Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)

Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss #3)

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  7,804 ratings  ·  2,177 reviews
Love ignites in the City That Never Sleeps, but can it last?

From the glittering streets of Manhattan to the moonlit rooftops of Paris, falling in love is easy for hopeless dreamer Isla and introspective artist Josh. But as they begin their senior year in France, Isla and Josh are quickly forced to confront the heartbreaking reality that happily-ever-afters aren’t always f...more
Published August 14th 2014 by Dutton

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
12th out of 2,507 books — 15,201 voters
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerIgnite Me by Tahereh MafiDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
YA Novels of 2014
10th out of 1,320 books — 6,444 voters

More lists with this book...

Mara

Stephanie, I adore you, I really do. You bring me so much joy with your fluffy story-lines. But you always seem to be able to ground all the fluffiness with some maturity. This one lacked maturity.

It was just too fluffy, too starry-eyed, too melodramatic.

I did like it, but I just couldn't bring myself to love it.

Full review to come.

_______________________
Pre-review:

BLOODY HELL GET THEE ON MY BOOKSHELF ALREADY.
Who else can't wait for another fictional guy to swoon over?
Regina just doesn'...more
Melannie :)
Jun 03, 2011 Melannie :) marked it as to-read

*tries to pull off an Etienne St. Clair*

I CAN'T BLOODY WAIT!

Ariel
MY HEART IS BROKEN, BUT MY HEART IS TRUE.

Wowzapants: I have a lot to say. LET’S GET TO IT. (No spoilers.)

Let me start with the question everyone wants to know: is this your new favourite Stephanie Perkins? Unfortunately, not even close. My order is officially Anna, Lola, and then Isla.

Before I get into the meat of this all, please know that I didn't hate it. I really enjoyed most of it. I flew through the entire thing in one day. Stephanie Perkins knows how to write some truly adorable moments....more
Emily
Aug 29, 2014 Emily is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wishlist
For those who don't follow Stephanie's blog, here's her reason for Isla not being released until 2013...

"Finishing Lola was the hardest thing that I have ever done. It left me mentally, physically, and spiritually barren. I was close to quitting . . . everything. It's taken me a long time to recover, and I'm only feeling like myself again now, about six months later. As I've learned with many hard situations in life, the only thing that can really heal a person is time.

What I'm saying is this: I...more
Kat O'Keeffe
THIS WAS SO ADORABLE AND FUNNY AND EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED TO READ! I didn't love it quite as much as Anna and Lola, and a few aspects were kind of frustrating, but despite that, I still really enjoyed it! I actually stayed up until 6am reading so I could finish it all in one sitting! I'll talk more about it in a video soon :)
Claudia
Oh, book, you were so beautiful. So so perfect. I'm in love with Josh and I'm still in love with St. Clair and still think that Cricket is the most adorable thing in the world.

Maybe the romance moved a little too fast but then I remembered that for the other two books we had to wait until the end for the couple to kiss I get together or etcetera and I was more than okay with it.

Josh was such a sweetheart. I knew I would love him. I just had this feeling with him. I'm swooning just remembering...more
Wendy Darling
4.5 stars Ridiculously adorable, and a lovely, note-perfect ending to this series.

Review to come.

-------------------------------------------------------

The ARC is sooo pretty!

And for those interested, you can get these cute buttons + decals (and possibly a tote) by pre-ordering the book at one of these stores: http://penguinteen.tumblr.com/post/88...
Ariana
Sep 02, 2014 Ariana added it
Shelves: 2014, sneak-peek
I really can't wait for this book and I hope to love it just as much as I loved Anna! (which btw, is quite a whole damn lot!)

Taken from the author's blog - this will be my Josh from now on :D

So, I read this today...
Tatiana
Aug 29, 2014 Tatiana rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: I wouldn't
Aww, two rich, horny kids (one - a stalker, another - a self-centered "artiste") are not allowed to travel around Europe without permission and have sex anywhere they feel like. How tragic!

Perkins' romances are getting worse and worse. 1 star because she can do better than this.
Zemira Warner
I like the cover. I just wish we got to see Isla and Josh on the cover just like we did with previous couples.

OMG! This book has softened my cold heart. I cried two times- when Lola and Cricket appeared and in the end because this book was beautiful. It wasn't as good as the first two but it was good in it's own special way.

