Start by marking “Baked To Death (Simon Kirby-Jones Mysteries #4)” as Want to Read:
Baked To Death (Simon Kirby-Jones Mysteries #4)

Baked To Death (Simon Kirby-Jones Mystery #4)

Published July 1st 2006 by Kensington (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Baked To Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baked To Death

Natalie
Feb 20, 2012 Natalie rated it really liked it
Very sad to come to the end of the last of this little series, but I have to say, it ended in style, and it was my fave of all 4 of them!
I completely love Simon and Giles, and wish I could go and live in Snupperton Mumsley, it sounds like the most fun village in England (well, asides from all the murders, of course!)
Karen
Oct 26, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
I really got into this book and I had fun imagining these characters in costume and loved the language Dean James used for his characters. I was guessing right up to the end. I also loved the ending of this book. I truly hope Mr James writes another book in this series, I would line up to buy it!
Lainy
Sep 13, 2012 Lainy rated it liked it
Time Taken To Read - 3 days

Blurb From Goodreads

With the help of some dandy little pills, Simon can get through his first summer in Snupperton-Mumsley with only a mild aversion to the sun. On the other hand, his assistant, Giles Blitherington, is bemoaning the beginning of the season. A medieval faire is coming to town--and setting up tent practically in Blitherington Hall's backyard. It doesn't take Simon long to don tunic and tights and gambol straight into controversy. The group putting on the
Ellen
Apr 09, 2012 Ellen rated it it was amazing

Baked To Death (Simon Kirby-Jones Mysteries)
by Dean James
Edition: Hardcover

Continuing a wonderful series, August 10, 2011

This review is from: Baked To Death (Simon Kirby-Jones Mysteries) (Hardcover)
This was my 4th read in this Simon Kirby-Jones series by Dean James. IF I've gotten to the 4th book in a series someone is doing something right and that someone must be Dean James. All I can say about Dean is that he most certainly is a gifted writer and developer of characters.

I really apprec
Grey853
Jan 26, 2011 Grey853 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, gay, supernatural
Sharon Cox
Apr 18, 2015 Sharon Cox rated it really liked it
I've spent the last few days reading all four books in this series and I've really enjoyed them. They are cozy mysteries which are set in a small village in England. Simon Kirby-Jones is a gay vampire who finds himself investigating murders. If you are concerned with the terms gay and vampire each is not a major factor in the series. Simon has his little pills which make it possible to head out into the sunshine as well as live without drinking blood.
I liked the writing in the books and I reall
Earl
Jul 23, 2012 Earl rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2008
Posted to Death. Faked to Death. Decorated to Death. Baked to Death. Books by Dean James. I wanted a light mystery series and found this series of 4 books featuring a gay vampire detective- Simon Kirby Jones. "Gay vampire" was the ploy used to differentiate itself from other cozy mysteries but the character was taking anti-vampire pills which defeated the whole purpose. Also, there seemed to be an unbelievably high number of gay characters in each book. Certain characters, dialogue and situation ...more
Beth
Dec 29, 2012 Beth rated it liked it
This was a solid three stars with a four star ending. The story itself was okay, but the sheer profusion of gay characters became a bit wearying. I mean, there cannot possibly be that many gay men wandering around the average English village. But the ending made up for anything lacking in the rest of the book, plus some.

