Start by marking “Pro ASP.NET MVC 3 Framework” as Want to Read:
Pro ASP.NET MVC 3 Framework

Pro ASP.NET MVC 3 Framework

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  143 ratings  ·  15 reviews

The ASP.NET MVC 3 Framework is the latest evolution of Microsoft's ASP.NET web platform. It provides a high-productivity programming model that promotes cleaner code architecture, test-driven development, and powerful extensibility, combined with all the benefits of ASP.NET 4-->--> In this third edition, the core model-view-controller (MVC) architectural concepts are

Paperback, Third Edition, 852 pages
Published June 26th 2011 by Apress (first published March 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Pro ASP.NET MVC 3 Framework, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pro ASP.NET MVC 3 Framework

Muhammad Haggag
This is a good guide to ASP.NET MVC. It's divided into three parts: Introduction, Details, and "Delivering Successful MVC Projects".

The first part in particular is excellent, as it follows a hands-on approach with the creation of a simple e-commerce application. There's excellent emphasis on unit-testing; almost every feature you add has unit-tests listed right behind it.

The second part delves into the details of the main MVC building blocks. Most of these were touched upon in part 1, and part 2
Tugberk Ugurlu
This book is amazing. For a beginner on ASP.NET MVC, this might be a little overhead but it really covers how the framework processes and goes a lot under the covers.
Mohammad Abu-Ali
I believe this is a great book to learn ASP.NET MVC from. Well structured, simple language, sufficient examples and practical tips.
Luigi Berrettini
MVC is a must for your web app and this book not only teaches you how to use this framework but also how to extend and customize it!
Ben Rand
I especially liked the first half of the book and the emphasis the authors placed on testing. Finally a book that demonstrates the way to do it, rather than just saying, "and of course you'd want to do testing here..." I got bogged down in the middle of the book (and set it aside for several months) as it gets into some pretty technical stuff and ditches the tutorial of the first half. Understandable, I guess, due to the nature of the content. I'm sure it will serve as a good reference...if I ev ...more
Stephen
An excellent book to learn MVC3. The authors' style is readable and engaging and there are tons of code samples to follow. I think that they may have addressed the topics of dependency injection and Entity Framework a bit too early. They are essential topics to building a flexible MVC app, but can be a bit daunting for the newbie (OK, the book says "pro" in the title, but chapter 4 felt a bit early).

If you're a developer looking to learn the newer web technologies, this book lays a good foundati
Husein
An excellent book about MVC3. I am giving it four stars because there were quite a few typos and coding errors that I easily solved. But regardless, this book teaches you a lot and shows you many great tips regarding MVC3 and unit testing your code. If you want to be up and running pretty quickly, then this is a book for you.
Will
It's a great book for learning ASP MVC. It doesn't baby you, but it does give many examples and tips.

I did skip over a lot of sections that I didn't think I would need.

Maybe it would've gotten 5 stars if I were more interested in the subject matter.
Glenn
Adam clearly has a lot of experience with MVC. His prior book on MVC 2 had some great code for writing "wizard" pages which I wish he had kept for this edition. This book is still full of great code and insight into using the technology.
Eric Miller
Clear writing helps make an advanced topic easier to understand. Freeman has become my go-to tech writer for new topics.
Stephen Jaworanski
An excellent resource for those who want to keep on top of new web development tools and practices...
Prasad Jachak
Its very helpfull to understand new asp.net mvc concept..but ef is not in detail where it lacks...
Sheldon
Great read, I learned a lot but I know I will keep going back to it for reference.
Sergio Venicius
another one of few books to use as guide while learning how to use asp.net mvc. Helpful.
Maksud
is book use full for me
David Smitherman
David Smitherman marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Aliya Kuramshina
Aliya Kuramshina is currently reading it
Feb 12, 2015
Suofy
Suofy marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Şirin Jouda
Şirin Jouda marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
  • CLR via C# (Pro-Developer)
  • Pro C# 2010 and the .NET 4 Platform
  • Dependency Injection in .NET
  • The Art of Unit Testing: With Examples in .NET
  • C# in Depth
  • Framework Design Guidelines: Conventions, Idioms, and Patterns for Reusable .NET Libraries
  • Beyond Software Architecture: Creating and Sustaining Winning Solutions
  • jQuery in Action
  • Effective C#: 50 Specific Ways to Improve Your C#
  • Microsoft .NET: Architecting Applications for the Enterprise: Architecting Applications for the Enterprise
  • Head First C#
  • Secrets of the JavaScript Ninja
  • JavaScript Patterns
  • Programming WCF Services
  • The Art of Agile Development
  • Working Effectively with Legacy Code
  • Object Design: Roles, Responsibilities, and Collaborations
  • MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-536): Microsoft® .NET Framework 2.0�Application Development Foundation: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0--Application Development Foundation

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Pro ASP.Net MVC 4 Pro AngularJS Pro ASP.NET MVC 5 The Definitive Guide to HTML5 Pro jQuery