Start by marking “Lionhearted” as Want to Read:
Lionhearted

Lionhearted (Long, Tall Texans #23)

4.07  ·  Rating Details ·  1,876 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
As the holiday season approached, the residents of Jacobsville were whispering about Janie Brewster's hopeless crush on Leo Hart. Up till now, all her efforts to lasso the dynamic cattleman had crumbled quicker than those mouthwatering biscuits the Hart men coveted. However, this time the starry-eyed debutante had come up with the perfect self-improvement campaign to dazzl ...more
ebook
Published July 13th 2009 by Silhouette (first published December 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Lionhearted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lionhearted

Jenny
Janie has loved Leo since forever but her love is an unrequited one. He rejects her but he comes to her rescue when she starts working at shady bar due to her father's financial problems. But now it is Janie who doesn't want his love not when he stays with her out of pity and not love.

I ADORED Leo and Janie. Janie is strong but cute, sweet and very smitten with Leo. Leo is alpha but charming and when he falls for Janie he falls hard. Watching Leo beg and grovel was so amusing. Plus the love sce
Paige  Bookdragon

That moment when you realized that your perversion has crossed the boundary of acceptable when a book by Diana Palmer failed to make you giddy because it's too tame and you want the dirty hot nasty business?

description

Sorry guys. I really am.

Lionhearted is a cute book. A feisty heroine who doesn't let herself be trampled by the hero, a hot cowboy and some weird but funny secondary characters? What more can you ask for?

Answer: Hot raunchy sex.

The book didn't have that.I'm not sure if it's a good thing or no
Chantal ❤️
Oct 08, 2016 Chantal ❤️ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 FULL LEO STARS

In this emotionally charged story we have Janie who has always loved the hero Leo from afar and has been trying to hid it.
Trying and failing at it as everyone is aware of her feelings.
Janie has to take a job to help out her father's financial situation! She starts working at the local bar and the hero goes NUTS.

description

How dare she work!?
How dare she try to move on!?
HE NEEDS TO PROTECT AND CLAIM HER!
Before she finds another and he has to do this without letting her know his true feelin
Lu Bielefeld *Book Whore Brazil*
Relido em 21 de junho de 2016.
---------------
TIPPY: (WHORE)
- Seu destaque na página 95 | posição 1449-1451 |
"Don't get Judd Dunn mad," Fred warned. Leo shrugged. "He's too stuck on his pretty model to care much about Christabel right now, or Grier, either."
==========
- Seu destaque na página 168 | posição 2571-2572 |
"Tippy's not Grier's sort," Janie murmured sleepily. They didn't do a lot of sleeping at night, even now. She cuddled up in her husband's lap and nuzzled close. "He needs someone who
Mackenzie
Oct 16, 2016 Mackenzie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LTT #24
nola manganaro
Sep 29, 2016 nola manganaro rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

All her books are wonderful. But there are a few I can read again and again. And this is one. If a person hasn't read it ,read it. It us beyond 5 stars.
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
dari awal baca seri hart brothers, gw selalu suka ma tokoh Leo and yakin bahwa kisahnya pasti akan sangat menarik n ternyata gw bener...seru banget liat Leo yg ternyata bisa ditaklukkan ma Janie dimana awalnya Leo tuh "alergi" banget ma Janie terutama ma masakan Janie, karna Janie kan aslinya gak bisa masak..lebih kocak lagi karna Janie selalu menganalisis Leo n sodara2nya dengan teori psikologinya, palagi pas dia bilang Cag impoten!! wakakakkaaa...
Janie yg bertekad mengubah pandangan Leo ttg di
Jacqueline
This is a high rating for me with a DP book. There wasn't a lot of misunderstanding and willful ignoring of facts as in many of this author's books. The hero was being chased by the heroine and didn't appreciate it. She was too young for him, 14 years younger. Also he had been told some lies about her from her supposed best friend who wanted him for herself. So he lost his temper and said some nasty things about her where she accidentally overheard him.

So when she suddenly stopped chasing him a
Kaycee Sapinoso
Lionhearted is the 5th and final series of the Hart brothers of Jacobsville, Texas. And unfortunately, I’ve read it first. But I’m gonna read the first book later. Anyways, I still enjoyed reading this one. I absolutely loved it. Hands down to Miss Dianna Palmer for giving us another sweet, adventurous, touching, funny and heart-warming story.

