Start by marking “Neverending Snake (Ella Clah, #15)” as Want to Read:
Neverending Snake (Ella Clah, #15)

Neverending Snake (Ella Clah #15)

When Never-ending-snake begins, Navajo Police Special Investigator Ella Clah is returning from Washington, DC, where she was offered a lucrative job with a private security firm. Taking the job would mean uprooting her daughter, but it might give the young teen opportunities she'd never see on the Reservation.

As Ella and her companions deplane, gunfire sends them diving fo
Published September 27th 2011 by Forge Books (first published August 24th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Neverending Snake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Neverending Snake

Leslie
Nov 02, 2010 Leslie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fans of Hillerman's Leaphorn & Chee novels as well as those who like Coel's Wind River Reservation mysteries should like the Thurlo's mysteries set in the Dinetah too....
Mundi
Picked up at the library's book sale, I bought this because of the Southwest flavor it promised, and because the protagonist was different, and likely to be a good role model: female, Navajo Nation, and a Tribal Investigative officer -- plus, plus, plus! The authors are a couple who live in the vicinity, so I figured their descriptions of local scenery and cultural life would have certain amount of "street cred".

And even though this was novel #15 in a series starring the protagonist (S.I. Ella C
Anita Laydon
As a little Mexican-American girl growing up in Pueblo, I read shelves and shelves of books. Mysteries, classics, biographies and encyclopedias—I read everything I could find. I never, however, read a book about a little Mexican-American girl. That bit of personal history stayed with me, and now I’m particularly cognizant of books that are culturally diverse. I make an effort to seek out books that include cultures different from my own.

That’s why I was excited to receive “Never-Ending-Snake” fr
Bob
Sep 17, 2010 Bob rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ella Clah is returning home from a trip to Washington where she was looking at a new job offer. Traveling with her ex husband and a war hero they are met at the small airport by a pair of gunman. Ella is slightly wounded and the other 3 more seriously wounded. In trying to find the shooters Ella and the rest of the force along with FBI agent Blalock have to contend with the investigation of the local Casino management that is under investigation as well as the battle between a local family and t ...more
Susan
Aug 16, 2012 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ella Clah, member of the Navajo Nation and special investigator for the Tribal Police, has a very personal case when two gunmen ambush her; attorney Kevin Tolino, the father of her 11-year-old daughter; and war hero and lobbyist Adam Longwolf. Ella has just returned from Washington, D.C., where she has been offered a job. So as well as investigating a complicated puzzle, she must make a decision about where she wants to raise her daughter. One of the obvious suspects is the manager of a casino t ...more
Richard Becker
Apr 08, 2016 Richard Becker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A special book. This had all the elements that I look for in a mystery.: Interesting characters, both lead and secondary. Suspenseful plot, with many twists and turns. Good detective work by the police. Nice Navajo background to set the scene. I enjoy Ella Clah and her extended family with every novel.
Paula
Feb 22, 2012 Paula rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
I have read most of this authors' books. I enjoy the police and tribal interaction as a crime is committed and many different characters interact to find the truth and solve the crime. This is part of s series- I enjoy following a group of characters "grow up"- kind of like a family.

This one rockets off with a shooting at the airport of well known Navajo tribal members. As the tribal police attempt to sort out the crime, more and more leads branch off. It is like a never ending snake. Who was th
DElizabeth DeWolfe
Moved along well

Good story with enough of a complex story line to keep you wondering until the last chapter. Better Navajo cultural talk that several others of the same series. Others often repeat themselves several times in one book. Good read
Thea
Dec 26, 2015 Thea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book but Ella's life is moving very slowly. I wish things happened faster.
Michael  Starsheen
Another great entry in this series

