Start by marking “The Rules According to Jwoww” as Want to Read:
The Rules According to Jwoww

The Rules According to Jwoww

3.37  ·  Rating Details  ·  620 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews
"Men may be from Mars and women from Venus, but I'm from the Jersey Shore."—JWOWW

Are you stuck in a relationship with a stage-five clinger? Maybe your date is more like a man-whore than Mr. Smooth. Do guys only call you late at night when they're looking for a quick hookup? The Rules According to JWOWW can change all that.

Famous for both her cleavage-baring tops and her t
Published February 8th 2011 by William Morrow (first published January 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Rules According to Jwoww, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rules According to Jwoww

First Step 2 Forever by Justin BieberA Shore Thing by Nicole "Snooki" PolizziMiles to Go by Miley CyrusConfessions of an Heiress by Paris HiltonYour Heiress Diary by Paris Hilton
Who Let These People Write A book?
12th out of 312 books — 948 voters
Bossypants by Tina FeySeriously... I'm Kidding by Ellen DeGeneresIs Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy KalingYes Please by Amy PoehlerHappy Accidents by Jane Lynch
Celebrity Authors
30th out of 152 books — 87 voters

More lists with this book...

Heather Clitheroe
Feb 21, 2011 Heather Clitheroe rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2011-reads
A better time would be had gouging my eyes out with a plastic spoon.
Emily Benoit
Dec 22, 2011 Emily Benoit rated it really liked it
Shelves: reads-of-2011
Concept/Ideas: 4/5
Overall Rating: 4/5 stars

I have to admit, I kind of have a love/hate relationship with Jersey Shore, and the characters. I know... crazy right? On one hand, I HATE the stuff they do, the way they talk, and just everything about the show! Definitely NOT people to look up to. But on the other hand, you can't help but watch, because it's entertaining. Hm... you see my dilemma?

Jwoww (Jenni Farley is probably one of the only decent characters, and I've always thought this. I'm not
Lori
Mar 19, 2011 Lori rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Yeah, that's right...I actually bought and read a book by one of the Jersey Shore crew. I figured it would be a light, fun, entertainment read but was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. It's geared toward the younger club going crowd but still has lots of good advice about being true to yourself and being nobody's doormat...and a bunch of beauty and health tips too.
Good job JWoww - I knew you were my favourite for a reason.
Gabriella Meier
May 01, 2011 Gabriella Meier rated it liked it
Jwoww may not be a rocket scientist, or a lawyer, or the next president of the United States but she does know a thing or two about landing a mint guy, staying fresh to death, and kicking the competition to the curb. Her instructive approach makes it easy for anyone to find the right guy. Listen to Jwoww, she keeps it real
Feb 10, 2011 Sarah rated it liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by this offering from Jersey Shore. I expected it to be trashy, obnoxious and laughable. But it isn’t. Ok, it is, a little. Jwoww has definitely skyrocketed to my favourite girl in the Shore house after reading this. On TV you see her as this loudmouth b*tch with too tight clothes, too big boobs and a large dose of rage.

This book actually shows that she’s a pretty good girl. She dresses how she does because it makes her feel good, and she thinks you should too. She is
Angie
Aug 26, 2011 Angie rated it liked it
Ok so since the show has just started back up I got curious about this book. And to be honest it's not too bad. She talks just like she does on the show... so f bombs everywhere, and gives great advice. I thought the guy advice was great. Especially for young girls who are probably going to be the ones to most likely pick up this book. I admit I skimmed the book I didn't actually read it. But still enjoyed it. Though I was glad when I put it back in the slot at the library and not on my own book ...more
Emily
Apr 03, 2012 Emily rated it liked it
I'm giving this three stars because it was mildly entertaining, has a good penne a la vodka recipe, and some good workout tips. Also, jwoww is sort of likable. She seems like a girl you'd want in your corner to give you some tough love. Other than that, my brain rotted a little with every page I read.
Anna Chau
May 05, 2011 Anna Chau is currently reading it
Pretty good advice, actually. My favorites so far are about self-respect and showering.
Violet C
Mar 21, 2012 Violet C rated it really liked it
The Rules According to Jwoww is a book for girls, well to me its more for girls then for guys, but if a guy would want to read it, go for it, it won't hurt. The book is about how to live your life, what to watch out for, and advice on how to date. Jwoww"s book is pretty much advice from her, and how to survive out there in the real world when you are looking for guys. this book does contain bad language, some sexual content, and if you are okay with reading something like that i would recommend ...more
Christina
Oct 04, 2015 Christina rated it really liked it
I never would have thought that I would purchase a book written by any of the Jersey Shore cast members, but when I got the chance to meet JWoww at a book signing I wasn't going to pass up that opportunity. I was able to read about half the book while I was waiting in line, and I loved it so much that I read the entire thing in about 24 hours. Now, I'm sure JWoww didn't write this book completely on her own. I get this from the "with Sheryl Berk" on the cover, plus the fact that most celebrities ...more
Amber (The Book Bratz)
Jul 30, 2012 Amber (The Book Bratz) rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
[image error]