Janie Brewster has loved him forever and has done everything that she can think of to interest him. She tried cooking, making biscuits (since the Hart brot
Nancy Silk
"Woot, Woot!" The Power of Obsession"

In this last of the Hart brother series (my first book I've read by this author), the one unmarried brother, Leo Hart, now lives alone except for his aged housekeeper who comes in twice a week to give him a little grief. Women haven't been in his life for a while as he has a very busy lifestyle of ranch and business management. He's in his 30's now and casual dating is no longer of interest to him. He, however, does accept an invitation to dinner and ballet w
Debbie Sparks
Dec 10, 2016 Debbie Sparks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Had a very good plot and was easy to keep up. I especially liked the biscuit eating episode. Great book. Would recommend to anyone that loves a good romance with a little humor involved.
Amanda Sheila
May 16, 2013 Amanda Sheila rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good catch, Leo!

Janie's having a crush on Leo since forever! She's been following him around, seduced him and tried everything she could to be someone he wants but it didn't seems to work out. Leo thinks that she's too young to him and apparently, someone's not happy seeing Janie get close to him. She wants Leo for herself. Who is that? What will happen next?

In Diana Palmer's book Man of Means, the story of Rey, Miss Palmer describing Leo as the charming one. Easy going and funny. But why in th
Livia
Sep 04, 2013 Livia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've just completed another Hart brother story and I loved it! LIONHEARTED is cute, funny, romantic but sometimes irritating. The hero Leon Hart, last brother to marry, was down right obstinate at times but so very crazy about the heroine, Janie Brewster.

Readers will meet this couple in-depth in the previous book A MAN OF MEANS (Sil Desire #1429, Apr 02.) The story is a straight forward romance and marries off the last of the Hart boys but also creates another mystery within the Long Tall Texan
Amanda
Jun 29, 2016 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a sweet short novel about the last Hart brother to marry, and his story was worth the wait. Usually some books like this, with the last hilarious brother, is not worth the effort, but this one was!

I loved Leo's story so much, and the way he finally took the time to get to know the sweet woman, who has loved him for so long. Though he is cruel to her at one time, he realizes his mistake, and does his best to show that he regretted it, and for once, she wasn't forgiving him so easily. She
Astraycat
Suddenly found that DP's heroines seldom had close female friends, even they had, several of them turned out to be their worst enemies. In this case, Janie was tabbed in the back by her best friend, who not only told Leo lies about her but also wanted to have Leo as boyfriend. Leo, as usual, was a jerk that not wanted to settle down. And I didn't get why not learn to cook himself if he liked to eat biscuits so much? Why in the world should women learn to cook in order to please their men? I also ...more
Cristina
** SPOILERS **

El héroe de este libro fue un idiota.
Pero básicamente, casi todos los hombres en los harlequins tienden a ser idiotas, así que estuvo bien.

Encontré este libro en una discusión donde me aseguraban que el héroe se arrastraba en el piso después de haber sido un maldito con ella (y vaya que fue un maldito, yo creo que si la apuñalaba en el corazón le habría dolido menos, a la pobrecita...), pero no sé... ¿se equivocaron? porque sí, está bien, él sí se 'disculpó' y toda la cosa, pero s
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 03, 2013 Adriana Fogaça rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Homens do Texas 25
Nas Mãos Do Destino
Diana Palmer

Este foi o primeiro romance que li da Diana Palmer e conseqüentemente da série homens do Texas.
Por isso tenho um carinho pela história e pelos personagens Léo e Janie.
E de alguma forma este livro me instigou a procurar os outros livros da série.
O que torna esse livro ainda mais interessante é que boa parte dos personagens que fazem parte da série, aparecem de uma forma ou de outra durante a narrativa.
ÓTIMO!!!!
ADORO!!!!
RECOMENDADÍSSIMO!!!!
Deasy
Jun 24, 2013 Deasy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hq, own-books, cowboy
Sebenernya aku mo kasih rating 3.5 tapi karena ga bisa pake acara setengah setengah yah sudah masuk ke 4 aja.. mengibgat kesusahan mendapatkan buku ini.

Awal awal buku ini cukup menjanjikan. Tapi menurutku klimaks buku ini udah terjadi di tengah buku ini, sehingga pada saat membaca bab bab akhir aku kehilangan semangat dan ceritanya cenderung flat menurutku. Cerita bab akhir seperti basa basi doang....

