Start by marking “Molly Moon, Micky Minus, & the Mind Machine” as Want to Read:
Molly Moon, Micky Minus, & the Mind Machine

Molly Moon, Micky Minus, & the Mind Machine (Molly Moon #4)

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,757 Ratings  ·  120 Reviews
She knows what you're thinking . . . no really,She knows what you're thinking.

Molly Moon is back from the future—and this time, she can read minds.
Published October 19th 2010 by HarperCollins (first published September 25th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Molly Moon, Micky Minus, & the Mind Machine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Molly Moon, Micky Minus, & the Mind Machine

Feb 11, 2008 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mostly Girls
Recommended to Jennifer by: Jessie Gula
When Molly Moon is told about her twin brother by her parents she goes after him! As she goes back to the future she becomes captured and she is forced to get in a mind machine. After she comes out she finds a power she didn't know about! She could read minds! With her new power she makes everything back to normal in the future. Will she make it? Find out!
♥Emma♥
To me, this book was not great. No matter how much I tried, it was just not captivating and I couldn't get myself to like it. Part of the reason was probably because I didn't have a chance to read all the other books. I was really upset when they didn't have the first book in stores so I decided to just skip to the other. I'll make sure never to do that again because it totally spoiled the book for me. One of the reasons I even wanted to get the book is because I am a total dog fanatic.

I though
Eleonara
Well, a few years ago I checked out a bunch odf this series from the library/ I accedently read this one, the fourth and last book in the series at the time, because Georgia Byng DOESN'T number her books! It is impossible to tell which is which and that is perhaps my only complaint. I loved the characters and how quick the plot went. I think that this one is actually my favorite Molly Moon book out. I guess it's because, when I read a book I want to be transported to a different place. Of course ...more
Tannis
Dec 30, 2008 Tannis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the fourth book in the Molly Moon series.

This time, Molly discovers that she has a twin brother named Micky who was kidnapped and taken far into the future. So Molly travels to the future to get him back, but an evil genius Chinese girl called Princess Fang captures her and puts her in a mind machine which removes all her hypnotic know-how, but the zapping through her brain awakens the power to read minds! Molly now has to save the world from Princess Fang and bring Micky back.

Same old,
Jisu
Jun 24, 2013 Jisu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I loved all the other books in the Molly Moon series but you have to admit that this is going too far. Another power?? That is like the fourth. It just builds up too much and Molly Moon has all these powers and she hardly ever gets to use them!

It was a well written story though and I liked it. Mind-reading is a cool power to have though I was disappointed that it wasn't clearer! (Like in twilight)
Roza
May 07, 2009 Roza rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ashley
Oct 04, 2010 Ashley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Really? Still a well-written story, but really? This girl has FOUR secret powers she didn't know about now? Hmm.
Colleen Ridge
Sep 07, 2009 Colleen Ridge rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was soooo good! I can't remember much though but in some parts it gets confusing...
Chazzi
Feb 04, 2016 Chazzi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juvenile, mystery
Molly Moon, Rocky and Petula are off on special adventure to find Molly's twin brother and bring him home. Molly has recently found out that she has a twin that she has never met. His name is Mickey and he was stolen from the hospital. Molly has made a promise to find her twin and bring him home. With her abilities of hypnotism and time travel this should be a piece of cake. Instead it turns out to be a dangerous adventure that could leave Molly living in the far future in a world completely dif ...more
Mur Lafferty
This was another fun Molly Moon read, even using interesting methods to knock Molly down to not having as much power as she's had before. Molly discovers she has a twin and goes forward in time to find him, and finds a very strange world ruled by a sophisticated, sadistic six year old and some hypnotized human-animal hybrids. Rocky has a small role but is missing for most of the book. Petula is the constant intelligent companion, and she meets more people and animals willing to help her along.

mi
Elizabeth  Fuller
May 30, 2011 Elizabeth Fuller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My second grader is devouring books these days - some I read to him, some he reads to himself, and some I read part of and he reads part of. But I've been having a hard time feeding this voracity with thematically and intellectually appropriate books. Although my son is a second-grader, he reads at around a sixth-grade level. This means that most books geared to second graders don't provide much of a challenge for him...while most books written for middle-school reading levels contain themes tha ...more
Monica
Very creative! This one (#4) really ramps up the excitement, but also, annoyingly, the bathroom humor. It got to the point where my little boys weren't even reacting to the mention of farts or dung bombing. I could've done without all the smoking, too. I don't think it was necessary to the underlying point that was trying to be made by it.
Henka
Jul 15, 2015 Henka rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Craziest episode in the Molly Moon series as of yet. Though it almost completely lost touch with reality (which I can't really say, since it mainly takes place in the year 2500 or so) I really liked the book. As always, the story is vividly described and reads like a runaway train. I greatly recommend this series to children aged 10 to 15.
Astrid Vidal
Apr 23, 2015 Astrid Vidal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book alot. I like that in the book it is like real life but it have so many twist in it. I liked the part when they found the other half of the bracalet. Its was so cool i hope that they have book like this but in my reading level, Oh how i hope they do!
Dawn Teresa
2.5 stars, I think. Very disappointing as I had enjoyed the earlier books. Much of the charm of Molly Moon books is the relationship between Molly and Rocky. By the middle of this book, Rocky was absent from the story and the plot just plodded along and got way too ridiculous. Could have used serious editing. Perhaps a younger reader would enjoy some of the silly, over-the-top weirdness, but not sure a young attention span could have stayed with it long enough to do so. The book dragged on and o ...more
Helen
Sep 13, 2008 Helen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Helen by: jameslhelena@bellsouth.net
Shelves: children-s-books
Molly Moon is able to time travel and use hypnosis to control people. She has discovered that she was born a twin and that her brother was taken from the hospital where they were born and all evidence of his existence had been erased, except from the minds of her parents. She makes up her mind to find her twin brother and try to bring him back to their parents. This adventure involves time-travel, time-freezing, hypnosis, and much courage on Molly's part, especially when she travels to the futur ...more
Ali Mac
Song: Linger (by the Cranberries)
Awesome song.

