What's Yours Is Mine: A Novel About Sisters Who Share Just a Little Too Much
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating

What's Yours Is Mine: A Novel About Sisters Who Share Just a Little Too Much

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  203 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Grace and Susannah have grown up to be as opposite as sisters can be. Grace is smart, successful, and happily married—but the one thing missing from her seemingly perfect life is the baby she’s unable to conceive. Beautiful Susannah is like a car crash in motion: Always in trouble, she’s been estranged from the family since abandoning her two sons from a disastrous early m...more
Paperback, 352 pages
Published June 28th 2011 by Bantam (first published 2010)
more details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.
This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Add this book to your favorite list »

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30 of 435)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  rating details
Chloe
Although they are sisters, Grace and Susannah have never really been close. Susannah was always sickly as a child and consequently had the constant attention of their mother much to Grace’s chagrin. Grace, however, worked hard and was determined to make her father proud of her. She managed to do so, and is now happily married to Tom, and the pair have everything they could dream of. Everything, that is, except a baby.

Grace resents Susannah for the way she has treated her own 2 children, and the...more
Marie
Jan 13, 2014 Marie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Marie by: Quanti
Hlavní zápletka se točí mezi dvěma sestrami - dokonalou Grace a průserářkou Susannah. Tatínkova dokonalá holčička versus maminčina nejdražší. Už z přebalu víme, že "Setkání obou sester je zprvu jako setkání dvou bytostí z rozdílných planet. Přesto se dokáží shodnout na jedné věci: Susannah se stane náhradní matkou Graceina dítěte. Odnosí a porodí je, pak novorozeně předá jeho biologickým rodičům. Zádrhel nastane ve chvíli, kdy se Susannah rozhodne, že si dítě nechá…".

Zápletka opravdu na hranici...more
Sarah
This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers. To view it, click here.
Lynsey
I thoroughly enjoyed this page turner, it was a lot more in depth than the blurb would have you believe, and more involved than your average bit of chic lit.

The story (& each chapter) is told from the different perspectives of various characters, giving you a more rounded view of them. It has enough twists & turns to keep you interested.

I'll certainly be reading another of this author's books.
Michelle Robinson
The end of this book is so unrealistic that normally, I would be disgusted. I however, was so pleased that I was able to stick with it, I just relieved to make it to the end.

I have read other Tess Stimson books and loved them. This one just did not work for me.

I did not believe the choices the people made. I did not think the characters make choices that feel real.
For example, Susannah is so horrible, so disrespectful, she has a history of being completely irresponsible. So, even though Grace i...more
Tracy
Grace is the perfect rich sister who can't have a baby. Susannah is the gorgeous, messed up sister who has already had two sons she put into foster care. She cannot support herself. When she comes home to London after a decade drifting in the US, working as a tattoo artist, the sisters decide Susannah should have a baby for Grace. Chaos ensues when Susannah thinks she would prefer to keep the baby. This book was pretty typical, but I loved a few things about it. First, the attorney Grace consult...more
Skrtla
Normálně tenhle typ literatury nečtu, protože romantika a lehká červená knihovna mě prostě nebaví. Ale tahle knížka je tak příjemně napsaná, že mi nezbývá než ji ocenit za pravděpodobně dost vysokou úroveň ve "čtení pro ženy". Po náročné lágrové literatuře by to pro někoho mohlo být úlevné odlehčení.
Quanti
Jo, je to chick-lit. Jo, zápletka je celkem nerealistická. Ale něco mě nutilo mačkat listovací tlačítko tak rychle, jako už dlouho ne, a být fakt zvědavá: nechá si to? nenechá si to? rozejdou se? zůstanou spolu?, že prostě musím dát čtyři hvězdičky. Takhle přesně by měla být oddechová literatura napsaná: děj je plný zvratů, hlavní hrdinové ani černí, ani bílí, na všech je čtenáři něco sympatického a něco ho štve. A přiznám se, že některé scény týkající se dětí mě rozbrečely, ale to je taková moj...more
Kristiana Alex
Co dělat, když jste v životě dosáhla všeho na, co jste jen pomyslela, ale to, po čem toužíte nejvíce je vám odepřeno? Grace byla vždycky ta úspěšná. Výborný prospěch, úspěšné absolvování univerzity, vdala se za hodného a milého muže, má vlastní firmu, dům. A teď, když už se cítí připravená na dítě, poprvé selhala. Proč zrovna ona? Proč to nemohlo potkat její nevyvedenou sestru Susannu?

