Start by marking “Gods from Outer Space” as Want to Read:
Gods from Outer Space

Gods from Outer Space

3.27 of 5 stars 3.27  ·  rating details  ·  481 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Däniken anser att vi har haft besök från rymden för tusentals år sedan och att dessa varelser avlade fram ett nytt människosläkte tillsammans med våra primitiva förfäder. Dänikens teorier bygger på olika förhistoriska monument och byggnader där han tycker sig se bilder av astronautklädda besökare och rymdfarkoster. 1973 bildade amerikanen G.M. Philips föreningen Ancient As ...more
Published January 28th 2000 by Bantam Books (first published 1969)

To ask other readers questions about Gods from Outer Space, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gods from Outer Space

Jenny williams
Gods from outer space was one of the craziest, eye opening experiences I've ever gotten from reading a novel. Von Daniken gets more crap from people in the scientific world than I've ever seen any author get, in any genre. There have been many allocations against von Daniken stealing peoples' ideas, thoughts, opinions, hypothesis and much more but none the less I loved this book. Whether his work or not, he goes into exact detail talking about every single phenomenon in this world today that sci ...more
Eric Wurm
The author interprets ancient archaeology and scriptures as describing alien visitations. The problem with highly unacademic interpretation is that one may read anything one wishes into the material. This is exactly what the author does, with no citations. Highly uneducated guesswork and buffoonery.
Drew Martin
This is a tale of two books. The first half of the book was more speculation on future space travel and von Daniken's opinions on the best vehicle model to travel through space. Some people might enjoy it, but I had a hard time getting through this, as I was hoping for more about the ancient texts, places, and people. That was what I received in the second half, as it dealt with ancient texts, mainly the Mahabharata and the Old Testament. For those people looking for Chariots of the Gods II, thi ...more
Alistair
Ah, another Erik von DÄniken book. I'm still reading it, but it's basically the same as chariots of the gods. Dense, thick, sometimes hard to understand, but an experienced reader should be able to make their way through it, and understand what hes trying to say. Will update when done.
Mark Geise
I'm giving this three stars for creativity and imagination, but it is pretty dated now. Also, I would have preferred if the majority of the book was about the inconsistencies that he writes about for the second half of the book. The first half of the book is about von Daniken's vision for the future of space travel and technology, which, while interesting to follow his thought process 45 years ago, I probably could have done without. That would have been fascinating to read about in 1970, but no ...more
Kevin
I would consider this more of a primer to the idea of the human race being seeded by space aliens, than a definitive non-fiction work. I got a little tired of von Danike constantly saying, "Well, since everybody else has wild theories about things, let me throw one of my wild theories at you", then proceeding as if that is gospel. Entertaining, but not thought-provoking.
ThomyZ
Reading a von Däniken book is a fascinating insight into the inner workings of conspiracy theories. The author, a convicted fraudster and embezzler with no scientific background whatsoever, twists facts and straight up makes stuff up to fit everything into his weird and ever-changing theory.

I very much doubt that he would have had the success he did if Wikipedia had been around in the early days of his writing career, because today many of his claims are so easily refutable that is almost comica
Dan Beliveau
More of the same speculations made by von Daniken. No real proof is offered. He makes decent agrguments, but 30+ years on, we are no closer to proving his theories than we were when it was written. I did think that the speculations of 1985, presented in this book were surprisingly accurate; sadly those for 2000 were not.
Being an Ancient Alien enthusiast, this book was disappointing as it really provided no new speculations from _Chariots of the Gods?_.
Jenna Mills
Again, so many claims that are not substantiated once a quick google search is carried out. This means that I couldn't believe any of his so-called evidence. The parts I did find interesting were his quotes from the Old Testement since I've read parts of it and is interesting to look at it from a different point of view - who knows, perhaps there could be something in it?
Jamil
با واقعیت هایی روبرو شدم که توی ذهنم باهاشون کنار نیومده بودم .
این ایدئولوژی که نویسنده توی این سری کتاب هاش بهش پرداخته بسیار جالب هست و جای تفکر داره .
اینکه ما بفهمیم و باور کنیم که توی این جهان تنها نیستیم و اینکه چطور به اینجا رسیدیم بسیار موضوع جالبیه و نویسنده خیلی خوب بهش پرداخته .
Shweta
I loved this book. Imagine yourself getting out one fine day with a note pad and pen and asking questions to people you come across on god/space/religion etc! This book is simply a book of notes written in very simple language by Von.
Tvermar
ok jumble sale read - mildly entertaining but confused in places and dated now. i guess even when first published it was just a bunch of notes and ideas pulled together into a book as a follow up to "chariots of the gods?"
Taylor
Jan 29, 2012 Taylor added it
Shelves: 2004
I wish there was a negative rating for books.

This books is hilarious in it's inaccuracy. Written by a fool with no formal education and based only on assumptions.
Patty
This book series was written in the 1970s and relooks at the world through ancient eyes and pretty much talks about alien visits and how that would look. I'm a big fan.
Barbara
Un gran libro y un gran investigador sobre los orígenes extraterrestres de los humanos en la Tierra en diferentes culturas.
Sooraj Raju
Everyone must read it once if they have ever looked up and and felt a truth inside which is trying to come out.
Lee
This should probably technically be in the "science fiction" shelf, but I can't bring myself to sully sci-fi like that.
Dorothy
It's mildly entertaining if you can be entertained by phony science dressed up as legitimate inquiry.
Carol
Exactly the same as in the first book. Lots of evidence, none of it shocking enough to believe it true.
Thomas
Still interesting stuff but not too much different from his earlier books.
Benjamin Barnes
Offered interesting theories on the prospect of ancient aliens
David Burkam
Ongoingly entertaining even if ongoingly unlikely.
Michael
Somewhat short, but wildly fascinating.
Roger McKasson
Worth the time to read!!!
Laura Crean
another great Daniken gem!
Gary Mapes
Gary Mapes marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Chris (ChrisToria2027)
Chris (ChrisToria2027) marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Marinus Tahu
Marinus Tahu marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
  • The Stairway to Heaven (The Earth Chronicles, #2)
  • The Stargate Conspiracy
  • Gods of Eden
  • The Philadelphia Experiment
  • The Hidden History of the Human Race - The condensed edition of Forbidden Archeology
  • The Sirius Mystery: New Scientific Evidence of Alien Contact 5,000 Years Ago
  • Technology of the Gods: The Incredible Sciences of the Ancients
  • Atlantis, Alien Visitation & Genetic Manipulation
  • Captured! The Betty and Barney Hill UFO Experience
  • Intruders
  • The Atlantis Blueprint: Unlocking the Ancient Mysteries of a Long-lost Civilization
  • The Orion Mystery: Unlocking the Secrets of the Pyramids
Born on April 14th, 1935, in Zofingen, Switzerland, Erich von Däniken was educated at the College St-Michel in Fribourg, where already as a student he occupied his time with the study of the ancient holy writings. While managing director of a Swiss hotel, he wrote his first book, Chariots of the Gods, which was an immediate bestseller in the United States, Germany, and later in 38 other countries. ...more
More about Erich von Däniken...
Chariots of The Gods Twilight of the Gods: The Mayan Calendar and the Return of the Extraterrestrials The Gold of the Gods History is Wrong The Gods Were Astronauts: Evidence of the True Identities of the Old 'Gods'

“Erão os Deuses Astronautas?” 2 likes