Start by marking “Robbins Basic Pathology Updated Edition” as Want to Read:
Robbins Basic Pathology Updated Edition

Robbins Basic Pathology Updated Edition

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  1,180 ratings  ·  62 reviews
This resource offers balanced, accurate and up-to-date coverage of the core topics in human pathology. Its clinicopathologic orientation highlights the impact of molecular pathology on the practice of medicine. And, it integrates clinical and anatomic pathology, and discusses laboratory diagnosis of specific disorders.
Hardcover, With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 873 pages
Published December 23rd 2004 by W.B. Saunders Company (first published 1974)

To ask other readers questions about Robbins Basic Pathology Updated Edition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Robbins Basic Pathology Updated Edition

صالح القريان
المصدر الأول لعلم الأمراض في تقريباً كل كليات الطب في العالم.
يغطي كل جوانب الأمراض وأحياناً يتطرق للعلاج على مضض.
كل فصل مكتوب من متخصص بنوعية الأمراض وبالتالي هذه ميزة وعيب.
ميزة لأن بعضهم يكتب فصول رائعة جداً مثل فصل أمراض الكبد والبنكرياس وأمراض الرئة والجهاز التنفسي.
وهناك فصول بائسة كفصول أمراض القلب والمناعة.
لغته العلمية احترافية وسهلة. الشرح واضح في الغالب. لا يوجد توضيع للأشياء المهمة من غيرها إلا على نطاق ضيق. قليل الرسومات نسبياً. لكن كثير الصور أيضاً.
الكتاب لا يصلح للإعداد لإختبارات هيئة
there is just one problem with this book. IT'S TOO HEAVY. my shoulder muscles got hypertrophied from carrying it around in my satchel to class. as a result my body is no longer symmetrical because i usually let the left shoulder alone to suffer. (<--- kidding)

otherwise it's the coolest pathology book ever. it helped me a lot. :DD
Comprehensive and very illustrative textbook, helpful in identifying slides in pathology class but a must if you want to understand surgical pathology.
one my favorite book during medical school
if you master it, you don't have to read another pathology book
A classic read, real page turner.
Byron Pitts
Best pathology resource EVER.
Paul Gunn
The bible of pathology.
Jennifer Jacobs
This is my most favorite Med school book!
This comprehensive volume is a gorgeous medical Textbook (yes,text books can be gorgeous too!I used this word for this book and it's not a typo just to be clear!)
Robbin's is that book which would take you to the next level in 2nd year of med school!In Indian system 1st year of med school is awful and for over 95% students,the biggest worry is how to survive the 1st year,ragging,English language,most dreaded vivas etc!But once you scramp through the 1st ye
Update : 17 Apr 2013

my love for pathology is infinite

Update : 21 feb 2013

Back to basic , my re-studying for my 6th year's finals

Original review : 2009

This is the only book i LOVE in all the medical basic books i HAD to study from . The only book i would read it just because . My worn-out copy is indication of how much I did that :)

This is the reason what I want to be pathologist :)
Finally, a science text to rival the unbridled, carnal sexiness of my infectious disease epidemiology text (Infectious Disease Epidemiology: Theory And Practice).
Veysel Doğan
very good a pathology book
ı recommend the book for you
Currently saving my life.
An extensive, complete and at times too extensive read. Even though I'm studying at a German university it's THE BOOK for our pathology classes.
I think it's the prototype of the "only textbook you'll ever have to get for this subject" book. The chapters themselves are a good read and very in depth if you want to familiarize yourself with the subject (though I sometimes found the writing to be a bit informal, but that might just be me) and the summaries and morphology boxes are a good way to rev
Well written book. I have not finished it but I don't think I would. Everytime I got to a chapter I had the impression that the chapter would never end. Overall great read but just too much info good Reference definitely not a review
you'd think this was some dry, informative, educational text on pathology but it's laced with quips, tongue in cheek comments on the immune system, cellular interactions via cytokines, obesity, even cancer. i highly recommend this text.
Erika E S
A riesgo de su opinión, es un libro bastante entretenido para leer, y sobretodo útil para aprender Anatomía Patológica.
Becks Anderson
this book is dense, but it has pretty good descriptions of how diseases affect your body, which is good when you are seeing those diseases in real life too. i recommend having a good teacher too...unfortunately i don't
Joel Giffin
name a disease--there's anywhere from 2-50 pages on it in this book. Sometimes I read it just for fun. Mostly, though, I read because I have homework.
Hendrik Mengga
Jul 26, 2008 Hendrik Mengga rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: other medical student
Recommended to Hendrik by: nothing
buku ini mantap banget...emang seh isinya lebih sedikit dibandingkan robinns yang lain tapi...pokoknya enteng dibawa ke rumah sakit...hahaha
i love how i have perverted this website for leisure reading with the book that with its very existence denies me any time for leisure reading.
Juvenal Nkeramahame
An American book on the mechanism of disease. Good for the enthusiastic student that ever yearns to know more than his classmates.
Gak cuma buat pre tes Patologi Anatomi, tapi juga bisa buat bantal. Hahaha.. Saya suka buku ini. Bahasa Inggrisnya enak dibaca.
Good illustrations! Bought for pharmacy school as a reference, even though it wasn't used for any actual class.
Sadiq  M Merchant
Bible of pathology/pathophysiology, discover the real fun of medicine, and being a doctor
Ranita Terroe
I have not finished reading this book and will never ever stop referring to this book!
the one textbook in medical school that i think i will keep for the rest of my life.
Rakan Alswayel
خرافي جدا لدراسة علم الأمراض ، شخصيا ماقد قريت غيره للباثولوجي ، شامل وكافي
Amazing piece of literature to study Pathology but it is too time consuming.
Wail Yar
it has a difficult words to understand ! but it's really worth of info. !
  • Textbook of Medical Physiology
  • Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews: Biochemistry
  • Color Atlas of Anatomy: A Photographic Study of the Human Body
  • Histology: A Text and Atlas: With Correlated Cell and  Molecular Biology
  • Clinically Oriented Anatomy
  • Physiology (Board Review Series)
  • First Aid for the USMLE Step 1: A Student-To-Student Guide