Blood Law (Blood Moon Rising Trilogy, #1)

Blood Law (Blood Moon Rising Trilogy #1)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  1,914 ratings  ·  210 reviews
For all eternity, only one thing shall separate them—until the Blood Law is avenged…

The coming of the Blood Moon will lead two Lycan packs into war, spur two rival brothers into conflict, and spark an act of vengeance so evil that its effects will be felt for generations.

One woman stands at the center of it all.

As undisputed Alpha, Rafael must choose a life mate to preserv...more
Published May 3rd 2011 by Berkley Trade

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireBared to You by Sylvia DayAvoiding Commitment by K.A. LindeDown to You by M. LeightonEasy by Tammara Webber
Hot Covers
55th out of 783 books — 1,136 voters
Divergent by Veronica RothSilence by Becca FitzpatrickThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsBloodlines by Richelle MeadForever by Maggie Stiefvater
My 2011 Summer Reading List
89th out of 409 books — 504 voters

More lists with this book...

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
May 21, 2011 Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance fans, werewolf fans
Recommended to Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) by: Review Request by author
5 + STARS!

SEE MY FANTASY CAST FOR BLOOD LAW HERE: Under the Covers review/fantasy cast

MY THOUGHTS:

WARNING! This review will contain squealing, fan-girl obsessions and perhaps a happy dance!

Blood Law is one of the best books I’ve read this year! I’m not quite sure what I was expecting when I picked up this book. Having never read anything by Karin Tabke before, I did not have any real expectations. But once I opened this book, I was completely blown away by the attention to detail, the complex...more
Wanderlust
Cover & Title - 4 out of 5 (Hot)
Favorite Character - Falon

Here is my visual of Rafa & Falon

Are you drooling? ;) Wait till you read the book :)

(teeheehee) ;)

The story was an interesting mix of sex, action, shifters & slayers. I am a complete wolf fan girl - no reanimated corpses in my knickers *shakes head* nuh-uh, so this book really worked for me. The fact it had two hot sexy alphas in it made my night! I couldn't decide which one a fancied more, what a book character slut i have...more
Darkfallen
This book definitely takes you on a ride....on a LOT of things actually;)

Falon is a girl on the run. She grew up bouncing from one foster home to the next, until one day she fled. She has been on the run, barely surviving, having to steal her meals ever since. She knows that she is different. Weird things seem to happen when she is around. And then there is the rage....

Everything goes from strange and lonely, to stranger and horrid when Falon walks to Mr. D's deli to steal her dinner. She can fe...more
Dark Faerie Tales
Quick & Dirty: An explosive new series with a captivating mythology, intriguing characters, and pulse-pounding action.

Opening Sentence: In medieval Europe, wolves were feared and looked upon as the scourge of the earth.

Excerpt: Here

The Review:

Ms. Tabke introduces her heroine, Falon, who is a dynamic and gutsy character. Falon has an uncertain past and a complicated future. She’s an orphan and knows very little about her birth parents. Every day is a struggle for Falon to survive. She can’t m...more
This is my first read by Karin Tabke, but it will most certainly NOT be the last, in fact I am dying to get my hands on the next book in this series.

I've never really been a fan of shape-shifting novels. I've never really gotten into them because, even though I enjoy paranormal, shape shifters just really seemed "too out there" for me. After seeing some amazing reviews for this book I decided to give it a try and I'm so glad I did.

For me, paranormal novels have to have some exceptional world bu...more
Hbeebti
This was pretty good for a first in the trilogy. I enjoy the wolf pack and how they interacted. There was some serious sexing going on and plenty of action. I was nervous though when Rafe's brother goes from wanting to kill Falon to wanting to have sex with her. It was almost like yeah he wants revenge and all but he has his own obsession with her as well. I loved Rafael, talk about Alpha male. Geez. And Falon turned out to be a lot tougher than I had originally thought. But Lucien ? Well I'm no...more
Rhonda
Real quick.....
I really liked this book!! And I love Tabke's story telling. It is Gritty, bloody, plot filled, and OH SO HOT!!!! Worthy hero, and a kick ass heroine!
VampFanGirl
3.5 STAR Review:

The Plot:

Nothing is more vengeful than an eye for an eye. For the Lycans, this saying translates to Blood Law.

Fourteen years ago, Lycan Alpha Rafael Vulkasin slayed the Chosen One of his twin brother, Lucien. Rafael maintained that Lucien's chosen mate revealed to him that she was a Slayer, an ancient exterminator of Lycan kind, and that he was charged by their laws to kill her irregardless of the fact that she and Lucien were intertwined in the most intimate of moments. To prote...more
Vanessa theJeepDiva
This is the first book I have ever read by this author. I enjoyed her writing. I will certainly read more of her books. The book was fast paced; she created a world and its history in a few short pages so that she did not take pages away from the storyline and plot. I probably will not continue reading this series until the third and final book is published, which the author’s web page claims to be June of 2012. This book ends in a monumental sized cliffhanger. Had I known this going into the b...more
Marie
Not as good as the second surprisingly because Lucian was my guy and he was in the second a lot more hehe!

