Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “Robbins Basic Pathology Updated Edition” as Want to Read:
Robbins Basic Pathology Updated Edition
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

Robbins Basic Pathology Updated Edition

4.24  ·  Rating Details ·  1,466 Ratings  ·  68 Reviews
This resource offers balanced, accurate and up-to-date coverage of the core topics in human pathology. Its clinicopathologic orientation highlights the impact of molecular pathology on the practice of medicine. And, it integrates clinical and anatomic pathology, and discusses laboratory diagnosis of specific disorders.
Hardcover, With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 873 pages
Published December 23rd 2004 by W.B. Saunders Company (first published 1974)
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about Robbins Basic Pathology Updated Edition, please sign up.

Popular Answered Questions

Ebasa reduced or cut blood supply to the cells
This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Add this book to your favorite list »

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  Rating Details
Abdulaziz Albabtain
The bible of pathology.
صالح القريان
المصدر الأول لعلم الأمراض في تقريباً كل كليات الطب في العالم.
يغطي كل جوانب الأمراض وأحياناً يتطرق للعلاج على مضض.
كل فصل مكتوب من متخصص بنوعية الأمراض وبالتالي هذه ميزة وعيب.
ميزة لأن بعضهم يكتب فصول رائعة جداً مثل فصل أمراض الكبد والبنكرياس وأمراض الرئة والجهاز التنفسي.
وهناك فصول بائسة كفصول أمراض القلب والمناعة.
لغته العلمية احترافية وسهلة. الشرح واضح في الغالب. لا يوجد توضيع للأشياء المهمة من غيرها إلا على نطاق ضيق. قليل الرسومات نسبياً. لكن كثير الصور أيضاً.
الكتاب لا يصلح للإعداد لإختبارات هيئة
...more
Jennifer Jacobs
This is my most favorite Med school book!
This comprehensive volume is a gorgeous medical Textbook (yes,text books can be gorgeous too!I used this word for this book and it's not a typo just to be clear!)
Robbin's is that book which would take you to the next level in 2nd year of med school!In Indian system 1st year of med school is awful and for over 95% students,the biggest worry is how to survive the 1st year,ragging,English language,most dreaded vivas etc!But once you scramp through the 1st ye
...more
Laili
Apr 17, 2011 Laili rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
there is just one problem with this book. IT'S TOO HEAVY. my shoulder muscles got hypertrophied from carrying it around in my satchel to class. as a result my body is no longer symmetrical because i usually let the left shoulder alone to suffer. (<--- kidding)

otherwise it's the coolest pathology book ever. it helped me a lot. :DD
Osama
Sep 11, 2009 Osama rated it it was amazing
Shelves: medical
one my favorite books during medical school
if you master it, you don't have to read another pathology book
Paul Gunn
Jun 25, 2008 Paul Gunn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The bible of pathology.
Ao
May 18, 2009 Ao rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Comprehensive and very illustrative textbook, helpful in identifying slides in pathology class but a must if you want to understand surgical pathology.
Byron Pitts
Apr 17, 2008 Byron Pitts rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best pathology resource EVER.
Tim
Oct 31, 2011 Tim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A classic read, real page turner.
Halah Ahmad
Update : 17 Apr 2013

my love for pathology is infinite

------


Update : 21 feb 2013

Back to basic , my re-studying for my 6th year's finals

------

Original review : 2009

This is the only book i LOVE in all the medical basic books i HAD to study from . The only book i would read it just because . My worn-out copy is indication of how much I did that :)

