Start by marking “Demonspawn (Damned and Cursed, #1)” as Want to Read:
Demonspawn (Damned and Cursed, #1)

Demonspawn (Damned and Cursed #1)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  999 ratings  ·  32 reviews
My name's Alex. I used to think I was normal. I have a job, an apartment, good friends. I have a sister I adore, and the most beautiful woman in the world happens to be my best friend.

I see ghosts. So what, right? It's on television all the time. All kinds of people see ghosts.

But seeing ghosts turns into seeing demons. Seeing demons turns into walking through walls. It on
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 276 pages
Published September 17th 2010 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Demonspawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demonspawn

The Way of Shadows by Brent WeeksThe Name of the Wind by Patrick RothfussShadow's Edge by Brent WeeksBeyond the Shadows by Brent WeeksThe Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss
Boys, Men! time to kick Ass again
52nd out of 256 books — 181 voters
Storm Front by Jim ButcherDead Beat by Jim ButcherChanges by Jim ButcherTurn Coat by Jim ButcherSummer Knight by Jim Butcher
Urban Fantasy non romance/action
94th out of 176 books — 213 voters

More lists with this book...

Elspeth
Loved it just as much the second time reading as the first!
Celia
Storyline: Glenn-tastic? Glen-tactular? Splen-Glenn-did? Ok, I tried to come up with a play on Glenn Bullion’s name, but I just couldn’t. But, that doesn’t mean that Demonspawn was any less amazing!

Alex Teague is a sweet guy, a little on the shy side and definitely lacking in self-confidence. What Alex doesn’t know is that he has a lot more to offer the world than just his inability to dance. Alex is going through some changes and isn’t quite sure how to handle them. Luckily, he has his best fri
MLE
A really enjoyable read. The plot was engaging, and the characters were complex and well drawn (even the side characters). I love the different take on paranormal elements, and love how well grounded the mundane events were. Well written, and I am looking forward to reading more from this author.
Ami
This book came to me by way of recommendations. I actually purchased it last year but hadn't gotten the will to read it. Until this month, when my personal reading challenge theme for May was "Urban Fantasy With Male Protagonist". Thought the story fit...

It was a fun read -- Alex, the narrator was one of those nice boy. Even if we got he glimpse of how far he would WILLING to do, especially if bad people became truly dangerous for the people he loved, I couldn't help to think that Alex was still
Jaidis Shaw
Ghosts, demons, and vampires all intertwined with sexual tension...what more can you ask for in a book? Demonspawn by Glenn Bullion has all of those things and so much more. Once I started reading, I literally could not stop until I had finished it. With just the right amounts of action, suspense, and intrigue, the reader is taken on a wild ride with Alex who is seemingly an ordinary guy just trying to find his place in the world. Until he discovers that he can see and talk to ghosts and that de ...more
Gareth Otton
I wasn't expecting much from this one as the premise seemed a little too familiar to the other demon books I have read before, but in the end it really blew me away. That's not to say that this book is fantastically original, but it is certainly a great deal of fun.

This is the story of Alex Teague, his best friend Cindy and his sister Alicia. They've been friends with each other since they were little more than toddlers. They've survived school together along with all the challenges that has th
John
Gave it a shot and liked it. The only annoying thing was the way to long wait for the main to get with the girl. I liked the cosmology(3 realms that we know of at least) he has come up with and the way the different powers work. There is still room for a lot of stories in the world and I will be checking them out...
Jerry Hanel
A very interesting paranormal ride. Alex is forced to come to grips with the fact that he's not quite human. The characters in the book are very vivid and real, and the storyline is nearly perfect, taking you from mundane teen life through so much more (I don't want to spoil it for anyone). Some people have mentioned that there are typos in the book. I only noticed three, and I've seen more than that from "best-seller" books. There may have been more, but I was too engrossed by the story to noti ...more
A.E.
Mar 07, 2011 A.E. added it
As the plot summary suggests, the novel is essentially about a guy named Alex who finds out that he has demonic powers and that he’s actually part demon himself (when you find out how, it’s more interesting that it initially sounds). Alex’s BFF is a Black girl named Cindy who he’s known since kindergarten when he stood up to a bully for her and got a lighter to the arm for his trouble. But instead of his flesh burning, nothing happened to him. This sets up what’s to come, and as Alex enters high ...more
Tishia (Paperback Opinion)
I was pleasantly surprised by Demonspawn. It's about a guy named Alex who, after many years, realizes that he is part demon. Not only does he have to deal with all these changes that keep happening to him, he also tries to deal with his feelings for his best friend Cindy. The story starts out with Alex and Cindy meeting in elementary school, and takes them throughout high school to adulthood. I liked seeing these two grow up together, and the many instances that resulted in sexual tension. I als ...more
Wenj
4.5 STARS

