Start by marking “Cada Cosa A Su Tiempo” as Want to Read:
Cada Cosa A Su Tiempo

Cada Cosa A Su Tiempo (Calvin and Hobbes #8)

4.68  ·  Rating Details ·  20,224 Ratings  ·  223 Reviews
Zounds! Spaceman Spiff, Stupendous Man, the ferocious tiger Hobbes, and the rest of Calvin's riotous imagination are all included in The Days Are Just Packed.

Calvin, the self-proclaimed "Boy of Destiny," continues to save the universe with his alter egos, Spaceman Spiff and Stupendous Man, at least until Miss Wormwood or his mother bring him back to reality. Susie, Calvin'
Published April 2007 by Ediciones B (first published September 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Cada Cosa A Su Tiempo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cada Cosa A Su Tiempo

Book Worm
Feb 22, 2017 Book Worm rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book of wisdom should be in every English teacher's bookshelf. It is full of philosophy, interesting play on words, wit and humour.
Nary a year goes by when I don't use it in my lessons. It has been my companion for over ten years now and is quite tattered now. I simply love this compilation.
Cory
Aug 16, 2008 Cory rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading this as an adult was revelatory. Of what, I can't exactly say. But I was at a friend's home, in a strange city that will soon be my home, and I couldn't sleep. I picked up this book, and realized that it really isn't meant for children. Or, at least, not just for children. I read all of Watterson's books when I was a kid, and I now know how much I missed, and how much I absorbed.
Jake
Aug 14, 2011 Jake rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic
This is the first Calvin & Hobbes book I've purchased since elementary school. Back then, my parents would give me an allowance whenever the Scholastic Book Catalog was passed around the classroom and I would almost always buy a Calvin & Hobbes collection. My parents encouraged me to read something of value when I could, so they'd talk me out of sticker books and lesser kid titles like Captain Poopbutt & His Wacky Goof Smile Crew or some shit. This was fine, since I always tried to r ...more
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
When you're trying to alleviate daily stress allow Calvin and Hobbs to provide pure joy into your life! I laughed out loud on buses, subways, coffee shops, and park benches. I felt wonderful and that's what it's all about. All Hail, Bill Watterson!
PurplyCookie
From spaceships and interplanetary hideous monster beasties, to creeping around the backyard the fun is never in short supply.

These witty comics about the 6-year old Calvin and his stuffed tiger Hobbes, named after the famous philosophers, will amuse people of all ages. The perceptiveness and humor of Watterson deserve the highest of cartoon awards, while his artistic creations exude hilarity. This cartoon is perhaps one of the most piercing yet funny critiques of modern society.

This book is exc
Exina
Feb 08, 2012 Exina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The loveliest cover of all! The back cover is so sweet too!

From this volume my favorites are the time travel stills, when three Calvins are present at the same time. And I love the snow sculptures that brightly show Calvin’s genius.
Linda ~ chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny ~
One of the best comic strips ever created. Love these two and all their adventures, and I now sympathize with poor Calvin's parents. :D
Kasen
Jan 02, 2010 Kasen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like this one too. Some of them I vaguely remeber reading some of them, and my mother told me that we used to own it (personally I think we borrowed it) and that she doesn't know what happened to it. I was showing my dad it and he laughed at some of them and when I left it in the car and went to go get something with my mother, he was reading it, he tried to put it back on my seat before I got back, but he was intensely reading a strip. I took it from him and read the last of it. It was ...more
Michael
May 29, 2009 Michael rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everybody
Recommended to Michael by: Was left at my house
This was the 1st C&H book I read. My best friend was home on leave (US NAVY) & left it at my apt. I picked it up and could not put it down. This is a laugh out loud funny book.
For a book to make me laugh out loud when I am by myself... that is FUNNY!! If this doesn't make you laugh, then you have NO sense of humor. Some are so funny you will cry. Highly recommend!
Aaron
How can you go wrong with Calvin and Hobbes?

175 pages of fun and philosophy, told through the eyes and imagination of a six year old and his pet tiger. I don't think you can go wrong starting Calvin and Hobbes with any volume, and this is definitely a good place to start.
Evan Dresser
Aug 07, 2011 Evan Dresser rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The cover says it all, but I will say more, anyway. Calvin and Hobbes explores thought and emotion in a way very few comics ever have. And it's the dream of still being a kid in an adult world. And it's just great.
Dan
Aug 02, 2011 Dan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Calvin and Hobbes books are great fun and really witty humor! A childhood staple comic book for me, but even now I go back and read them and understand the humor on a different level (now that I know the meanings of some of the words!). Great books.
Lia
May 25, 2010 Lia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
My review for all Calvin and Hobbes books is this:

When you need to relax and laugh, this is a great place to go. Watterson is insightful, hilarious, and very, very funny. Highly recommended.

