Start by marking “Foreclosed (The Mitzy Neuhaus Mysteries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Foreclosed (The Mitzy Neuhaus Mysteries, #1)

Foreclosed (The Mitzy Neuhaus Mysteries #1)

3.23  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,434 Ratings  ·  138 Reviews
Alternate Cover ASIN: B003ZDP194

Mitzy Neuhaus, tall, blonde, and stuck in the 80s, might be the top selling Realtor in Portlandia, but even her office is dead in this economy. Despite her complete faith that God and common sense can fix anything, she has found herself with a full staff and nothing to do--until her favorite run down mansion gets itself foreclosed, that is.

B
Published August 12th 2010

To ask other readers questions about Foreclosed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Foreclosed

Trudy
Oct 05, 2013 Trudy rated it did not like it
Very awkward prose, misused words, grammatical errors, and an incoherent, illogical plot are just some of the problems with Foreclosed.

At first, I read on because I always try to give a book a chance to get better, but soon it became apparent that I would have to finish this book to see how bad it could get. In that regard, it did not disappoint.

Mitzy may be a perfect name for the ditzy protagonist, but calling the owner of a one-agent real estate firm Neuhaus (new house) is really over the top.
D
Apr 23, 2013 D rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The author needs to cut down on her caffeine intake. This book was all over the place. There were disjointed sentences and misplaced words. Character descriptions kept changing. Also, it's not a good start when a sentence on page 9 reads "Mitzy walked on at a comfortable, contemplative pace and contemplated her situation."

The book is about a real estate mogul and the author is very good about using real estate terms but that is as far as it goes. As the entire first half of the book is a set-up
Mary Findley
Jan 14, 2012 Mary Findley rated it really liked it
I did a search on Christian books for my new Kindle Fire, and this is one of the ones that came up. This a cute story. I liked the idea for the mystery, an old house with mysteriously missing, important furnishings, and the author is clearly knowledgeable about real estate, the field Mitzy is in. Mitzy is an employer with a good heart and a good citizen. Her antagonism toward a commercial real estate rival, Alonzo, is easier to understand when you realize how independent and competitive she has ...more
Olivia B
Aug 14, 2013 Olivia B rated it did not like it
Bait and switch preachy novel not worth the "free" pricetag

An hour into this book I did something I've never done before - put down a book in the middle of a train ride leaving me with nothing better to do than stare out the window, and to delete it off my Nook. Seriously, it was that bad. An hour in and the characters were already so flat and boring I hoped that they would be the murder victims - although for a mystery, there was a suspicious lack of ANY CRIME happening. However, there were a l
Elaine
Jun 18, 2011 Elaine rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was very disappointed in this book. First, what was the mystery? The first half of the book was basically very obvious set up for the last part, but the story line was very weak and disjointed. The characters were 1 dimensional, and, please, the love interest pathetic. I do not mind reading Christian based books, but this seemed to have added the Christian theme as an afterthought. I found it annoying and distracting and added nothing to the story.
Bookadventurer
Nov 10, 2013 Bookadventurer rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2013, series-1
Haphazard and confusing. I agree with other reviews that that this book was disjointed and all over the place. I also would NOT consider this a Christian mystery.

Terri
Apr 04, 2013 Terri rated it did not like it
Foreclosed is one of the most boring books I ever picked up. I called it quits about halfway through it.
Connie
Feb 02, 2012 Connie rated it it was ok
FORECLOSED by Traci Tyne Hilton is 230 pages. I read this one on my Kindle and it was a free book from Amazon. It is a Mitzy Neuhaus Mystery.

I did not enjoy this book very much. I thought it was just a very light mystery and if it is supposed to be Christian Fiction, I felt that fell short of the mark too. It took forever to get to the real mystery and once you were there, you didn't really care in my opinion. I know that Cozies are to be light and fun, but this was just a story in my opinion wi
Sharon
May 26, 2014 Sharon rated it did not like it
I continued reading this book because I thought the story had potential despite the awkward writing and poor grammar. I was wrong. If the author wants to write other book I would suggest that she find a competent editor. Her sentences and paragraphs were riddled by grammatical errors that made it hard at times to follow her meaning and, in one particular case, the scene jumped with no warning or explanation. I got this book as a "free Friday" selection from Barnes and Noble and although I consid ...more
Magiccats
Jun 26, 2013 Magiccats rated it did not like it
Shelves: could-not-finish
Not my cup of tea. I began to wonder with the short choppy sentences at the beginning, but then it began to flow better and I started to become hopeful.

But, my word, the author put so much real estate info into the beginning that I began to ask myself, when will the story start??? And really, do I care about this info?

My answer = I don't!!