Although I would be happy to read another Simon Kirby-Jones book in the future if the author decides to write one, I felt like this was a solid end to the series and gave us clos
Hilary Williams
Sep 24, 2015 Hilary Williams rated it really liked it
Enjoyable fourth and last book in this series about a gay history author from America living in a small English village, who is secretly a successful romance and mystery author and by the way, a vampire. A vampire whose need for blood and sun "allergy" is controlled by medication. Additionally in the tradition of British cozy mysteries, murders happen around him (as he calls it the "Jessica Fletcher syndrome") and he solves them.
Diane Heath
Feb 17, 2014 Diane Heath rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
A medieval faire comes to Blithington Hall. An old friend, Tristan also comes to Laurel Cottage in an attempt to reconcile with Simon. Simon faces the choice of Tristan or Giles. This is complicated by telling Giles that he is a vampire. The death of one of the medieval "dukes" also becomes a complication since the victim knew Tristan's secret and wanted to become a vampire. His death solved one problem but made Tristan a suspect..
Chris
Jun 26, 2010 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay, done, mystery, owned, 2012
3.5 stars. Good gay mystery in which an old friend shows up trying to regain Simon's affections and a medieval fair provides a dangerous distraction. This was the last book in the series and one thing had to happen for me to be happy with how it ended. I'm happy. :)
Sonnet
Dec 29, 2016 Sonnet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The plot wasn't quite as good as the previous ones (as far as I can recall), but I found it to be a great conclusion to the series--assuming the author doesn't write a new one. Hint hint. And I did enjoy the ending,
Julia
Jun 09, 2012 Julia rated it it was amazing
Love the Ren Fest setting, and particularly love the ending. :)
Catherine McMahon
Jan 05, 2016 Catherine McMahon rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable read. Interesting characters and a good plot.
Michelle
Dec 06, 2009 Michelle rated it liked it
learned a lot about festivals reading this book also learned about culture and food preperation.
Dan
Jan 06, 2011 Dan rated it really liked it
.. really enjoyed this series
Andrea
Nov 27, 2013 Andrea rated it really liked it
Fluffy and fun read. Enjoyed the character development.
Fanficfan44
Jun 28, 2013 Fanficfan44 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-mystery
Excellent cozy. See full review here: http://angrygreycatreads.com/2013/07/...
Sineala
Mar 24, 2015 Sineala rated it liked it
Gay vampire mystery writer solves ren faire murder mystery! Wheee!
Windy
Sep 12, 2012 Windy rated it did not like it
I'm afraid I just wasn't in the mood for Simon this time around. I skimmed through this one and quickly passed it on.
Mic Villamayor
Sep 27, 2011 Mic Villamayor rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-and-owned
Setting and premise are very interesting. A fast, interesting and somehow sweet,read.
Drianne
Mar 21, 2015 Drianne rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, mystery
Very nice. Enjoyable, brought the romance (not really the focus, but still) to a conclusion, so yay.
Linda
Jun 07, 2010 Linda rated it liked it
I totally wasn't expecting the gay vampires in the book but once
I got past that aspect I really enjoyed the mystery in the story and the setting at a medieval fair.
Rosemary
Aug 11, 2012 Rosemary rated it liked it
More gay vampire fun and a lovely ending!
Christian
Christian rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2016
Sunny
Sunny rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2012
Louise Smith
Louise Smith rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2017
Julie Austin Edwards
Julie Austin Edwards rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2012
Joan McLean
Joan McLean rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Cited to Death (Jamie Brodie Mystery, #1)
  • Murder In The Rue Ursulines (Chanse MacLeod, #4)
  • Aunt Dimity, Vampire Hunter (An Aunt Dimity Mystery, #13)
  • The Ghost and the Haunted Mansion (Haunted Bookshop Mystery, #5)
  • Pisces Rising (Elizabeth Chase, #4)
  • Requiem in Leather (Deputy Joe, #4)
  • Deadly Patterns (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery #3)
  • Redeemer of Shadows (Tribes of the Vampire, #1)
  • A Simple Suburban Murder (Tom Mason & Scott Carpenter, #1)
  • Ghost in the Polka Dot Bikini (A Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery, #2)
  • Let Them Eat Stake (Vampire Chef, #2)
  • Final Notice (Miss Zukas, #6)
  • Hex on the Ex (A Mind for Murder, #3)
  • Lessons in Discovery (Cambridge Fellows, #3)
  • Song in the Dark (Vampire Files, #11)
  • Fragmented (Shadow Mountain #2)
  • It Happened One Knife (Double Feature Mystery #2)

Simon Kirby-Jones Mystery (4 books)
  • Posted To Death (Simon Kirby-Jones Mysteries #1)
  • Faked To Death (Simon Kirby-Jones Mysteries #2)
  • Decorated To Death (Simon Kirby-Jones Mystery #3)