Start by marking “Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other” as Want to Read:
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other

Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other (Osho Insights for a new way of living )

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  716 ratings  ·  42 reviews
"Hit-and-run" relationships have become common in our society as it has grown more rootless, less tied to traditional family structures, and more accepting of casual sex. But at the same time, there arises an undercurrent of feeling that something is missing-a quality of intimacy.

This quality has very little to do with the physical, though sex is certainly one possible doo...more
Published April 1st 2007 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published December 14th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Intimacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Intimacy

Narendra Singh
Dec 18, 2008 Narendra Singh rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All who are in search of peace
Recommended to Narendra by: I my self find it by its name
This is book i was looking for. this book makes you comfortable wiht your self. it shows how unique you are.
Soham Chakraborty
Well, I am not much moved here. This was a decent read, not much adjective, not much noun. Spoken mainly in verb. Certain points of Osho make absolute sense - they are truly words of a sage. But certain other sections, specially talks on the structure of society and daily movement of an insipid life didn't cut deeply into me. However, the central theme is recurrent. And that is you have to drop your fear, your inhibitions, your ego to love someone deeply, so deeply that the lover and the beloved...more
Karthick Rajan R
This book shows how the real intimacy should be...intimacy can be shown by removing the mask (ie)our body language shows our character in some other form but if we go insight within our self we can recognize our real face what we really think inside and show our false face to the outer world. "The real intimacy comes by removing the mask and showing our real face to everyone.removing the boundary level between the group or persons"

Really everyone should read this book.
nice quotes and sayings are...more
Guzin Taskiran
this is my second read from Osho after "Freedom". loads of words, full of wisdom for sure. the reason i liked it might be the timing. It just came at the right time, when I needed to hear some of the words the most. yes, there are lots of repeating sentences or ideas but from spiritual perspective, you need it I think. great insights on "seeking", "being ready to become ordinary", "dropping ideals", "being weak vs being strong".
Abeer Matbuli
الزهرة ضعيفة، كن كالزهرة، لا كالصخرة قويا وقاسيا.
هل ترى تلك الشجرة العملاقة؟ لا أحد يقطعها لأن أغصانها جافة لا فائدة منها، كن عديم النفع.
وتحرر..تحرر من كل شيء، من الدين ومن المجتمع. إذا كنت غاضبا فلا تكبت غضبك، اصرخ وابكِ لأن أحدهم أخذ لعبتك. اشعر بالحرية، اشعر بالحب، وتأمل. الفراشة جميلة، النهر يجري، اجر معه. لا تضع أهدافا لحياتك، لأنك ستشعر باضطراب ولن تحيا. عش كالخراف، كل ونم مطمئنا، اشعر بالحياة، انها جميلة. ولا تحسن من نفسك، "يجب أن أكون أفضل" تجاهل هذه الفكرة، اقبل نفسك كما هي. وكن أنانيا....more
Carmen Aguilo
Have you ever felt uncomfortable with yourself causing problems in your relationship? Have you ever had the feeling of not being able to move forward with your partner due to past experiences? Have you ever had a feeling of uncertainty towards the future with the person you care about? This book gives you a good spiritual explanation of why you might feel that way while teaching you how to get rid of those insecurities.

The perspective osho provides in this books increases a sense of awareness a...more
Anna Bitz
I realized that I have the ability to achieve a lot of self-control and self-actualization,without the help of others.
hope mohammed
لن استطيع ان احتمل اكثر .. من البداية وهو يتكلم عن الحب والانفتاح على الاخر وتسييب الامور بشكل عام يقول على الانسان ان يعبر عن فرحته وقت الفرح وايضا عند الغضب عليه ان ينفس عن غضبه !.. ويعني ازعل كسر الدنيا عادي .. لايؤمن بالاديان كما هو واضح جدا وياله الجنس البشري كما هو ايضا واضح بين السطور اسلوبه عاطفي بشدة جعلني اكره نفسي وخاصة انا اتجنب هالاسلوب لاني اجده رخيص جدا ومنافق بشده . وافضل الحقائق بدل هالاسلوب الذي اراه مخالف بشدة لها .. وايضا غير محتمل وكاذب يعني كاني اكذب ع نفسي وانا راح اتغير و...more
Brian
This book had a lot of gems in it, but it also came off as pretentious and preachy and seemed a little backwards at times. Overall I thought he had a lot of good things to say about intimacy that really make you think. Chew the meat and spit out the bones.
Alina
Would be a nice advice if we lived in ideal world where my children would get zero chance of falling under bad influence of TV, friends raised up by video games etc. Osho is just one of those sellers who is selling his vision, which can be wrong or right.
Pavel Evstigneev
One of greatest books I ever read. It show be a beauty of being myself and being close. Teach me how to be weak and happy
Jojo A
Through his writings he is more of a wonderful person that a writer. His words are happy and inpiring and well wrapped in his writing style. It's farily genuine and obvious that whatever he is writing coming from his personality and his heart.

