Start by marking “What's Yours Is Mine: A Novel About Sisters Who Share Just a Little Too Much” as Want to Read:
What's Yours Is Mine: A Novel About Sisters Who Share Just a Little Too Much

What's Yours Is Mine: A Novel About Sisters Who Share Just a Little Too Much

3.48  ·  Rating Details  ·  284 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Grace and Susannah have grown up to be as opposite as sisters can be. Grace is smart, successful, and happily married—but the one thing missing from her seemingly perfect life is the baby she’s unable to conceive. Beautiful Susannah is like a car crash in motion: Always in trouble, she’s been estranged from the family since abandoning her two sons from a disastrous early m ...more
Published June 28th 2011 by Bantam (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about What's Yours Is Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What's Yours Is Mine

Chloe
Mar 28, 2010 Chloe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although they are sisters, Grace and Susannah have never really been close. Susannah was always sickly as a child and consequently had the constant attention of their mother much to Grace’s chagrin. Grace, however, worked hard and was determined to make her father proud of her. She managed to do so, and is now happily married to Tom, and the pair have everything they could dream of. Everything, that is, except a baby.

Grace resents Susannah for the way she has treated her own 2 children, and the
Marie
Jan 13, 2014 Marie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Marie by: Quanti
Hlavní zápletka se točí mezi dvěma sestrami - dokonalou Grace a průserářkou Susannah. Tatínkova dokonalá holčička versus maminčina nejdražší. Už z přebalu víme, že "Setkání obou sester je zprvu jako setkání dvou bytostí z rozdílných planet. Přesto se dokáží shodnout na jedné věci: Susannah se stane náhradní matkou Graceina dítěte. Odnosí a porodí je, pak novorozeně předá jeho biologickým rodičům. Zádrhel nastane ve chvíli, kdy se Susannah rozhodne, že si dítě nechá…".

Zápletka opravdu na hranici
Aug 18, 2011 Sarah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Lynsey
Aug 09, 2011 Lynsey rated it liked it
Shelves: chic-lit
I thoroughly enjoyed this page turner, it was a lot more in depth than the blurb would have you believe, and more involved than your average bit of chic lit.

The story (& each chapter) is told from the different perspectives of various characters, giving you a more rounded view of them. It has enough twists & turns to keep you interested.

I'll certainly be reading another of this author's books.
Jasmine
Story-wise, I really can't say I liked the book.
That said, I thought the two sisters, Grace and Susannah, were amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed the brutally truthful way in which the reasoning behind their behaviour was depicted. It was like reading someone's personal diary and learning all about their darkest secrets, thoughts that no one in their right mind would dare to admit aloud.
Which probably goes to show what kind of person I am, but I find it refreshingly honest to see the realization of t
Chloe
Jun 26, 2014 Chloe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adults - or mature teens who can deal with a few naughty scenes
A good book, the first I've read.
Probably not something I'd pick up myself, but it was bought for me by my mum.

Susannah and Grace are sisters. Though Grace desperately wants a baby, she can't have one. Ironically, her sister Susannah, the irresponsible, untrustworthy druggie, has had two boys, and put them into care.
So what do you do when you have two sisters, an available womb, and a crazy plan?

I did like this book. The only bad thought that crossed my mind is that the author and her husband sh
Joan
Jul 29, 2011 Joan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Blech. Just stupid.
Michelle Robinson
The end of this book is so unrealistic that normally, I would be disgusted. I however, was so pleased that I was able to stick with it, I just relieved to make it to the end.

I have read other Tess Stimson books and loved them. This one just did not work for me.