Review provided by Black Lagoon Reviews:

Demonspawn by Glenn Bullion is a wonderful mix of horror, urban fantasy with just a twist of sexual tension to strum you along late in to the night. Thrilling, suspenseful, action packed and above all else utterly engaging, this novel kept me up far past my bedtime eager to know more about these wonderful characters and the intricate and mysterious world they live in.

First off, let me just say the scope of this novel was amazing. We literally foll
1000 +
My Blurb:

Alex is a normal guy working at a loading dock, a great big brother and an awesome best friend to Cindy, the girl he's known since kindergarten and also has the worlds biggest crush on. Who knew that normal could become some weird?

Alex stumbles into a world he didn't know existed and quickly becomes mixed up in Vampire politics, the leader of the Demon world and savior of all man kind.

He's had a busy couple of weeks. Being a Demon ain't easy.

Lets Talk About It:

This was a great book.
Penelope Frost
Wow, I mean wow. This is one really great story.
The characters are amazing, the setting is amazing, the plot and the story - everything about this one is just amazing. I can't believe nobody's read it yet but then I'm the first to read and comment on it.
At first I thought that Alex's powers would develop rapidly and he would have trouble with them but that's not how it happened. I liked how he got them and how he handles his problems.
I adored Cindy - she's so great in how she handles her life an
Milen Semkov
If this book had an honest title, it would be Friend Zone. The entire book is centered on the protagonist's quest to get out of the friend zone and the outcome is transparent and predictable. There is a superficial side plot where some stuff happens, but it's mostly an excuse for the protagonist's stumbling progression through various stages of the friend zone. Also, the bad guys were such a caricature, especially in the final confrontation, that I felt offended. And the ending was a shameless d ...more
Lindsay Simms
2.75 stars.

Here's the thing: It wasn't necessarily a bad story. It was actually pretty interesting, and the pacing moved along nicely. My issue, like others', is that it feels like a first draft. I'd be surprised if a professional editor actually looked this over before it was published. Dear authors and publishers of the world: Just because a book is only being released in e-book form, does not mean that you can skimp on, to name a few things: grammar, typos, spelling, sentence structure, consi
Kathy
This was a cheap e-book to buy, but it's one I've really enjoyed and am sorry that it isn't available in a print edition. Alex Teague grows up thinking he is ordinary. He has a few strange episodes that don't really lead him to believe that he's truly strange. That doesn't happen till his early 20s when he finds he has a unique heritage that will lead him to find a world around him that he never suspected. I'd love to read sequel to this novel if it comes out.

Elisa Paige
My brother loaned this book to me via Kindle... along with about a bajillion other books I didn't have time to read over Christmas. Ah well, sleep is overrated.

Things I loved: the voice, the brother/sister bond, the value of friendship, great humor balancing surprisingly pleasant self-deprecation, and the MC's discovering his heritage/powers.

A definite "recommend."
Deborah
Demonspawn is a great summer beach read , adventure, romance, vampires and demons . All that was missing was my beloved zombies-nice added touch , that the author is from my hometown of Baltimore. Look forward to future books from Glenn Bullion
Damgaard78
Well written, entertaining good urban fantasy. Some good new twists to the genre, lots of the regular good stuff and easy to read (not full of grammatical errors as else often is seen).
J Dale Breedlove
Great story. This is the 2nd book I've read by this author and so far my favorite. Hope to see a sequel. I can see this cast of characters having more adventures.
Mark D
Well...that was unexpectedly good. I love a first person Urban Fantasy story, and Alex was an good character to be stuck inside of learning as he does.

