Start by marking “The Gemini Game” as Want to Read:
The Gemini Game

The Gemini Game

After the death of her grandfather, Karen Caldwell fled Seven Oaks, leaving her family and its prestigious thoroughbred stables -- as well as the bad memories -- behind. She moved north to Pittsburgh, started a successful clothing business, and began a new life. Now, eight years later, another death mysteriously summons her home.

But her family is not pleased by her sudden
Published March 1st 1994 by Thomas Bouregy & Company

To ask other readers questions about The Gemini Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gemini Game

Diane Lynn
Really more like 3.5 stars

This story was written in 1994 and is very short at 183 pages. It was surprisingly good and the mystery had a little twist.

First line: There was no one to meet her at the bus stop.

Karen Caldwell left her home, Seven Oaks, in South Carolina after her grandfather's death. She was all of eighteen years old and was a bit troubled. She ran to Pittsburgh and after a few years was a successful business woman with a boutique clothing store. As the story starts, eight years have
Karen
Jan 19, 2012 Karen rated it liked it
The Gemini Game doesn't quite feel like a Susanna Kearsley novel. It's not simply because Susanna's style and voice were still evolving -- it's because there's a little more emphasis on the romance than in her later books. I'm not "anti-romance" by any stretch of the imagination, but it's like when you have a favourite recipe. If, when mixing the ingredients, the proportions are different than you're used to, you just won't like it as well, and in a romance novel, there are certain elements of " ...more
LJ
Gemini Game - G
Susanna Kearsley
After eight years building a career in Pittsburg, Karen Caldwell arrives back at her South Carolina home after receiving an anonymous telegram pleading for her return. One of her older twin brothers, Alex, killed in a tragic automobile accident leaves the family circling like buzzards over the remains of the family estate, a wealthy racehorse stud and training farm. Imagine when out of the blue, after eight long years away, Karen steps back into their lives and in
Hannah
Jan 06, 2015 Hannah rated it it was ok
Shelves: mysteries, 2015-reads
Rating Clarification: 2.5 Stars
Linda
Mar 09, 2017 Linda rated it liked it
Shelves: s-carolina
Can't hold a candle to her later books.
Denise
Feb 07, 2012 Denise rated it liked it
Susanna Kearsley is one of my favorite authors and i have read all of her more recent stuff. On her website she states "These are both quite short books (50,000 words) and, while I’m fond of them as early works, they’re honestly not up to the standard of my later and longer novels." I agree - there really is no comparison to her more recent works. Having said that this was not a bad book - I enjoyed it and it was a quick one night read that just lacked the depth of what I have become accustomed ...more
Julie
Nov 02, 2014 Julie rated it it was ok
I was somewhat disappointed in this second novel. Most authors I've read show a real leap in skill from book 1 to book 2. This one was a let down. It became much more predictable than the first and the main character lost some of her strength and independence falling in love. Will read on with this author as the later books get a much higher rating.
Nieca
Mar 31, 2015 Nieca rated it it was ok
So, I understand why the author wrote this on her website, "while I’m fond of them as early works, they’re honestly not up to the standard of my later and longer novels." This was OK, but not nearly as absorbing as her other works. I missed my mini history lesson.
Charissa
Sep 28, 2011 Charissa rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
Very fast, easy read about a girl who runs from her life at 18 and starts a new one. The death of her brother summons her home, but her family isn't happy. It was good!
Kathy Sebesta
Nov 23, 2014 Kathy Sebesta rated it liked it
This is only her second book so it's not fair to expect the more polished writer of current day. However, The Gemini Game definitely shows her talent and where she's headed.
Joy Daniels
Joy Daniels rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2012
Locheneileen
Locheneileen rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2009
Cheyanna
Cheyanna rated it it was ok
Dec 05, 2013
Amber
Amber rated it it was ok
Feb 27, 2012
Lee Ann
Lee Ann rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2009
Joey Williams
Joey Williams rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2015
Roseyjojo
Roseyjojo rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2014
Myrna
Myrna rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2014
frolic
frolic rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2017
Wingsong
Wingsong rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2014
Linda Shields
Linda Shields rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2014
Trish
Trish rated it liked it
May 09, 2012
Robin Joy
Robin Joy rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2017
Cecile
Cecile rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2014
Ali Wasiliew
Ali Wasiliew rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2012
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
May 15, 2016
Camille
Camille rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2015
Dikran Kechichian
Dikran Kechichian rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2013
Barb in Maryland
Barb in Maryland rated it it was ok
Jul 13, 2008
Kristina
Kristina rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Five Past Midnight
  • Undeniable Attraction (Attraction Series, #1)
  • Dead Air (Talk Radio Mystery #1)
  • Mother Be The Judge (DI Turnbull #1)
  • Killer Heels (Molly Forrester Mystery, #1)
  • The Sleeping Beauty
  • Centenary at Jalna (Whiteoaks of Jalna, #16)
  • The Sweetness of a Simple Life: Tips for Healthier, Happier and Kinder Living Gleaned from the Wisdom and Science of Nature
  • The Dead Tree
  • Messages (New Beginnings, #1)
  • Dark Alley: Stranger (Dark Alley, #1)
  • In the Shadow of the Moon
  • Maya Running
  • NOT A BOOK: Broken Sky
  • Sins and Virtues
  • Dream Wrecks
  • Due Date
  • Every Time We Say Goodbye
Aka Emma Cole.

Susanna Kearsley studied politics and international development at university, and has worked as a museum curator.

Her first novel Mariana won the prestigious Catherine Cookson Literary Prize and launched her writing career. Susanna continued her mix of the historical and paranormal in novels The Splendour Falls, Named of the Dragon, Shadowy Horses and Season of Storms.

Susanna Kearsle
More about Susanna Kearsley...