Start by marking “The Money Answer Book: Quick Answers to Everyday Financial Questions” as Want to Read:
The Money Answer Book: Quick Answers to Everyday Financial Questions

The Money Answer Book: Quick Answers to Everyday Financial Questions

This question and answer book is the perfect resource guide for equipping individuals with key information about everyday money matters.

Questions and answers deal with 100+ of the most-asked questions from The Dave Ramsey Show everything from budget planning to retirement planning or personal buying matters, to saving for college and charitable giving. This is Dave in his
Published January 1st 2005 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about The Money Answer Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Money Answer Book

Mary Ellen
Aug 22, 2015 Mary Ellen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is awesome, even for newbies at financial planning and managing money. It is easy to understand, and an interesting read. I dreaded reading this book for months, thinking it would be mind-numbingly boring and difficult to grasp, but I was very pleasantly surprised and found it encouraging and motivating.
Justin Tapp
I checked out this book because I’m teaching Dave Ramsey’s FPU next month and have been working through the course material. This book is a FAQ for Dave Ramsey’s advice.
Each Q/A is a couple pages long and the book is a fast read. There is nothing in this book that you can’t learn by Googling for the information. The questions range from “what is a debit card?” to “My spouse and I have separated and I’m terrified he will bankrupt me. What do I do?”

All of the teaching points and anecdotes from Dav
Sep 08, 2015 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first Dave Ramsey book and it won't be my last. I really like his theories and ideas for paying off debt and gaining wealth. I am definitely trying to incorporate a lot of his ideas into my own life. I also really liked the set-up of the book with brief questions and answers, making it a fast read with some quick, easy advice and tips.

I have to say, I think this book is geared towards two kinds of people: people who are in major credit card and consumer debt and need help getting out
Jan 26, 2011 Kim rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, 2011
I you are a married, sexist, Christian father who is outrageously in debt and lacking common sense, this book might be helpful. Otherwise all but a few of the answers will be pretty useless.
Sep 23, 2016 ChapterOne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A quick read. Not in depth financial advice (he's got other books for that). This one's good for a quick reminder of the basics.
Jun 07, 2013 Steph rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: financial
There isn't much more that Dave Ramsey can write about on the world of conservative finances. "The Money Answer Book" is a condensed version of "The Total Money Makeover." While its title lends one to believe that the book actually answers questions, many of his responses are, "Just don't do it!", which doesn't actually answer the question being presented. I'm a huge fan of Dave Ramsey and his ultra-conservative, you-did-this-to-yourself approach to getting out of debt, but giving good, honest a ...more
Feb 03, 2015 Matthew rated it liked it
I mostly agree with Dave Ramsey, especially on the debt discussions. I work in the industry, and I think that the returns he says you can get on mutual funds are seriously inflated. With that being said, his message overall will help people who need it.

I am glad I didn't buy this book, I read it from my library, there is nothing new from Dave here. If you have read Total Money Makeover this book is not necessary or even very useful.
Cj Sime
Oct 16, 2014 Cj Sime rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This would be good as a precursor to FPU, but having read several other of Dave's books, this book didn't add anything to my understanding.
Michelle Padrelanan
In this age of economic downturn, it is very important to our lives and our future that we make the best decisions regarding our finances. Being a good steward of our resources is one of the Bible’s most important lessons. Unfortunately, most of us don’t know / don’t understand much about taking good care of our finances.

The Money Answer Book – Quick Answers for Your Everyday Financial Questions by Dave Ramsey is a very informative book on finances. Dave Ramsey honestly and fearlessly gives us d
May 18, 2012 Leona rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Money Answer Book by Dave Ramsey
The Money Answer Book by Dave Ramsey.
Great books for all ages. I requested this book because I have heard Dave Ramsey on the radio and I have seen him on the Fox Business Network.
A short but simple book on managing your money and how to do it. Follow the money rules and you should be able to make it. Dave Ramsey is against spending more than you have and does not like the use of credit cards.
There are chapters for debt, saving and investing, automobiles, insu
Sep 10, 2011 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Author: Dave Ramsey
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
May 2010
ISBN: 978-1-4041-8779-5
Genre: Money/finances

Dave Ramsey has been the top financial advisor in the world for decades. Millions listened to his radio broadcasts or went to his organization to have help in getting out of debt.