I liked how it started from when he was a kid as well, the flash forwards (I'm stuck using this word since Lost...damnit) err time skips were well paced.

I'm going to continue on to the 2nd book, as it looks like each book is about a new character in this universe. Interested to see if there is a central plot that will eventually tie it all in toge
Marianne
While this sounded good, in theory, I'm afraid the execution felt flat. Alex had such an interesting background, but his story felt fragmented, anechdotal. There were too many time jumps to fully connect with Alex, his friends and his gradual understanding of who he was.

I would have liked it a whole lot better if the author had explored his demon heritage in a little more detail. Not to mention, "played" with them a little more often;-)

Still, the demonic puppy thingie was cute... in a disturbing
Katherine
Honestly, I bought this on a lark when I realized I had already bought a book from this author and felt I needed to read earlier in the series. I am really glad I did. I enjoyed the book immensely. I will say the obvious love between the main character and his best friend was a little annoying in that the whole world knew how they felt (except them, maybe). But that truly wasn't the focus of the book and was more of a side plot. I liked how the author continued to flesh out the main character an ...more
Gwilym Meyrick
Ok so at first this book started to read like a YA book, no problems with that as im a big fan of YA even at my age. Then everything got better. the main character draws you in and the storylines are amazing. My suggestion to everyone is get a copy and see what you think.
Alex
I really enjoyed this book.

I thought Alex, Cindy, Alicia and Victoria are all great characters. I love stories about the supernatural and this was chalk full of it.

Demons, vampires, ghosts? What's not to love.
Patsy
This was a very surprising and enjoyable read. I couldn't put it down until I finished. I am looking forward to the rest of the series.
Glenda
Good read!
Edwin Zheng
I thought this book was great and I have no complaints whatsoever, which is rare. The character development is thorough and complete. The pacing was perfect, never going too fast or too slow. And the romance was nice and sweet. Now i can only hope that the last few books are just as good.
JK
I can't believe I finished this.

Let's just do a list....

Poor, poor writing and formating.
Omnipotent main character.
Plot is allllllll over the place.
Unrealistic characters and character interactions.
Zero development of, well, anything.
And so on....

Nico
Reads like a first draft. Fanfic level quality plot and writing... Not really good or enjoyable, but what it does have going for it is the pacing. It builds up a kind of momentum that keeps you going to the end.

Supernatural Fict...: My novel Demonspawn - looking for reviewers 5 16 Dec 06, 2010 06:12AM
  • Fallen Stars (Demon Accords, #5)
  • Red Moon Demon  (Demon Lord, #1)
  • Scary Dead Things (The Tome of Bill, #2)
  • Mistress of Souls (Keeley Thomson, #3)
  • Zero Sum (Zero Sight, #2)
  • Into The Abyss (Demons of Astlan, #1)
  • Immortal (Immortal, #1)
  • The (sort of) Dark Mage (Waldo Rabbit, #1)
  • Good Intentions (Good Intentions, #1)
  • Evil Dark (Occult Crimes Unit Investigation, #2)
  • Hard Day's Knight (Black Knight Chronicles, #1)
  • The Road to Magic (Way of the Demon, #1)
  • Circle of Enemies (Twenty Palaces, #3)

Damned and Cursed (5 books)
  • A Witch to Live (Damned and Cursed, #2)
  • Jack Kursed (Damned and Cursed, #3)
  • Demon's Doorway (Damned and Cursed, #4)
  • Witch's Kurse (Damned and Cursed, #5)
Jack Kursed (Damned and Cursed, #3) A Witch to Live (Damned and Cursed, #2) Dead Living Demon's Doorway (Damned and Cursed, #4) Witch's Kurse (Damned and Cursed, #5)

“What time is it?”
“One o'clock.”
I nearly spit out some soda. “In the
afternoon?”
“No. In the morning. Don't let that damn
sunlight fool you. It lies.”
2 likes