I did not believe the choices the people made. I did not think the characters make choices that feel real.
For example, Susannah is so horrible, so disrespectful, she has a history of being completely irresponsible. So, even though Grace i
Tracy
Jul 10, 2012 Tracy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Grace is the perfect rich sister who can't have a baby. Susannah is the gorgeous, messed up sister who has already had two sons she put into foster care. She cannot support herself. When she comes home to London after a decade drifting in the US, working as a tattoo artist, the sisters decide Susannah should have a baby for Grace. Chaos ensues when Susannah thinks she would prefer to keep the baby. This book was pretty typical, but I loved a few things about it. First, the attorney Grace consult ...more
Lesley Lawson Botez
This is a tale of two sisters. One Grace is successful, plain, happily married and desperate for a child. The other Suzanne is beautiful, a drifter, single and the mother of two abandoned sons. Each sister tells her version in her own chapter, as does their mother who is in a coma as the book opens. It's an enjoyable, light hearted read that nevertheless raises some important points about family values and parents who favourite one child over another.
Holly Tellander
Apr 12, 2015 Holly Tellander rated it liked it
This book was both predictable and surprising, which is always a little unsettling. But there were enough surprises to keep me going and although I didn't completely understand why the characters acted the way they did at times – it felt realistic. All in all, it was a good read and gave me lots to think about in terms of family dynamics and the ways in which we can inadvertently and purposely hurt the ones we love.
Liane
Dec 06, 2014 Liane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Never read this author before, I will be looking up her books again in future for sure, it was fabulous! Much better than I anticipated, it was not predictable chick lit, it was more complex, in depth with many twists and turns while still remaining easy to read. Would recommend this book with confidence. :-)
Tereza M
Feb 06, 2014 Tereza M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Normálně tenhle typ literatury nečtu, protože romantika a lehká červená knihovna mě prostě nebaví. Ale tahle knížka je tak příjemně napsaná, že mi nezbývá než ji ocenit za pravděpodobně dost vysokou úroveň ve "čtení pro ženy". Po náročné lágrové literatuře by to pro někoho mohlo být úlevné odlehčení.
Herline
Sep 25, 2015 Herline rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well said, I don't like this book. Maybe it is simply because I don't like the genre. But somehow, I think that Tess has a great way in revealing the characters' thinking and feeling.
Quanti
Dec 03, 2013 Quanti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jo, je to chick-lit. Jo, zápletka je celkem nerealistická. Ale něco mě nutilo mačkat listovací tlačítko tak rychle, jako už dlouho ne, a být fakt zvědavá: nechá si to? nenechá si to? rozejdou se? zůstanou spolu?, že prostě musím dát čtyři hvězdičky. Takhle přesně by měla být oddechová literatura napsaná: děj je plný zvratů, hlavní hrdinové ani černí, ani bílí, na všech je čtenáři něco sympatického a něco ho štve. A přiznám se, že některé scény týkající se dětí mě rozbrečely, ale to je taková moj ...more
Iwik Pásková
Jun 17, 2015 Iwik Pásková rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kniha se mi celkem líbila, až místy na některé výrazy, které mi k ní vůbec nešly. Více naleznete zde: http://iwikovaknihovna.blogspot.cz/20...
Lynn
Jun 25, 2014 Lynn rated it really liked it
Shelves: light-reads
3.5 stars. A fun mindless read that keeps you turning the pages. Just what a summer read should be.
Book Wormy
Jun 27, 2014 Book Wormy rated it liked it
A complicated story of love and family, bit of a tear jerker in places.
Tania
May 18, 2014 Tania rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another quick but enjoyable read, but not quite as good as The Wife Who Ran Away, in my opinion.
Kristiana Alex
Co dělat, když jste v životě dosáhla všeho na, co jste jen pomyslela, ale to, po čem toužíte nejvíce je vám odepřeno? Grace byla vždycky ta úspěšná. Výborný prospěch, úspěšné absolvování univerzity, vdala se za hodného a milého muže, má vlastní firmu, dům. A teď, když už se cítí připravená na dítě, poprvé selhala. Proč zrovna ona? Proč to nemohlo potkat její nevyvedenou sestru Susannu?

Celá recenze na Books in Ashes
Angela
This was a lot like "Who Loves You Best." The chapters are told by alternating narrators and end in cliff hangers. I didn't really like how the next chapter would sometimes start off at a completely different point in time- way too confusing. I did like how the characters weren't what they seemed at the beginning of the book. Worthwhile, but not earth-shattering.
Alison Pashley
Nov 04, 2013 Alison Pashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this book!! A bit more 'meaty' than the usual chick lit. I'm not normally keen on books that tell the story through multiple characters, but it worked so well in this story and I really liked the overlapping bits, where the same conversation and scenario is repeated but from another character's point of view. Overall an excellent read, highly recommended.
Jo Barton
Jan 04, 2011 Jo Barton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sisters Grace and Susannah are completely different - one is as gracious as her name implies, whilst the other is a immoral wastrel - the story is a fast paced and lively account of what happens when worlds collide and the title "What's Yours is Mine " hits home like a bullet.
Easy reading chick lit -an ideal book for a cold winter's afternoon.
Diana
Aug 05, 2011 Diana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous, mindless beach read. I love that Tess Stimson makes almost all of her characters morally reprehensible. This makes for fun reading. None of it is really plausible, and at different points you cringe at the actions of each character, but you still read on. It is like the book version of a really bad reality show. I love it!
Kelly
Dec 15, 2012 Kelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I enjoyed this book almost as much as I was frustrated by it. The characters were well written but they lacked development during the novel so I felt a bit disappointed by how it all turned out. The plot itself was unique and well-written but there was something a bit too flat about it to justify a higher rating.
Vendea
Nov 03, 2013 Vendea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-own, 2013, rc
Velmi povedená kniha, která vezme za srdíčko a ukáže, jak daleko dokáže zajít zoufalství. Přečetla jsem jí jedním dechem a rozhodně doporučuji.

Recenze: http://vendeadreams.blogspot.cz/2013/...
Terri
Jun 26, 2011 Terri marked it as to-read
Adding this one to my list because I can never read enough "sister" books. I don't have a sister* so I read this feeling, in equal parts, envious and relieved.

* Anna, Joey and Solveig DO count ... :-)
Chelsea
Grace has everything except a baby, while her sister Susannah has nothing except a baby. This book is about them trying to reconcile, I guess. It was just okay.
Kim Martin-whyte
It was okay. I'd read another book by this author and enjoyed it a lot more. The characters are not very likable. The story becomes a bit tedious. A quick read.
  • The One That Got Away
  • S hlavou v oblacích (pejru)
  • Sea Fever
  • To Touch the Stars
  • Noc na Karlštejně
  • The Celebrity Shopper (Annie Valentine, #4)
  • Coming Home
  • Wild Things
  • Apocalypsis I
  • The Birthday Party
  • The Secrets We Keep
  • Sieben Tage ohne (Die Dienstagsfrauen #2)
  • Famous Last Words
  • Foursome
  • Après-Ski
  • Waxed
  • One Kiss in Havana
  • The Parisian's Return
Tess Stimson frequently contributes to newspapers and women's magazines. Born in England, she graduated from Oxford before working as a television news producer. Stimson is also the author of Hard News, Soft Focus, Pole Position, The Adultery Club, The Infidelity Chain (UK)/One Good Affair (US), The Nanny (UK)/Who Loves You Best (US), What's Yours Is Mine, The Wife Who Ran Away, The Lying Game and ...more
More about Tess Stimson...