Start by marking “Mortgage Answer Book” as Want to Read:
Mortgage Answer Book

Mortgage Answer Book

2.89 of 5 stars 2.89  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  3 reviews
What kinds of mortgages are available to me? How do I get a mortgage? How large a down payment do I have to put down to get a mortgage?

For most people, buying a house is the largest purchase they will make during their lives. However, it is the loan to buy the house that can add hundreds of thousands of dollars to your overall cost. The Mortgage Answer Book answers the mos
Published August 1st 2008 by Sourcebooks, Incorporated (first published November 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Mortgage Answer Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mortgage Answer Book

I do not recommend this book, especially since one of the four key points mentioned under Improving Your Credit Score states: "Cancel unnecessary credit cards".

Mortgage 101...NEVER ever close any lines of credit before purchasing a home. :/

This is common mortgage sense. And I worry for the reader who picks this book up trying to learn, because this book is misleading and obviously the author wasn't very educated.
Oct 06, 2014 Harvey rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Harvey by: Dallas Public Library
Nothing too deep here. May be a good read if you're relatively new to mortgages/debt considerations, but I couldn't tell much about the value. Not for the advanced financial reader or investor with debt experience.
Read Ng
A simple and easy guide for the novice home buyer. Understandable for those that don't buy mortgages very often.
LORRAINE marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2015
Hassamwa marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Mario E.
Mario E. is currently reading it
Jan 25, 2015
Van Flemming
Van Flemming marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Tay marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2012