Start by marking “Cada Cosa A Su Tiempo” as Want to Read:
Cada Cosa A Su Tiempo

Cada Cosa A Su Tiempo (Calvin and Hobbes #8)

4.67 of 5 stars 4.67  ·  rating details  ·  15,631 ratings  ·  170 reviews
A collection of the Sunday paper cartoon strips in which Calvin, the self-proclaimed "Boy of Destiny", continues to save the universe with his alter egos, Spaceman Spiff and Stupendous Man--until Miss Wormwood or his mother bring him back to reality. Full color.
Published April 2007 by Ediciones B (first published January 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Cada Cosa A Su Tiempo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cada Cosa A Su Tiempo

Cory
Reading this as an adult was revelatory. Of what, I can't exactly say. But I was at a friend's home, in a strange city that will soon be my home, and I couldn't sleep. I picked up this book, and realized that it really isn't meant for children. Or, at least, not just for children. I read all of Watterson's books when I was a kid, and I now know how much I missed, and how much I absorbed.
Jake
This is the first Calvin & Hobbes book I've purchased since elementary school. Back then, my parents would give me an allowance whenever the Scholastic Book Catalog was passed around the classroom and I would almost always buy a Calvin & Hobbes collection. My parents encouraged me to read something of value when I could, so they'd talk me out of sticker books and lesser kid titles like Captain Poopbutt & His Wacky Goof Smile Crew or some shit. This was fine, since I always tried to r ...more
PurplyCookie
From spaceships and interplanetary hideous monster beasties, to creeping around the backyard the fun is never in short supply.

These witty comics about the 6-year old Calvin and his stuffed tiger Hobbes, named after the famous philosophers, will amuse people of all ages. The perceptiveness and humor of Watterson deserve the highest of cartoon awards, while his artistic creations exude hilarity. This cartoon is perhaps one of the most piercing yet funny critiques of modern society.

This book is exc
Exina
The loveliest cover of all! The back cover is so sweet too!

From this volume my favorites are the time travel stills, when three Calvins are present at the same time. And I love the snow sculptures that brightly show Calvin’s genius.
Kasen
I really like this one too. Some of them I vaguely remeber reading some of them, and my mother told me that we used to own it (personally I think we borrowed it) and that she doesn't know what happened to it. I was showing my dad it and he laughed at some of them and when I left it in the car and went to go get something with my mother, he was reading it, he tried to put it back on my seat before I got back, but he was intensely reading a strip. I took it from him and read the last of it. It was ...more
Mary Catelli
An allusion to summer. There are other days, of course, where various ploys do not get him out of homework, the valiant attempt to get the story he is meant to write by time traveling, and a good number of gag-a-day comics.
Kelly Argyle
BORING AND THE OTHER SIDE EFFECTS OF CLIMATE IS THE BEST POSSIBLE FOR ME TO GO BACK TO

good morning baby and the middle east of your friends with her for the middle east of the country to get to sleep now and I'm going to get to the same thing happened in a mansion thesis on the same day and night at least you get to see how I feel bad that I'm a little more time with you guys are having to get it from the country in which you are not help but I will have the middle of nowhere else in my life wit
Michael
May 29, 2009 Michael rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everybody
Recommended to Michael by: Was left at my house
This was the 1st C&H book I read. My best friend was home on leave (US NAVY) & left it at my apt. I picked it up and could not put it down. This is a laugh out loud funny book.
For a book to make me laugh out loud when I am by myself... that is FUNNY!! If this doesn't make you laugh, then you have NO sense of humor. Some are so funny you will cry. Highly recommend!
HeavyReader
Ah, Calvin and Hobbes. Is this Bill Watterson's idea of childhood? His actual recollections?

I think Calvin would be happier if he were homeschooled, but I don't think his poor mother could handle it. What are we to do with kids who would rather be raised by wolves, or in this case, tigers?
Aaron
How can you go wrong with Calvin and Hobbes?

175 pages of fun and philosophy, told through the eyes and imagination of a six year old and his pet tiger. I don't think you can go wrong starting Calvin and Hobbes with any volume, and this is definitely a good place to start.
Nidhi
pure, unadulterated joy!
Dan
Calvin and Hobbes books are great fun and really witty humor! A childhood staple comic book for me, but even now I go back and read them and understand the humor on a different level (now that I know the meanings of some of the words!). Great books.
Lia
My review for all Calvin and Hobbes books is this:

When you need to relax and laugh, this is a great place to go. Watterson is insightful, hilarious, and very, very funny. Highly recommended.

