Start by marking “You Are My Sunshine” as Want to Read:
You Are My Sunshine

You Are My Sunshine

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  163 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Illustrated by the best-selling artist, Caroline Jayne Church, finally this classic song is becoming a children's board book!

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.
You make me happy when skies are gray.

Lovingly illustrated by Caroline Jayne Church, the bestselling artist from I LOVE YOU THROUGH AND THROUGH, this is the first of her new three book song series. YOU ARE MY SUN...more
Board Book, 12 pages
Published January 1st 2011 by Cartwheel Books

To ask other readers questions about You Are My Sunshine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Are My Sunshine

Kendal Dastrup
“YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE” by Jimmie Davis is an animated version of the children’s song. I had no clue it was a book until I walked into Barnes and Nobel and saw it with my own eyes. It’s a literal take on the children’s song that we all know and love. Little children hold onto their teddy bears and sing them the song. I had never pictured the song to be about a child singing to their toy but it is a darling little book.
Something I really liked about this book was the way the text was laid out. Bec...more
Salvador Gómez
Hahahaha me encontré este libro de 12 páginas en la librería y lo leí, es un lindo poema o canción, lo que sea me gustó
Jenny Schramm
I really thought that this was a cute book. I really like the way they had the drawings done. I think that this is a cute book for little kids, because as you read the book they can sing the famous song. They are able to act out this song how they want to make it more interactive and fun. I think that this would even be a great book for kids even as young as 5 years old.
Steven R. McEvoy
This book is twelve pages of board book fun. It follows 6 different children as they play with their teddy bears and sing the well-known nursery rhyme to them. With great illustrations that convey much love and feeling, children of all ages will love this book and read it time and time again. Caroline Jane Church has authored or illustrated over 90 books; my children have loved all of them that we have read. This book is part of a new series based upon known nursery rhymes with the first two tit...more
Emily
This book was excessively cute, but in this case excessive was a good thing. I loved the board book style that makes it so easy to read with toddlers. The illustrations were also very adorable. The pictures, plus having the words of the song written on the page make this book a fun learning activity. I can definitely see myself reading this with me kids.
Schuyler
If you like to sing to your children, this is a good book to sing to them. The pages are made of thick cardboard material, so toddlers might not chew through them quite as fast as paper. The lyrics are well known and it's a fun tune for kids to learn. The pictures were very nice and friendly as well.
Nicole Martin
This was such an adorable book. The pictures were colorful and vibrant, and they fit along with the lyrics of the song very well. This is definitely a book that I would read to my young children.
jacky
The lyrics to the popular song with adorable illustrations.

I love this illustrator. Each page spread shows an adorable young child with a special lovey toy. This book can be read as the reader (most likely a parent or other loving relative) expressing her love, or as the children expressing their love for their special toys. I liked that idea.

I read this hoping to find another book by this illustrator to use as a special birth day book for my second child, but I felt this wasn't specific enoug...more
Morgan
I loved this book. I use to have it sung to me every night before I went to bed when I was younger. I love, love, love it. It was colorful and captured the song sweetly.
Summer
I love singing this song to my son, so I couldn't resist buying him this book. The fact that it was written by a former Louisiana governor is a bonus.
Sherri
Short book with the lyrics of the song. The pictures are very cute.
My kids love this book, and enjoy singing along with me as we read it before bedtime.
Tonya
I love this story and the illustrations are great. It is great for kids and they can see the text and learn the song.
Maureen
This simple board book is a good companion for the song "You are my sunshine." The words follow the lyrics of the song exactly so a caregiver could sing or read the story. The pictures are simple and appealing to toddlers. Each 2-page spread shows a different child with their favorite stuffed animal. A very sweet, but simple book for caregivers to share with their little ones.
Courtney
I always sang this song to Bobo when I was trying to soothe him or lull him to sleep. The book takes a different look at this song by making a tribute to loveys everywhere. I love the illustrations and the cover is shiny to attract little eyes.
NixLapi
We have a number of books illustrated by Charlotte Church and they are vibrant, fun and kid-friendly. My daughter loves any books that we can sign to her, so this is a big hit in our house... and a great soothing go-to-sleep song.
Tricia
Adorable little board book to share with baby...lyrics are the classic song paired with adorable illustrations of children interacting with a teddy bear.
Leah
Such a great song! Paired with cute illustrations, this would be great for a babytime. Parents could sing/read along since the text is so well known.
Kacey Gilpin
A gift for Avery from Donna Wylie when Emmie was born.
Kelly
I have always enjoyed Caroline Jayne Church's adaption of songs into illustrated children's book formats. This is no exception.
Katie Casey
Lyrics of the classic "You are my Sunshine" song accompanied with cute illustrations. Perfect bedtime read-aloud.
Amanda
Love the illustrations. My toddler and preschooler want this book sung (sang?) over and over and over!
Huda
U make me happy when skies are gray (:
Angie Harrold
Likes it only when I sing it :)
Thia
board book simple and small
Sara
SK
SK added it
Oct 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Girls' Ministry Idea Book Great Gospel Songs of Jimmie Davis Nobody's Darling But Mine: 1928-1937 Nobody's Darling But Mine: 1928-1937 You Are My Sunshine: 1937-1948