In THE MONEY ANSWER BOOK, Mr. Ramsey has taken his most asked questions and addressed them. These include:

Debt, Credit and Bankruptcy
Relationships and Money
Saving & Investing
Jun 15, 2010 Pastoralmusings rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Got questions about money? The Money Answer Book probably has the answer.
Subtitled “Quick answers for your everyday financial questions”, The Money Answer Book will be of great help for someone who is needing to find an answer to their questions about the day to day money matters.
Dave Ramsey has promoted the emergency fund, paying off debt via the debt snowball, and encouraged saving and investing for retirement for quite a while now. His hard-hitting, no punches pulled style of speaking is seen
May 31, 2010 Krista rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a BIG Dave Ramsey fan. Brian and I have read several of his other books and wholeheartedly agree with his financial advice.

We have used the debt snowball technique to pay off our debt and we have no credit cards!! Dave has literally changed the way we think about money.

This particular book gives answers to a lot of questions people have about finances. Even though I have read all of his other books, I sill learned a TON of information I did not know before. I was amazed at how quickly I re
Mar 17, 2014 Kristin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this in preparation for a Relief Society finance activity I am helping with next month and wanted to get more ideas about what the focus should be. The format was nice - a question on each page and then a short and concise answer. I dog eared a good number of pages as I read....things I want to talk to my husband about and things I want to remember. I liked his 7 baby steps in this order: $1000 in an emergency fund, pay off all debt except house, 3-6 months expenses in savings, 15% into ret ...more
Frank Coleman
So yeah...I don't think I'll be reading any more Ramsey books. Just not for me. I didn't like his tone. The vibe I get from him is 'here is my view, if you disagree you're an idiot/not smart'. He also sensationalizes numbers in order to make a point. For example: he said 'the average car payment is $378/month...if you put $378/month in a growth stock fund from the age of 25-65 you'd have $4.4 million!!' Um, he compared paying $378/month for 5 years to investing $378/month for FORTY YEARS! Also h ...more
Dupsie Oriyomi
Dec 28, 2012 Dupsie Oriyomi rated it really liked it
The book was very interesting and even though I am not a christian, there were some really good advice in this book. However, there were a couple of things I don't agree with and I'm guessing it is because of dave ramsey's belief, he says not to marry someone who wants a prenuptial agreement. Well if I had tons of money, I will definietly insist of my partner signing up for a pre nup.

He also advises against have separate accounts and claims you should only have joint accounts as a couple. Well
Feb 22, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This little book of quick facts is going with me to every coaching session. I highlighted portions that I am most likely to reference and am really looking forward to using this as a coaching resource.

Do not start with this book if you're looking for a solid, comprehensive, financial foundation. It's designed to briefly reference what you've already studied about the major financial chapters in your life (debt, saving, mortgages) via other books like "Total Money Makeover" or "Financial Peace Re
Sep 03, 2010 Makamae rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Its a pretty straight forward, common sense type book. Although if you have problems with finances, it might be a good book to read. There wasn't anything in there too enlightening for me. A lot of it I already knew. Some things I disagreed with (very few). He also includes God & tithing in there, which I know some people might not agree with (I agree with it, I'm just saying others might not).
Lots of very good practical advice about money. I suspect this book is not very useful to those who do not encounter any money difficulties, since they probably already know or at least act on the advice in this book.

