Zane's Tale (Succubus Diaries, #2.5)

Zane's Tale (Succubus Diaries #2.5)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  750 ratings  ·  65 reviews
A Succubus Diaries Short -- After Succubi Like It Hot, Zane has a few changes in his life...but is the vampire happy with his choices? Or does he regret the path he has chosen and the succubus he has left behind?
Published October 26th 2010 by Jill Myles

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under The Covers

If you love bad boys, or Zane, the bad vampire in Jackie's life, you'll enjoy this beautiful story. Zane had to give up the love of his life, Jackie. He has now gone back to the Queen of Vampires to serve her and is staying away from Jackie, his succubus, while knowing that Noah, the gorgeous sexy fallen angel she know completely belongs to.

But you have to love a bad guy, or bad vampire, with a heart. He truly misses her, thinks of her constantly, and re...more
Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)
I love the Succubus Diaries series by Jill Myles and I can not wait for the 3rd book, My Fair Succubi. Zane's Tales takes place after Succubi Likes It Hot. Zane is dealing with the consequences of giving up Jackie. He is struggling with the separation but he knows that it's best if he wants to keep Jackie safe. He's now back underneath the Queen's thumb and it doesn't look like there's a way for him to get out from under it. The ending made me fall even more in love with Zane. It broke my heart....more
Julie Read Our Lips! Book Review Blog
Zane’s Tale is a short read – about 19 pages – and gives us an insight to Zane’s point of view as he’s watching Jackie from afar.

In reading the last book, Succubi Like It Hot, Zane makes a sacrifice towards the end of the book, and leaves Jackie with Noah to save her from the evil clutches of his vampire Queen.

In Zane’s Tale – Jackie has moved in with Noah and she is busy packing for the archeological dig she and Noah are going to in Mexico. It’s nighttime and Noah is out for the night – leaving...more
Blodeuedd Finland
Be still my heart, this novella was only 12 pages or so but it still packed enough for my heart to break over Zane. I love him, Team Zane!

This story takes place between book 2 and 3 and he has given up Jackie but in this we see how tormented he is because he had to give her up. And deep his love for her is. It is quite heartbreaking and it makes me love him all the more (and think Noah is so boring and that she should dump him).

A short tale but an insight into Zane's heart that you do not want t...more
MISS VAIN
If this story isn't a short tale of selfless love, I'm not sure what is.

My heart was already breaking for Zane and his sacrifice he has made for the woman he loves and now the evil Queen Bitch had to destroy his beautiful wings too! :(

This was sad, but it caused me to be even more Obsessed love him even more.
Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines)
Awww, I miss Zane. This makes me want to read My Fair Succubi again.
Aly is so frigging bored
I can't believe the bi*ch vampire queen did that to Zane!!!
Tresa da BookNerdette
Netha
cerita pendek yg sangat menyayat hati ihik ihik......

ini cerita setelah buku 2 setelah zane mengatakan pada jackie bahwa mereka tidak akan bisa bertemu kembali.....

duhhh bener deh kalo yg tadinya milih jackie dengan noah setelah baca zane's tale ini pasti ga akan begitu kekeuh lagi jackie dengan noah.

zane memang vampire, fallen angel yg menjual jiwanya demi mendapatkan sayapnya tapi dia benar2 mencintai jackie.
demi jackie dia menyerahkan kebebasannya sendiri.
dia rela jadi yg tertindas pdhl zane...more
Jill
This book comes in between books two and three of the Succubus Diaries and shows where Zane was when he stepped aside to let Jackie pursue her archaeological dreams with Noah by her side. Since the other books are all told from Jackie's perspective, we don't get to see much about where Zane and Noah are when they are not a part of her life. It brought a more human element to his character and brought forward more of his inner struggles. This was a very quick read, good for one sitting. While I'v...more
Jackie
Dec 06, 2010 Jackie marked it as read-2010  ·  review of another edition
Read on my Nook App on my computer in short order and totally loved this very poignant look into what happens in between "Succubi Like It Hot-Succubus Diaries #2" and "My Fair Succubi-Succubus Diaries #3" releasing end of December....
Zane has left Jackie and returned to serve his Vampire Queen Nitocris, and he is not thrilled to be home!
This novella details a period in time where for her safety Zane has abandoned Jackie and she has no recourse but to return to her other Master Noah... This story...more
Bookwormgirl
I picked this story for two reasons, one I needed a Z title for the A-Z Book Challenge and two I wanted to see if I would like to read the authors succubus stories.

