Start by marking “Horse (Eyewitness Books)” as Want to Read:
Horse (Eyewitness Books)

Horse (Eyewitness Books)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  139 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Full-color photos. This closeup look at the evolution and behavior of horses, zebras, ponies, mules, and more examines their importance to humans throughout history, and includes photos of all major domestic breeds.
Published May 5th 1992 by Alfred a Knopf (first published January 1st 1960)

To ask other readers questions about Horse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Horse

Sandy (WI girl at heart)
Good book for younger people. Basic facts and photos from the world of the horse, pony, asses and mules. Well written for the group of folks it was most likely written for. Simple in nature but very well written, especially if you love horses.

Would I read it again: no but I would just for the beautiful photos in it. Would I recommend it to others: you bet I would.
Jamie
Dec 28, 2010 Jamie rated it liked it
Horse, by Juliet Clutton-Brock follows the format of most books in the Eyewitness Books series. More information than one person could possibly take in during one sitting is provided. This is a good thing though, as it provides continuous entertainment for a child with a curious mind. In this book, everything from the history of horses to their different breeds to their different uses is covered. Each page has one or two paragraphs, and most of the information is given through the captions of t ...more
Timothy Boyd
Feb 08, 2016 Timothy Boyd rated it it was amazing
OK I know these are supposed to be kid books but they are awesome! Great pictures and just enough text to make you want to learn more. Great choices for a beginning history reader or to start an older reader out in a new area. Every time I pick one of these up and read it I learn new things. Highly Recommended
Aliana
Jan 06, 2016 Aliana rated it it was amazing
I spent most of my childhood hunting down horse books. I wish I had kept all of my past birthday and Christmas lists because I guarantee you most pleaded for horse books. #HorseLover.
fursuit mcgee
May 16, 2014 fursuit mcgee rated it it was amazing
Horses are so beautiful, I love them. This was a great introduction and had lovely pictures and lots of cool information!
Demi Love
Jan 11, 2015 Demi Love marked it as to-read
i have not ever read this book but i would really really like to because i love horse's
Dawn
Oct 28, 2008 Dawn rated it it was amazing
I like horses. So mommy got me lots of horse storys. One of them was called 'HORSE'. IT WAS VERy InTeReStInG. I learned alot. .P.S. Please get some more,mommy/momma/mother.NEW WORDS:quagga, zedonk, zebroid, grevy. I like it because it is all about HORSES! Ponys too!Donkeys are now popular as pets for kids.i don't know why!!!!!??!!???? Giggle! Love Dawn! .p.s. Love you!
James Caldwell
Not very helpful, though I did learn a few facts. I know absolutely nothing about horses, but now I know a smidgeon.
Rivkah.
Jul 29, 2011 Rivkah. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my better liked horse dictionaries. I like that they include pictures of a very large variety of tack.
Jack&jude
Jul 20, 2011 Jack&jude rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: summer-2011
Jack wanted a book about horses. This has been an excellent resource.
Humza
Apr 26, 2016 Humza rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Lots of good pictures of horses.
J1bird6
Apr 22, 2009 J1bird6 rated it really liked it
i luv horses
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Cortney Hellmich
Cortney Hellmich marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Sheenagh Morrison
Sheenagh Morrison rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2016
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Chelsea Gilmore
Chelsea Gilmore marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Addison novak
Addison novak marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Giannis Nikolaidis
Giannis Nikolaidis rated it really liked it
May 05, 2016
Erin
Erin added it
Jun 16, 2016
Kei Denevan
Kei Denevan marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Zephy
Zephy added it
Apr 18, 2016
Heather Pope
Heather Pope marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
MRS REBECCA J STENSON
MRS REBECCA J STENSON marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Kaila Opal
Kaila Opal rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Castle
  • Arms & Armor
  • Mammal (Eyewitness Books)
  • Stephen Biesty's Cross-Sections Castle
  • Medieval Life
  • How to Talk to Your Cat
  • Animal: The Definitive Visual Guide to the World's Wildlife
  • The Complete Training of Horse and Rider in the Principles of Classical Horsemanship
  • Shark
  • The Way Things Work
  • Aztec, Inca, and Maya
  • Myths: Tales of the Greek and Roman Gods
  • Architecture: World's Greatest Buildings, Styles and History, Architects (Eyewitness Companions)
  • Marguerite Henry Treasury of Horses (Boxed Set): Misty of Chincoteague, Justin Morgan Had a Horse, King of the Wind
  • In the Presence of Horses: A Novel