Celá recenze na Books in Ashes
Angela
This was a lot like "Who Loves You Best." The chapters are told by alternating narrators and end in cliff hangers. I didn't really like how the next chapter would sometimes start off at a completely different point in time- way too confusing. I did like how the characters weren't what they seemed at the beginning of the book. Worthwhile, but not earth-shattering.
Alison Pashley
I LOVED this book!! A bit more 'meaty' than the usual chick lit. I'm not normally keen on books that tell the story through multiple characters, but it worked so well in this story and I really liked the overlapping bits, where the same conversation and scenario is repeated but from another character's point of view. Overall an excellent read, highly recommended.
Jo at Jaffareadstoo
Sisters Grace and Susannah are completely different - one is as gracious as her name implies, whilst the other is a immoral wastrel - the story is a fast paced and lively account of what happens when worlds collide and the title "What's Yours is Mine " hits home like a bullet.
Easy reading chick lit -an ideal book for a cold winter's afternoon.
Diana
Fabulous, mindless beach read. I love that Tess Stimson makes almost all of her characters morally reprehensible. This makes for fun reading. None of it is really plausible, and at different points you cringe at the actions of each character, but you still read on. It is like the book version of a really bad reality show. I love it!
Kelly
I enjoyed this book almost as much as I was frustrated by it. The characters were well written but they lacked development during the novel so I felt a bit disappointed by how it all turned out. The plot itself was unique and well-written but there was something a bit too flat about it to justify a higher rating.
Vendea Eclee
Velmi povedená kniha, která vezme za srdíčko a ukáže, jak daleko dokáže zajít zoufalství. Přečetla jsem jí jedním dechem a rozhodně doporučuji.

Recenze: http://vendeadreams.blogspot.cz/2013/...
Terri
Jun 26, 2011 Terri marked it as to-read
Adding this one to my list because I can never read enough "sister" books. I don't have a sister* so I read this feeling, in equal parts, envious and relieved.


* Anna, Joey and Solveig DO count ... :-)
Kim Martin-whyte
It was okay. I'd read another book by this author and enjoyed it a lot more. The characters are not very likable. The story becomes a bit tedious. A quick read.
J. Madison
If you have a sibling to whom you are complete opposites this story is very close to reality! It keeps you interested even after the story ends!
Angie
Again, I really wish I could give it 3.5 stars. The whole book was a 4 but the last several chapters were kind of annoying. The end was ok though.
Emery
wish i could do 3.5 stars. This was a pretty good book. I liked the deep and emotional story. It is definitely a tear jerker.
Anne
Plot got a bit convoluted before it ended but was okay for a quick read.
Kam
Very good book. Couldn't put it down!!!!
Mag
Awkwardly written. Unbelievable plot.
Tania
Talk about tugging on the emotions.
Joan
Blech. Just stupid.
Sami Sayed
Sami Sayed marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
  • Crazy in Love
  • Foursome
  • The Celebrity Shopper (Annie Valentine, #4)
  • Nebezpečná láska (Bavettovi, #1)
  • Coming Home
  • Never Google Heartbreak
  • Buzz
  • Midnight Girls
  • Bad Girls
  • Men I've Loved Before
  • His Other Lover
  • The Cupid Effect
  • A Summer Fling
  • Yours, Faithfully
  • It's a Kind of Magic
  • Leave It to Cleavage
  • Ewig Dein
  • Das andere Kind
648003
Tess Stimson frequently contributes to newspapers and women's magazines. Born in England, she graduated from Oxford before working as a television news producer. Stimson is also the author of The Adultery Club, One Good Affair, and Who Loves You Best. She lives in Vermont with her family, and is currently at work on her next novel, What’s Yours Is Mine, which will be published in 2011.
More about Tess Stimson...
Who Loves You Best The Adultery Club The Infidelity Chain The Wife Who Ran Away The Lying Game

Share This Book