The writing style was good. I got an immediate feel for both the character Zane, and his world. I thought he was an interesting character and the story nicely illustrated a day in the life of Zane the Vampire.

After saying all that, I won't be picking up any of the Succubus books. I didn't like the glimpse of Jackie and while Zane was...more
Esther Diaz
guys i love zane i'm so happy that Jill give us a little taste of him. after she is making him stay away from jaki but anyways. I love him as a character sense the first moment i don't think him as evil but mostly as a little bad boy with his best interst at hand and that is as it look before in book 2 SUCCUBI LIKE IT HOT when u really get to see that he is caring and all that he is so very sexy and strong but what i like the most is that he is mam enough to do what ever it takes to make sure Ja...more
Shannon (Savhage Temptrest)
Really enjoyed this short story in the Succubus Diaries series!

Zane's Tale takes place in between Succubi Like It Hot and My Fair Succubi, and really gives the reader an inside look at Zane and how he's coping with his separation from Jackie.

I cannot wait until the next book comes out in 2011!
Jodi
First book in series to read since got free. To Short to really enjoy.
Jessica
I don't think I've come across a short story that has moved me the way this one did. Wow what a GREAT story. My heart still aches and my stomach still turns when I think about this book. As much as I hate what happens in this book, it was still very nice to see this side of Zane!!! And if you haven't already connected to Zane's character (as if anyone hasn't) you will definetely be drawn to him when you're done with this short story. Jill Myles has truly outdone herself with this story!
Monroe
Oh Zane...you left and returned to that stupid Queen of yours and now you're nothing but a pawn in her game!

This was a super short story so really there's not too much to say but of course I loved it! It made me love Zane even more than I already did! I hurt for him...he's in such pain being away from Jackie! =( All I can say is we BETTER see him in My Fair Succubi (I dont think Jill could keep him away for long)!

READ IT! Its a free read at barnesandnoble.com
Robin
This world had a lot of potential, but I wasn't sure about it from just this short story. A lot of the rules weren't exactly clear-- as to how things work-- but I suppose they were clear enough I could follow the story. I just think if there had been more explanations I would have been able to get into the story more. Overall, though, it was an interesting story and I would read more from the author if the opportunity arouse.
MsBDiamondDiva1
For this to be a short story, it was very well written. Poor Zane, he has gave up Jackie and now she is Noah's; but Zane is having a tought time with dealing with the decision. Zane is a total masterpiece, he is the bad guy; but he plays it so well (because deep down, bad guys have feelings too). This book is basically about his feelings for Jackie and how he must submit to the vampire queen to keep his love safe.
Meigan
This still remains one of my favorite series. Very short story that is told from Zane's POV. If you've read the second book, you know the choice Zane is forced to make in order to keep Jackie safe. This novella is a reminder of that and points out how tough it is for both Zane and Jackie to be living that way. Nitocris is also in this novella and it just hammers home what an evil wench she truly is.
PurplyCookie
If you're just looking for a paranormal short story featuring the inevitable tortured paranormal longing for the girl of his dreams that he somehow can't have, this should do the trick.

I kept waiting for something a bit creative, but it never came.