Jenny
May 22, 2010 Jenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I have a whole stack of Diana Palmer books from the library that I could only get in Large Print. I think a lot of hers are either paperback or LP. Since a lot of theirs are her older novels I think the paperbacks have worn out so the library only has the large print left. I will read LP when no other type is available.
Natalie
The book was OK, a bit fast paced from realizing being in love to marriage for me, but the part where he was trying to save her was good even if he didn't do as well as he had hoped to. And it seemed to me he was much more mature than Janie, she was not that aware of being a woman versus being a teenager. Just didn't come together for me.
Pat Cromwell
Feb 05, 2009 Pat Cromwell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not your typical Diana Palmer. I LOVED Leo and Janie. Yes he was that kind of hero BUT he didn't voice it (that much) and thank God, Diana didn;t share too much of his inner thoughts. One of my fav Diana Palmer books and Janie was a stronger heroine than most. Not once did Leo say "Little Seet Thang". How refreshing. Did I say I loved Leo and Janie?
Noemi Escamilla
Main Characters: Leo (Leopold) Hart & Janie Brewster

Note 1: Long, Tall, Texans

Note 2: Hart Brothers

Note 3: Jacobsville resident

One of my most favorites! Those Hart boys are so funny!

Own a copy on ebook and pdf.
Usagi Tsukino
Jul 03, 2016 Usagi Tsukino rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-f
So, an idiot who believes every sh*t the supposed-friend-of-the-heroine says to him; an heroine who is more an idiot rather than a naive girl; useless secondary characters. This book in a nutshell: boring and pathetic.

I knew it was a bad idea to try another book of this author. ಠ_ಠ
Soteria
Jan 03, 2011 Soteria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Leopold and Janie..
gw paling suka cerita tentang mereka berdua..
banyak perdebatan dan sedikit amarah disana sini sebelum mereka akhirnya bisa bener2 saling jujur dengan perasaan masing2..
aku paling suka sifat Leo yang possesif dan impulsif.. ^^
Lina
Mar 16, 2013 Lina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
suka kali ma pasangan ini, dari semua seri DP cm mereka yg bener2 nyantel dikepalaku
hahahaha
kelakuan Leo yg sok2 g suka sm si Janie, beehh tapi bertekuk lutut juga sama Janie akhirnya
pengen baca lagi ^^, tapi g ada di Gramed Pekanbaru .__.' , cetak lagii doong!!!
Angelica Stevenson
In 2005-2007 I read so many of Diana Palmer's books. My ex's mom had a lot and that got me hooked. She is an excellent author and I just enjoyed them. Especially the rancher, texas, farmer themes plots and stuff.
Shahnaaz
Overall : 3.5 stars
The Hart brothers : 5 stars
The brothers' love for biscuits is hilarious and yet cute. The way they stick up for one another is admirable and of course,the second funny thing is how they all prepare each others weddings in such a comical whirlwind.
Katina
Apr 03, 2016 Katina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved

Finally all Hart brothers married. I loved how the ball has many other stories to go side by side. Great romance
Noirfifre
Feb 27, 2013 Noirfifre rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
An enjoyable read about one of the reasons why love cannot be rushed. It is simple, getting straight to the point. Throw in some cowboy action, blushes and stubborn pride and you have a lovely story.
Chris
was just ok. Others in series much, much better. By the time I got to this one, I was soooo over the "virgin and the older man" schtick.
  • Pernikahan Pura-Pura (A Mediterranean Marriage #5)
  • The English Doctor's Baby (Westerling, #3)
  • Istri Simpanan
  • Raul's Revenge
  • Cinderella & the Playboy
  • Lelaki Dalam Ingatan
  • Pinangan Terselubung (The Baby Proposal)
  • Sarah's Child (Spencer-Nyle Co, #1)
  • Jodoh Sang Jutawan Italia (Counts of Calvani , #2)
  • The Sicilian Surrender = Terpikat Sang Pria Sisilia (O'Connells, #2)
  • House of Mirrors
  • Menaklukkan Sang Dokter - Taming the Beastly MD
  • Innocent on Her Wedding Night
  • Wife by Agreement
  • The Heart Breaker (Rocky Mountain, #2)
  • Tiger Prince
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera
More about Diana Palmer...

Long, Tall Texans (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Calhoun (Long, Tall Texans, #1)
  • Justin (Long, Tall Texans, #2)
  • Tyler (Long, Tall Texans, #3)
  • Sutton's Way  (Long, Tall Texans, #4)
  • Ethan (Long, Tall Texans, #5)
  • Connal (Long, Tall Texans, #6)
  • Harden (Long, Tall Texans #7)
  • Evan (Long, Tall Texans, #8)
  • Donavan (Long, tall Texans, #9)
  • Emmett (Long, Tall Texans, #10)