Start by marking “Storming Heaven (Mark Beamon, #2)” as Want to Read:
Storming Heaven (Mark Beamon, #2)

Storming Heaven (Mark Beamon #2)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  619 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Mark Beamon, the maverick FBI agent introduced in Rising Phoenix, has been given one last chance by the Bureau. Shunted into a job running a sleepy Southwest office, Beamon is under strict orders to shape up and do things 'by the book'—the FBI way. There's only one problem: Crime doesn't go by the book.

Flagstaff, Arizona, is shocked when a millionaire auto dealer and his w
Published September 14th 2010 by HarperCollins e-books (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Storming Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Storming Heaven

Matt
This was a great book with a fascinating plot. Unique but realistic premise I felt.

He cleaned up the mistakes from Rising Phoenix and churned out a really great book. Much more focus on the hero and dialogue that all fit together. You could really follow everything well. I read this in about a day an a half and couldn't put it down.

He's a talented author. Can write a book like Fade that is more like a Vince Flynn novel. Or the Beamon series that should satisfy any fan of the Harry Bosch series
Pattianne
BEAMON DETECTIVE SERIES #2

Flagstaff, Arizona, is shocked when a millionaire auto dealer and his wife are brutally murdered in an apparent botched robbery and kidnapping. It's one of the bloodiest,
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
Synopsis: Jennifer Davis, a bit of a wild card herself, has just finished a grueling bike race. Her parents have cheered her on, and even the neighbors have arrived to support her. She has all the usual teenage problems, including a boyfriend her parents don't really approve of, while they pressure her to like the neighbors' doltish, football-playing son. After dinner, Jennifer and her family return to their beautiful home in Flagstaff, Arizona, only to have a night of terror ahead of them. When ...more
Kristen
If you love high-packed thrillers, you'll love the Michael Beamon series from Kyle Mills. Beamon is assigned a tough case. After Jennifer Davis's parents were killed, she was kidnapped by people and were trapped in a lonely prison. Beamon's on the case, when he's got to be careful on who to trust, from his co-workers at the FBI, even to his closest allies. When he makes a connection to the religion of the Knessians and its church, the pressure and the heat has gotten to him from everywhere. As h ...more
Lesly
Tom Tischler
Mark Beamon a rogue FBI agent is shuffled off to the
FBI office in Flagstaff Az to keep him buried and out
of trouble. But as fate would have it he no sooner hits
town than the largest auto dealer and his wife are found dead and their 15 year old daughter has disappeared. All clues Mark
seems to find center on a Church of the Evolution which began
in Germany and now has millions of members in the US. This
Church has tentacles everywhere and they now all seem to
be reaching for Mark Beamon's neck.
Cindy Vine
This was the first Kyle Mills I've read, found it lying around in the office and took it to read on the plane. I wasn't expecting much as I'd never heard of him at all, but I was more than pleasantly surprised. It had a standard sort of plot, FBI agent who is a bit of a troublemaker taking on a huge organisation. The thriller was fast-paced enough to keep me reading, but it was the last 100 pages or so that were completely un-put-downable. There were so many twists that I had to keep reading unt ...more
Samantha
It wasn't as fast paced as Rising Phoenix. I'm not going to write a plot summary because those are provided by other reviewers. This book gives you some further details on Mark Beamon's career. It's Kyle Mills second book about him. I enjoyed the story and the character development. Did feel that he wrapped the ending up too quickly and that he didn't give a true ending on what happened. Hopefully that will come in the next book. I recommend this book as a good thriller and an interesting concep ...more
Dan
Good suspense with many twists. Looking to reading more titles
by this author.
Pa
Mar 15, 2013 Pa rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those interested in suspense and new religions
This is a real page turner. A very exciting story about a brilliant but very flawed FBI agent and his attempts to rescue a teenage girl after her adoptive parents are killed. He soon finds himself up against a new and increasingly powerful religion and eventually is forced on the run. Although rather far-fetched, there are several fascinating characters in this exciting tale. Actually about a 4.5 star, but close enough to warrant a 5.
Howard Anders
Another terrific read in Kyle Mills' Mark Beamon series.
Lynn Demsky
"The brutal murder of a local millionaire and his wife sends agent Mark Beamon into the dark world of a powerful cult...and into the heart of a terrifying conspiracy that could bring America to her knees." This person can really write, his books are more then page turners and fun to read --- will have to fine more of his books!
Tp.bonesgmail.com
I give it a 3.
You know what a 3 is right?
Nothing to special & nothing really wrong with it.
Kudos to Mills for creating a fictional religion that was believable without over indulging in it's details.
I picked this up in the condo's common room book shelf. Did it's job but I'm due for some real inspiration in my next read.
Rebekkila
I love thrillers, and this one did not disappoint. The story is an old one, man takes on a huge government/corporation/church, and in the process he becomes a fugitive. The book was hard to put down, the execution of the story made it very readable. I would highly recommend this to anyone who likes thrillers
Judith
I thought this was much better than the first mark Beamon book but still was skeptical about how Mark miraculously came to the correct conclusion of what happened with so little information...

