Start by marking “Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)” as Want to Read:
Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)

Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss #3)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  34,564 ratings  ·  6,096 reviews
Love ignites in the City That Never Sleeps, but can it last?

Hopeless romantic Isla has had a crush on introspective cartoonist Josh since their first year at the School of America in Paris. And after a chance encounter in Manhattan over the summer, romance might be closer than Isla imagined. But as they begin their senior year back in France, Isla and Josh are forced to c
Published August 14th 2014 by Dutton

To ask other readers questions about Isla and the Happily Ever After, please sign up.

Jennifer Maloney The three girls from each of the books know each other and story 1 continues in books 2 and 3 as a side-story. Story 2 continues in book 3 as a…moreThe three girls from each of the books know each other and story 1 continues in books 2 and 3 as a side-story. Story 2 continues in book 3 as a side-story, as well. And story 3 actually begins as a side-story in book 1. So... yes, definitely read them in order or you won't understand the full emotion of everything and/or you'll get spoilers for the other stories by reading the endings before the beginnings.(less)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
12th out of 2,632 books — 15,809 voters
YA Novels of 2014
11th out of 1,505 books — 8,070 voters

More lists with this book...

Ariel
MY HEART IS BROKEN, BUT MY HEART IS TRUE.

Wowzapants: I have a lot to say. LET’S GET TO IT. (No spoilers.)

Let me start with the question everyone wants to know: is this your new favourite Stephanie Perkins? Unfortunately, not even close. My order is officially Anna, Lola, and then Isla.

Before I get into the meat of this all, please know that I didn't hate it. I really enjoyed most of it. I flew through the entire thing in one day. Stephanie Perkins knows how to write some truly adorable moments.
Mara
“'There's no story,' I say. 'I saw you one day, and I just knew.'”

Stephanie, I adore you, I really do. You bring me so much joy with your fluffy story-lines. But you always seem to be able to ground all the fluffiness with some maturity. This one lacked maturity. I did like it, but I just couldn't bring myself to love it.

My problem in one sentence: the setting was colourful, the characters weren't.

The setting was beautifully wistful. I mean it's hard for it not to be when it's set in a city
Melannie :)
Jun 03, 2011 Melannie :) marked it as to-read

*tries to pull off an Etienne St. Clair*

I CAN'T BLOODY WAIT!

Kat O'Keeffe
THIS WAS SO ADORABLE AND FUNNY AND EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED TO READ! I didn't love it quite as much as Anna and Lola, and a few aspects were kind of frustrating, but despite that, I still really enjoyed it! I actually stayed up until 6am reading so I could finish it all in one sitting! I'll talk more about it in a video soon :)
Tatiana
Aug 29, 2014 Tatiana rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: I wouldn't
Aww, two rich, horny kids (one - a stalker, another - a self-centered "artiste") are not allowed to travel around Europe without permission and have sex anywhere they feel like. How tragic!

Perkins' romances are getting worse and worse. 1 star because she can do better than this.
Wendy Darling
4.5 stars Ridiculously adorable, and a lovely, note-perfect ending to this series.

Review to come.

-------------------------------------------------------

The ARC is sooo pretty!

And for those interested, you can get these cute buttons + decals (and possibly a tote) by pre-ordering the book at one of these stores: http://penguinteen.tumblr.com/post/88...
Sophia.
[[ DISCLAIMER: This review is going to be long ; painfully negative ; and full of spoilers. Also, I love Stephanie Perkins. I follow her blog and I think she's a genuinely great person. However, I do tend to treat books like the commercial objects that they are. So I'm not making this personal against Perkins. I am aware that it was a fucking struggle for her to write this book, and I am sorry, but I paid for it, and I was sorely disappointed. ]]

Okay let's do this.

I am part of the original rea
I feel like I've waited a hundred years for this book. I was so excited to get my hands on it.

Now, I'm just so disappointed.

A while back, I saw some negative reviews for Anna and the French Kiss that said the book was basically a bunch of rich teenagers whining over how their world wasn't perfect enough. I didn't actually have that problem with Anna and the French Kiss. I adored Anna and the French Kiss. Everything that happened in that book (albeit I will admit that Anna seemed snobby sometim
Claudia
Oh, book, you were so beautiful. So so perfect. I'm in love with Josh and I'm still in love with St. Clair and still think that Cricket is the most adorable thing in the world.

Maybe the romance moved a little too fast but then I remembered that for the other two books we had to wait until the end for the couple to kiss I get together or etcetera and I was more than okay with it.

Josh was such a sweetheart. I knew I would love him. I just had this feeling with him. I'm swooning just remembering
Ariana
I really can't wait for this book and I hope to love it just as much as I loved Anna! (which btw, is quite a whole damn lot!)

Taken from the author's blog - this will be my Josh from now on :D

So, I read this today...
"Finishing Lola was the hardest thing that I have ever done. It left me mentally, physically, and spiritually barren. I was close to quitting . . . everything. It's taken me a long time to recover, and I'm only feeling like myself again now, about six months later. As I've learned wi
Zemira Warner
I like the cover. I just wish we got to see Isla and Josh on the cover just like we did with previous couples.

