Start by marking “Prince of Hazel and Oak (Shadowmagic, #2)” as Want to Read:
Prince of Hazel and Oak (Shadowmagic, #2)

Prince of Hazel and Oak (Shadowmagic #2)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  816 ratings  ·  62 reviews
The eagerly-awaited sequel to Shadowmagic. Having returned to the real world from Tir Na Nog at the end of the last book, our hero Conor finds himself arrested for the murder of his father. When he explains to the cops that his dad is safe and well and enjoying life as king of a land of elves, imps and banshees they understandably think he is a nutcase. That is until he is ...more
Published April 28th 2011 by The Friday Project

To ask other readers questions about Prince of Hazel and Oak, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prince of Hazel and Oak

Infected by Scott SiglerEarthcore by Scott SiglerThe Rookie by Scott SiglerNocturnal by Scott SiglerAncestor by Scott Sigler
Best Free Audiobooks
71st out of 158 books — 475 voters
The Help by Kathryn StockettHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingThe Book Thief by Markus ZusakBossypants by Tina Fey
Best Audiobooks
273rd out of 900 books — 588 voters

More lists with this book...

Mikayla
This book is the second book in the Shadowmagic trilogy by John Lenahan and have to say that this was even better than the first.

Everything about this book was either just as good or better than the first. The plot for example was full of twists and turns, although often predictable, enjoyable and entertaining all the same.

It's pretty easy to get into this book and think John Lenahan does an excellent job of getting you into the book quickly. The dialogue appears to be minor and there is some c
Ancestral Gael
This is the sequel to " Shadowmagic " by John Lenahan and, despite being aimed at young men, these books appeal to me immensely. Okay, so I haven't actually read the books but listened to the podcasts downloadable from iTunes and Podiobooks, but I am going to buy the books and I am going to give them to friends because I think that John Lenahan knows how to write a rip-roaring tale. Yes, the main character is a bit obnoxious at times, but show me a teenage boy that isn't.

The Shadowmagic series
F.A. Hershey
There isn't much to say about the sequel to Shadowmagic but this: WOW.
This is the kind of book that you need to pause every now and then while you're reading and take a breath - it's pure adventure and more. I could totally see this as a TV series - something like BBC Merlin and all its swashbuckling characters!
I love the main protagonist - Conor, Prince of Duir - and his sense of humour; his witty jokes whenever he is in mortal peril cracked me up.
I really do hope Mr Lenahan is pouring his h
Jodi
Once again John Lenahan has created a good clean fantasy that keeps me coming back week after week to hear what is going to happen next in this wonder land that he's created. Oh to be so talented! The characters have depth, the story has humor and evokes emotions as the story developes. I feel like I i know these characters and not only that but I've come to love them as well.
Truly good story telling and one that I will recommend to any one who loves this genre.
Craig Anderson
One chapter left and another great adventure. I purchased the limited edition, softbood and kindle edition of the first to support this book and the author. Yes, it is that good. Hazel and Oak is on par with the quality we have come expect. Another banner year for John Lenahan. Get it, listen or buy it, well worth the time and expense.
Waterstone's Camberley
At last the long awaited sequel to Shadowmagic is here. Fab book. Once picked up I guarantee you won't be able to put this down. As excting as the first one I hope this is the second in a long long line of Shadowmagic books. If you like fantasy you will love this book.
Noor Jahangir
The Prince of Hazel and Oak is the sequel to Shadowmagic. Conor's return to Earth wasn't as joyful as he expected. His home looks like a disaster movie set, his girlfriend isn't interested in him anymore and besides, doesn't measure up to his Tir Na Nogian girlfriend Essa and the Police have questions about his father that he can't answer. So he does what most teenagers being held by the Police for a murder they didn't commit would do, scream for Mummy.
Mummy, Deidre, happens to be a powerful Sha
Mark
The sequel to Shadowmagic, and the second book in the series of the same name is a well crafted tale and doesn't disappoint. The pacing borders on leaving the reader breathless and the world is so well built that this has been a true joy to read.