Book Details:

Title Zane's Tale (Succubus Diaries #2.5)
Author Jill Myles
Reviewed By Purplycookie
harlequin {Stephanie}
I liked the ending, but I was hoping the story would be about how zane became a vampire instead of some short story were he's pinning for the pin head, Jackie. I haven't seen a better example of a whipped male since reading the anita blake series. Thank you for ruining my zane envy (I might recover but I am so imagining him with a different female protagonist, if you can even call her that).
cathepsut
This is a little filler in the Succubus Diaries series. I haven't read any of the actual books so far, so I was a bit hazy on the details. A vampire as a fallen angel with black wings is a new take on the theme for me. It didn't exactly grab me, but as a teaser it wasn't bad. I might return to the series at some point.

Free download available at Smashwords.
Maggie
This is what I meant when I wrote my review for the first prequel, "Foreplay." This one has Zane's POV (yay!), and really shows me something (Zane's feelings/motivations/depth of feelings for Jackie/willingness to self-sacrifice for her) I hadn't seen in the regular series. Buy now! It's a freebie on Amazon! (Still a bit short for the $3 asking price, in my opinion.)
Karen
The description of this on Amazon notes that it's not meant to stand alone, and indeed it does not. The world's already built when the story starts, and no road map is provided. I think a bit more meat would have made this a better vehicle to draw me into the series. On the plus side, this had no glaring editing or proofreading errors to take me out of the story.
Maria Mercedes The Oracle Reviews
Ok I tried to read this series and I actually put it down the first time ....worse...I didnt think i would pick it up again so i gave the books away. *Facepalm* What was I thinking!!!!!?????? Someone smack me ...hard! Zane's little Novella has inspired me to pick these up again! I just ordered the first in the series!
FlibBityFLooB
Admîttedly, my rating stems from me not realizing this was part of a series when I picked it up for my kindle. I probably would have liked it had I read the first book... instead, I was dropped into a world mid-story and didn't enjoy it. However, you can learn from mistake and will likely enjoy the story.
Amanda Freeman
LOVE the succubi series by Jill Myles. This book provides more character development for characters I already love. I cannot put her books down. Great sense of humor, great character development, and very entertaining. I often catch myself smiling and laughing out loud when reading her books.
Cathy
This is a short story that was free for Kindle. Part of a larger series.
Zane is the prince of vampires, subservient to the Queen Nitocris. However, he is in love with a succubus, Jackie. He lets her go to save her from the queen's wrath.
Stupid story, really.
  • Hidden by Blood (Sweetblood, #1.5)
  • Going Berserk (Berserker Mate's, #1.5)
  • I Thought It Was You (Grimm's Circle, #2.5)
  • Stunner (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #0.75)
  • Vampire Dreams Revamped (Sons of Navarus, #0.5)
  • Out of the Box (On the Edge)
  • Aaibhe-Shee Queen (Legend, #0.25)
  • Wraith's Awakening (Para-Ops, #0.5)
  • Legacy of the Witch (The Portal, #0.5)
  • Victoria Gardella: Vampire Slayer (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #1.5)
  • Reaper's Justice (WesternWind #7.5)
  • The Summons (Shadowlands, #0.5)
  • Bloodlust
  • One Last Bite
  • Micah's Magick (Elemental Witches, #4.5)
  • Elfbitten (Taryn Malloy Fantasy, #1)
  • Blood in the Marsh
  • Under a Midnight Moon (Werekind #2.5)
JILL MYLES is the author of the Succubus Diaries from Pocket Books. Jill also writes as Jessica Clare and Jessica Sims.

A NOTE ABOUT FRIENDING: I will happily friend you back if you friend me! Goodreads is, after all, about discussing books we both love. I will NEVER self-promote my books to you. And if you self-promote your books to me, no matter how nicely, I'm deleting you off my list. Sorry. Go...more
More about Jill Myles...
Wicked Games (Games, #1) Gentlemen Prefer Succubi (Succubus Diaries, #1) Succubi Like It Hot (Succubus Diaries, #2) My Fair Succubi (Succubus Diaries, #3) Foreplay (Succubus Diaries, #0.5)