Start by marking “Murder Under a Mystic Moon (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #3)” as Want to Read:
Murder Under a Mystic Moon (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #3)

Murder Under a Mystic Moon (A Chintz 'n China Mystery #3)

4.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  742 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
From the USA Today bestselling author of the Otherworld novels.

Medium Emerald O'Brien looks into the disappearance of a missing biker-only to stumble upon his dead body in the woods. The police believe a wild animal killed him, but Emerald is convinced the killer is one of human nature.

Published January 4th 2005 by Berkley Books (first published January 4th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Murder Under a Mystic Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder Under a Mystic Moon

Amanda
Mar 10, 2011 Amanda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
There are happy endings, and then there are over the top, unrealistic, "murderer confesses double homicide to arresting officer" while "arch-rival buys several hundred dollars' worth of china from Heroine in a gesture of appreciation" and "Ecstatic Boyfriend buys lot next door and promises to propose on her next birthday" endings. Taken individually, any one of these unbelievable outcomes would spoil a good mystery, but when all occur in the same novel within the final two chapters, the result i ...more
Aurian Booklover
Emerald O’Brien is not amused when journalist Cathy Sutton from KLIK T.V. wants to interview her again. They had a few not so nice run-ins before. And now she wants her to let her intern George, a wannabe-psychic, observe her in action? There is such a thing as client confidentiality. So when George doesn’t get what he wants, and has to pay for some expensive china he destroys, he tries to destroy Emerald’s reputation by questioning her abilities as a psychic in public, or rather, on public t.v. ...more
Angela
May 09, 2013 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again, Emerald finds herself drawn into a murder mystery. Her friend, Jimbo, has come to her for help and when a rough and tough biker comes to you for help you best help in any way you can. Jimbo's friend, Scar, has disappeared and he is thinking the worst, but wants Emerald's help to see if she can reach out with her special abilities to find him whether he is alive or dead. Emerald finds Scar all right, but not alive like Jimbo hoped. He is dead, and Emerald is leaning toward murdered an ...more
Cherie
Mar 30, 2008 Cherie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I very much enjoyed this 3rd book in Galenorn's Chintz 'n' China Mystery series. On the personal front, Emerald's relationship with Joe is beginning to get a bit more serious. And now Autumn is in full swing and the town is getting ready for it's annual Early Autumn Breeze Celebration.

Emerald has also become good friends with Jimbo the biker, who featured in the previous book. And now, Jimbo's friend Scar has gone missing, and tales point to the legendary Klakatat monster, supposedly living in
Kera
May 28, 2014 Kera rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was given to me to read during a weekend camping trip and I fell in love with the characters and now I must go back and start the series at the beginning. You can really connect to the characters and you find yourself cheering or jeering depending on good guy or villan.
Carolyn Jenkins
Aug 21, 2015 Carolyn Jenkins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Magic and Mayham Mixed Together