The introduction to Brendan, a Scranton cop, to the list of characters leads to a brilliant first few chapters. His reactions to The Land had me cracking up. Connor is sympathetic to his plight, unlike the rest of denizens which leads to some memorable d
It's been about a month since I last listened to this one & it had taken me at least a month to get 15 chapters in so I'm not going to try & carry on listening to this one. Unfortunately it just wasn't for me but I tend to get distracted when listening to audiobooks and lose track of the story. I'd probably have liked this more if I'd picked up a print copy so please don't let me put you off giving it a try
Hannah Castell
Funny, enchanting, emotional.. Loved it.
Alexa
Jacob Donley
I am a newcomer to the Shadowmagic series. I found the audiobooks via podcast and instantly fell in love with the series from book one. I had to go out and buy the Kindle versions. THE PRINCE OF HAZEL AND OAK is the second book of the SHADOWMAGIC series. It takes place shortly after where the first book, the self titled book, SHADOWMAGIC, left off.

Conor having already had one adventure in Tir na Nog, the magical land of the ancient Celts, is arrested for the supposed death of his father who is
Cherry Mischievous
Narrative Evaluation:

First and foremost, let me say that the best part about this book is the humour! This book had me laughing out loud one minute and crying the next. Good thing I was in the house. Or else some well-meaning strangers would have called the authorities and they would surely lock me away in a padded room. Secondly, this book, even though it is part of a series has a well-structured story with a main dilemma and a satisfying ending which fits snuggly into the main story arc of th
Nadin Boegelsack
It's an entertaining enough story if you're not looking for anything that might surprise you. I haven't read the first one and I was still able to predict pretty much the whole story in advance (including the very last moment). The main character was a bit annoying at times but he does have his moments.
Overall, it's not a bad book, it probably makes for a great holiday read, but it doesn't make me want to pick up any other books from that series.
Keely
In which Conor returns to magical Tir Na Nog and unwittingly drags along a real-world police detective who suspects Conor of killing his father. Back in The Land, Conor actually works to save his ailing dad, going on a quest to find the right magic to save him. Along the way, he befriends brownies, pooka, mermaids and more. Conor also struggles with his feelings for warrior-maiden Esa, who has gotten herself engaged to a banshee in his absence. Before the end, Conor must fight in an epic battle ...more
Weston Kincade
After reading Shadowmagic, I was happy to find the sequel. It was a great story that left both my wife and I spellbound. We love Conor's tales, the humor, and his evolving life in Tir Na Nog. It's a great series for youths and adults. John Lenahan is weaving a wonderful tale of adventure, loss, and overcoming the hurdles life always manages to throw your way as you grow into adulthood. As I'm sure Mother Oak would agree, although "fun" seems to be replaced by "responsibility" as you grow older, ...more
Tianna
I did really enjoy this sequel to the amazing "Shadowmagic"!!
I thought the beginning was a little....too much...I didn't love it, but the book was good!
There were a few real cliché moments and aspects I didn't like....but don't want to spoil anything so I won't say what!
John Lenahan does such a good job with his books that even though when I really look at it, there are some cliché aspects, I still loved the book!....I don't know how he does it!
It was worth it!
I would say I can't wait for the th
Nalle42
I realy liked this book!
The rest of the review will be in swedish.

Den här boken har flera fördelar. Den är inte allt för lång, den har korta kapitel och den är avslutad. Med detta menar jag att den inte känns oöverkomlig när man är lite trött på att läsa. Den är bra att ha i väskan då man hinner läsa ett kapitel eller ett avsnitt när man väntar på något eller sitter på bussen. Man blir inte frustrerad när man läst färdigt för att nästa bok ännu inte kommit ut.