OMG! This book has softened my cold heart. I cried two times- when Lola and Cricket appeared and in the end because this book was beautiful. It wasn't as good as the first two but it was good in it's own special way.

I loved the way Stephanie incorporated her own personal issues into Josh's character. It took some courage to write a less bubbly version of herself. I got used to her easyg
Keertana
Sometimes, you can just feel when a novel is about to change your life.Islachanged mine.

Stephanie Perkins knows the deepest corners of my heart; the spaces where the darkest secrets and most tragic insecurities lie. In Anna, Lola, Isla--in them she painstakingly reveals, piece-by-piece, the fears I hesitate to lay before even those most beloved to me. But, in doing so, she reminds me that I am not alone in my swirling thoughts. To sit down and curl up with a Stephanie Perkins romance is to lose
Joel
The ending of this was so cliché, but so are all of the books in the series so I'm used to it by now.

I'm really glad most of this was set in Paris like just like Anna's book, love dat! I did have to cover my eyes for some parts in the Barcelona chapters, but still a fun book anyway ^_^
Jena
Jul 08, 2011 Jena marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishy-list
STEPHANIE PERKINS NEEDS TO WRITE STORIES FOR EVER. Because they are just PERFECT. <3
Shannon
AHHHHHH OH MY GOD. 5am and I have finally finished this beauty, I could not put it down. Freaking fantastic.
Haleema
And who am I to become without him?

That's it. That is the problem of this book. The dependence. Glorifying and romanticizing the idea of depending on someone for your happiness or well being. Not being able to imagine a life without this person. Not even acknowledging a life before you even knew this person existed. This is the entire book.

Now there was a time when I loved Anna and the French Kiss and all its pretentious characters, the fluff, and the exaggeration of teenage love. There was a t

6 Stars!

This book is beautiful. Take your breath away beautiful!

No words can describe how special this book is to me. Reading Isla and the Happily Ever After felt natural and comfortable. Like sitting down with an old friend.

Stephanie Perkins, Isla, Josh, and this gorgeous lite-up-with-life city made me want to…..

Draw
Jump on a train and go anywhere and everywhere
Eat crème brulee every chance I get!
Move
Dream, RISK, want, and love.
Fall,
Fall,
Fall in love.

My heart has never felt more alive in and
Thomas
I enjoyed reading my friends' reviews of Isla and the Happily Ever After more than I enjoyed reading the book itself. I have always respected Stephanie Perkins and her blog, but if you want to read positive reviews of Isla, you should click here and here. I will separate my review into a pro/con list for the sake of allowing myself to rant more easily simplicity.

Pros
- The writing: Stephanie Perkins's writing is still compulsively readable. It has a natural flow and ebb that kept me hooked long a
Jamie-leigh Haughn
HOW CUTE WAS THIS BOOK???!!!????

This was for sure my favourite of the three books, I loved everything about it, the setting, the characters, the love story, the integration of old characters with new, it was just wonderful! Of the three couples, Isla and Josh were by far my favourite, they were so relatable and their love story felt real and you really felt for them when they had their ups and downs. I really liked how we got to go back to Paris in this book and enjoy its magic one last time! I
Liam
During the first half of the book I was slightly disappointed because everything was just too cliche and they fell in love so fast, I expected more from Stephanie Perkins... But then, she did it like she always does! THIS WOMAN IS A QUEEN!!! She manages to have control over my emotions with her perfect characters and writing, this book was no exception!

Isla and Josh were beyond cute and I fell in love with them from the very start (even from Anna and the French kiss!!). As I said, their relation
Bethany
Jan 23, 2011 Bethany marked it as to-read
*Talks like Amanda*

OMG. This book is going to be amazing. I wonder if Josh is in there, too. I hope so...

Fenia
I'm crying and i'm hiccuping. and i can't see through the tears. OH. MY .GOD. You know how Voldermort had 7 Horcruxes? Well that's how i feel about books. Kind of. Its like there are parts of me,of my soul out there, and the more books i read,the better are the chances to find my Horcruxes. This book,this trilogy was that for me. I found a Horcruxe,just like with Fangirl.

I can't explain my love for this book easily,or without getting myself totally ridiculed. Well my fellow Goodreaders,i had a
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
5 Staphanie Perkins Could Make Me Love YA Stars

Those who know me might have noticed that I don't read that much YA anymore, those who don't know me, allow me to tell you that YA is not one of my favorite genres. So you can understand that I love Stephanie Perkins SO MUCH since she has managed to write not one but THREE INCREDIBLE YA books! Three books that have made it to my favorite shelves, three books that are my go-to when I'm feeling down, three books that I want to forget just so I can red
Jessica (priceiswong)
She did it. Again.
My heart is so happy. <3

Full review to come!
Mel
Recordemos este fragmento de Anna and the French Kiss:

