Start by marking “Kidnapped at the Capital (Capital Mysteries #2)” as Want to Read:
Kidnapped at the Capital (Capital Mysteries #2)

Kidnapped at the Capital (Capital Mysteries #2)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  235 ratings  ·  15 reviews
KC and Marshall are going to the Cherry Blossom Festival. They have an invitation from the President of the United States! But while they are off getting ice cream, KC’s mom and President Thornton are kidnapped–right under the bodyguards’ noses. Who cares if the FBI is on the case? KC isn’t giving up until she finds her mom!

From the Trade Paperback edition.
Published July 22nd 2009 by Golden Books (first published 2002)

Amara
Fun fact: The first book establishes that the Capital Mysteries universe has the same Presidents as ours until it replaces the younger Bush with the fictional Zachary Thornton. This means that Mary Kincaid, who is introduced in the second book as a middle-aged black woman, is both the first female and the first African American to become the Vice President of the United States. So that's pretty awesome.

Unfortunately, the rest of the book isn't. It's nowhere near as outlandish as the first, but s
Abbie
In book one of the Capital Mysteries series, KC and Marshall uncovered an evil plot to replace the President with a clone and saved the President and the clone. In book two, they've been invited to meet the President at the National Mall for the Cherry Blossom Festival, but when KC and Marshall leave KC's mom and the President to buy some ice cream, the two adults are gone when they return.
KC and Marshall soon discover that things are not exactly as they appear. Despite assurances that the secr
Ammon
I liked it. Ron Roy was my favorite author when I was seven years old. But I am outgrowing his books now (I'm ten). Still, they are enjoyable to read.

I like mysteries and these are fun, interesting stories to read.
Connie R.
I read this as a read-aloud to my six-, seven-, and nine-year-old daughters before bed over the course of three evenings. They love Roy's Capitol Mysteries series! They get so engrossed in the mystery, the story, the characters, and the real stories and DC locations. It gets so easy to get sidetracked on fun, interesting discussions regarding DC, which surprisingly just adds to the experiences these books have to offer!
Dolly
Jan 20, 2010 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is the second book in the Capital Mysteries series by Ron Roy. We are enjoying them, although they are a bit far-fetched. I love that they talk about interesting sights in the Capital and it is a good precursor before we move to the area this summer. Although I think our girls prefer Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose from the "A to Z Mysteries" better, we are looking forward to reading all the books in this series.
Amy
#2 in the Capital Mysteries series, KC and Marshall are at the Cherry Blossom Festival with KC's mom. They have accepted an invitation from President Thronton, but while the kids are off getting ice cream, the President and KC's mom are kidnapped -- right under the noses of the Secret Service! Who cares if the FBI is on the case? KC has to find her mom!
M-girl
Library.

Read during quiet time today.

(view spoiler)
Sydney
when k.c. and her mom and mitchell get invited to the cherry blossom festival from the president then the president asks president thorton to take k.c.'s mom on a tour then her mom and presdent thorton are kidnapped .and k.c. and her friend aren't going to give up until her mother is found.
Payton
Someone kidnapped the cloned president and KC's mom so KC and Marshall have to find them before the president gives the kidnappers the space staition.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
KC's mom is kidnapped but her kid and her kids friend saves her and the kidnapper goes to jail. L. A.
Christina
Fun series for early elementary and great educational details about the Washington DC area is a bonus!
Flannery
Thes kids are meting with the presedent.And thare about to go get some ice cream.
Kendra Harris
Kendra Harris marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Meghan Wilson
Meghan Wilson marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Andal Iyengar
Andal Iyengar marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
GDOD 1 3 Jul 26, 2011 06:25AM
  • The Zoo Crew (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #14)
  • The Mystery of Flight 54 (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #12)
  • Wheel of Misfortune (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #7)
  • Emily The Emerald Fairy (Rainbow Magic: Jewel Fairies, #3)
  • Polar Bear Patrol (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #13)
  • The Case of the Christmas Snowman (Jigsaw Jones Mystery, No. 2)
  • The Temple of the Ruby of Fire (Geronimo Stilton, #14)
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...
The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries, #1) The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2) The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9) The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3) The Empty Envelope (A to Z Mysteries, #5)