Emerald's life continues to be mixed with both danger and wonder. The reader will find it heartwarming and also scary. It is a great addition to the Chintz 'm China Series.
Dixie
Oct 06, 2015 Dixie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy read...good story.
Anam Ali
Jan 26, 2014 Anam Ali rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ugh it really dragged. I'm hoping the next one is better!
Ann
Apr 14, 2016 Ann rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Murder, mystery and paranormal. Great combination for an entertaining read
Wendi
Jan 16, 2012 Wendi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really love the way Yasmine pulls together a mystery. The pacing and flow of word choice and plot make her stories easy to read. The relationships she's creating in this series are a discovery on each page. And the way she drops hints here and there and misdirection to keep me guessing makes it easy to want to read another in this cozy mystery series.
girl writing
Apr 09, 2009 girl writing rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an entertaining series. Neat spin on witch, second sight, folklore knowledge about how to deal with the supernatural. Just your average divorced mom trying to make things work while having to kick some ghost butt. The interactions between the mom and her children seems a little forced and unnatural at times...but that's my only complaint.
Patrice
Sep 07, 2010 Patrice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one had some good character development, for a lot of other characters besides Emerald, which I liked. It also pulled characters and issues from previous books into play for increased complexity that's interwoven with the mystery without bogging the story down. I like how everything flows together well.
Lynn Lipinski
Interesting amateur sleuth mystery; nice twist to have the protagonist be a mystic who can communicate on the astral plane. But boy oh boy, what a "Scooby Doo" ending! You know the kind, where the gang of pesky kids catches the bad guy who then conveniently confesses his crimes.
Sirena
Jul 25, 2007 Sirena rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read_in_2007
I give things three stars when they're not particularly good, but not terrible. Usually things I'm reading when I don't have anything really good to read. Those fluffy books. This is one of those. Not bad enough to give only two stars, but nothing redeeming.
Catsalive
Mar 19, 2015 Catsalive rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2007
This was the best of the first three. Galenorn seems to have found a rythm now & Emerald's character is developing well, as are all the secondary characters. I've reached a point where I'll really be looking forward to the next installment.
Jeannie Lopez
Jan 08, 2014 Jeannie Lopez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this long ago mystery s !
Lisa
Dec 16, 2010 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Parts of this book were really good. At times, I felt like I was re-reading the same section and the plot was moving very slowly. It was good but not really what I was expecting.
Sandra Guerfi
Apr 21, 2014 Sandra Guerfi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Second time I've read one of this series and I liked it much better than the last. Stayed fast paced and had a good story line. Was a great brain candy pick.
Tammy
Sep 19, 2013 Tammy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is probably the one I like best of this series, so I give it 3.5 stars. What can I say, Emerald is growing on me...and Murray...and Harlow...etc. ;)
Rexanna Ipock-Brown
There is the magic and mystery with a turn or two. I stayed up too late reading this book too many nights! Always a sign of a good book for me!
Jacque
The was my favorite of this series so far. The ancient mystical power in the mountain and its guardian warriors really caught my imagination.
Cindi (cheesygiraffe)
May 17, 2008 Cindi (cheesygiraffe) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008-read
Oh another joyful read. I figured out who the murderer was about 3/4 the way through. Poor Em having to deal with Cathy Sutton too much in this one.
Linda Cee
May 15, 2012 Linda Cee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, fantasy, romance
I love the plot and the settings but some of the characters were a little flat... still, I'd give the other books in the series a chance.
Linda Wisdom
Nov 23, 2010 Linda Wisdom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I truly enjoy Yasmine Galenorn's mysteries and love re reading them. She gives us a fun setting.
Bradley
A fun and quirky mystery. This tale was fun and enjoyable. Not for me, but definitely well written.
Carol
Apr 29, 2009 Carol rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the Chintz n China series and wish Yasmine would write more of them.
Lee
May 28, 2012 Lee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

A fun quick read. A little far fetched but I definitely enjoyed it.
Gina
I don't know why I keep reading this series...
Susan Shea
Jun 25, 2009 Susan Shea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book three in this paranormal mystery series
Sandi Niklas
okay, but seemed a bit far-fetched
  • The Witch's Grave (Ophelia & Abby, #6)
  • Scent to Her Grave (A Bath and Body Mystery, #1)
  • Avenging Angels (Beaufort & Company, #3)
  • Dead and Kicking (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #3)
  • Larceny And Lace (A Vintage Magic Mystery, #2)
  • Ghouls Gone Wild (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #4)
  • Where There's a Witch (A Bewitching Mystery, #5)
  • Laced with Magic (Sugar Maple, #2)
  • The Chick and the Dead (Pepper Martin, #2)
  • A Charming Cure (Magical Cures Mystery, #2)
Yasmine Galenorn is the New York Times, Publishers Weekly, and USA Today bestselling author of the Otherworld Series (Sisters of the Moon), the Fury Unbound Series, the Whisper Hollow Series, and the Fly By Night Series. In the past, she also wrote the Indigo Court Series, two mystery series and eight nonfiction metaphysical books. She is now turning toward the indie side of publishing and bringin ...more
More about Yasmine Galenorn...

A Chintz 'n China Mystery (5 books)
  • Ghost Of A Chance (A Chintz 'N China Mystery, #1)
  • Legend of the Jade Dragon (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #2)
  • A Harvest of Bones (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #4)
  • One Hex of a Wedding (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #5)