I gave this book five stars because it was suspenseful, full of rich characters, and fast paced. I recommend this book for anyone who enjoys a good read.
Jewett
Mar 30, 2015 Jewett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
One of the best in the series. Ella faces many enemies old and new.
Fredrick Danysh
Navajo investigator Ella Clah is returning to the reservation after a trip to Washington, DC. On the flight with her is the father of her daughter as well as a war hero. When they land they run into an ambush where both men are seriously wounded. The question arise as to target and motive. Corruption rears it ugly head and Clah must solve the case and try to clear the names of her fellow passengers. I was still a little puzzed at the end.
Meredith
Sep 16, 2012 Meredith rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
As I predicted in the last Ella Clah book, I think the Thurlos should retire this series. It's lost its edge and excitement. Their writing has become dull and the character interactions are no longer present and viable. Justine and Rose, while, present, don't get any characterization at all, anymore. Even Ella acts and does the same things over and over - within the same book!
Douglas
Nov 01, 2011 Douglas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great detective story! I enjoy how the various characters have progressed and grown. Their lives are woven together as a beautiful Navajo rug and back story is as enthralling as the current cases that are being solved. Yet it is a wonderful case/mystery to be solved by good solid police work without any supernatural insights or over-the-top technology.
Deann Doolittle
My cousin introduced me to these books and I've always liked them. Got a little behind but I'm catching up again. This was a good read and had a good mystery. Some of the middle was a little long and redundant but I liked the story none the less. The characters are so well written that I feel like I know them personally.
K
May 07, 2014 K rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Begins with a bang and keeps up a pretty good pace throughout. Some typical story lines appear as usual with Ella Clah (should she leave the res, take a safer, better paying job, decide between suitors, etc. ), but on the whole, it's a good story and a fun read.
Lila
Apr 14, 2011 Lila rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
This series is compared to Tony Hillerman's mysteries. I didn't think it was as good and probably won't read more. The Navajo Nation background is interesting and makes me think I would like to visit the area some day.
Curt Hopkins Hopkins
The resolution of the mystery was a bit of an anti-climax and confusing. But the characters and the pacing was good as well as the setting, in the Navajo Nation.
Dec 27, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
One of the Thurlo's better Ella Clah mysteries in some time, a tightly twisted plot and a good mix a detective work and excitement.
Michele bookloverforever
If you enjoy stories about Navajo reservation and mysteries, you will enjoy this. unless of course you do not like women solving mysteries.
Mariana
Apr 09, 2012 Mariana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read. Ella has two men in her life but doesn't seem to realize that a third guy really loves her.
Pat
As usual, the final pages reveal the true culprit. Keeping up with Ella's adventures is always a pleasure.
John Hanscom
Oct 10, 2011 John Hanscom rated it liked it
Not as good as the rest of the eries. I had figured out the mystery early on.
Mircats
Feb 01, 2013 Mircats rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The authors write well, but the plot isn't great.
Jeanne
Oct 10, 2010 Jeanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much Native Navajo culture in it. Story line is great.
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2016
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Linda K. Melzer
Linda K. Melzer is currently reading it
Sep 19, 2016
Joan Robes
Joan Robes rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Stone Butterfly (Charlie Moon, #11)
  • The Spider's Web (Wind River Reservation, #15)
  • Blood Retribution (Lee Nez, #2)
  • The Cruel Ever After (Jane Lawless, #18)
  • Blue Rodeo
  • Bones of Contention (A Dinah Pelerin Mystery, #1)
4712006
Aimee and David Thurlo are the authors of the Ella Clah mysteries, the Sister Agatha mysteries, the Lee Nez vampire novels all set in New Mexico. David grew up on the Navajo Indian Nation, and Aimee, a native of Cuba, lived in the southwest for forty years.

Aimée passed away peacefully at her home on the morning of February 28, 2014, after a brief struggle with cancer and related complications. She
More about Aimée Thurlo...

Ella Clah (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Blackening Song (Ella Clah, #1)
  • Death Walker (Ella Clah, #2)
  • Bad Medicine (Ella Clah, #3)
  • Enemy Way (Ella Clah, #4)
  • Shooting Chant (Ella Clah, #5)
  • Red Mesa (Ella Clah, #6)
  • Changing Woman (Ella Clah, #7)
  • Tracking Bear (Ella Clah, #8)
  • Wind Spirit (Ella Clah, #9)
  • White Thunder (Ella Clah, #10)