Blank-133x176
Fallen from Babel

T.L. Higley

Fallen from Babel

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Peter Thornton doesn't believe in God. Or rather, he doesn't believe in "one" God. "All paths are valid," he teaches his university students. One evening he ventures to the archaeology museum and touches an artifact recently discovered from ancient Babylon. At the touch he is transported three thousand years back in time to Old Testament Babylon. Somehow he knows the langu...more
Published August 18th 2011 by Realms (first published September 30th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Fallen from Babel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fallen from Babel

Kara
Very good, although Petra by the same author is still better! :-) Review to come...
Linda Walters
Great writing! I enjoyed it immensely. The details of the country; the drama at the court of the king and the people are so interesting. A fight against evil; ancient evil. A struggle for power; other magicians and sorcerers jockeying for power and position; Qurdi is only one Rim-Sin's enemies but a very powerful evil one. There are also Hebrew people, who have been taken into captivity and brought to Babylon ( according to scripture) Seems like Rim-Sin has a Hebrew concubine named Kaida; who ha...more
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
An ancient tower. A future evil. A skeptic trapped between.

At the touch of an ancient vase...he is sent back to Babylon.

Peter Thornton doesn't believe in God. Or rather, he doesn't believe in one God. " All paths are valid," he teaches his university students. One evening he ventures to the archaeology museum and touches an artifact recently unearthed from ancient Babylon.

At the touch he is transported three thousand years back in time to Old Testament Babylon. Somehow he knows the language - an...more
Kayley
I have never seen apologetics woven so effectively throughout a novel, or in such an interesting fashion, as in this book. I never once felt like it was being said in a preachy or overdone fashion. The arguments fit right into the circumstances of the story. Besides that, the characters are well thought out, have depth, and I love the plot. Time travel is always fun to read about and this novel is no exception. I've read this book as least five times already in less than a year. Of the books I'v...more
Melanie Arias
A modern professor goes back in time to ancient Babylon. I usually don't like time travel books, but this was very good. It brought the time of Daniel to life. There was lots of action and good character development to keep me interested.
Alex
An enjoyable book, full of twist & turns, a touch of romance and a wonderful historical backdrop. I also enjoyed the links to the very well-known Bible story of Daniel (Beltshazzar), with a few embellishments obviously for the purpose of the story. A recommended read that deals with the ever present spiritual battle and a man's journey of belief in the one, true God.
Dena
I liked this one a lot. Love the settings in ancient times on so many of these Christian fiction books. This one was more entertaining than historical but a good fast paced, adventure filled story set in ancient Babylon. I'm a fan of T.L. Higley's books - they make great summer reads!
Paula
A good story with time travel, intrigue and romance.
Linda
I loved this book. Tracy Higley brings the ancient past right into our present. Right from the beginnings of civilization to now, I experienced this story. It's pretty amazing how little has really changed through the centuries.
Charity U
Really enjoyed it! The time travel thing is most interesting. I enjoyed it a lot!
Laura Chambers
An awesome book with a surprise I never would have predicted! You'll love this book!
Jenna
I really liked the idea of time-travel, but the characters just didn't capture me.
Erin
Loved this story, well developed and gripping! I couldn't put it down!!
Jen Heinze
This is one of my favorite books of ALL times. Read it, read it, read it!!!
Bonnie Rose Hudson
One of the best twists I've ever read!
Pammelah
Pammelah marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Donna Thompson
Donna Thompson marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Marla
Marla marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Natalya Jeconiah
Natalya Jeconiah marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Matthias
Matthias marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Annette
Annette marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Susan Andrews
Susan Andrews marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Tonya
Tonya marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Robyn
Robyn marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Pompeii: City on Fire Isle of Shadows City of the Dead Guardian of the Flame Petra: City of Stone