MY RANDOM OUTBURST: I loved this book. The villain was evil, the main characters were fabulous, and the plot was fantastic. Molly Moon isn't a movie. And I still wonder why. Molly Moon, Micky Minus and the Mind Machine is a wonderful book for people of all ages; and a great addition to the series. Although the second and third Molly Moons' weren't that good, this book has put the series back on track. And next, a spotlight falls upon the fifth and fi
Lesley Mcneely
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Heather
Jun 15, 2009 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm reading this aloud to my seven and a half year old and six year old, whoa re enjoying it immensely. Unlike Desperau, which was a quick, if boring, read, this is a slower read and yet the time passes more quickly... I find myself stopping reading aloud to them and then sneaking in another chapter before I put the book down myself. The villan is weird enough to be sincerely creepy, but not so scary that my kids can't sleep after I read to them, and the storyline is engaging and creative. The d ...more
Anaya Acton
Apr 17, 2014 Anaya Acton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting and exciting. A bit more weird than the others cuz she travels into the future. But still an amazing book!
Marit Lien
Never got to finish this book. I don't think my 10 year old self understood much of it.
Elyssa Boardman
Sep 03, 2014 Elyssa Boardman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I believe what happens in this book will be exactly what happens in the future.
Scott Williams
b9912d4b-0e77-407f-bdaa-99d12e8c2b80
Riley Schatz
Loved these books when I was younger.
Lily
May 10, 2010 Lily rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really did not like this book. It is either the fourth or the fifth in a serise that should have been stopped after the first book. The author took advantage of the first stories success and realy stretched the limit of bearable writing. The characters are as shallow as side-walk puddles, the plot is a jumble of half-formed ideas and the end is left gaping, probably an opening for the next repulsive story Ms. Bing is going to churn out.
Sofie Noble
Sep 20, 2009 Sofie Noble rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the final book in the Molly Moon series and the ending was very heartwarming. The main character, Molly turns out to be very lucky and ends up having the perfect life! It's a very twisted ending from what her life was like in the beginning. The story was very good and the plot was better than the others. I think I liked this book best of all because it had the most interesting plot.
Tristan
Mar 22, 2011 Tristan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am 8 yrs old and read October 2009 for the first time. This is the third I've read in the series and my favorite so far. Creative and unique storyline plus it has parts that are funny, cool and even a tiny bit creepy, but I was never scared. I would have been scared back when I was seven.

Read AGAIN just before turning 10. GREAT SERIES.
stephanie cat
May 04, 2008 stephanie cat rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Whoever likes it...
Recommended to stephanie by: The awesome girl in the bookstore with the pink hair and Anberli
Eh... This was not the best book in the world, nor even close to the quality of the first two books. It shows how Molly Moon travels into the future and finds her long-lost brother, who was stolen away by a time-traveling baby thief. Sounds good? If you like that sort of thing, good for you. Read the book. If not, just walk away.
Dempsey
Oct 23, 2009 Dempsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book! Even though it is the fifth(I think) in the series it is just as great as the first! Molly Gets to try and rescue her brother who has been kidnapped as a child and brainwashed. It is cool to see the way the author makes them act similarly because of the fact they're twins.
Madison2
Sep 13, 2009 Madison2 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am currently reading this book and so far it is great! It is very detailed and very interesting! You won't belive what happens to molly! She goes in search of something and ends up where she should not be! But that is all I can tell you, but you can also find out yourself!

• Stories of Ourselves: The University of Cambridge International Examinations Anthology of Stories in English
  • The Life of a Teenage Body-Snatcher
  • Here Comes Garfield
  • Ponies
  • Monsterology (Ologies, #6)
  • The Puzzle Ring
  • I, Freddy (The Golden Hamster Saga, #1)
  • The Glory Wind
  • Twice the Spylet (Jane Blonde, #3)
  • Queen of the Dead (The Undertakers, #2)
  • The More, The Merrier (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #8)
  • The Rise (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #3)
  • Clarice Bean Spells Trouble
  • Mrs. Gorski, I Think I Have The Wiggle Fidgets
  • Time Quake (The Gideon Trilogy, #3)
  • Olivia Kidney and the Exit Academy
  • Fred and Ted's Road Trip
  • Girls Dinner Club
Lady Georgia Mary Caroline Byng, (b. 1965), is a British author of children's books and a former actress. Her first writing was for a comic strip, and her first published book was The Sock Monsters. Byng's best known work is Molly Moon's Incredible Book of Hypnotism and its sequels, about a girl who finds a book about hypnotism and learns how to hypnotize people. Georgia's first published item was ...more
More about Georgia Byng...

Molly Moon (6 books)
  • Molly Moon's Incredible Book of Hypnotism (Molly Moon, #1)
  • Molly Moon Stops the World (Molly Moon, #2)
  • Molly Moon's Hypnotic Time Travel Adventure (Molly Moon, #3)
  • Molly Moon & the Morphing Mystery (Molly Moon, #5)
  • Molly Moon & the Monster Music (Molly Moon, #6)