Start by marking “Companion Through The Darkness: Inner Dialogues on Grief” as Want to Read:
Companion Through The Darkness: Inner Dialogues on Grief

Companion Through The Darkness: Inner Dialogues on Grief

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  10 reviews
As a result of her own experience with many kind of loss, Stephanie Ericsson offers an intimate, profoundly touching guide for those in grief, legitimizing the complex and often taboo emotions we all feel when loss transforms our lives. In Companion Through the Darkness, Stephanie Ericsson defines grief as "the constant reawakening that things are now different." Using a ...more
Published January 27th 1993 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Companion Through The Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Companion Through The Darkness

Janie
This was introduced to me as a perennial favorite at the local grief center. Their library holds two copies. The alienating [ pity | admiration ] coin is a truth I can carry from this.

What widows appreciate about each other is first (in two parts, give and take), honesty and second, resonance.

For honesty, full stars to Stephanie.

For resonance, a pocketful of star.

Accompaniments:
• "Nobody Knows Me At All" The Weepies
Shawna
Amazing book that helped me hugely after my husband was, as we say, 'promoted'. Stephanie writes what some of us feel - at times it seemed like she'd taken dictation from me, but then nope, it was her story, not mine. I've bought many copies over the years and given them to friends after they've lost their significant other. I've encouraged writing a note inside the book and then passing it forward to someone else who could potentially benefit from the sense Stephanie gives readers of not being ...more
Diane Dettmann
Helpful insights into the grief process. Written in short chapters, Stephanie Ericsson reveals her inner feelings and responses to the death of her husband and offers readers insights into the confusing emotions of grief.
Dandy
I've read so many books about grief and loss. This is really the only one that I could relate to so strongly. She gave words to every feeling.
Betsy
I think I read this book five times after my husband died. It totally spoke to me. When I couldn't put two words together, this book helped me understand my own feelings.

She has a bit of anger in her writing, and I really didn't experience much of that. But other than that, I loved this book.

If you know a youngish woman who loses their husband (or wife, I suppose), please give them this book.
Danielle

This is one of the most honest books about pain and grief that I have ever read. Although she writes about her specific experience of losing her husband, anyone who has experienced any sort of grief will find her words relatable and comforting.
Amy Jo
A wonderful book on dealing through the cycles of lossing someone you love.
Stephanie
I am the author of this book.
Sue
Jul 10, 2009 Sue marked it as to-read
From Hsu notes.
Cws
Mar 10, 2008 Cws added it
155.937
Sonnet
Sonnet marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Nalini Prabha
Nalini Prabha marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Lovely_pie
Lovely_pie marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Disco Biscuit
Disco Biscuit marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013