El profesor golpea otro escritorio, y la chica con cabello rojo a mi izquierda salta y deja caer todos sus papeles. Me inclino para ayudarla a recogerlos, y estoy sorprendida al descubrir una página entera de garabatos de un tatuaje de calavera familiar. Miro hacia arriba en sorpresa, y su cara se enciende como su cabello rojo. Miro hacia Josh y luego levanto mis cejas hacia ella. Sus ojos se amplían en horror, pero sacudo mi cabeza y sonrío
Katie
3.5
I had a hard time believing that this story could actually happen to a real human. That paired with some of the personality of isla kind of had me not so liking this one. However, the ending was so nice and sweet that I had to bump my rating an extra .5.
Nora Harrington
Jul 09, 2012 Nora Harrington marked it as to-read
Ok so I was so in love with Anna and the French kiss but then lola and the boy next door came out and I was sooooooo excited to read it.........but when I read it.....wellll let's just say it wasn't very good......but I kinda feel like since Anna and the french kiss was AMAZiNG maybe the second was just not fully ready or something. So I'm still going to read the third book and hope it's as good as the first (doubtful)!!!! Cross my finger though =)
 ᴍɪᴄs *that kind of girl*
Edit 31/05

TENÍA QUE COMPARTIR ESTO:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Bue, se ve para el orto, pero dice

"Stephanie Perkins es la Jane Austen de nuestra generación"

How dare you????

HOW DARE YOU???

HOW. FUCKING. DARE. YOU????

ESTO ES UN ULTRAJE, UN ESCÁNDALO!

Comparar a JANE FUCKING AUSTEN, JANE AUSTEN, a la autora de "Pride and Prejudice" y "Persuasion", ¡dos de mis libros favoritos! (además de que escribió otros duh uh), ¡sus libros son clásicos!, compararla a ELLA, ¡SU LEGADO!, ¡UNA FEMINISTA DE SU ÉPOCA!, ¡FEMINISTA!, con Stepha
Anne

Stephanie Perkins is the only author I can think of offhand that can write this kind of silly romantic drivel, and make me like it against my will.
I mean, it's...insane!
I loved it, ate it up with a spoon, and then had to go to bed with a stomach ache from all the sugar.

So here's the thing:
If you haven't liked her two previous books (Anna and the French Kiss or Lola and the Boy Next Door), then you need to skip your happy ass right past Isla and the Happily Ever After.
It's the same over-
Sue (YAHollywood)

Listen to my Isla and the Happily Ever After fanmix in 8tracks. See the tracklist here.
Review also posted at Young Adult Hollywood.

I had read Anna and the French Kiss before and thought it was just good. I honestly didn’t understand the hype; I wasn’t crazy over it or anything. So I thought, Hey! Maybe the sequel wouldn’t be any different. I had lived a very peaceful life for four years and then Isla and the Happily Ever After came along. Everyone was literally raving about it. There are so many
Do you like the cover change? 15 105 May 29, 2015 09:29PM
.❤YA Lovers❤: Isla and the Happily Ever After 2 20 May 18, 2015 01:57PM
Etienne, Cricket, or Josh ? 70 320 Apr 30, 2015 04:44PM
Kurt 8 112 Apr 26, 2015 03:51AM
Sparkles and Trid...: This topic has been closed to new comments. April BOTM | GEMS | Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins 1 2 Apr 04, 2015 07:29PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Anna and the French Kiss Trilogy by Stephanie Perkins - Restarting March 21st 2015 45 113 Mar 30, 2015 09:29PM
Addicted to YA: Isla and the Happily Ever After 10 112 Mar 20, 2015 02:48PM
  • Just One Night (Just One Day, #2.5)
  • Breathe, Annie, Breathe
  • Something Real
  • Split Second (Pivot Point, #2)
  • What I Thought Was True
  • Fire with Fire (Burn for Burn, #2)
  • The Unbound (The Archived, #2)
  • Open Road Summer
  • Every Word (Every, #2)
  • The Book of Broken Hearts
  • The Art of Lainey
  • Magnolia
  • Faking Normal
  • Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)
  • Crash into You (Pushing the Limits, #3)
  • Hollow City (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #2)
  • Ask Again Later
  • A Midsummer's Nightmare
Hi, there! I'm Steph, and I wrote ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS, LOLA AND THE BOY NEXT DOOR, and ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER. I also edited (and contributed a short story to) a romantic holiday anthology called MY TRUE LOVE GAVE TO ME. A companion anthology, SUMMER DAYS & SUMMER NIGHTS, will be released in 2016. My next YA novel will be horror—a teen slasher published by Dutton.

I don't check bl
More about Stephanie Perkins...

Anna and the French Kiss (3 books)
  • Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)
  • Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2)
Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories Untitled Standalone Untitled

“I am hard on myself. But isn’t it better to be honest about these things before someone else can use them against you? Before someone else can break your heart? Isn’t it better to break it yourself?” 271 likes
“Phones are distracting. The internet is distracting.The way he looked at you? He wasn't distracted. He was consumed.” 214 likes