Start by marking “Weird but True! 3: 300 Outrageous Facts (Weird But True, #3)” as Want to Read:
Weird but True! 3: 300 Outrageous Facts (Weird But True, #3)

Weird but True! 3: 300 Outrageous Facts (Weird But True #3)

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  286 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Did you know that a lion's roar can be heard up to five miles away? That an astronaut's heartbeat slows down in space? That about $50 billion of Monopoly money is printed each year? Three hundred wacky facts pop from the colorful, compact pages of Weird but True! 3, an irresistible trove of facts and fun, based on the top-scoring feature in the country's premier children's ...more
Published June 14th 2011 by National Geographic Children's Books

Did you know....

*That the Earth spins so fast that someone standing at the equator is traveling about 1,000 miles an hour.

*Sperm whales have the heaviest brains on the planet.

*Certain sharks walk on their fins underwater.

*Spit can freeze in midair at the North Pole.

*There are about 3,000 lightening flashes on earth every minute.

*Some people can hear their eyeballs moving.

*Large forest fires can create tornadoes made of flames.

This is one of the most fun books I've ever read. Bright, colorful and
Curious facts and amusing trivia. What the book lacks in substance, it makes up for with stylish design. Yeah, it's really lightweight, but sometimes we need that. Something quick and zippy hits the spot.
Emma Rice
I loved all of the awesome facts that were in here. I think there was one even about Shades of Death Road When I saw it I immediately jumped for joy.
Nov 12, 2014 Ryan rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: fun
This really did have some fascinating facts and was the perfect book to read in the library (bathroom).
Oct 02, 2015 Maddie added it
I thought that some of the weird but true pages were not true.I never knew that your foot is as long as your elbow to your wirst.A river went red every 15 years.
Kumiko Mae LovingSunshine
so much random shit. good times
Hope Mullinax
From the National Geographic Society, this is third of a series of books containing weird and quirky facts. It is an easy read for the reluctant reader. Kids love the unusual and quick information found within each page and are eager to recite the information in later conversations.
Jennifer Woodford
Wacky facts, fascinating information, and lively art combine in this easy-to-browse book that is sure to give young readers hours of fun, including us adults that are young at heart!
Sep 19, 2011 Stewazac0 rated it 5 of 5 stars
It has a lot of weird but true facts. I really like this book because it has lots of topics not just one or two. You should really should try to read this weird but true book!!!
Hadi Wijaya
I like this book just like other series I read. Unuseful fact but interesting, moreover in this book you can see the picture so you can have clearer view of the facts.
Mimi Ambroise
There were a lot of facts in this book. Interesting ones, and fun ones. If you would like to learn more about the world but in a fun way I recommend this book for you.
Weird but true 3 gives you amazing new facts that you have never known before. But now with the book weird but true 3,you can learn a lot more than you did before!
Holly Thompson
So I skimmed it, but the facts are pretty fun. Did you know that Honeybees have hair on their eyeballs?
Saru (Queen of Bookland)
Hahaha found some...interesting stuff in this book...
My son and I LOVE reading these books together!
Carly Grennan
love it!!!
Emily marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Gaven Lane
Gaven Lane marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
  • The Book Report from the Black Lagoon
  • Dolphin Tale: A Tale of True Friendship
  • Ruby Bridges Goes To School: My True Story (Scholastic Reader Level 2)
  • Mr. Burke Is Berserk! (My Weirder School, #4)
  • Nate the Great and the Tardy Tortoise
  • Heidi Heckelbeck Goes to Camp!
  • Bad Kitty for President
  • Molly's A+ Partner
  • Chemistry: Getting a Big Reaction! (Basher Science)
  • Sharks (Fly Guy Presents, #1)
  • Shampoodle
  • The Zoo Crew (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #14)
  • Double Eagle
  • The Fairies' Birthday Surprise (Scholastic Reader Level 2: Rainbow Magic)
  • Rosie's Magic Horse
  • Frogs!
  • Peek-a-Zoo!
  • A Bundle of Trouble: A Rebecca Mystery
With more than 600 titles—including the popular Weird But True franchise and the New York Times Best Selling National Geographic Kids Almanac—National Geographic Kids Books is the recognized leader in nonfiction for kids. Published in 28 languages, NGK Books reaches approximately 85 million kids every year.

Offering K-12 educators resources that align to and support the Common Core State Standards,
More about National Geographic Kids...

Weird But True (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Weird But True: 300 Outrageous Facts (Weird But True, #1)
  • Weird but True! 2: 300 Outrageous Facts (Weird But True, #2)
  • Weird but True! 4: 300 Outrageous Facts
  • Weird but True! 5: 300 Outrageous Facts
  • National Geographic Kids Weird but True! 6: 300 Outrageous Facts
  • National Geographic Kids Ultimate Weird but True: 1,000 Wild & Wacky Facts and Photos
  • National Geographic Kids Ultimate Weird But True 2: 1,000 Wild & Wacky Facts & Photos!
  • National Geographic Kids Ultimate Weird but True 3: 1,000 Wild and Wacky Facts and Photos!
  • National Geographic Kids Weird but True!: Ripped from the Headlines 2: Real-life Stories You Have to Read to Believe
  • Ye Olde Weird but True: 300 Outrageous Facts from History