Socks for Christmas

Socks for Christmas

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  7 reviews

This touching, funny, heartwarming and true story will become an instant Christmas Classic. In the late sixties, New York Times bestselling author Andy Andrews thought he was having a very good Christmas. He got the Incredible Edible Machine and the G.I. Joe he asked for. He even got a white belt. He also got socks from his Aunt Jane--unarguably a very lousy Christmas gift

Published September 29th 2005 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Socks for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Socks for Christmas

Linda Lipko
Grab a cup of mulled cider and a Christmas cookie sprinkled with colored sugar and sit back prepared to enjoy this small gem of a Christmas tale.

Andy Andrews elicits memories of Christmas past where candy land games, red rider wagons and rock em sock em robots were the gifts children hoped would be under the tree.

When Andy receives socks from his Aunt, he quickly throws them aside. Later that day when roaming the neighborhood to see what others received, he learns a very valuable lesson about th...more
Janet
This is a short Christmas story with some vintage photos and illustrations of toys from the past. The story is told from the perspective of a seven year old boy. The message is applicable for older children, teens and adults. 4stars.
Jennybug
I loved The pictures. This is a good book to read to older children. It is a tender reminder that some children do not get what they want for Christmas, rather what they need. It would be fun to read this to older children and then do some kind of a service project.
Gina
Listen with your children as it shows them not all children have a tree filled with gifts on Christmas morning. I listened to the book on CD in the car and all the kids listened with interest. Andy Andrews is a great speaker and narrator for his books.
Celise
I grew up in this era and enjoyed the memories so much. Helps us remember that not all are as fortunate as we are. Made me appreciate the socks I got this year soooo much.
Jean Chalupsky
Bought 20 copies...bought 20 pairs of socks...Happy Christmas! Amazing book!
Erika
Not nearly as much substance as I would have liked.
Ina
Ina marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Savannah
Savannah marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Tammy Landy
Tammy Landy marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Good Reader
Good Reader marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Angela Freeman
Angela Freeman marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Marilyn
Marilyn marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Yolanda
Yolanda marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
31934
~ Hailed by a New York Times writer as a "modern-day Will Rogers who has quietly become one of the most influential people in America."

~ Spoken at the request of four different U.S. Presidents

~ Every single minute a book by Andy Andrews is sold somewhere in the world!

~ New York Times Bestselling Author of The Noticer and The Traveler's Gift

Source:
More about Andy Andrews...
The Noticer: Sometimes, All a Person Needs Is a Little Perspective The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions That Determine Personal Success How Do You Kill 11 Million People? Why The Truth Matters More Than You Think The Heart Mender: A Story of Second Chances The Butterfly Effect: How Your Life Matters