Weird but True! 3: 300 Outrageous Facts

Weird but True! 3: 300 Outrageous Facts

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  191 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Did you know that a lion's roar can be heard up to five miles away? That an astronaut's heartbeat slows down in space? That about $50 billion of Monopoly money is printed each year? Three hundred wacky facts pop from the colorful, compact pages of Weird but True! 3, an irresistible trove of facts and fun, based on the top-scoring feature in the country's premier children's...more
Published June 14th 2011 by National Geographic Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Weird but True! 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weird but True! 3

❀УᗩᔕᗰᎥИƎ❀
Some random facts I picked up from this book:

- octopuses have three hearts
- scorpions glow under black light
- a lizard sticks its tongue out to smell
- according to this book, one of the shortest wars lasted 38 minutes. Upon further research, I discovered it was the Anglo-Zanzibar War which was fought between the UK and the Zanzibar Sultanate on August 27, 1896. According to Wikipedia, it was 40 minutes not 38 minutes. Someone's lying here
- sperm whales (like Moby Dick) have the heaviest brains...more
Kaethe
Curious facts and amusing trivia. What the book lacks in substance, it makes up for with stylish design. Yeah, it's really lightweight, but sometimes we need that. Something quick and zippy hits the spot.
Hope Mullinax
From the National Geographic Society, this is third of a series of books containing weird and quirky facts. It is an easy read for the reluctant reader. Kids love the unusual and quick information found within each page and are eager to recite the information in later conversations.
Jennifer Woodford
Wacky facts, fascinating information, and lively art combine in this easy-to-browse book that is sure to give young readers hours of fun, including us adults that are young at heart!
Stewazac0
It has a lot of weird but true facts. I really like this book because it has lots of topics not just one or two. You should really should try to read this weird but true book!!!
Hadi Wijaya
I like this book just like other series I read. Unuseful fact but interesting, moreover in this book you can see the picture so you can have clearer view of the facts.
Mimi Ambroise
There were a lot of facts in this book. Interesting ones, and fun ones. If you would like to learn more about the world but in a fun way I recommend this book for you.
Savannah
Weird but true 3 gives you amazing new facts that you have never known before. But now with the book weird but true 3,you can learn a lot more than you did before!
Holly Thompson
So I skimmed it, but the facts are pretty fun. Did you know that Honeybees have hair on their eyeballs?
Saru (Queen of Bookland)
Hahaha found some...interesting stuff in this book...
Hillary Fedoroff
My son and I LOVE reading these books together!
Grace H.
Nov 30, 2012 Grace H. rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: My friends
Recommended to Grace by: non one
it was weird but true the title didn't lie.
Carly Grennan
love it!!!
Raymond
Raymond marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Lucas
Lucas marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Leslie Ann
Leslie Ann marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Allysha Arnott
Allysha Arnott marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Kayleigh2002
Kayleigh2002 marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
National Geographic: The Photographs Journeys of a Lifetime: 500 of the World's Greatest Trips Through the Lens: National Geographic's Greatest Photographs National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of North America Weird But True: 300 Outrageous Facts