Start by marking “Mortgage Answer Book” as Want to Read:
Mortgage Answer Book

Mortgage Answer Book

2.89 of 5 stars 2.89  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  3 reviews
What kinds of mortgages are available to me? How do I get a mortgage? How large a down payment do I have to put down to get a mortgage?

For most people, buying a house is the largest purchase they will make during their lives. However, it is the loan to buy the house that can add hundreds of thousands of dollars to your overall cost. The Mortgage Answer Book answers the mos
Published August 1st 2008 by Sourcebooks, Incorporated (first published November 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Mortgage Answer Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mortgage Answer Book

Kris
I do not recommend this book, especially since one of the four key points mentioned under Improving Your Credit Score states: "Cancel unnecessary credit cards".

Mortgage 101...NEVER ever close any lines of credit before purchasing a home. :/

This is common mortgage sense. And I worry for the reader who picks this book up trying to learn, because this book is misleading and obviously the author wasn't very educated.
Harvey
Oct 06, 2014 Harvey rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Harvey by: Dallas Public Library
Nothing too deep here. May be a good read if you're relatively new to mortgages/debt considerations, but I couldn't tell much about the value. Not for the advanced financial reader or investor with debt experience.
Read Ng
A simple and easy guide for the novice home buyer. Understandable for those that don't buy mortgages very often.
Mario E.
Mario E. is currently reading it
Jan 25, 2015
Van Flemming
Van Flemming marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Tay
Tay marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2012
Sacha
Sacha added it
Apr 19, 2010
The Real Estate Dictionary Landlord's Rights & Duties in California The Complete California Landlord's Kit (Complete . . . Kit) California Power of Attorney Handbook Mastering the MBE: Test-Taking Strategies for Scoring High on the Multistate Bar Exam