Start by marking “Fallen from Babel” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Fallen from Babel

T.L. Higley

Fallen from Babel (The Babylon Chronicles)

Peter Thornton doesn't believe in God. Or rather, he doesn't believe in "one" God. "All paths are valid," he teaches his university students. One evening he ventures to the archaeology museum and touches an artifact recently discovered from ancient Babylon. At the touch he is transported three thousand years back in time to Old Testament Babylon. Somehow he knows the langu ...more
Published August 18th 2011 by Realms (first published September 30th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Fallen from Babel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fallen from Babel

Cindy
Aug 11, 2015 Cindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved it! You don't want to put it down.
Kara
Very good, although Petra by the same author is still better! :-) Review to come...
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
An ancient tower. A future evil. A skeptic trapped between.

At the touch of an ancient vase...he is sent back to Babylon.

Peter Thornton doesn't believe in God. Or rather, he doesn't believe in one God. " All paths are valid," he teaches his university students. One evening he ventures to the archaeology museum and touches an artifact recently unearthed from ancient Babylon.

At the touch he is transported three thousand years back in time to Old Testament Babylon. Somehow he knows the language - an
Linda Walters
Jun 12, 2013 Linda Walters rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great writing! I enjoyed it immensely. The details of the country; the drama at the court of the king and the people are so interesting. A fight against evil; ancient evil. A struggle for power; other magicians and sorcerers jockeying for power and position; Qurdi is only one Rim-Sin's enemies but a very powerful evil one. There are also Hebrew people, who have been taken into captivity and brought to Babylon ( according to scripture) Seems like Rim-Sin has a Hebrew concubine named Kaida; who ha ...more
Kayley
Jul 05, 2011 Kayley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have never seen apologetics woven so effectively throughout a novel, or in such an interesting fashion, as in this book. I never once felt like it was being said in a preachy or overdone fashion. The arguments fit right into the circumstances of the story. Besides that, the characters are well thought out, have depth, and I love the plot. Time travel is always fun to read about and this novel is no exception. I've read this book as least five times already in less than a year. Of the books I'v ...more
Alex
Jul 20, 2009 Alex rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable book, full of twist & turns, a touch of romance and a wonderful historical backdrop. I also enjoyed the links to the very well-known Bible story of Daniel (Beltshazzar), with a few embellishments obviously for the purpose of the story. A recommended read that deals with the ever present spiritual battle and a man's journey of belief in the one, true God.
Linda
Sep 22, 2013 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Tracy Higley brings the ancient past right into our present. Right from the beginnings of civilization to now, I experienced this story. It's pretty amazing how little has really changed through the centuries.
Dena
Jul 16, 2012 Dena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one a lot. Love the settings in ancient times on so many of these Christian fiction books. This one was more entertaining than historical but a good fast paced, adventure filled story set in ancient Babylon. I'm a fan of T.L. Higley's books - they make great summer reads!
Melanie Arias
Jan 10, 2014 Melanie Arias rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A modern professor goes back in time to ancient Babylon. I usually don't like time travel books, but this was very good. It brought the time of Daniel to life. There was lots of action and good character development to keep me interested.
Kathie
Mar 31, 2015 Kathie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Not the best by this author -- the main character is not very likable at all, and the story drags on and on.
Stanley
Jun 24, 2015 Stanley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written time travel tale centered within the context of the Jewish exile and the Book of Daniel
Bre Brittain
Jan 28, 2016 Bre Brittain rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! .
It was brilliantly done how she so seamlessly entwined Historical details and Biblical truths throughout the novel .

Her historical fiction is absolutely sensational!
Dana
Dana rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2012
Pam
Pam rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2009
Elisabeth
Elisabeth rated it did not like it
Sep 06, 2012
Caralen
Caralen rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2015
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2010
Jay Chance
Jay Chance rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2013
Michaela
Michaela rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2015
Hannah
Hannah rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2012
Renae Loving
Renae Loving rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2012
Airys
Airys rated it liked it
May 25, 2012
Claire
Claire rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2011
Arabianhorse Watt
Arabianhorse Watt rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2008
Sandi
Sandi rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2012
Kerry Carter
Kerry Carter rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2013
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2010
Adrianne
Adrianne rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2014
Sarah Gaff
Sarah Gaff rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2017
K
K rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Garden of Madness (Seven Wonders, #2)
  • Necessary Heartbreak: A Novel of Faith and Forgiveness
  • Return to Exile (The Carthage Chronicles, #2)
  • In the Shadow of Lions: A Novel of Anne Boleyn (Chronicles of the Scribe #1)
  • The Heavens Before (Genesis, #1)
  • Rebel (The Brides of Alba #3)
  • Trial Run (Fault Lines #1)
  • Jewel of Persia
  • Deborah's Story (Women of the Bible)
  • The Immortal
  • The Pirate and His Lady (Buccaneers #2)
  • Beckon
  • The Shield of Honor
  • The Beginning (Chronicles of Heaven)
  • Hidden in Dreams (Book of Dreams #2)
  • Lucifer's Flood
  • Terminus
  • Chameleon (The Ravensmoore Chronicles #2)
also published under the name Tracy L. Higley

T.L. Higley holds a degree in English Literature and has written three previous novels and more than fifty drama productions for church ministry. She is especially passionate about "breaking down emotional and philosophical barriers that people have put up between themselves and Christ."
More about T.L. Higley...

The Babylon Chronicles (2 books)
  • Marduk's Tablet