Loving this series though, I mean hot werewolf guys? Mmmm yes please!

Definitley worth a read, it will get you all hormonal and hot. Because Lucian and yes Raf too are very very dream worthy.
Heather C
I made it to 17% but couldn't continue after heroine was nearly unconscious from injuries and didnt even know who was fucking her. The hero marked her, mated her, and took her virginity and didn't even know her name. Easy dnf for me. I wasn't much into the story anyway.
Cynthia (aka Artemis)
Jun 14, 2011 Cynthia (aka Artemis) rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Erotic paranormal romance that enjoy a wonderful Lycan story

Reviewed at Bitten By Paranormal Romance

It doesn’t matter what romance genre (or name) Ms. Tabke chooses to write: Erotic (Hot Cop Series), historical (Blood Sword Legacy Series), or paranormal (L.O.S.T Series). You can be assured of an intense story with expertly crafted characters that will have you captivated.

Falon always knew she was “different” from everyone else; something inside her just wasn’t right. After running away from a foster home at a young age, she barely survives on her own. He...more
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This book started off really good for me. It had a feel from the beginning as the world building in the Underworld movies, which I liked, so it had me intrigued. But my excitement soon fizzled out.

The main idea of the story is that there's two brothers who were to lead the Lycans. Rafael and Lucien. Rafael was supposed to be the leader but he left their people in the hands of Lucien and disappeared for many years. When he returns, he finds Lucien has taken a woman and intends to claim her as hi...more
M.A. Stacie
More 1.5 stars, but I was feeling generous.

I'm so disappointed. I wanted to like this -- I wanted to LOVE this. The sad truth is, I just didn't care.

I connected with none of the characters, their reactions seeming rather unbelievable, even for a paranormal novel!

By page60 or so I was debating giving up completely, but the fact that so many people had rated it so highly had me stumbling through it.

There is too much information at the start, allowing you to plot exactly where this is heading. I...more
Kaleigha
Very good book, set in an interesting world. I wasn't expecting the whole biker/shifter thing, but it worked. Intense and sexy, for sure. What surprised me was the cliffhanger ending, and the hints for where the second and third books are heading have me intrigued. Definitely not one you can read and not anticipate the second one. I am looking forward to see where this one ends up.
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
I have nothing nice to say...so like my mother says, I won't say anything at all.
Bookaholics
Blood Law by Karin Tabke
Paranormal Romance –May 3rd, 2011
4 ½ stars

Blood Law is a phenomenal new book in am exhilarating series about Lycans (werewolves).

Falon is an orphan down on her luck. Hiding and unaware of her heritage, she is startled when a strange man hunts her down. But she soon finds herself saved by a blond God welding a sword! His name is Rafael.

Rafael is an alpha Lycan. He leads a pack that is desperately trying to stay alive. He is puzzled why he would rescue a human female no ma...more
Crazy4more
5 stars and OMG...

"The girl can never completely belong to you or Lucien. Only when you each discover and accept your true mate and the sacrifices you must make to possess her,will there be peace. Only then will the packs thrive. Only then, Rafael, can the Slayers be defeated."

...WTF...

What an exciting, awesome, sexy, interesting and intriguing read...nuff said...for now.
Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!*
I loved this book. Falon was a strong fearless female just the way i like for lead chicas to be!! Her and Rafe's chemistry burned off the pages.... It was a page turner that you can read over and over, the ending was one of the best i read this year. I cannot wait for Tabke's next book in the Blood Moon series Blood Right is surely to be good!! Tabke spoilers pleeeaaase!!
Fathima
Absolutely loved it !!! Not a new take on werewolves , but the story really keeps the reader on the edge of their seat . Reading this book was like watching a movie in your head . It has hell lot of action , hot and sizzling romance and little tid bits of laughter . Definitely recommended .
Jennifer Lyon
The ending...OMG now I HAVE to read the next book!
Mahalia Levey
Pat (ireadthatbook.com)
Wow! Maybe a 4.25 to 4.50

The synopsis gives hint of a complex love triangle - but only a hint of the thrilling intrigue in this opening gambit for a trilogy.

