Start by marking “All The Days Of My Life (so Far)” as Want to Read:
All The Days Of My Life (so Far)

All The Days Of My Life (so Far)

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  202 ratings  ·  23 reviews
You think your life is nuts?

Since I was sixteen, I've spent time on Death Row, tried to sell my baby sister on the black market, been stranded at the altar (repeatedly), lied about my son's paternity, and fought viciously with just about everybody in town. Well, okay, it wasn't really me--it was my character, Sami Brady on Days of Our Lives. But like Sami, I've had my sh
Published July 1st 2005 by Kensington (first published June 30th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about All The Days Of My Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All The Days Of My Life

Alex
I started watching Days of Our Lives with my mom when I was in 5th grade. At first, it was just catching the show when I was home sick or on vacation from school. But by the time I hit the summer before 8th grade, I was religiously watching every day, along with the awesomely-horrible Passions that came on right after. I taped both of these shows on my VCR every single day all the way up until I was a senior in high school.

So that being said, when I walked past this book in the library I kn
Kylie
Let me start by stating that although I don't read a lot of them anymore, I do love Biographies. I am also a fan of Ali Sweeney, not for her Days of our Lives work, but for The Biggest Loser, and for her advocacy of healthy eating over extreme starvation dieting.

However this book was disappointing.

I admit, I got it free through Pixel of Ink (if you have a Kindle and you haven't already, you must check it out -www.pixelofink.com) and I didn't check the release date first. This was published in
Mary
Mine is autographed!
Laurel-Rain
Alison Sweeney's "All The Days Of My Life (so Far)" spotlights her first decade on the show Days of Our Lives--since then, she has been on the show for another decade.

As a fan of the show and Alison's character Sami Brady, I was riveted to the pages, learning what it was like for her to inhabit this character, who apparently is quite different from Alison herself. While Sami is a troublemaker that doesn't mind breaking the rules to get what she wants, Alison seems to be a well-balanced person wi
Jennifer Brown
With Alison leaving Days, I decided to get her bio from the library. After reading about the schedule for the soap, I can completely understand why she is quitting to be with her kids. Talk about a hectic schedule! I'm surprised she even had time to have them :-) I admire her for everything she has done (and for eating worms just to continue for charity on Fear Factor!!). Good luck in her future and I look forward to reading more stuff by her!
Erica
Right now I am reading All the Days of My Life (So Far). It's an autobiography written by the actress Alison Sweeney (who was on "Days of Our Lives" and the host of "The Biggest Loser"). I used to be a huge "Days of Our Lives" fan. Her character (Sami Brady) was one of my favorites. I'm not watching the show anymore (mainly because I don't have cable right now...however, I couldn't stomach Sami anymore after she became involved with her rapist). I have been enjoying this book so far. She gives s ...more
I picked up this book because I am a huge Days of Our Lives fan, and Alison Sweeney's character is my fave on the show. The book started out interesting when she was describing how she got the part on DOOL and I enjoyed reading about all the old storylines that I'd forgotten about. I found Alison's advice about weight management to be realistic; something that anyone can do whether you're a Hollywood starlet or a busy woman on the go. It's all about moderation and consistency.
Kim
Would love to read a more current book from her to see how her life has changed in the past 8 to 10 years, but I enjoyed reading this even though it was a bit old. I love Days, and I love the character of Sami. I hope good things continue to come Alison's way when her soap opera career ends, and we get new opportunities to see her in television and movies. I think she's an excellent actress, and from her book, she seems like a down-to-earth person.
Shelley
I have been watching Days of Our Lives since the beginning and I love Allison Sweeney. I loved reading about how she grew up on the show and reading about some of her most memorable scenes. I hope she never leaves "Days" as it will never be the same without her. This is an older book and a lot has happened in Salem since Allison wrote it but I enjoyed being brought back to the past.
Jessica
A very good solid effort from Sweeney on her first major publication. It felt a little like I was talking to 13 year old at the beginning of the book. Things got better as she really got into her life on DAYS. Can't wait to read her fiction novels. Although it's sad she's leaving DAYS, I'm looking forward to seeing what she has planned next!!!
Anne
It was interesting to see just how Alison's life unfolded and how she got where she was. I like the way she related to the reader but at the same time it did tend to drag a little.
I loved reading about all the old storylines as when Sami appeared in Alison's form that was about when I was watching religiously.
Worth a read on a rainy afternoon.
Melissa
This is not extremely well written, but it is a cute insight to Alison's life and the Days schedule. I was most interested in the chapters on her lifestyle change that helped her to become more fit and healthy. It was written in a non-preachy way that I found engaging.