Me and my girlfriends decided to have fun and read this. This is that last time I let them pick the book though.

When they sent me the link for the book on my kindle I was like: "Oh hell no!" Which they found pretty funny.

But then as I read through this I was surprised. Jenny defiantly put some in sight of a clubbing life and dirt bag guys. Some advice in here I could use were others I can't.

You are able to see into what Jenny thinks in this novel and I like that. It shows you th
Chelsea Gouin
Mar 29, 2016 Chelsea Gouin rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Jenni "JWoww" Farley had her claim to fame with MTV's Jersey Shore. And let's be honest, we all love to hate that show but watch it anyway...and if you call yourself a fan of the show, you're going to pick this book up. Definitely a book catered to females as JWoww dishes on Shore "secrets" to success. It wasn't as silly as one would think. It has tips for women on makeup, hair, and dating. I actually photo copied a recipe that is featured in the book. :p It has a message though underneath all t ...more
Amanda
May 26, 2011 Amanda rated it it was ok
While obviously not the best literature I've ever read, I bought this book out of curiosity and also, having watched Jersey Shore for pure entertainment purposes, I became a fan of Jwoww, mainly due to her strong character and her role as a nurturer towards her friends.

The book was simply about 'rules' from Jwoww from the Jersey Shore, giving women advice on how to deal with men, beauty, dating, self confidence, exercise etc.. It's the whole package! Certainly, there were many 'rules' that I abs
Stacy
Dec 21, 2015 Stacy rated it it was ok
Ugh. Some of the tips in this book (like the ones about responsible drinking and some of the ones about sex) were actually good advice but as I got further into it, particularly the ones about keeping a guy once your dating and about beauty, I actually started getting a little pissed off. I don't at all believe that you need to follow these rules to date successfully. I don't think you should dress like, tan like, and do your hair and makeup like JWOWW in order to bag a man. And I don't believe ...more
Mallory
Apr 03, 2011 Mallory rated it liked it
I whipped through this in two days. Obviously it's a little tongue in cheek, but it's written in a refreshingly honest way that I think could actually reach a lot of people who aren't typically "into books." Jenni cracked me up in this, but also said a lot of valuable stuff about respecting yourself, and not letting people (guys) treat you than less that you're worth. If this can prevent some young Jersey Shore fans from sticking around in a crappy relationship, then I say JWoww, you go girl. Fo ...more
Shirin Abdel Rahman
Apr 25, 2014 Shirin Abdel Rahman rated it it was amazing
Here is what the girl is trying to say, have confidence , find a nice guy to go out with!
The dating part(the book is divided into two parts)is close to why men love bitches, she is asking girls to have self esteem, take good care of their look and how to get the right man and keep for good.
The 2nd part is my favorite :it is about beauty ,style, workout and cooking(penne a la vodka is really delicious)she is providing the readers with her diet and workout routine and even some cooking recipes whi
Jess
Nov 24, 2013 Jess rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Okay so I like the Jersey Shore, sue me! I was looking for a quick, funny read to get me through my cardio sessions on the treadmill. Well, this was a quick read... and that's about all. Apparently in order to get a man I must go to the gym, learn how to cook and constantly tan (although there is a whole section about wrinkles and SPF.....). At least it was only 2 hours of my life wasted, and it did get me through 2 whole workouts, so that's something.
Rachelle
Nov 07, 2011 Rachelle rated it liked it
It took myself a long time to actually purchase the book. I read about it and saw it a few reviews but I still couldn't imgaine reading a book by someone from the Jersey Shore. I was fairly surprised with what I got from this book. JWWOW actually makes you feel good but at the same time makes you realise a couple of things about yourself. I think it was a good book, not the best, and really worth the read in the end (if your a woman).
Tracy Morton
