Start by marking “Chase the Moon” as Want to Read:
Chase the Moon

Chase the Moon

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  346 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews

Elijah Moon, his sons, his beautiful daughter Gracie and their families are trying to dwell simply in this modern world. Living off the land in rural Kentucky, they adhere closely to the words of the Bible. But there is more going on at their compound than either Elijah or Gracie realises. In fact, a man has been killed for knowing too much. When the victim's twin, Jake Ba

Published (first published August 22nd 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Chase the Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chase the Moon

jenjn79
A pretty typical Dinah McCall book. I enjoyed it, but didn't love it as I did "Storm Warning." The romance was good; it had a more traditional development than the angsty "I don't love you, I just want to screw you" feel that so many romance books have. The plot wasn't all that suspenseful in that you knew what exactly was going on. It was mostly a matter of how it would be resolved in the end.

I had tears in my eyes at the beginning of the book because of what happened. And what happened to John
Marilyn
This book is a keeper and I will read many times over.
Monique Atgood
Feb 23, 2013 Monique Atgood rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a bitter sweet suspense love story.

SYNOPSIS with NO SPOILERS:
Undercover ATF agent is murdered. His identical twin and Government Agent Jake, goes undercover to find the killer in a militia style compound complete with anti-government wackos who dragged their wives and children to live like Amish hippies up the mountains of Kentucky.

While searching for his twin’s killer, Jake meets Gracie Moon, the daughter of the leader of the compound. Gracie is trapped by her own stupidity and bad cho
Aug 29, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Older book by Sharon Sala (Dinah McCall). Elijah Moon takes his large family (7 boys, 1 girl) into the mountains of KY after becoming fed up with the "path" of society. He builds a self-sustaining religious based cult. His eldest son takes the opportunity to direct them into illegal activities.

After his twin is killed trying to bring down the cult, Jake infiltrates the group using his brothers identity and falls for Elijah's only daughter Gracie. What follows is a story about the power of famil
charmaine White
Jun 20, 2015 charmaine White rated it it was amazing
Good

Good t they last page.I enjoyed every minute of this ebook.I don't know how she does it each book is better than they last.
Pamela
Jan 31, 2013 Pamela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
as with all of Sharon Sala books the characters are real and easy to get attached to. "Gracie Moon" and "Jake" are no exceptions. every book I've read so far has good and bad...happy and sad.. you know .."reality of Life." I still intend to read every book She has written. Pick up any book from Sharon Sala and I believe you wont be dissapointed!
Mum
Feb 03, 2013 Mum rated it really liked it
A very interesting story about twins. Not her best-written effort, but an enjoyable read nonetheless. Everyone in the story had a cross to bear, but none seemed to actually wrestle their demons to the ground. The characters wrestled these demons until the demons were weak, then were saved, except for the antagonist.
Gail
Nov 06, 2011 Gail rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hero’s twin brother is killed while investigating a cult for arms violations. Hero goes in to find the murderer and falls for a woman who’s related to the murderer, but not involved with any of the crimes. She’s just taking care of her father. Lots of twists, turns and suspense. Good read.
Mary Gualandri
Nov 09, 2011 Mary Gualandri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my all-time faves! I loved Jake and Gracie so much!
Lesli
Jul 14, 2010 Lesli rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, 1997
Typical Sharon Sala/Dinah McCall fare. Fast paced.
☆°•..  Jillie Anne ..•°☆
It was a retro read. A good read for when it was written.
Julie
Apr 20, 2012 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast becoming one of my favorite authors.
Nurul Akmal
was given as a birthday present from my friend
Suzette
Jun 27, 2012 Suzette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great book
Prue Hawken
Prue Hawken rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2016
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2016
brendaray
brendaray marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
shanay
shanay marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Feb 29, 2016
Heidi Merriman
Heidi Merriman marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2016
Woodenpoet
Woodenpoet marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
Linda Hardy
Linda Hardy rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Samantha Pankow
Samantha Pankow rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Lydia
Lydia marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Crystal
Crystal rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2016
  • Perkawinan (The Wedding)
  • Second Chances
  • Love: Undercover (The Doolittle Stories, #2)
  • The Maverick (Long Tall Texans, #33)
  • The English Witch (Trevelyan Family, #2)
  • Mistress: Hired for the Billionaire's Pleasure
Dinah McCall is a pseudonym for author Sharon Sala.

It was a job she hated that drove Sharon Sala to put the first page of paper in an old typewriter, but it was the love of the craft that kept her writing. Her first efforts at writing came in 1980 when she began a book that wound up under her bed. A second book followed in 1981 and suffered a similar fate, but she claims the writing bug had bitten
More about Dinah McCall...