Stage Fright (Allie Finkle's Rules For Girls, #4)

Stage Fright (Allie Finkle's Rules For Girls #4)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  1,105 ratings  ·  87 reviews
Mrs. Hunter's fourth grade class is putting on a play! But Allie's theatrical hopes are crushed when she doesn't get cast as the princess -- the part that she wanted! Instead, Allie is cast as the evil queen. But as opening night approaches, Allie learns its not the size of the part, it's the size of the heart that really matters.

Praise for Allie Finkle and Meg Cabot:

Published November 1st 2009 by Scholastic (first published 2009)

Robin J.
I am currently reading the book, Stage Fright By; Meg Cabot. In this book there is a girl named Allie and it is going to be open house in her class in a few days. So Allie’s class is going to put on a play called Princess Penelope and realm of recycling. I remember the first time that I did a play I was so excited that I almost forgot my lines. Sofia, Erica, Kevin (Allie’s little brother) and Allie are walking home from school and Erica starts talking about their play, Allie has her mind set to...more
Jan
In this fourth volume of Allie's rules, there are fewer new rules. It is the time of year for class presentations, and Allie's class is going to put on a play, "Princess Penelope in the Realm of Recycling." Of course, Cheyenne wants to play Princess Penelope, but so do all the other girls in the class!

There are great and entertaining scenes with Allie and her best friend competing for the Princess role, but there is also an overload of ridiculous green characters -- compact fluorescent bulb fair...more
Tracy
Cute book. My daughter, who is Allie's age exactly, enjoyed it, as did I, although my daughter's opinion was that the play sounded a bit silly, and she could not imagine her classmates being excited to put it on. I think Uncle Jay should get his degree in child psychology. He always knows what to say to Allie to help her figure things out herself.

One little thing bothers me about these books: Allie's mom is a chair of a department at the college, and now she's taken on a second job as a movie re...more
IndyPL Kids Book Blog
Allie Finkle’s back with more rules for girls. Her class is putting on a play and Mrs. Hunter announces that the students must audition for the parts. Allie is sure she wants to audition for the main part, Princess Penelope, so she can wear a pretty dress and a tiara and be the star. But before she can say which part she wants to audition for, her friend Sophie says SHE wants to be Penelope too. The auditions pit friend against friend for the most coveted parts. It’s a competition and some good...more
Brett
Honestly, Meg Cabot has got to have some actual fourth-graders on her payroll. She channels the things they think, say, & do so well that it's kind of uncanny at points, & because of that, I have to imagine these books are incredibly popular with the elementary age set for that reason alone. She nails it so well that I feel like I'm reading about myself in fourth grade, & that's a feat considering just how many years ago that was. There may not have been cell phones then, but having...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Michaela Pallante aka "Mickey" for TeensReadToo.com

Allie Finkle's fourth grade class is putting on a play and Allie really, really wants the part of the main character, Princess Penelope. The only problem is that so does almost every other girl in her class, including one of her best friends, Sophie, and snobby Cheyenne.

Allie's not worried, though. With help from her ex-theater major Uncle Jay and her mom's new "Celebrity" job as a movie critic on a local cable show, she's sure to ge...more
Shaniya
I liked this book a lot.I liked it because it was realistic.The whole book was realistic because the things that happened in this book can happen in real life.For example, your class can have a play and you want the lead but your friend wants it more than you do.That can really happen.
You would like this book if you like The Princess Diaries or the Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls series.You would like this book because Meg Cabot wrote both books and this apart of the series.This is book 4.
Their w...more
Runa

Stage Fright comes out strong, setting a very powerful and perfect tone to a great story. This series really is great for fans of Barbara Park's snarky Junie B. Jones. It's the same brand of humor, and fans who may have outgrown Junie and are looking for something new to read will definitely find the same type of honest outlook on the world from Allie. Cabot is really good at keeping up with current pop culture and putting in age appropriate references, which would make the books all the more ap...more
Allie
This book is interesting to me because the main character's name is called Allie and I am also called Allie. So this book is about Mrs. Hunter class is going to put on a play. Allie really wants to be the princess as her role. She tried very hard on it. But Mrs. Hunter thinks Allie will do good at the role of the evil queen. She was very disappointed at first. But it turns out to be the biggest role than other's, even the princess's role. So she now know that it's not because Mrs. Hunter doesn'...more
Jessica Mitchell
Jessica Mitchell, 10
Stage Fright
Meg Cabot