Talk about filler. I finally lost interest and quit reading.
Yibbie
Jan 18, 2016 Yibbie rated it did not like it
Shelves: mysteries
Not as good as I hoped.
The language was clean. At one point a character struggles with his language and it is pointed out that cursing/swearing is forbidden in the Bible. He still does use a few replacement words, but those weren't offensive.
There wasn't any direct smut, but the main character deals with a rather crude radio announcer. Was it really necessary to write out the dialog? I understand she wants to develop a situation to demonstrate Christian forgiveness, but there are more delicat
Lara Frater
Dec 29, 2012 Lara Frater rated it did not like it
One of the worst books I've ever read. I want my 99 cents back.
Theresahpir
Feb 28, 2014 Theresahpir rated it did not like it
I really liked the idea of this book...a cozy mystery centered on a beautiful Queen Anne Victorian and missing Russian jewels. I was severely disappointed in its execution, though.

This just simply was NOT a well-written book. Cliches, awkward dialogue, and a plot that darted around everywhere was the least of its issues. My main complaint is the main character, real estate "mogul," Mitzy Neuhaus.

I understand that this was supposed to be a Christian based mystery and that no one, Christians inclu
Tiph
Aug 05, 2015 Tiph rated it it was ok
while this was a clean, light enjoyable read... it was a little all over the place. The story was goes along at a pretty good pace when suddenly the author decides its time to finish the book. And the story main character and her nemesis, are suddenly all good, buying the property together and making googly eyes at one another... It just seemed really haphazardly thrown together and random. I will not be reading any of the others in the series.
Leona
Jul 19, 2016 Leona rated it liked it
From goodreads.com:

But with the homeowner desperate to keep Mitzy away from his property and Alonzo, the dangerously hot rival investor trying to snatch it ou
Ann Perez
Apr 15, 2014 Ann Perez rated it really liked it
A good mystery,a little romance even nods to God!

I loved the characters, there was enough background to make them interesting. that's why I love to read, it's like getting to know someone new. there was history to learn as the story unfolded. I love Victorian houses and would really like to explore the Baltimore house. I would recommend this book,highly!
Miranda
Apr 04, 2014 Miranda rated it it was ok
The bare bones of this story had immense potential, with missing quartz countertops and Royal Romanov jewels, arson, Russian mafia, and a spunky main character stuck in the 80's, however, I'm afraid it did not rise to it.

Being the first in a series, I felt some of the characters needed more background information. At one point a character disappears for days, no one knows where she is, and when she resurfaces not a single person bothers to even ask her where she's been. Not even when the author
Lisa
Jun 20, 2016 Lisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Mitzy Neuhaus is a realtor in Portland, at the top of her game. A millionaire by 30, she really knows her field, but with the recession, there's barely enough work to keep her and her staff busy. She tries a radio gig and a stint on a TV show to fill her time. In the meantime, she's always on the lookout for a new place to sell, and a Victorian mansion catches her eye. When it gets foreclosed, she has it in her sights...but she's not the only one. How can she snag it before someone else does?

I'v
Cindi Moss
Feb 08, 2016 Cindi Moss rated it it was ok
2 stars is supposed to be "it was ok". Best I can do. The mystery seemed to be added as an afterthought. The romance seemed to be added as an after thought. The Christian aspect seemed to be added as an after though. Even the real estate story line seemed to be added as an after thought. IT doesn't flow, it doesn't pull you in and it doesn't even really make sense. Several times I thought I had missed something or mis read and had to go back over the past pages. Nope, didn't miss anything - noth ...more
Diane Runyan
May 17, 2016 Diane Runyan rated it it was amazing
Another one of those that fall into the "I can't put it down" category. A small town real estate broker tries to keep her business going. In a time of low sales. There is an old house that stands empty on one of the streets. She walks around it, and checks it out through the Windows only to find that someone has started working on the inside. The next time she returns, she finds that all of the new appliances - as well as a large granite counter-top are gone! There is a sub-plot regarding some f ...more
Carol
Feb 10, 2016 Carol rated it it was amazing
Good read.

Traci has done a great job expressing each character and their positions in the book. I feel like I personally know Mitzy. I bet she would be fun to work with and her employees would reap the benefits of being able to work along side her. She seems very fair in her work environment and a top notch realtor. She cares about her team and wants everyone to be a success.
Problem with most any job is you never know what your getting into until some times it too late and your in over your hea
Jennifer Tooker
Jul 24, 2016 Jennifer Tooker rated it liked it
Part Cozy and part romance, but falls flat

Foreclosed is the first in the Mitzy Neuhaus Mystery series by Traci Tyne Hilton. Set in Portland, Mitzy Neuhaus is a hot shot realtor. With her high profile, unique look and regular spots on local radio, she is also quite the local celebrity. When a prominent Victorian mansion falls into foreclosure next door to one of her rental properties, Mitzy launches into action to recover the property and secure its future use as a residence. Little does she kno
Kim Dennis
Oct 03, 2015 Kim Dennis rated it liked it
Shelves: audio-books
Sharon Delarose
Dec 18, 2012 Sharon Delarose rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Arson, identity theft, jewelry theft, an abandoned dog, a mysterious man, friends who aren't your friends, a politician with a dirty little secret, a realtor with a mission, and a dark, Italian hottie — what better of a way to engage in a mystery? As with any good mystery, you form hypotheses and not all of mine were correct. There are so many directions it could have gone which leads you on a merry chase almost to the end.