I loved the way Stephanie incorporated her own personal issues into Josh's character. It took some courage to write a less bubbly version of herself. I got used to her easyg...more
Jena
Jul 08, 2011 Jena marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishy-list
STEPHANIE PERKINS NEEDS TO WRITE STORIES FOR EVER. Because they are just PERFECT. <3
Keertana
Sometimes, you can just feel when a novel is about to change your life.Islachanged mine.

Stephanie Perkins knows the deepest corners of my heart; the spaces where the darkest secrets and most tragic insecurities lie. In Anna, Lola, Isla--in them she painstakingly reveals, piece-by-piece, the fears I hesitate to lay before even those most beloved to me. But, in doing so, she reminds me that I am not alone in my swirling thoughts. To sit down and curl up with a Stephanie Perkins romance is to lose...more
Bethany
Jan 23, 2011 Bethany marked it as to-read
*Talks like Amanda*

OMG. This book is going to be amazing. I wonder if Josh is in there, too. I hope so...

Shannon
AHHHHHH OH MY GOD. 5am and I have finally finished this beauty, I could not put it down. Freaking fantastic.
Sam
I can’t finish a Stephanie Perkins book without feeling like I am floating. There’s something about her romances – the charm, the magic, the sweetness of them – that always leaves me basking in a wonderful post-book glow. I grin, I swoon, I laugh, I cry, and I turn that final page and want to read it all over again.

Isla and the Happily Ever After surprised me a little, mostly in that I found it a touch more bittersweet and real than I was expecting. It’s delightful and fun and full of SO MANY li...more
I feel like I've waited a hundred years for this book. I was so excited to get my hands on it.

Now, I'm just so disappointed.

A while back, I saw some negative reviews for Anna and the French Kiss that said the book was basically a bunch of rich teenagers whining over how their world wasn't perfect enough. I didn't actually have that problem with Anna and the French Kiss. I adored Anna and the French Kiss. Everything that happened in that book (albeit I will admit that Anna seemed snobby sometime...more

6 Stars!

This book is beautiful. Take your breath away beautiful!

No words can describe how special this book is to me. Reading Isla and the Happily Ever After felt natural and comfortable. Like sitting down with an old friend.

Stephanie Perkins, Isla, Josh, and this gorgeous lite-up-with-life city made me want to…..

Draw
Jump on a train and go anywhere and everywhere
Eat crème brulee every chance I get!
Move
Dream, RISK, want, and love.
Fall,
Fall,
Fall in love.

My heart has never felt more alive in and...more
Jessica
She did it. Again.
My heart is so happy. <3

Full review to come!
Nora Harrington
Jul 09, 2012 Nora Harrington marked it as to-read
Ok so I was so in love with Anna and the French kiss but then lola and the boy next door came out and I was sooooooo excited to read it.........but when I read it.....wellll let's just say it wasn't very good......but I kinda feel like since Anna and the french kiss was AMAZiNG maybe the second was just not fully ready or something. So I'm still going to read the third book and hope it's as good as the first (doubtful)!!!! Cross my finger though =)
Alannah
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

I DON'T GET LIKE THIS FOR ALL BOOKS...
BUT WHEN ITS STEPHANIE PERKINS

I FUCKIN' FREAK OUT.
Mel
Aug 15, 2014 Mel is currently reading it
Recordemos este fragmento de Anna and the French Kiss:

(...) El profesor golpea otro escritorio, y la chica con cabello rojo a mi izquierda salta y deja caer todos sus papeles. Me inclino para ayudarla a recogerlos, y estoy sorprendida al descubrir una página entera de garabatos de un tatuaje de calavera familiar. Miro hacia arriba en sorpresa, y su cara se enciende como su cabello rojo. Miro hacia Josh y luego levanto mis cejas hacia ella. Sus ojos se amplían en horror, pero sacudo mi cabeza y...more
Dee is Drew Runous Muse.
****4.5 Heartfelt Stars****

(BR with Mili)

Stephanie Perkins writes from the heart, her novels are not just to enjoy but to feel and dream about. This is the third novel of this series and it is a little different, the plot isn't as bubbly as the previous two, but I still loved it! Shows once again what a great and versatile author SP is. I highly recommend everyone to check out her books...

Isla and Josh both attend a boarding school in Paris. She's had a huge crush on him forever and this year he...more
Jaime Arkin
Absolute perfection... I smiled, I swooned, I loved!!! And josh has bumped etienne for sure.
_____________________________

My initial reaction above still holds true, even 3 days after reading this!