I liked this book better then the last installment of 'Allie Finkles Rules For Girls'. The front and backcover layouts were very clever, I liked them.
A nice thing about this book, was that there were plenty of plot twists, and little clifthangers. Therefore, even though the writing was kind of dull and slow, (thats why its four, not five stars) , it was a real page turner.
Another reason I liked this book, was, that it was chick-lit. You can see it in th...more
Elena
Mar 27, 2013 Elena marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ambre, Messaline and Angela
Recommended to Elena by: My sister
Stage Fright
Meg Cabot
5 stars
This book is really great. It is about 2 friends who both try out for the same part in the school play. They both really want.But only one gets it. They do their best to not spoil their friendship because of this, but there are a few consequences. If I had to choose, I would choose Allie as a friend. She is funny, nice and I find is the most like me because she has younger siblings. Also she treats her friends the way I treat mine.
Similar books like this one are Movin...more
Shonda
3.5 Stars

Allie Finkle and her fourth grade class are putting on play for the school’s open house. Everyone is really excited to audition and several students want to be the lead. Including Allie’s BFF Sophie and Cheyenne, a mean girl in Allie’s class.

After reading through the play, Allie decides she wants to try out for the Princess too and asks her Uncle Jay for help. Allie isn’t sure how Sophie will react when she finds out Allie is auditioning too, but Allie doesn’t allow this to hold her bac...more
Ubalstecha
When she finds out her class is going to put on a play about recycling, Allie is cetain that she will get the role of the princess. So you can imagine how devistated she is when Mrs. Hunter gives Allie the role of the evil Queen. Allie manages to find the good in the bad, though, even beging to enjoy her role, but when her friend Sophie lets the role of the princess go to her head, can Allie fix the problem before the big show?

Another good installment in the series. Cabot has a good ear for the...more
Melissa
Allie is a fourth grade student.
Realistic Fiction