This is the reason what I want to be pathologist :)
Ahmar
Jan 28, 2011 Ahmar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference
Finally, a science text to rival the unbridled, carnal sexiness of my infectious disease epidemiology text (Infectious Disease Epidemiology: Theory And Practice).
Alexia
Currently saving my life.
Veysel Doğan
Oct 07, 2007 Veysel Doğan rated it it was amazing
very good a pathology book
ı recommend the book for you
Monika
Nov 12, 2011 Monika rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: university
An extensive, complete and at times too extensive read. Even though I'm studying at a German university it's THE BOOK for our pathology classes.
I think it's the prototype of the "only textbook you'll ever have to get for this subject" book. The chapters themselves are a good read and very in depth if you want to familiarize yourself with the subject (though I sometimes found the writing to be a bit informal, but that might just be me) and the summaries and morphology boxes are a good way to rev
...more
Mohummed Al Refai
Feb 06, 2017 Mohummed Al Refai rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: medicine
كتاب ممتاز، غني بالصور والتفاصيل العلمية.
الكتاب يتناول الأمراض التي تصيب كل عضو على حدة، فهناك قسم لأمراض الكبد وآخر للرأة وثالث للكلية.
الكتاب يخدم كمرجع يستخدمه الطالب ليزداد علماً في مجالاً ما أو يجيب على تساؤلاتٍ تخطر على باله، لكنه -حسب رأيي- غير مناسب ليُدرس كله أو ليتُذاكر أو تُراجع المعلومات منه.
أنصح به لكل طالب طب مهما كان اختصاصه، أما بالنسبة لطلاب التشريح المرضي، فلا بد من تواجده في متناولهم.
Wajid
Jan 18, 2013 Wajid rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: usmle-step-1
Well written book. I have not finished it but I don't think I would. Everytime I got to a chapter I had the impression that the chapter would never end. Overall great read but just too much info good Reference definitely not a review
Gloria
you'd think this was some dry, informative, educational text on pathology but it's laced with quips, tongue in cheek comments on the immune system, cellular interactions via cytokines, obesity, even cancer. i highly recommend this text.
Becks Anderson
this book is dense, but it has pretty good descriptions of how diseases affect your body, which is good when you are seeing those diseases in real life too. i recommend having a good teacher too...unfortunately i don't
Katelyn
This is my life now.
Vijay
May 22, 2008 Vijay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the one textbook in medical school that i think i will keep for the rest of my life.
Joel Giffin
Oct 12, 2007 Joel Giffin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
name a disease--there's anywhere from 2-50 pages on it in this book. Sometimes I read it just for fun. Mostly, though, I read because I have homework.
Alan
i love how i have perverted this website for leisure reading with the book that with its very existence denies me any time for leisure reading.
Hendrik Mengga
Jul 26, 2008 Hendrik Mengga rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: other medical student
Recommended to Hendrik by: nothing
buku ini mantap banget...emang seh isinya lebih sedikit dibandingkan robinns yang lain tapi...pokoknya enteng dibawa ke rumah sakit...hahaha
Caitlin
Oct 13, 2009 Caitlin is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Forget medical school -if you can memorize every page of this bloody thriller, you'll be the envy of every physician.
Ranita Terroe
Feb 18, 2013 Ranita Terroe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have not finished reading this book and will never ever stop referring to this book!
Kanza Asad
Jan 30, 2015 Kanza Asad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
its great!
Sadiq  M Merchant
Bible of pathology/pathophysiology, discover the real fun of medicine, and being a doctor
Wail Yar
it has a difficult words to understand ! but it's really worth of info. !
سارة عايد
Nov 22, 2013 سارة عايد rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pathology is my favorite basic medical subject :) and I love this book
Robyn
Good illustrations! Bought for pharmacy school as a reference, even though it wasn't used for any actual class.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
  • Textbook of Medical Physiology
  • Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
  • Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple
  • Bates' Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking, with E-Book
  • Atlas of Human Anatomy
  • First Aid for the USMLE Step 1: A Student-To-Student Guide
  • Review of Medical Physiology
  • Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews: Biochemistry
  • Color Atlas of Anatomy: A Photographic Study of the Human Body
  • Histology: A Text and Atlas: With Correlated Cell and  Molecular Biology
  • Physiology (Board Review Series)
  • Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews: Microbiology
  • Medical Microbiology
  • Medical Physiology, Updated Edition: With Student Consult Online Access
  • Basic & Clinical Pharmacology
  • Clinically Oriented Anatomy
  • Davidson's Principles & Practice of Medicine
  • Rapid Interpretation of EKG's

Share This Book