Start by marking “Faces of Evil: Kidnappers, Murderers, Rapists and the Forensic Artist Who Puts Them Behind Bars” as Want to Read:

Riveting true story ofthe world's most successful forensic artist, Lois Gibson, and her thirteen most suspense filled cases. Gibson takesreaders inside the gritty atmosphere of forensics,going behind the scenes and into the victim's mind set as they seek vindication. ...more
Published January 1st 2006 by New Horizon Press

To ask other readers questions about Faces of Evil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faces of Evil

Marsha
Sep 29, 2011 Marsha rated it it was amazing
Lois Gibson was raped in her own apartment by an intruder when she lived in Los Angeles, California. As a result, she decided to dedicate her life to aid other victims in capturing their attackers. Gibson became a forensic artist in Houston, Texas. She aids survivors of horrific crimes by composing sketches of their attackers based on the victim’s recollections and memories to try and help capture the criminals.

What I found particularly interesting is that Ms. Gibson wrote that when she was rape
Laren
Apr 30, 2009 Laren rated it really liked it
Shelves: true-crime
I like true crime books, but I had not heard of this one until I happened to be in Borders when the author was holding a book signing. She is a forensic artist who lived locally in the Houston area, and this is her book about why she became a forensic artist, how her process works and many of the cases she helped solve.

She is actually listed in the Guiness Book of World Records as the artist who has helped solve the most crimes with her profile sketches. And yet the Houston PD didn't want to hi
Mayra
Apr 06, 2009 Mayra rated it really liked it
A true story of how lois turned her brutal experience into something that could bring justice to hundreds of victims of pervs and such. lois was raped in her apartment and she used this experience to helpo her help other victims of similiar incidents. She was a artist and she used he talents to do forensic sketches that put hundreds of criminals behind bars. she drew sketches of pervs and brought justice to the people thyat deserved it. she talks about ehat motivated her to keep going and help o ...more
Stacy Simpson
Aug 18, 2010 Stacy Simpson rated it liked it
This was a great book on the life and job of a criminal scetch artist. I enjoyed the book and for being over 300 pages read through it pretty fast!

I was disgusted to read of the crimes and more so the lack of punishment that allowed these vile men to continue on escapades of terror.

It just helps instill in my mind that the government has its own twisted ethics of population control...let killers go on and on until even the wicked hands that shove them forward are appalled.

My prayers are with the
Nonsequiteuse
Jul 06, 2010 Nonsequiteuse rated it really liked it
Lois Gibson, forensic artist for the Houston Police Department, painted my portrait when I was in 8th grade. She worked mostly from photographs, but had me sit a couple of times. While she worked, she talked to me about her work with the police department.

She told me that if I were ever attacked that I should try to remember some key feature (mole on the nose, scar, whatever) but NOT to stare and make it obvious to the attacker that I was memorizing his face. Scary but useful info.

The most chi
M
Dec 14, 2008 M rated it it was ok
This book wanted me to read it. I was annoyed all through it. I hated the title and the cover picture. But the author Lois Gibson and I share a lot of similarities, including religion.

I sent her an e-mail. I told her I don't know why I was compelled to read this book..but I did learn that --make sure your doors are locked..and if you are ever attacked..and you think you cannot remember the face, you will and she can sketch it. It's her gift. She also spoke of forensic anthropology and that is co
Diana
Sep 25, 2007 Diana rated it liked it
A forensic artist tells how she got into her occupation and of some memorable cases.

Very interesting and insightful. A little difficult to take at times.
Abril Mancilla
Abril Mancilla marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
Jenny Morrison
Jenny Morrison marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Paula Peterson
Paula Peterson marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Sandee Bright
Sandee Bright marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Kyle Mitchell
Kyle Mitchell marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Leona
Leona added it
Jan 19, 2016
Madeline Noelle
Madeline Noelle rated it it was ok
Jan 05, 2016
Tehila
Tehila marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Meghan Kibler
Meghan Kibler marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Gabriela Rios
Gabriela Rios marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Ale
Ale marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Kortney
Kortney rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2015
Merrilee
Merrilee rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2015
Terry Carroll
Terry Carroll rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2015
Nina Trček
Nina Trček marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Stella Volmer
Stella Volmer marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
William Staney
William Staney rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2014
Carole
Carole marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014