experience.
Will Jeffries
Apr 21, 2011 Will Jeffries rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has revolutionized my life in terms of how I think about money and finances. If you would like to learn how to release resistance and literally "Bust loose from the money game" - I would encourage you to support the author by reading his book and discover tips and techniques to help you learn how to live your life from the OVERFLOW, in a state of Well-Being and Abundance.

For more information, please go to: http://www.robertscheinfeld.com/
Suzanne Doyle-Ingram
This is a very unique book to say the least. It's downright odd but very captivating and very thought-provoking. It is somewhat along the lines of "The Secret" in terms of changing your mindset to look at the world differently. You will really need to be open minded while reading this book.

I recommended this book to two friends and neither of them could get through it. But I think it's pretty cool. Give it a try and see what you think.
Russ
Jan 19, 2016 Russ rated it did not like it
Not for me
Marc
Aug 02, 2009 Marc rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-age
All the "busting Loose" series (Busting Loose from the Money Game:, etc) have pretty much the same message -- you can struggle and suffer, or just lie back and enjoy the ride. Control is an illusion with painful consequences. Facing and diving into the 'painful' things that occur, that push your buttons, is actually the way out. Another way of putting this is, it's about how to get into, and stay in your zone.
Scott Oney
This book has almost nothing to do with money as the title implies. Scheinfeld brings up some ideas that may be far fetched for some people. However, even if you took this book as fiction, there are many interesting points to ponder. For me, it helped me question the nature of everything including reality. Truly a fascinating read for anyone with an open mind.
Harry
Oct 20, 2009 Harry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Feels like a sequel to "Course In Miracles." But the book stands well on it's own, no prerequisites expect a willingness to explore. Gratifying to see many ideas corroborated and put into practice years before I found them. Mr Scheinfeld explains his ideas clearly and concisely. This book might save you months of spiritual, financial and emotional work.
LESTINE .
Dec 06, 2013 LESTINE . rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another mind bender. It's not what you think it is. Very evolved principles here. You have to
keep reviewing it because of the subtle concepts about reality. Best for those who have already
done some 'consciousness raising' through internal cleansing, fasting, juicing, yoga and meditation, because then the concepts will be more easily digestible.
  • Primary Greatness: The 12 Levers of Success
  • It's Not What You Sell, It's What You Stand For: Why Every Extraordinary Business is Driven by Purpose
  • The Abundance Book
  • The Awakening Course: The Secret to Solving All Problems
  • Who's Got Your Back: The Breakthrough Program to Build Deep, Trusting Relationships That Create Success--And Won't Let You Fail
  • The Zigzag Principle: The Goal Setting Strategy That Will Revolutionize Your Business and Your Life
  • Manifesting Change: It Couldn't Be Easier
  • Way of the Wolf
  • The Complete Master Cleanse: A Step-by-Step Guide to Maximizing the Benefits of The Lemonade Diet
  • Your Immortal Reality: How to Break the Cycle of Birth and Death
  • Finding the Space to Lead: A Practical Guide to Mindful Leadership
  • Mind Set!: Reset Your Thinking and See the Future
  • Smart Trust: How People, Companies, and Countries Are Prospering from High Trust in a Low Trust World
  • Shameless Exploitation in Pursuit of the Common Good: The Madcap Business Adventure by the Truly Oddest Couple
  • Never Too Late To Be Great: The Power of Thinking Long
  • Putting the One Minute Manager to Work: How to Turn the 3 Secrets into Skills
  • Innovation Nation: How America Is Losing Its Innovation Edge, Why It Matters, and What We Can Do to Get It Back
  • Public Speaking and Influencing Men in Business  (From the author of 'How to Win Friends & Influence People')

“Life is one-tenth Here and Now, nine-tenths a history lesson. For most of the time, the Here and Now is neither now nor here.” 1 likes
“Inspiration is everywhere. If you’re ready to appreciate it, an ant can be one of the wonders of the universe.1 —Author Unknown” 0 likes