I got sucked into the characters, and the occasional bit of unexpected h
Ann-marie
Jun 12, 2013 Ann-marie rated it really liked it
This was a quick and fun read. I enjoyed reading a good mystery, that was clean of all sexual junk normally found in other books; definitely a good change of pace for this reader.

Mitzy is a real-estate agent agent, and runs her office with the help of her assistants, Sabrina and Ben. The market is not booming, and the economy is going through rough times. Mitzy has a weekly spot on a local radio, chatting with listeners about money, finances, and real estate, but she has bigger things in mind.
Twyla
Feb 18, 2014 Twyla rated it it was ok
I was disappointed. First, i picked this up i the murder mystery section and as i kept reading, i kept wondering when the dead body was going to show up and then there wasnt one,at all anyways. Pooh. The writing style was weird, like it was written ten fifteen years ago instead of something contemporary. spoiler ... The puppy is a red herring.and it got a bit christian without being specific, it did not read lik e the first in a series. It was just all over the place.
Joana
Aug 02, 2012 Joana rated it really liked it
This one is filled with mystery, suspense, humor and a little bit of romance. Real Estate Mogul Mitzy Neuhaus is desperately seeking a way to help the local economy pick up from its current slump. A house she's been watching for quite some time finally comes up for sale and Mitxy begins snooping into its past. Soon she finds herself in trouble of a sinister kind.

I was hooked to this one from the beginning. I couldn't put it down and finished it in one day. If you love good clean fiction with mys
Julie
Feb 02, 2014 Julie rated it really liked it
I loved the cover so that tweaked my interest to buy the kindle read. It caught me right away. I can't put my finger on why but it kept me reading. I wanted to find out more. It was a comfortable read that kept me wondering. Part of what was running through my mind was trying to figure out if the characters she introduced were really who they seemed to be and would she end up with one of the men even if their characters seemed a little sketchy and kept us wondering. I will read more books by thi ...more
Moira
Feb 23, 2014 Moira rated it it was ok
The characters were rather flat, the story jumped awkwardly, and there was a horrendous misuse of pronouns making for some very uncomfortable sentence structure. And more forceful references to how "Christian" the characters were (or weren't) acting. Really, it should probably be 1 star, but I enjoyed the concept if not the execution - and truthfully, I could see the premise making a fun Murder-She -Wrote like television series.
Stitchywoman
Aug 05, 2014 Stitchywoman rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
A crime mystery, not a cozy murder mystery. This was an easy read but didn't really keep my interest. The story didn't seem cohesive at times and redundant at others. There was also Christian references interspersed in the book. I'm fine with reading Christian literature but it felt like this was just added into the story without really enhancing it, almost like an afterthought.
  • A Case of Imagination (Madeline Maclin #1)
  • Down Home And Deadly  (Sleuthing Sisters Mystery #3)
  • Dead Pan (Daphne Martin, #2)
  • Murder In Half Moon Bay (A Jillian Bradley Mystery #1)
  • California Schemin' (A Bree MacGowan Mystery #2)
  • Life's a Beach Then You Die
  • Digging Up Death (Mari Duggins Mystery, #1)
  • The Chronicles of Marr-nia (Short Stories Starring Barbara Marr)
  • Dolled Up For Murder (Gretchen Birch, #1)
  • At Large (Josephine Fuller, #3)
  • Cooking the Books (Sloane Templeton Mysteries #1)
  • Death on the Aegean Queen (Dotsy Lamb, #3)
  • 52 Steps To Murder (Dekker Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Fudge-Laced Felonies (Summer Meadows Mystery #1)
  • Progressive Dinner Deadly (Myrtle Clover Cozy Mysteries #2)
  • Ms America and the Offing on Oahu (Beauty Queen Mystery, #1)
  • For Love of Livvy (Esposito Mysteries, #1)
  • Any Port in a Storm (A Jolie Gentil Cozy Mystery, #4)
Traci Tyne Hilton is an award winning playwright, the author of The Mitzy Neuhaus Mystery series, a story teller, and children's ministry worker.

She earned her bachelors degree in history from Portland State University.
More about Traci Tyne Hilton...

The Mitzy Neuhaus Mysteries (4 books)
  • Eminent Domain (The Mitzy Neuhaus Mysteries, #2)
  • Buyer's Remorse (The Mitzy Neuhaus Mysteries, #3)
  • Frozen Assets (The Mitzy Neuhaus Mysteries #4)

“She crept out of her car as quietly and carefully as a woman in stiletto boots wearing a puppy in a frontpack could.” 0 likes