The book is somehow pyschic and if you ever felt lost in the middle of the lines, re-read it and you will get the meaning profound.

R.I.P Osho.
Manish Dev
Be choosy of what you take from this.
Kristina
this book is a guide to know deeper yourself and to build healthy and trusting relationships with other people, osho describes one by one all important elements and steps that lead to more successful, open and profound relationship with others without wearing a mask and fearing to be hurt
Dean P
Light reading generally. The first chapter is a must-read.. deals with the notion of being intimate with oneself before attempting to be intimate with others. Some other gems scattered throughout. Enjoyed the suggested exercise on observing and becoming one with objects we find during our day.
Amal
it is an amazing book that i wish to be same person like Osho is saying
Laura Butkāne
Kļūsti laimīgāks. Izmanto laiku, kas tev atvēlēts. Nav vajadzības domāt par nākotni. Pietiek ar tagadni. Tulīt pat centies dzīvot šajā brīdī. Izmanto šo mirkli nevis raizējoties, bet dzīvojot. Mazas lietas var sniegt lielu laimi. tāda ir visa dzīve- mazliet rūpju, mazliet dāsnuma.
Jules
This book by the guru Osho was remarkable. It spoke to me in many ways. I found what he wrote not only profound, but full of personal truths. Will be reading more of his books.
Leslie Intriago
An insightful look at conditioned behavior set by society and how it affects relationships. It also presents an alternative way of living to make relationships more real and profound. Osho has a way with metaphors.
Michael Graber
Osho's team captured years of his discourses and turned them into guidebooks for a liberated life. Given Osho's ardor, insight, and wit, the entire collection rank exceedingly high. Enjoy.
Munkhbayar Baatarkhuu
... ... ... In existence ,,, there is no question, , , ... There exists ... ,,, Only answers ''' ... That art thou ....
Vineeth K K
This is the work which took me over 1 month to complete, so much to think, to laugh, and to absorb..

Energy pouring beyond its meaning :)
Chris Watkins
Very insightful. Only after I read it did I discover that the author, Osho, was formerly the Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh.
jewelthinks
Interesting read. I kept the parts that made sense and tossed out the ideas that seemed too out there.
Sohaila Shim
Very deep. Very quotable. You have to take your time reading through osho's words of wisdom.
Iris
beautifully put together.... everything seems to make sense. easy quick read and so worth it!
Nathan
Jan 14, 2008 Nathan rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone.
Recommended to Nathan by: Carey
A truly beautiful book about being yourself unabashedly. Important, relevant, and gentle.
Emma Farouk
Find this book to be extremely insightful and hilariously blunt so far.
Tony Kaldas
Osho as usual is a person who always gives you the truth in your face!
  • On Having No Head: Zen and the Rediscovery of the Obvious
  • The Laughing Jesus: Religious Lies and Gnostic Wisdom
  • Oneness With All Life Treasury Edition: Inspirational Selections from A New Earth
  • Wen-Tzu
  • Insight Meditation Kit
  • Freedom from the Known
  • The Arthashastra
  • Mother Teresa
  • The Best Thing About You Is You!
  • Daughters of Absence: Transforming a Legacy of Loss
  • Serpent of Light: Beyond 2012 the Movement of the Earth's Kundalini and the Rise of the Female Light, 1949 to 2013
  • Toward a New Psychology of Women
  • Eastern Body, Western Mind: Psychology and the Chakra System As a Path to the Self
  • The Tibetan Book Of The Dead
  • Complete Chanakya Neeti
  • An Autobiography: Toward Freedom
  • The Essential Marcus Aurelius
  • The Principal Upanishads
One of the most provocative and inspiring spiritual teachers of the twentieth century, Osho defies categorization - reflecting everything from the individual quest for meaning to the most urgent social and political issues facing society today. His books are not written but are transcribed from recordings of extemporaneous talks given over a period of thirty-five years. Osho has been described by...more
More about Osho...
Courage: The Joy of Living Dangerously Love, Freedom, and Aloneness: The Koan of Relationships The Book of Secrets (Vigyan Bhairav Tantra ) Creativity: Unleashing the Forces Within Freedom: The Courage to Be Yourself

“Love is the goal, life is the journey.” 40 likes