I grew up on C&H, and I'm very glad I did.
Mary Catelli
Oct 27, 2014 Mary Catelli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, comic-strips
An allusion to summer. There are other days, of course, where various ploys do not get him out of homework, the valiant attempt to get the story he is meant to write by time traveling, and a good number of gag-a-day comics.
HeavyReader
Ah, Calvin and Hobbes. Is this Bill Watterson's idea of childhood? His actual recollections?

I think Calvin would be happier if he were homeschooled, but I don't think his poor mother could handle it. What are we to do with kids who would rather be raised by wolves, or in this case, tigers?
Charles
Aug 09, 2009 Charles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
A cartoon book of course. What can I say? I love me some Calvin and Hobbes.
Irin R.
I loved it!!
the irony and humour regarding today's manipulative function of our consumer society and ethics are presice and indisputable ^__^
Carol
Jan 23, 2009 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hurray for laughter! Our family really loves Calvin and Hobbes. Some cartoons are just too true to real life; somehow that makes them hilarious.
Hazel
Aug 04, 2011 Hazel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love Calvin and Hobbes. This is one of the best comic strips ever written. Calvin and Hobbes will make you laugh every time.
Serenity Kosorok
I love the Calvin and Hobbes books! they're so funny. Whenever I read them, I laugh out loud. I recommend this for people who like to laugh.
Judy
Jan 22, 2015 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Sarah Rose
Aug 30, 2009 Sarah Rose rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always learn something new from Calvin, Hobbes, Suzy, and the parents. Always good for a laugh too!
Fangirl
Nov 16, 2009 Fangirl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The stories of Calvin and Hobbes make me laugh so hard that I cry. May favorite cartoon ever! Wonderful!!
Glesnertod
Nov 12, 2011 Glesnertod rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
Quite funny.
Nidhi
Jul 24, 2014 Nidhi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
pure, unadulterated joy!
Kelly Argyle
Oct 21, 2014 Kelly Argyle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
BORING AND THE OTHER SIDE EFFECTS OF CLIMATE IS THE BEST POSSIBLE FOR ME TO GO BACK TO

good morning baby and the middle east of your friends with her for the middle east of the country to get to sleep now and I'm going to get to the same thing happened in a mansion thesis on the same day and night at least you get to see how I feel bad that I'm a little more time with you guys are having to get it from the country in which you are not help but I will have the middle of nowhere else in my life wit
Erin
As a teenage I loved Calvin and Hobbes, and it's full of humor that can grow with you, so when I read this collection of comics (it was hard to find one I hadn't read!) I enjoyed them just as much now as I did when I was 13. I imagine that some of the jokes hit me in a little different way now, though. We get a lot of requests for Calvin and Hobbes at our Children's Desk, and just recently added the comic strips to our children's collection so we can stop sending these kids on a journey to the A ...more
Mark
This collects cartoons originally published between April 1991 and November 1992 and is made all the better by reproducing the Sunday strips in full colour. With his usual mix of humour and poignancy, Watterson has Calvin try to take on the world, thwarted by his parents, his age and his occasional bouts of extreme laziness. My highlights include the title panel (waiting to waterbomb Susie), “I’m home….”, Calvin twisted around (“oh wait, there’s my belly button…”), the flying car, Hobbes dreamin ...more
Howl
Jan 27, 2015 Howl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started reading Calvin & Hobbes when I was 7 or so. As much as I loved it, and as precocious as I might have liked to think of myself, a lot of the real meaning was probably lost on me. I was reading a comic and it was just supposed to be funny, right?
Re-reading it fifteen years later (and probably reading some for the first time, as I never was a rabid enough collector to have all the books) is an excellent experience. I'm both lost again in those simple days of huddling on the couch with
Conan Tigard
Nov 18, 2015 Conan Tigard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Calvin & Hobbes is the funniest comic strip ever created and Calvin wins the prize for making more people laugh than anyone else. Kids love him, teenagers love him, and adults love him, mostly because Calvin isn't their own kid. Any way you look at it, everybody loves this kid that makes Dennis the Menace look like Ziggy.

I was pleasantly pleased with the comic in this book because I missed them when they originally came out in the newspaper. The only thing I would have wished for is more lo
im bored and tired and need intertainment 5 38 May 12, 2012 11:02AM
  • Wiener Dog Art: A Far Side Collection
  • FoxTrot Beyond a Doubt
  • The Night of the Mary Kay Commandos: A Bloom County Book
  • It's Obvious You Won't Survive by Your Wits Alone
Bill Watterson (born William Boyd Watterson II) is an American cartoonist, and the author of the comic strip "Calvin and Hobbes". His career as a syndicated cartoonist ran from 1985 to 1995; he stopped drawing "Calvin and Hobbes" at the end of 1995 with a short statement to newspaper editors and his fans that he felt he had achieved all he could in the comic strip medium. During the early years of ...more
More about Bill Watterson...

Calvin and Hobbes (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Calvin and Hobbes