Start by marking “Brazil (Lonely Planet Guide)” as Want to Read:
Brazil (Lonely Planet Guide)

Brazil (Lonely Planet Country Guide)

Lonely Planet Brazil
Wander the streets of bohemian Lapa, where samba spills from every doorway
Swim eyeball-to-eyeball with hundreds of exotic fish in crystalline waters
Brave near-vertical descents on a wind-whipped dune buggy ride
Sling a hammock and relax as your riverboat glides up the Amazon
In This Guide:
Seven authors, 375 days of in-country research, 33 types of tran
ebook, 7th edition, 768 pages
Published January 1st 2008 by Lonely Planet (first published October 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Brazil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brazil

Chill Inn Hostel Paraty
Jul 15, 2013 Chill Inn Hostel Paraty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brasil
This is a great option for getting some of the very needed info while travelling Brazil.
But you may also want to comunicate properly with the locals. Specially for a more rich experience.
The area we are interested, Paraty in the state of Rio de Janeiro is midly covered, while providing info about our historic centre, the guide provides not so much info on the natural surroundings of Paraty. Wich is a hughe rain forrest reserve that used to be a colonial gold trail... quite a big deal. There are
Ocelot
Sep 03, 2015 Ocelot rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always love the Lonely Planet guide books. They always start off with such wonderful pictures and the top 20 or 10 of places to visit. For example, in Brazil, the best tourist attraction, according to them, is Pão de Açúcar. It's a lovely mountain with a lovely view of golden beaches and green hills with skyscrapers on the shore. Pick up a copy from Amazon, or your local bookstore to find out the rest! I like the beginning most, because each of the places in the top 20, have their own page in ...more
Rob
Sep 07, 2014 Rob rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel-guide
I had the latest edition; but I reverted back to the 7th edition (2008), mainly because the older versions featured more destinations, and had more all-round information. The recent editions have purged the less popular and "off-the-beaten track" destinations, and have become less informative for independent Travellers, especially when it comes to overland itineraries and what the transport options are overland.
Melissa
[2010.10.05] Used 2008 7th edition to plan the Brazil portion (approx 3 weeks) of our Fall 2010 South America trip. Bought and printed out portions of the e-book pdf. Sections used: Rio de Janeiro, Belo Horizonte, Cuiaba, Brasilia, Manaus, Sao Paulo, Foz de Igaussu. For information that's basically three years old already (2008 book really means 2007 research), it's pretty good. The maps are all still decent. Hours (even if it were a 2010 book) should be double-checked either during planning or ...more
Cheryl
Jan 22, 2008 Cheryl rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was pretty helpful and served as a good orientation prior to my trip to Brasil. I think Rani may have put me on to it (thanks!). I didn't really use it much to get thru Salvador since we were in a program that did just that, but I found it really helpful when I was in Rio. I remember going to an awesome 3 story Samba club that was reviewed in this book. Plus the Sunday hippy (discount shopping) market...very helpful indeed =)
Jo Flack
Mar 18, 2014 Jo Flack rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just bought this to build up my own anticipation for my future trip to the World Cup. I love the lonely planet series, not actually so much for the travel advice but more for the sections on the history of the country, the cuisine, the landscape etc. Love sitting in the sun leafing through these sections learning about the country I am lucky enough to find myself in.
Luci
Oct 29, 2013 Luci rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very informative travel guide. Useful insights about locations, food and other culture. Enriched my entire Brazil trip. Was especially happy to have a map of Ilha Grande, a place I was most happy to visit and hope to return to again. Nice sections about Carnival in the different areas, which helped me appreciate that unique experience in Salvador even more.
Andrew
Dec 17, 2012 Andrew rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
Although I didn't get the chance to travel too widely in Brazil, I found that this guidebook was pretty useful in giving accurate local information. However, it is a bit dated, and some of the information on visa requirements and on the specifics of obtaining a local SIM card were off.
Jeffrey Warner
Jul 09, 2014 Jeffrey Warner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stumbled across this on my bookshelf and thought back to all the time I spent reading and re-reading through this text- both before and during our trip to Brazil. It was an extremely helpful and valuable book. Definitely recommended.
Ana Reads
Aug 27, 2010 Ana Reads rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brazil
Just bought this book for my trip to Brazil! =]
E
Mar 21, 2007 E rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: party people!
getting ready for my trip!!! so inspiring!
ashley
Nov 25, 2008 ashley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
YAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!
Anne Juliette
Anne Juliette rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Miloš
Miloš rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2016
Alex
Alex added it
Sep 03, 2016
Frank
Frank added it
Aug 30, 2016
Jim Kruse
Jim Kruse marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Steve Cartledge
Steve Cartledge rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2016
William Ericson Ladd
William Ericson Ladd is currently reading it
Aug 05, 2016
Angela
Angela rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2016
Ryan Thomas
Ryan Thomas marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Iain Henderson
Iain Henderson is currently reading it
Jul 06, 2016
Sandra Aldridge
Sandra Aldridge rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2016
Hugo
Hugo marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Mac Smith
Mac Smith rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2016
Erica Reichert
Erica Reichert marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Gala
Gala rated it it was ok
Jun 01, 2016
Douglas
Douglas rated it it was ok
May 29, 2016
Kaniaru
Kaniaru marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Peru
  • China (Lonely Planet Guide)
  • Nepal
  • Cambodia
  • NYC: New York City Guide
  • UNIX in a Nutshell: System V Edition: A Desktop Quick Reference for System V Release 4 and Solaris 2.0
  • Berlin (Lonely Planet City Guide)
  • Ancient Angkor
  • Spain (Lonely Planet Guide)
  • Scotland
  • Southeast Asia on a Shoestring (Lonely Planet on a Shoestring)
  • India (Lonely Planet Country Guide)
  • London
  • Mathematical Methods in the Physical Sciences
  • Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban (Film)
  • After Hamelin
  • Chronospace
  • New Zealand

Lonely Planet Country Guide (1 - 10 of 267 books)
  • Afghanistan
  • Algeria (Lonely Planet Guide)
  • Argentina (Lonely Planet Country Guide)
  • Argentina y Uruguay
  • Australia
  • Australia (Lonely Planet Country Guide)
  • Australia (Lonely Planet Guide)
  • Australia
  • Australie (Lonely Planet)
  • Austria (Lonely Planet Guide)