How do I explain for you the perfection of this book… I’m going to come clean here. I was worried. Like SUPER worried about how this last book was going to turn out. I mean, it kept getting pushed back further and further from existence and for as much as I loved Anna, I didn’t fall for Lola quite as...more
Valerie
Nov 07, 2012 Valerie marked it as to-read
Shelves: unreleased
new edit

omg!!!!!!! It IS Isla and Josh's story!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Back to Paris <3

It's Isla from "Anna and the French Kiss" right?
OMG! I'm so excited for this book!
Olivia
Mar 09, 2014 Olivia marked it as to-read
May. May. May. May... 2013!!!!!

HOW CAN I WAIT THIS LONG!!

I loved, loved, loved Anna and the French Kiss AND Lola and the Boy Next Door. I hope Isla is just as good, which i am sure it will be, because Stephanie Perkins is amazing. If there was ever a writer i wish to be like, it's most certainly her.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS BOOK!!!!

This is currently what I'm feeling...

description

I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL 2013!!!!! IT'S JUST TOO LONG!!!!!!

WHY MUST I WAIT!?!?!?!

description

And now it has a small blurb!!!! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

AN...more
Jenn
OMG THE SUMMARY!!!!!!!!!!

Aly∞
"... isn’t it better to be honest about these things before someone else can use them against you? Before someone else can break your heart? Isn’t it better to break it yourself?"

*sobs uncontrollably*

I don't care. I don't. I don't.

I don't care that this is, as far as we know, the last cute chicklit by Stephanie Perkins. Her next book is ghostly and "oooooh"-y and I don't care.

Okay, I care a little bit. Why? Because the agonising wait was so. Damn. Worth. It. It was worth every single one of the...more
Arlene
LOVE.LOVE.LOVE!!

Worth every second of the wait! Yes, I have been pining for Isla and The Happily Ever After for close to three long years, but as Stephanie Perkins proves… perfection shouldn’t be rushed. It was absolute bliss re-living what reading a Perkins book does to me… I had the goofiest smile on my face for most of the book… I giggled like a little girl… I gasped liked a love struck teenager… and I just about broke down in tears during certain moments of heartbreak. I.FELT.IT.ALL!!

Thank...more
Sophia.
Review to come.

Before reading:

So I've just re-read Anna and the French Kiss and this is the last thing Anna says about Josh :
"Josh … well, he still has to come to terms with the fact that we’re leaving and he’s staying. And he is staying. He squeaked by again, barely.
He’s losing himself in his drawings, and his hands are in a constant state of cramps. Truthfully, I’m worried. I know how it feels to be alone. But Josh is an attractive, funny guy. He’ll make new friends."

How awesome does that...more
Patrycja
3.5 stars!

Sweet, romantic YA read set in Paris. I would be definitely loving the heck out of it few years ago, when I've been reading only young adult. Now, I missed the steam and maturity. Still, I really enjoyed it.
  • The Last Time We Say Goodbye
  • Breathe, Annie, Breathe
  • I'll Give You the Sun
  • The Boy Most Likely To (My Life Next Door, #2)
  • I Was Here
  • The Racket
  • All the Rage
  • #scandal
  • Encore (Amplified, #2)
  • The Howling Boy
  • No Place to Fall
  • Rooms
  • Lair of Dreams (The Diviners, #2)
  • Untitled (Wild Cards, #2)
  • The Fill-In Boyfriend
  • Breaking the Rules (Pushing the Limits, #1.5)
  • Between the Spark and the Burn (Between, #2)
  • Not in the Script (If Only . . . #3)
Hi, there! I'm Steph, and I wrote ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS, LOLA AND THE BOY NEXT DOOR, and ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER. I also edited (and contributed a short story to) a romantic holiday anthology called MY TRUE LOVE GAVE TO ME. My next YA novel will be horror—a teen slasher published by Dutton.

I don't check blog comments here on Goodreads, so if you want to make sure that I receive your mes...more
More about Stephanie Perkins...
Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) Untitled Standalone My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories Untitled [Book #5]

“I am hard on myself. But isn’t it better to be honest about these things before someone else can use them against you? Before someone else can break your heart? Isn’t it better to break it yourself?” 99 likes
“Do adults realize how lucky they are? Or do they forget that these small moments are actually small miracles? I don’t want to ever forget.” 67 likes