Not a "buy" - maybe a "borrow" to see what it is about if you like the crime solving type books.
Carolyn
The perfect thriller. This was the book that introduced me to both Kyle Mills and Mark Beamon. Beamon is one of the best protagonists I've ever met. He's a completely renegade cop who will do anything to solve a case. He has definite flaws but they make him more interesting and relatable.
Lisa
Kyle Mills is fast becoming one of my favorite authors. He's right up there with Nelson Demille & Robert Ludlum. His story lines are interesting and he's quick witted. Storming Heaven is a great book and a good follow up to the first in the series, Rising Phoenix.
Tim
Never heard of this guy till I picked this up from a bunch of books a friend laid on me. Fun read, protagonist is flawed, some tragic stuff happens, and help comes from unexpected places/people. Not the best thriller I've ever read, but fun nonetheless.
Gretchen
I love Mark Beaman and Michael Kramer is the perfect reader for this series. Its a great audiobook series and I found it hard to stop listening to go do some actual work! There are many plot twists that keep you guessing right up until the end.
Greg Hatcher
Apr 25, 2009 Greg Hatcher rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
This was great fun, and a lot smarter than I'd originally thought it to be. Kyle Mills is really good. They push him as being in the Clancy style of thriller, but really it's more somewhere between Robert Ludlum and John D. MacDonald.
Kevin
Beamon's debut of cynic plucky heroism against a new church that has kidnapped the savior, killed him, and is working on killing the 14 year old successor that didn't even know she was his daughter.

Just click send.
Judy Gacek
Like someone else's review. "Not too special but nothing really wrong with it." Liked it enough that I will read the first in the series when I am in the mood to escape.
Kelly
Part of a series, but this is the only one I ever read. FBI agent finds missing girl in a religious group. Nothing spectacular, but the characters are real enough.
Bill Donhiser
Gripping and enthralling a great thriller. I am going to tackle Rising Phoenix next. I will try to finish the Mark Beamon series by the end of the year
Kaylol
Mark Beamon would be great as someone to idolise. I just need to forget about the heavy drinking and that stuff though.....Great character incredibly written
Sampurn
okay typs
more of a time pass.
Marianne
Have no idea when I read this book, but I did, and I remember that I liked every book in this series. Was sorry to see it end.
Dad
I actually read this one (as opposed to hearing an audio book.)
Susan
A good story, interesting aspect on a religion (fictitious)
Megamarie
it's a good back-up for the da vinci's code.
  • More Than Courage (Nathan Dixon, #3)
  • Combat
  • Mortal Allies (Sean Drummond, #2)
  • Soldier of God
  • Fires of War (Larry Bond's First Team, #3)
  • The Day Before Midnight
  • The Echelon Vendetta (Agent Micah Dalton, #1)
  • Edge of Battle (Jason Richter, #2)
  • House Rules (Joe DeMarco, #3)
  • To The Death (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #10)
  • The First Horseman
Kyle Mills lives in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, where he spends his time skiing, rock climbing and writing books.

Series:
* Mark Beamon

More about Kyle Mills...
Robert Ludlum's The Ares Decision (Covert-One, #8) Rising Phoenix (Mark Beamon, #1) The Utopia Experiment (Covert-One, #10) The Immortalists Free Fall (Mark Beamon, #3)