Gave to a Bookcrosser
Jo
I like Alison Sweeney, but this book was a little dull. She talked a lot about her character Sami - most readers of the book are probably well acquainted with the antics of Sami... there's no need to refresh our memories.

Good on her for the healthy weight loss though.

Erica
Apr 02, 2008 Erica rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Days of our Lives Fans
This is an inspiring book.. but you really have to be a fan of Day's of Our Lives because it is an autobiography of Alison Sweeny aka "Sammy". It brought out her human side and I enjoyed reading her struggles with weight, also. Good Read!
Cynthia Frey bryant
I love Alison Sweeny but this felt a lot like a self help book. I didn't like the long drawn out advice on what seemed like every topic you can think of, but enjoyed the recap of Sami Brady and personal stories from her past and with her costars.
Sami is my favorite character on Days of our Lives (been watching since 6th grade). It was interesting to hear how things work on set and all she went through to get where she's at. I could actually hear her voice as I was reading it.
Rachel
I bought this book when I lived in New York because Alison Sweeney was doing a signing at Barnes and Noble. So my copy is signed AND I got my picture taken with her. I know you are sooooo jealous!
Tashawna
an OK, book she gave us in site about her long life dream to become an actress and meeting new friend , at the same time she lets us in about her insecurities about her weight.
Mandy
A very fun look into the best soap opera on daytime tv!! Love Sammi and loved to read all about the actress Allison Sweeny who has played her since she was a young teen.
Thom Dunn
NOT A REVIEW. (With her work on The Biggest Loser, Sweeney qualifies as a "celebrity" for purpose of The Female Celebrity Autobiography GR list.
Jessica
I like Alison Sweeney, but this book was not well written and not all that interesting. I struggled to finish it.
Jessica
it was a little disappointing.
Diane Schaffer
Diane Schaffer marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Sonya
Sonya marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Stephanie Brush
Stephanie Brush marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
  • The Gluten Connection: How Gluten Sensitivity May Be Sabotaging Your  Health--And What You Can Do to Take Control Now
  • Kasey to the Rescue: The Remarkable Story of a Monkey and a Miracle
  • Finding Compassion in China: A Bicycle Journey Into the Countryside
  • Watching What We Eat: The Evolution of Television Cooking Shows
  • Crafting and Executing Strategy: Text and Readings
  • Anne Frank
  • Fall Down, Laughing: How Squiggy Caught Multiple Sclerosis and Didn't Tell Nobody
  • Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far
  • Book
  • The Package Deal: My (not-so) Glamorous Transition from Single Gal to Instant Mom
  • His Brother's Keeper
  • Inside Pee-wee's Playhouse: The Untold, Unauthorized, and Unpredictable Story of a Pop Phenomenon
  • Not a Happy Camper: A Memoir
  • Blind: A Memoir
  • Jen-X: Jenny McCarthy's Open Book
  • In Her Wake: A Child Psychiatrist Explores the Mystery of Her Mother's Suicide
  • Just Breathe
  • What I Did On My Midlife Crisis Vacation
Alison Ann Sweeney is an American dramatic actress, author, novelist and reality show host. Sweeney is best known for her portrayal of Samantha 'Sami' Brady on NBC's long running 'Days of our Lives.' In this role, she has earned a Daytime Emmy Award. In 2007, she became the host of 'The Biggest Loser.'
More about Alison Sweeney...
The Star Attraction Scared Scriptless The Mommy Diet