A Question of Impropriety

A Question of Impropriety

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Diana Clare has had enough of London—the balls, the rakes you can never trust…. Now, having returned home in disgrace, she is trying to forget what drove her from the ton.

Rake and gambler Brett Farnham, Earl of Coltonby, seems intent on making Diana remember exactly what it was like to be whirled around the ballroom and seduced by the glint in her partner's eye….

But Brett...more
Mass Market Paperback
Published December 2010 by Harlequin (first published 2008)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
This book was a pleasant surprise. I picked it up off my shelf because I needed a 'Q' book for my A to Z challenge. The blurb didn't really call my name at all. However, I started reading and sunk deep into this story, leaving Texas and finding myself in Regency England. The writing flows naturally and smoothly, and the characters meant something to me. I could see where Diana was coming from with her very real issues. What happened to her was awful! And Brett wasn't the cad I expected him to be...more
Penney
I love Michelle's books I really love the Regency historical books.
Book Review Diva
"A Question of Impropriety” By Michelle Styles

Diana left London in shame and she left all of glitz and glamor of London that she loved. Diana Clare has also been mourning her late fiance for five years now, or that is what she wants people to think. What Diana is really mourning, is what happened to her five years ago, the night of the Vauxhall Garden fireworks. Diana Clare has been keeping a very dark secret from everyone, and she plans on never telling anyone that secret.

Diana Clare plans on n
Lorraine Nelson
A Question of Impropriety by Michelle Styles

If you love historical romance, this is a must read. Michelle has created engaging characters and believable conflicts that carry the story through to a satisfactory end. Wish I could find a man like Brett. :-)
Judith
I didn't spend much time on this book. The book was okay, but not exciting.The way the characters spoke was wooden, not realistic. There is lots of represses sexual urges but little action. No excitement, but readable.
Becky Black
I skimmed through the second half of this really. It was okay, but I found the dialogue rather stiff and unnatural. I also didn't feel much heat or sexual tension between the couple. It's readable, but not exciting.
Talei Loto
A jolly good old fashioned romp! I loved it, historical romance - give me more!

Ps: And I'm not just saying that because I won a copy of this book, it was very enjoyable!
Mhairi
I really liked this book :D have been dying to get a read like this for ages :D a rather lovely guilty pleasure!
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: Clare Brother and Sister
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Clare Brother and Sister
Sidonia
Sidonia marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Amelie Rabema
Amelie Rabema marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2013
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2013
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2013
Snicky
Snicky marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Born and raised near San Francisco Califorinia, Michelle Styles currently lives a few miles south of Hadrian's Wall with her husband, three children and menagerie of pets. An avid reader, she became hooked on historical romance when she discovered Georgette Heyer, Anya Seton and Victoria Holt in her school's library. Michelle enjoys writing stories in a wide range of time periods including Roman,...more
More about Michelle Styles...
Taken by the Viking The Viking's Captive Princess Viking Warrior, Unwilling Wife The Gladiator's Honor His Unsuitable Viscountess