Start by marking “Filled with Glee: The Unauthorized Glee Companion” as Want to Read:
Filled with Glee: The Unauthorized Glee Companion

Filled with Glee: The Unauthorized Glee Companion

Is Sue is the true driving force behind Glee? Who the real alpha male in New Directions? Why do we really keep coming back to Glee week after week? From its quirky character insights to its inspirational, funny, and touching stories from fellow gleeks, Filled with Glee is the perfect companion for the fan who can't get enough Glee. Filled with Glee also includes a guide to ...more
Published November 2nd 2010 by Benbella Books (first published October 7th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Filled with Glee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Filled with Glee

Paul Bryant
Sep 27, 2011 Paul Bryant marked it as assorted-rants-about-stuff  ·  review of another edition
Sayings of Georgia Part 4 :

I was reading about Hitler and I heard a strange noise. I went into the front room and saw The Warblers on the tv screen as Georgia was glued to Glee Season 2 Box Set. I mentioned that this was a very uncool, strangely waxy, young male Stepford Wives weird old-fashioned sort of group who plainly couldn't dance and she said "Yes they are very uncool, but that's the point and that's what makes them cool."

Then she said "I would like to say that I was uncool before being
Meagan
Jun 06, 2011 Meagan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me a few months to get through this because it isn't the type of book that you sit down with and read straight through. Each essay is by a different author and focuses on a different character or aspect of the show. The essay are well crafted and easy to read, forcing you think more deeply about the characters, their relationships to each other, and their relationships to us.

What is particularly great, is that not all of the essays agree with each other. In fact, not all of the essays ev
Myles
Not much going on here - I picked it up at work along with a slew of other smartpop titles, only later finding out later how farmed out they were and sharing authors, and in the case of Filled with Glee especially, hopelessly out of date.

As a Glee fan, I've never embraced the term 'Gleek', I have the love/hate relationship with the show you need to have in order to survive the roller-coaster of emotion and events that occur in every episode. This book was published after the first season so it h
Bridget
Dec 30, 2010 Bridget rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great summary of the episodes. Character and plot analyses. Cast biographies. This was a lot of fun to read.
Gabi Stevens
I contributed an essay to this book, but I'm currently enjoying the efforts of my fellow writers. And, yes, I love GLEE.
Krista Ivy
it would be cool with a more updated version especially regarding the essay on the alpha male. i think it would be between blaine and sam.
Alexandria Jackman
Alexandria Jackman rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2013
Joey
Joey rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2012
Bcoghill Coghill
Bcoghill Coghill rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2012
Sydney
Sydney rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2011
Leisa
Leisa rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2011
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2016
Lauryn D'souza
Lauryn D'souza rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2012
Livvy
Livvy rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2013
Leah
Leah rated it did not like it
Aug 07, 2015
Tayler watson
Oct 14, 2011 Tayler watson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book was ok for glee. add me people.
Symone Ferrell
Symone Ferrell rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2012
Chiara
Chiara rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2011
Eileen V
Eileen V rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2012
Galinda
Galinda rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2011
Marviste0
Marviste0 rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2011
caroline
caroline rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2011
Melanie
Melanie rated it did not like it
Aug 02, 2013
7703Lizzie
7703Lizzie rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2012
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was ok
Aug 30, 2011
Breanne
Breanne rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2016
Susanne
Susanne rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2012
Maria Lima
Maria Lima rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2010
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2014
Sarah rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2012
Leah Wilson is Editor-in-Chief of the Smart Pop imprint of Dallas-based publisher BenBella Books. She graduated from Duke University in 2003 with a degree in Culture and Modern Fiction, and lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Fall season premiere schedules make her a little giddy.

(Her author blog is the main blog for Smart Pop's website, and she'll be using this Goodreads account in part to do some
More about Leah Wilson...