Allie wants the school lead in her class play, so do all the other girls. She tries out even though one of her best friends also wants the part. She doesn't get the part but gets another good character. It takes her a while to warm up to playing that part but she does it and does it well. Then her friend Sophie accuses her of stealing the show. Soon Sophie is out of the play and Cheyenne, who is not a nice girl, has the lead and Allie doesn't want...more
Guinevere
Completely charming, sweet read!
Juliet
Mar 30, 2010 Juliet marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This book seems really good! I have read the first 3 already and just waiting to go get this one! Allie has been through so many things in the past, such as moving, bullies, making new friends, etc... She just wants all the drama to stop. She just wants Cheyenne to leave the school, she has been so mean to Allie, Erica and her other friends since she moved in from Toronto! And her old friends at her old school like Brittany, well she wasn't friend, she was actually a bully. She just wants it to...more
Jennifer Warf
I originally started reading this series to provide my 1st grader with some chapter book experience while also staying somewhat G-rated with the content. We loved these books... we still joke about the rule about never having a pet that can poop in your hand. LOL.
My mother and I are big fans of the Princess Diaries series, so we had to check out more by Meg Cabot. I met her in June 2004 at a book signing in Bloomington, IN. She was awesome. I also have a signed copy of Teen Idol.
Kyndal
Stage Fright is about Allies class is putting on a play. Allie really wants the lead role. She thinks she has a good chance of getting it because her moms new job is as a film critic and her uncle Jay had majored in theatre. She ends up not getting the part of the princess but instead gets part of the evil queen. The evil queen is actually a bigger and better role than the princess. Allie learns that it's not the size of the part it's the size of the heart that matters.
Debby
May 24, 2010 Debby rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 4th, 5th grade girls
Shelves: juvenile
Room 209 is putting on a play for the school open house. Allie, her friend Sophie and most of the other girls in the class want to be the princess, including snobby Cheyenne (from book 3). Allie's disappointed when she doesn't get the part, but she learns several good life lessons while they practice for the performance. Another reasonably well done story that will be great for the intended 4th grade girl audience. Really a 3.5 star.
Oumiie
Allie is soo into her PENELOPE PRINCESS, that she forgets about everyone's feelings! She broke her friendhsip with sophie!, because she didn't care of sophie's feelings she rather cared of her ways, and her feelings! But after the auditions, Allie got the part of EVIL QUEEEN, and was soo depressed and sophie was Penelope Princess! But then she found out found out that the EVIL QUEEN, was an excellent PART!!:)
Stacey
Allie learns a new perspective with the help of her Uncle Jay. Every role in a play is important because each character brings the play alive.
Kimberly
Sep 28, 2010 Kimberly rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any Allie Finkle fan
Stacey
♫Sarah Love♫
now this one is really funny the girl from cannada is still there and she thinks when this play comes on she'll be the star of the play like the on's she says she was in in cannada but allie's friend also wants to do it and so does allie she feels as if she tries out for it that she'll get mad and wont like her anymore she what happens in this rule book
Sophie
queen............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Maggie
In this book, Allie is kind of like me in my first community play (not school). I didn't get the part I had wanted and I was very sad. But just like Allie, I learned to be happy for what you get and find the positive side of not being the main character. I had a lot of fun just like her. 5 plays later, I still love the theater!
Julia
Have you ever wanted to be the star of the show? Allie Finkle wants the same. Mrs.Hunters class is doing the relam of recycling play and allie wants to be the star princess Penople but when her plan but when that dosen't hapen will Allie execpt her character the evil queen. FYI: READ THE THE ALLIE FINKLE SERIES IN ORDER.
Joenna
Number 4 in Allie Finkle. Cabot must listen to 4th grade girls talk because the dialog is pretty funny and the thought process of Allie seems dead on (though I can't really remember what I thought about in 4th grade). In this book, the class is putting on a play and Allie is going for the lead role, as is her good friend.
Cache'
All the fourth grade girls want to be Princess Penelope but only one girl can. A girl who is from Canada thinks she should be the princess because she has always be the lead star in every play she has been in. Allie, her friend Sophie, and Cheyenne(the girl from Canada) are trying to win to play Princess Penelope.
Jay
Another really good book in the series. I think I liked book #3 the best, but this one definitely had some good lessons and funny situations. My daughter really likes these books because of the life lessons they teach: she frequently mentions relevant quotes from these books at the dinner table
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Allie Finkle's Rules for Girl - Stage Fright 1 2 Oct 31, 2013 01:43PM
  • Starting with Alice
  • Piper Reed: Navy Brat (Piper Reed #1)
  • Thirteen Plus One (The Winnie Years, #5)
  • Still Just Grace (Just Grace, #2)
  • Solving Zoe
  • Ten Ways To Make My Sister Disappear
  • You Can't Eat Your Chicken Pox, Amber Brown
  • Trouble According to Humphrey
  • Clementine, Friend of the Week (Clementine, #4)
  • Accidentally Friends (Accidentally, #4; Candy Apple #20)
  • The Sisters Club: Cloudy with a Chance of Boys
  • Monster Mash (Babymouse, #9)
  • Worst Enemies/Best Friends (Beacon Street Girls, #1)
  • The Fabled Fourth Graders of Aesop Elementary School
  • Ellie McDoodle: New Kid in School
  • Juicy Gossip (Candy Apple #19)
  • Rocky Road
  • Lost and Found

Meg Cabot was born on February 1, 1967, during the Chinese astrological year of the Fire Horse, a notoriously unlucky sign. Fortunately she grew up in Bloomington, Indiana, where few people were aware of the stigma of being a fire horse -- at least until Meg became a teenager, when she flun...more
More about Meg Cabot...
The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1) Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1) All-American Girl (All-American Girl, #1) Queen of Babble (Queen of Babble, #1) Shadowland (The Mediator, #1)