Start by marking “Same Time Next Year” as Want to Read:
Same Time Next Year

Same Time Next Year

Jerome and Greg played on the dirt road halfway between their homes when they were kids, and found much better games to play there when they grew older. It's their special spot, the perfect place for Greg to propose, and the worst place possible for the accident that takes his life.

Devastated by the loss, Jerome visits that lonely road on the anniversary of Greg's death, o
Published April 1st 2012 by JMS Books (first published October 30th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Same Time Next Year, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Same Time Next Year

Lucy
Dec 03, 2010 Lucy rated it really liked it
Reviewed for heartsonfirereviews.com

This was a tough book to rate because on one hand I felt that it was a story of not moving on; never actually getting past the grief and loss to the fond remembrance. It seemed like a story of a man stuck in the past. Yet, underneath it all that didn’t feel right.

Greg and Jerome are young recent college grads, best friends since childhood and now they are in love. They are sweet and cute together. The story begins with their getting ready to go to a Halloween
Chris
Dec 27, 2010 Chris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not usually a fan of ghost stories, but this one, about a guy whose true love died when they were in college, worked pretty well, although I found it to be very sad.
Blackravens Reviews
Aug 23, 2011 Blackravens Reviews rated it it was amazing
A Recommended Read. ...it was one of the BEST reads I’ve enjoyed in a long time. And I’ve enjoyed a lot of great reads, but this story is such a paradox of satisfying and disturbing…and somehow Ms. Winters makes it work. To read this review in its entirety, please visit http://www.blackravensreviews.com/?p=...
Deeze
Jul 26, 2013 Deeze rated it liked it

A rather unusual book, bittersweet with a HEA lol.

Not my favorite by this author, but I still managed to use up a tissue or two.

Lena Grey
Aug 14, 2016 Lena Grey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
chauffeurLegend tells us that on Halloween night the “veil between the worlds” becomes thin and allows spirits to pass through more easily. Jerome from 'Same Time Next Year' by Eden Winters will heartily agree. The spot where his lover and best friend, Greg, died, becomes a place where, on Halloween night, every year, he can do more than long for him.

Jerome and Greg are convinced that they are made for each other and will be together forever, that nothing or no one will ever come between them. W
Cryselle
Nov 29, 2010 Cryselle rated it it was amazing
4.5 on my blog. Sometimes I hate rounding- 5 isn't quite right but 4 isn't either. Up it is.

Ms. Winters has done it again: she's provided a solid little story with elements that are familiar in her work but still fresh because she handles them differently every time. A main character, very much in love with his partner, dies, and she's made me like it sniffles and all. Love persists after death, but so does life -- her character doesn't quit thinking or feeling or living, no matter what his sist
Rachel Emily
Jun 08, 2011 Rachel Emily rated it really liked it
Kinda bittersweet, but very romantic and was a very nice read. I always love reading something from Eden Winters, I know it will be a good story.

(view spoiler)
Tara
Feb 09, 2011 Tara rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, read-in-2011
This short story spans around 50 years. Greg and Jerome have been in love all their lives until a car accident on Halloween takes Greg away. What happens next surprises Jerome. It's a little bit of a heartbreaking story, but really good. I wish there was a little explanation, but at the end of the day, the story is about the two guys and it's good.
Kazza
Apr 18, 2012 Kazza rated it liked it
If ever there was a story that needed length it was Same Time Next Year. It really needed full character devlopment that, if fleshed out right, could have given real depth and heart tugging emotion to this tale.
Dutchgirl
I really liked this story but it could be so much better if the author would have turned it into a full length novel. The main characters could be more developed that way. But all in all it is a nice quick inbetween read.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Lucy
Genre: M/M Paranormal
Rated: 4 hearts

Check out the review on http://heartsonfirereviews.com/
V
Apr 10, 2012 V rated it really liked it
This story was sad, although with a very nice happy ending.
PettyProse
Jun 23, 2011 PettyProse rated it liked it
Review: This was a story of love that lasts beyond time, though I didn’t find enough original sparkle in it for it to stand out in my memory.
Review for Brief Encounters Reviews: http://briefencountersreviews.com/201...