My favorite quote, "The average person playing the lottery spends $32 a month. That same $32 a month represents over $1 million in retirement if invested over a working lifetime."
Mar 19, 2012 Xergio rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It presents all of Ramsey's main points in a very concise, fast paced way. His ideas boiled down to the main elements, with all the trimmings removed (stories, jokes, anecdotes). Presented in a question an answer format is a good intro to Ramsey's program. I am no financial whiz, but his live below your means, pay your debts, have an emergency fund and save for the future seem pretty common sense and appropriate to me.
Sep 24, 2009 Kelsey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Dave Ramsey is incredibly consistent in his advice, so this book really has the same information as all of his other books, just in a different format. This book is in question/answer format, and actually does give more detailed advice for questions such as "My spouse keeps over spending our budget. What can I do to make it stop?"
Jun 05, 2008 Melissa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: resource
Dave Ramsey is a really great financial advisor - but his philosophy and plan are the same throughout all his books. I recommend reading Financial Freedom, and that is all you need to know. This book was just a shortened version of Financial Freedom written in the format of questions and answers. I didn't learn anything new.
Jan 20, 2010 Cam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to brush up on the Dave Ramsey plan (now that we're finally getting some income and making some goals!) and this little money book was great. A quick read and full of great snippets of information. You will be excited to make a budget if you read any of his books. I highly recommend them.
If you know absolutely nothing about finances you will probably learn something from this book. It's basically the cliff notes of learning how to handle your money and plan for retirement. I never would have imagined a financial help book would contain a lot about God and the importance of giving your money away though.
Oct 20, 2011 Lora rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great financial advice book filled with solid, to the point information. It is written in a question and answer style, which is also convenient. Not great, though, if you're looking for a comprehensive guide.
Jan 30, 2008 Margaret rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great little question/answer book with a variety of financial topics covered including investing, budgeting, purchasing automobiles, housing expenses, college expense, etc. It's presented in a very straight-forward way and is an easy read.
Diane Cole
Jun 27, 2014 Diane Cole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great resource

Dave's book has provided concrete steps and advice to really give us a kick start into getting out of debt and planning for the future. I look forward to tackling each of the baby steps and a few giant leaps.
Feb 06, 2015 Casey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great information. He has helped SO many people, so his information is extremely straight forward, and slightly blunt. This is not completely relevant to people who are perhaps freelancers, or those with irregular income, like myself, but there are very good principles here.
Jun 20, 2010 Emily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not that much new material here. I read it in an hour, and I think he wrote it in a day. But I'm sure it would be more helpful as a quick reference if I didn't take the time to read his more expanded version, "Total Money Makeover."
Mar 01, 2011 Robin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Quick answers is right - I read this in about 30 minutes. Full of short answers to popular personal finance questions. I'd say skip this book and just read his "Total Money Makeover" - the same information, but more developed.
  • Your Money Map: A Proven 7-Step Guide to True Financial Freedom
  • God Will Make a Way: What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do
  • No More Mondays: Fire Yourself -- and Other Revolutionary Ways to Discover Your True Calling at Work
  • Business By The Book: Complete Guide of Biblical Principles for the Workplace
  • Living the Extraordinary Life: Nine Principles to Discover It
  • Moments Together For Couples: Devotions for Drawing Near to God and One Another
  • The Strong-Willed Child: Birth Through Adolescence
  • Flight of the Doves
  • The Coupon Mom's Guide to Cutting Your Grocery Bills in Half: The Strategic Shopping Method Proven to Slash Food and Drugstore Costs
  • You Can't Teach a Kid to Ride a Bike at a Seminar : The Sandler Sales Institute's 7-Step System for Successful Selling
  • The Legend of the Monk and the Merchant: Principles for Successful Living
  • What the Yuck?: The Freaky and Fabulous Truth About Your Body
  • Tales of the Revolution:  True Stories of People who are Poking the Box and Making a Difference
  • Healthier Without Wheat: A New Understanding of Wheat Allergies, Celiac Disease, and Non-Celiac Gluten Intolerance
  • Bulletproof Faith: A Spiritual Survival Guide for Gay and Lesbian Christians
  • Sex and the Soul: Juggling Sexuality, Spirituality, Romance, and Religion on America's College Campuses
  • With God in Russia
  • Homosexuality and Christian Faith: Questions of Conscience for the Churches
David L. Ramsey III (b. September 3, 1960) is an American financial writer, radio and television host.

More about Dave Ramsey...

“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved. HELEN KELLER” 5 likes
“The German root word for “debt” is the same as for “guilt.” 4 likes