Start by marking “A Special Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Special Christmas

A Special Christmas (Yule Be Mine)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  12 reviews
A romantic hideaway on a snow-covered mountain – what better place to meet the man who could heal a broken heart?

Question: What’s Brett Masters to do when his best laid plans for a special Christmas alone with his lover in a mountain cabin resort get axed because the lover up and leaves? Brett’s first instinct is to just suck it up, go home early and spend the Yuletide wit
Published December 13th 2010 by Total-E-Bound

To ask other readers questions about A Special Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Special Christmas

Serena Yates
What happens to plans for a romantic get-away when one of the partners ends the relationship to be with another man? Brett faces that situation and, after five years with his now ex, has enormous difficulties dealing with the infidelity that leaves him stranded - in more ways than one.

Considering several other options, none of which really appeal, he ends up at the cabin anyway. I was about to despair on his behalf when all his ‘prospects’ turn out to be unavailable. When he finally meets Devyn,
Ami
This year, Brett Masters has planned to have a romantic getaway with his lover of five years. His plan fell through after his lover left him for another man. At first, Brett thinks of going home early but since his ticket cannot be changed, Brett decides to use the cabin he's paid for. His Christmas, however, seems to change to the better, when he meets the owner's gay brother, Devyn.

While it's a nice story, my biggest issue is probably the fact that the love interest doesn't appear until, like
Deeze
2.5

I liked the start of this one, but then I kind of lost interest.

Due to the length there just wasn't enough time for me to feel I got to know anyone. The most interesting character was the jerk of an Ex, I was left very curious about him and not so curious about Brett.

Brett and Devyn were typical M/M characters that fall into bed for sex then decide that the other is the one worth trying again for in the relationship department.

Overall nothing to really recommend this one for me.
Alina
Nice and comforting story! Brett and Devyn fit really good together.
I'd like to read more about these guys! :)
Lucy
Probably 3.5. Brett made plans for a very special Christmas vacation with his partner of five years, Jamie. Jamie is a cheating, emotionless asshat. He allows Brett to make the plans and get excited about the romance of it all, until JUST before Christmas he drops the bomb that not only is he not going, but he is leaving Brett for Hank, who he has been screwing for eons. I wanted to smack Jamie when he oh so calmly tells Brett that he discussed this vacation with Hank, and.... Brett is devastate ...more
Kirsten
A little fast and shallow for me. I prefer to get to know the characters more.
Simone
Raevyn
Brett gets dumped by his boyfriend of 5 years just before their planned romantic holiday getaway. He decides to go ahead and go to the cabin they rented and meets Devyn. They find they have some things in common and start a little romance of their own. I would love to see more of these characters.
Nikko
This really, really, really reminds me of my last relationship.. (The cheating part that is) And when he describes how he was left that really makes me recall back the hurt my ex did when she left me... But its a really nice read but I would love to have an epilogue on this..
dx
Feb 01, 2012 dx rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: have
2.5
Sammyd
Sammyd marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Kerry Taylor
Kerry Taylor marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Paul Wright
Paul Wright marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Shylo
Shylo added it
Aug 27, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Zam
Zam marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
J.P. Bowie was born and raised in Aberdeen, Scotland. He wrote his first (unpublished) novel – a science fiction tale of brawny men and brawnier women that made him a little suspect in the eyes of his family for a while.

Leaving home at age eighteen for the bright lights of London, he found himself in the midst of a “diverse and creative crowd” that eventually led him to the performing arts. For th
More about J.P. Bowie...

Yule Be Mine (4 books)
  • Almost Home
  • Chasing Alex
  • Gypsy Nights
My Vampire and I (My Vampire and I, #1) Ride 'Em Cowboy (Ride 'Em, #1) My Vampire Lover (My Vampire and I, #2) A Deadly Game (A Nick Fallon Investigation, #1) Duet in Blood (My Vampire and I, #3)