I grew up on C&H, and I'm very glad I did.
Evan Dresser
The cover says it all, but I will say more, anyway. Calvin and Hobbes explores thought and emotion in a way very few comics ever have. And it's the dream of still being a kid in an adult world. And it's just great.
Jubin Kuriakose
Calvin and Hobbes is one of the greatest comic strips written... I never get tired of reading and re reading...
It should be kept as reference book in your library, like a dictionary or the Bible - don't borrow it you would never feel like returning it.
My favorite part in this book was when Calvin goes to the future to ask his future self for the completed homework - 'Inception' couldn't have been more complicated.

And the best quote was
Calvin : 'Being at the right place and at the right time is t
Irene
I loved it!!
the irony and humour regarding today's manipulative function of our consumer society and ethics are presice and indisputable ^__^
Carol
Hurray for laughter! Our family really loves Calvin and Hobbes. Some cartoons are just too true to real life; somehow that makes them hilarious.
Serenity Kosorok
I love the Calvin and Hobbes books! they're so funny. Whenever I read them, I laugh out loud. I recommend this for people who like to laugh.
Hazel
I absolutely love Calvin and Hobbes. This is one of the best comic strips ever written. Calvin and Hobbes will make you laugh every time.
Fangirl
The stories of Calvin and Hobbes make me laugh so hard that I cry. May favorite cartoon ever! Wonderful!!
Sarah Rose
I always learn something new from Calvin, Hobbes, Suzy, and the parents. Always good for a laugh too!
Charles
A cartoon book of course. What can I say? I love me some Calvin and Hobbes.
Marc Braun
Calvin and Hobbes is very clever, cute and often funny. I personally find it very grating that that Calvin is a 6 year old with fully grown adult musings and put-backs. The jokes that focus on a six year old's obsessions, seemingly limitless fantasy, unbound creativity for stupidity and destruction and loathing for girls are absolutely wonderful.
The ones in which Calvin's final observation or grumbling sounds like it was expressed by a 40-year old's mind, to me are a cop-out, which I really dis
Erin
As a teenage I loved Calvin and Hobbes, and it's full of humor that can grow with you, so when I read this collection of comics (it was hard to find one I hadn't read!) I enjoyed them just as much now as I did when I was 13. I imagine that some of the jokes hit me in a little different way now, though. We get a lot of requests for Calvin and Hobbes at our Children's Desk, and just recently added the comic strips to our children's collection so we can stop sending these kids on a journey to the A ...more
Julie Decker
Calvin and Hobbes generally features atypically sophisticated philosophy coming out of a typically childish boy, and it's a great mix. I enjoy seeing Calvin's perspectives on everyday life, big concepts, and extraordinary experiences, sometimes mellowed and sometimes encouraged by Hobbes's input. I'm not particularly entertained by the Spaceman Spiff stuff, though, and there were only a few strips/arcs that made me really smile and laugh, but when Watterson nails it, he nails it.
Mitch
What we've waited for: half-page Sundays. You can tell his creativity burst with a pent-up enthusiasm. The artwork wows as Watterson's color palette expands, too. A fine addition to the saga. I tire slightly of re-re-revisited tropes, the hamartia of the daily comic. I could do no better. And they are not designed to be gluttonously devoured in one or two sittings.
Roger Royer
Yet another amazing collection of comics from the newspaper that make one smile, laugh, giggle and think. Mr. Watterson is an amazing comic author and you see that he can do so many things with this collection of newspaper comics. It doesn't take a ton of time to find out that we all have something in common with Calvin and Hobbes in one way or another.
Steve
Calvin and Hobbes is my favourite comic ever produced. I would normally ever say this, but there's no way anything will ever top this series. Every collection of these strips is a treasure. Reserving five stars for the complete collection.
Mariana
As a child I had the same good afternoons with my sister as Calvin had. We weren't so imaginative as Calvin with ours plays but we enjoyed as well with the cartoons that were on the saturday's mornings.
im bored and tired and need intertainment 5 36 May 12, 2012 11:02AM
  • Last Chapter and Worse
  • FoxTrot Beyond a Doubt
  • Penguin Dreams and Stranger Things (A Bloom County Book)
Bill Watterson (born William Boyd Watterson II) is an American cartoonist, and the author of the comic strip "Calvin and Hobbes". His career as a syndicated cartoonist ran from 1985 to 1995; he stopped drawing "Calvin and Hobbes" at the end of 1995 with a short statement to newspaper editors and his fans that he felt he had achieved all he could in the comic strip medium. During the early years of ...more
More about Bill Watterson...
Calvin and Hobbes The Essential Calvin and Hobbes: A Calvin and Hobbes Treasury The Calvin and Hobbes Tenth Anniversary Book The Complete Calvin and Hobbes Calvin and Hobbes: It's a Magical World

“Childhood is for spoiling adulthood.” 89 likes