Start by marking “The Rest Is Propaganda” as Want to Read:
The Rest Is Propaganda

The Rest Is Propaganda

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Published 2010 by Southern Records :[distributor] Southern Records

To ask other readers questions about The Rest Is Propaganda, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rest Is Propaganda

Jules Fry
This is not just a honest and gritty journey through the revolutions of Punk and Crass et al. Its also a first class tale capturing the feeling of the pure desolation of the no-hope horizon offered to a working class child in 60's/70's Dagenham and the yearning for more than a xerox copy of their parents' life sentence. Not a desire for status or money but just to be yourself and the endless hard graft to do that. Inspiring.

A reminder you should always thrive to keep alight that spark which firs
Joseph

This is the life of an artist, and no need to worry your pretty little heads about it, Steve Ignorant IS an artist. In fact, he's one of the greatest rock and roll singers for one of the greatest rock and roll bands of all time. If you want to talk punk rock, then I'll say Crass is the ultimate and leave it at that.

Yes there are great Crass stories here, but for me the most interesting part is Steve's childhood and adolescence. I felt like I was there with him pacing around that empty little apa
Jonathan
This is Steve Ignorant's autobiography rather than a book about Crass. As such it is split into 3 sections: BC (Before Crass - 113 pages), DC (During Crass - 74 pages) and AC (After Crass - 110 pages). Though most people (myself included) would initially want the DC section to be longer, after reading the book I think that Steve got it right. In a way the AC section is the most interesting as Steve explains how he coped after the end of Crass.

The book is written by Steve with help from Steve Pot
Gillian
I loved this book. It was great to read detailed accounts of all the old CRASS gigs. Steve Ignorant played in Dublin two years ago, so I went to see him in a book shop when he was talking about this book and the history of CRASS. And of courses I went to see him play that night, what an amazing gig!

I deducted a star from this book because of the last chapter. The things said about Colin Jerwood are untrue, as I had guessed they would be. Steve Ignorant has since apologised to Colin Jerwood and t
Andy Arnold
Andy Arnold marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Anugrah Esa
Anugrah Esa marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Rich
Rich marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Simona
Simona marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Pauline Ratcliffe
Pauline Ratcliffe marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
David Kenny
David Kenny marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
David Bitler
David Bitler marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
J Clarkson
J Clarkson marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Laurance
Laurance marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Flist
Flist marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Karina
Karina marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Drew Riekman
Drew Riekman marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Drew
Drew marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014