Boken är lättläst och handlingen bra
Shannon
Great second story! The "love" story was super weak and kind of annoying because I didn't get the chemistry at all, but the rest of the story was great. I'm really looking forward to the third one.
Carl
Better than the first which was already pretty good. The humour was more developed, the new characters excellent
Sasha
Heaps better then the first book looking forward to te last book!!!
Jannene
I loved this book as much as the last one. It was a very enjoyable read. It is a fantasy type book with Imps, Elves, Brownies, Pookas, Mermaids, and Faeries. It sounds like a childish book but it was so good. They have a war, and have to save a king, and the Prince is accused of murdering his father. It was an action packed book that made the pages turn quickly. Prince of Hazel and Oak
Browncoatpaladin
I loved the first book (Shadowmagic) and was excited when the sequel came out. Sadly, work kept me from getting at it for a while but I listened to the audio version this week and just couldn't stop! The storytelling and characters are amazing. Lenahan's tale of adventure in the Land is sure to delight folks of all ages.

And if you ever get a chance to meet John, I highly recommend it. He is by far the funniest and nicest guy you will ever meet.
Andy Angel
Jun 27, 2011 Andy Angel rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: suzie irby
This book is a direct follow on to Shadowmagic and is even better (in my opinion). The style is very much in the vein of David Eddings and Terry Brooks - lots of different peoples and places to be visited, which make The Land come alive on the page. Some things you can see coming a mile away but there are also a lot of moments that really blindside the reader.
Thoroughly enjoyed this book and very much looking forward to the next installment.
Doris
A worthy follow up to Shadowmagic, continuing with the story of Conor, who had thought he was an ordinary teenager, but is learning that that's not quite true. He and we learn more about the land of his heritage and it's a wonderful journey, with action, adventure and all important moments of humour as well as menace. I love these stories and am already looking forward to the next installment. Beautifully written and compelling to read.
Luanne
Excellent sequel to Shadowmagic. This series is a fun read/listen that brings a teenager into a fantasy world that he grew up to believe was make believe, but it is where his family belongs. Conor brings the teenage humor and way of looking at the world to his new life in Tir Na Nog. But which life does he want to live in.
Great audio that was read by the author. In the audio it was stated that a third book was coming.
Tim
Wonderfully crafted trilogy, I could not put the book down... Know that feeling when you glance at the clock and it's 3am and think "Oh go on then, just one more chapter..."

The second instalment further developed the characters. A worthwhile read if you love Neil Gaiman. Looking forward to the third book!!
Claire Hill
Loved this second book in the Shadowmagic series. Connor has fallen to earth with a huge bump and he doesn't like what he finds. He finds himself arrested and comes clean about the land of Tir Na Nog to a sceptical FBI agent. We meet Connor's mum, a powerful witch, and journey back to Tir Na Nog, FBI agent and all.
A wonderful romp, beautifully written and left me eager to read the final book in the series.
Liz Greer
A really enjoyable sequel to the original Shadowmagic. Like all books for a predominatley young audience involving magic and other worlds, it will no doubt be described somehwere as "Harry Potter-esque". In reality it is much lighter in tone, with a real teenage character in the lead, who does silly things, gets scared, and thinks about girls. Pacey and fun. Would make a great film franchise.
Goodreads Librari...: ISBNs are unique for different editions, right? 7 50 Sep 09, 2011 12:49AM
  • Ravenwood
  • 7th Son: Deceit (Book Two in the 7th Son Trilogy)
  • Underwood and Flinch
  • Chasing the Bard (Fey #1)
  • Morevi: The Chronicles of Rafe and Askana (Book 1)
  • The Takeover (Podiobook)
  • Murder at Avedon Hill
  • Brave Men Run - A Novel of the Sovereign Era
  • Nina Kimberly the Merciless
  • Billibub Baddings and the Case of the Singing Sword
  • The Gearheart

Shadowmagic (3 books)
  • Shadowmagic (Shadowmagic, #1)
  • The Sons of Macha (Shadowmagic, #3)
Shadowmagic (Shadowmagic, #1) The Sons of Macha (Shadowmagic, #3) The Shadowmagic Trilogy