Falon has been dfferent all her life and that difference has kept her on the run and off the radar since she was 14. One evening trading on her gift of reading auras to garner a meal from the corner shopkeeper she is immediately aware a horror has occured. As a fight ensues and a sexy stranger comes to her aid Falon Corbet is in uncharted t...more
Amanda P
Summary:
There is a blood feud between the wolves and the Slayer’s going back a thousand years. The Slayers brought the wolves near extinction from their hatred, close to 300 years ago the gods took pity on the wolves and decided that if they had any chance of surviving they would have to adapt and take human form.
14 years ago:
After a brutal slaying of their parents Rafael and Lucien are the Alpha’s of their powerful North American Pack. Rafael came home from a spiritual quest to find his brother...more
Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews:::
"By all that is holy, Falon, how can I not want to make love to you when your body calls to mine? How can I not think of making love to you when I see your love for me shine in your eyes? Tell me, how am I not to think of the most sacred act between a man and a woman when I am with you?" Hot tears burned her eyes. He kissed them away.
My love, the day I stop thinking of having sex with you is the day you bury me."

Rafael and Lucien...twin brothers. One of light the other dark. Both...because of th...more
Paperback Dolls
Originally posted at PaperbackDolls.com

Blood Law is the debut in author Karin Tabke’s sultry new trilogy, Blood Moon Rising , mixing old and new Lycan mythology to create a fresh take on an old favorite. For those of you who don’t know, Ms. Tabke is the alter ego of Karin Harlow who I just so happen to absolutely adore! Karin makes some of the best Alpha heroes out there and she doesn’t disappoint as she brings us not one, but two.

Now there is a ton of back story to this series that you’ll only...more
PoisonCupcakes
This book is so full of hot Big Bad Wolves, I suddenly have a desire to become Little Red Riding Hood (next year's Halloween costume decided! I don't care if I'm too old for it...)

Action. Lycans. A steaming hot love triangle. What more could a girl ask for? (Chocolate. Wait! I already have that...)

I have to say, the main reason I bought this book was because it looked vaguely interesting and the romance novels were all 40% off (RIP Borders...you should've jumped on the eBook wagon sooner...)
So i...more
Sammy
Emily
Falon knows little about her past, but what she does know she is is unusual and has the ability to do things other humans are not able to do. Rafael is estranged from his twin Lucien, after killing his brothers mate who he knew had used black magic covering that she was a slayer. Slayer's are the Lycan's number one enemy, and even though they used to protect their pack as co-alpha's Rafael knows the only way to mend the fence with his brother is to mate and sacrifice his mate by letting Lucien k...more
ALPHAreader
Falon Corbet’s life is irrevocably changed when she stumbles across a murder-in-progress. Ever since she was a little girl, Falon has had feelings and premonitions that inevitably come true . . . so she can’t come up with a reasonable explanation for why she walked into that supermarket, knowing bad things would befall her entrance.

And as always, Falon was right. She was accosted by a bulldozer of a man, who was ranting and raving about Slayers and Lycans and claiming that Falon is ‘one of them’...more
Cocktail Society ...: February Read & Host 10 16 Feb 05, 2013 02:22PM
  • Claimed by the Wolf (Shadow Guardians, #1)
  • Primal Law (Alpha Pack #1)
  • Nightfall (Dark Age Dawning, #1)
  • Crimson Moon (Crimson Trilogy, #1)
  • Velvet Haven (Annwyn Chronicles, #1)
  • His Darkest Hunger (Jaguar Warriors, #1)
  • Marked (The Wolf's Den, #1)
  • Chosen By Blood (Para-Ops, #1)
  • Kiss of Moonlight (Lucani Lovers, #1)
  • Dark Embers (Dragon's Heat, #1)
  • Beowulf and Roxie (Wulf's Den, #1)
  • Bitten in the Bayou ( Stormy Weather, #2)
  • Bonded by Blood (Sweetblood, #1)
  • Death's Sweet Embrace (Dark Brethren #2)
  • Pack Alpha (Were Chronicles, #1)
  • Alexandra's Legacy (Legacy, #1)
  • Burning Skies (Guardians of Ascension, #2)
  • Dire Needs (Eternal Wolf Clan, #1)
For a long time, controlled chaos ruled Karin’s life. Busy mother of four, owner of her own successful business and wife to a street cop, she harbored thoughts of twisting plots and hot romantic scenes. Now, with only one child left at home and hubby retired from law enforcement, Karin happily pounds out those steamy scenes at her keyboard.

Still semi-distracted by her adult children (Yay! no more...more
More about Karin Tabke...
Bloodright (Blood Moon Rising Trilogy,   #2) Blood Vow (Blood Moon Rising Trilogy, #3) Master of Surrender (Blood Sword Legacy, #1) Good Girl Gone Bad (Hot Cops, #1) Master of Torment (Blood Sword Legacy, #2)