I’ll try to avoid spoilers, though I suspect most readers will guess early on where this story’s going, and they won’t be wrong. Jerome and Greg are young men deeply in love until a tragic accident parts them. The rest of the story shows Jerome struggling through what turns out to
Queue
Jun 08, 2016 Queue rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I was torn about how to rate this one because while it was written well, I thought it was sad and would even hesitate to call it a romance. I try not to judge a story based on how I think it could’ve been improved so I made my ultimate decision based on the skill of the author.

Jerome and Greg have been together since they were young and even have their own special spot between the two houses where they grew up. Unfortunately it’s also the spot where a car accident claims Greg’s life.

A y
Tsubaki
Well, that really hurt my soul... it was insanely tragic. I'm equally awed and amazed by the amount of emotion crammed into such a short story actually. Just, amazing. It's a sad story, wonderful, but depressing.

Greg and Jerome had grown up together, fell in love together, and were about to commit the rest of their lives together when Greg was stolen away by a car accident on Halloween night. Right before he was about to propose to Jerome. Cue heartbreak. Luckily (or not) they get a second chanc
Cathy Brockman
Feb 12, 2013 Cathy Brockman rated it it was amazing
: Warning : You will need a box of tissues.
Greg and Jerome had been in love since childhood. They were each other’s one and only. One Halloween night things changed drastically for Jerome, after an accident takes Greg’s life. The next Halloween something strange happens to Jerome. That’s all I’m saying now you need to buy the book!
Oh! MY! Gosh! I loved this. It was breathtaking! It kept me on the edge of my seat and in tears. At first I was like Awe!!!!! Then I about screamed out loud when the
France-Andrée
May 20, 2013 France-Andrée rated it really liked it
Greg and Jerome have been together forever until one Halloween night when Greg has a car accident; now, Jerome is mourning and his curse/joy is that once a year on the anniversary of Greg's death, they reunite. In the beginning, I found this so-so, it is with the passing years that I found my self emotionally invested and this short-story was a complete tearjerker for me. I found sad how Jerome seems to be unable to move on and there's nothing worse for that than not being able to say goodbye an ...more
Michael
Aug 19, 2012 Michael rated it it was amazing
Amazing. Wonderful. Spectacular. I loved, loved, loved this story. Eden Winters is one of the few writers who is on my automatic buy list. Whenever she puts out a new book it is just a given that I'm going to buy it. I'm not going to say a lot about this one for fear of giving away too much of the story. If you haven't read this one, do so. Go buy the book and read it. It is a great read. And while you're at it, buy her other books. The woman is an amazing plotter and writer and I adore her and ...more
melek
This one was a surprise to me with some books i don't read blurbs or the tags sometimes which is good. Its an sad story as well as happy in a way it how you look at it i guess. In this case you have to read and find out. Greg and Jerome had always been together when they were young one day one dies and then what follows after that. Involves ghosts and a life span of 50 years. So sad but still good in a sad way.
Aly
Jun 03, 2013 Aly rated it it was amazing
Oh my God. I cried more during this short book than I have altogether this year. Eden is an amazing writer to get me so attached to her characters so fast that I could cry from the beginning. This book is absolute true love, and though I am not usually into ghost stories this one caught my heart from the beginning I can honestly say that I think this story is my favorite. It may be sad and it may not be long but I know this is one story that I'll remember for a long time.
Stefanie
Mar 31, 2013 Stefanie rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming. Bittersweet. Hoped noone came while I was reading - had to cry....
Jennifer rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2013
Tailtiu
Tailtiu rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2013
Alaska
Alaska rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2012
B
B rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2012
Don Bradshaw
Don Bradshaw rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2012
Georgine
Apr 04, 2014 Georgine rated it really liked it
Such a cute story. True love even overcoming death...
Jeney
Jeney rated it it was ok
Dec 02, 2013
Andy
Andy rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2011
Kayla
Kayla rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
You will know Eden Winters by her distinctive white plumage and exuberant cry of “Hey, y’all!” in a Southern US drawl so thick it renders even the simplest of words unrecognizable. Watch out, she hugs!

Driven by insatiable curiosity, she possibly holds the world’s record for curriculum changes to the point that she’s never quite earned a degree but is a force to be reckoned with at Trivial Pursuit.
More about Eden Winters...