It was better than I predicted. The problem with the book is that it is probably more appealing to someone in their teen years but not appropriate for them. Her advice isn't bad and she does constantly push for girls to behave responsibly. She stress not to drink underage or too much or drink and drive as well as safe sex, staying close to a good friends when clubbing etc.
Megan
Jul 01, 2011 Megan rated it it was ok
It pains me to admit that I do watch "Jersey Shore" from time to time, and I'm dying a little on the inside admitting to having read this book. Shame on me. SHAME!!! That being said, if I need reminders on how to handle a spray tan or the fine art of fist-pumping and battling on the dancefloor, Jwoww is my girl.
Sarah B
Feb 15, 2013 Sarah B rated it did not like it
Melissa
Jan 19, 2012 Melissa rated it it was ok
I simply love Jenni, and of course I had to read this book. It's not great literature, but it's very Jenny'ish with a lot of tips about clothes, make-up, dating and so on. I'm glad I read it, but I wouldn't read it again. Two stars from me :-)
Kimberly Andersen
Sep 21, 2014 Kimberly Andersen rated it really liked it
Got the book for the main reason that I loved the MTV show "Jersey Shore" and that I loved Jenni "JWOWW" and her honest ways. I loved what she wrote and how honest and down to business she was about her rules.
Katherine
Aug 29, 2011 Katherine rated it it was ok
A quick, entertaining read which made me laugh out loud twice. Most of her advice is common sense and about self-respect in relationships and dating, and her delivery is perfectly in sync with her tough talking persona.
Katherine
May 20, 2015 Katherine rated it really liked it
Jwoww is tough. I enjoyed this book and the advice she gave out for young girls. About respecting yourself and how to see what guy is using you or how a man has genuine feelings for you. Fun read!
C. Beretta
Jan 25, 2014 C. Beretta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Only one word to describe this, entertaining. I'm a fan of JWoww so of course I had to buy this. It was actually the first book I ever purchased when I got my kindle. Read it, it's entertaining.
Katie
Jun 19, 2011 Katie rated it it was ok
I don't really know what I expected from a Jersey Shore participant, but this was an ok book. It was like being at the Jersey Shore and reading the boring parts that were omitted from the tv show.
Heidi
Apr 05, 2011 Heidi rated it liked it
Meeeh... turrible... again if you're a lady and you need this book, you are beyond help, although it was a delightful distraction from work... i think i flipped through it in 20 minutes..
Krisha
May 25, 2011 Krisha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was actually really surprised by this book. I thought it would be a joke but it was very insightful. I could relate to what she was saying and have learned some helpful tips.
Shahna
Jan 22, 2015 Shahna rated it liked it
Shelves: own
A couple of useful tips.
Some product placement.
And a hell of a lot of crap.

But if you don't take it too seriously, it's pretty entertaining.
Post your favorite quotes from "The Rules According to Jwoww"! 1 7 Nov 08, 2011 08:17PM
  • Confessions of a Guidette
  • Kardashian Konfidential
  • How to Be Famous: Our Guide to Looking the Part, Playing the Press, and Becoming a Tabloid Fixture
  • Confessions of an Heiress: A Tongue-in-Chic Peek Behind the Pose
  • The Real Girl Next Door
  • Justin Bieber: My World
  • Men are Stupid...and They Like Big Boobs: A Woman's Guide to Beauty Through Plastic Surgery
  • The Lo-Down
  • That Extra Half an Inch: Hair, Heels and Everything in Between
  • Justin Bieber: The Unauthorized Biography
  • Justin Bieber: The Fever!
  • Justin Bieber: Oh Baby!
  • Red Carpet Suicide: A Survival Guide on Keeping Up With the Hiltons
  • A Parent's Guide to Preventing Homosexuality
  • Bunny Tales
  • Justin Bieber: His World
  • Justin Bieber
  • The Day I Shot Cupid: Hello, My Name Is Jennifer Love Hewitt and I'm a Love-aholic
Jenni "Jwoww" Farley was twenty-one years old when she moved from rural upstate New York to New York City. Since Jenni was seventeen she was interested in computer programming, and spent 3 years studying it. After fulfilling her desire to be a computer programmer, Jenni realized she had a passion for fine arts and graphic design. Shortly after finishing 4 years of study at a local university she o ...more
More about Jenni "Jwoww" Farley...

“A homemade Italian meal…for a guy, it can be just as good as sex. Serve up with a nice loaf of Italian bread, cut thin and buttered. You can be dessert.” 0 likes