Start by marking “The Bambino: The Story of Babe Ruth's Legendary 1927 Season” as Want to Read:
The Bambino: The Story of Babe Ruth's Legendary 1927 Season

The Bambino: The Story of Babe Ruth's Legendary 1927 Season (American Graphic)

In 1927, Babe Ruth stepped up to the plate and looked history in the eye. With each swing of the bat his towering legacy grew larger. Ball after ball sailed into the seats and the race for 60 home runs was on. Join the Bambino as he swings for the fences chasing down one of the greatest baseball records of all time.
Published February 1st 2011 by Capstone Press (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Bambino, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bambino

Shyla Gilbertson
I just read a awesome non fiction book The Bambino by Nel Yomtov. This book tells about Babe Ruth. Some interesting facts and skills I read are Babe Ruth broke the home runs record and Babe Ruth started when he was 19. I liked this book because it tells the truth about some ones life. If you like books about peoples life or baseball then I recommend you read this book.
Paloma
Feb 23, 2016 Paloma rated it really liked it
It was great to find a graphic novel that was non-fiction and as a baseball fan I really enjoyed this book. Personally I am not a big fan of graphic novels because they seem to busy for my eyes but the pictures in The Bambino were in black and white and didn't have to much going on but still expressed sounds and motion as great as any other graphic novel. The story was easy to read and gave enormous amounts of information. It followed the legendary Babe Ruth on his journey through his 1927 ...more
Cheemua
Dec 19, 2013 Cheemua rated it really liked it
I just read a cool book non fiction book, the Bambino by yomtov this book tells about baseball. Some interesting facts and skills i read are babe start playing, at 17th and babe is famous. I like this book because babe is famous and babe start. If you like books about the bamino or cool book then i recommend you read this book.
Michele Reno
Michele Reno rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2013
Franki Sibberson
A pretty solid graphic novel biography of Babe Ruth by Capstone Press.
Jeanne
Feb 15, 2012 Jeanne rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Tells the story of Babe Ruth's run for 60 home runs.
Kevin Smith
Kevin Smith rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2015
Tammi
Tammi rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2012
Angie
Angie rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2012
Jan
Jan rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2012
Elyshia Schafer
Elyshia Schafer rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2012
Thelonius
Thelonius rated it liked it
May 09, 2013
Janet
Janet rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2016
Marge Shaffer
Marge Shaffer rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2013
Beth
Beth rated it it was ok
Feb 28, 2013
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2011
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2011
Woodlawn
Woodlawn marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
amber
amber added it
Oct 02, 2014
Leah DiSabato
Leah DiSabato marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Nathan
Nathan added it
Aug 18, 2015

American Graphic (6 books)
  • Thunder Rolling Down the Mountain: The Story of Chief Joseph and the Nez Perce
  • Elvis: A Graphic Novel